FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nakedness

Nakedness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emorefrida OP   Couple  over a year ago

La la land

So my best mate has just rang in a massive tizz. The little girl she looks after has just found a picture of her husband in the bath. And asked me if she's broken her!

Got me thinking, I don't hide my body from my kids, they jumped in the bath with me the other night when they were supposed to be in bed But I don't recall ever seeing my father in his pants.

What are others views on nakedness? Do you hide away or get embarrassed? Or are you a shug it's my bedroom you walked in? Or are you full-on walking around the house naked?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

We still go ( occasionally) to naturist beaches with our daughter who is 24.

We have never hid nudity with her. Like my mum did me.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I think nakedness should be embraced by all. Britain is a prudish country compared to most.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We're both naked around the home sometimes, just the human form, no big deal. I frequently bath with my daughter.

london

BTW. What does broken her mean?

La la land

Do you think it helps promote better body confidence? As the kids have a better idea of what a naked body looks like not what they see in the media?

La la land

"BTW. What does broken her mean?"

I'm not entirely sure they were her words. But she was very upset and concerned

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I've never been shy about being naked, I'm definitely not one to try and hide in the corner in communal changing rooms.

I've never been to a naturist beach, but I'd like to.

london

"Do you think it helps promote better body confidence? As the kids have a better idea of what a naked body looks like not what they see in the media? "

When my dad worked away ( he was never naked ) I would sleep in my mums bed with us both naked.

Glasgowish

"I've never been shy about being naked, I'm definitely not one to try and hide in the corner in communal changing rooms.

I've never been to a naturist beach, but I'd like to. "

Nudist beaches are fantastic.

When it's just me and the lads in, its fair game we just walk about in what ever we have on, most the time nothing. I've always been open with the them, tried to show there is nothing to be embarrassed about and give them a complex as they grew older. Last thing I'd want is lads too ashamed to get changed after sports. Their mum however doesn't agree and they are always dressed when around her.

La la land

"We're both naked around the home sometimes, just the human form, no big deal. I frequently bath with my daughter."

This is my take on it, it's nothing to be ashamed of it's a body we've all got one

La la land

"When it's just me and the lads in, its fair game we just walk about in what ever we have on, most the time nothing. I've always been open with the them, tried to show there is nothing to be embarrassed about and give them a complex as they grew older. Last thing I'd want is lads too ashamed to get changed after sports. Their mum however doesn't agree and they are always dressed when around her. "

That's my sentiment as well, though I have boys and I'm far more relaxed about nakedness than my ex. Want them to be body confident, something I never was until fairly recently

My dad died when l was 9 , so from about the age 12 l spent weekends at auntie and uncles , they were naturists

looking back it has made me the open minded person l am today

No regrets

london

"My dad died when l was 9 , so from about the age 12 l spent weekends at auntie and uncles , they were naturists

No regrets"

So sad to read about your dad

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Nakedness has never bothered me, we often relax semi naked (I have to wear a bra top for my boobs as they get in the way) nudist beaches are great once the guys get over the perv and stop staring.

kids also need body confidence as teens can develop issues and anorexia is a horrible illness

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

I was actually discussing this with my mum last night as our children are 10 & 7 and at the moment we don't hide our own nakedness when we are in bathroom and bedroom and they just walk in. My childhood was pretty much the same, my mum seems to think that it was when I started to get embarrassed about it that I stopped walking into their bedroom or bathroom and they knew to cover up when I was around. I think that is how I'll deal with it. I just don't want them thinking that nakedness is shameful or not normal x

london

"Nakedness has never bothered me, we often relax semi naked (I have to wear a bra top for my boobs as they get in the way) nudist beaches are great once the guys get over the perv and stop staring.

kids also need body confidence as teens can develop issues and anorexia is a horrible illness "

My girl was shy one year when she was. Let’s say maturing. Until we met another family with a daughter the same age and they both chatted and she was fine. Only time she’s ever been worried

La la land

"My dad died when l was 9 , so from about the age 12 l spent weekends at auntie and uncles , they were naturists

No regrets"

Sorry about your dad, but I'm glad to hear your naturist uncles and aunt helped make you into an open minded person

La la land

"I was actually discussing this with my mum last night as our children are 10 & 7 and at the moment we don't hide our own nakedness when we are in bathroom and bedroom and they just walk in. My childhood was pretty much the same, my mum seems to think that it was when I started to get embarrassed about it that I stopped walking into their bedroom or bathroom and they knew to cover up when I was around. I think that is how I'll deal with it. I just don't want them thinking that nakedness is shameful or not normal x"

Same my boys are 9 and 7. I was brought up that nakedness was a terrible and shameful. And it's not something I want to pass on to them. They're the ones who jumped into the bath with me so it was their decision. And yesterday we had a water fight and we soaked so stripped off in the kitchen. Don't want it to be an issue in our house.

La la land

"Nakedness has never bothered me, we often relax semi naked (I have to wear a bra top for my boobs as they get in the way) nudist beaches are great once the guys get over the perv and stop staring.

kids also need body confidence as teens can develop issues and anorexia is a horrible illness "

This is what I'm trying to grapple with now, is how to install body confidence in boys. There's so much out there for girls but not so much boys

Glasgowish

My mum still has a fit if i wear something showing a bit of cleavage or a dress above the knee.

Apart from the obvious shock at realising I'm not your best mate and the jealousy of your REAL best mate.... .....I think naked is fine, my daughter just points and laughs if she catches me naked and tells me I'm a fatty with a sausage and balls or summat similar. She still runs around the garden splashing in the paddling pool naked when it's hot. I think there's innocent naked and there's adult naked which are slightly different.....

La la land

"My mum still has a fit if i wear something showing a bit of cleavage or a dress above the knee."

Mine is the same, and I don't dress appropriately for my age is the newest one

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I remember seeing my parents naked as a kid. My mum used to change in front of us and I used to love getting in the bath with my dad when I was small which thinking back must have been annoying as fuck for a 6ft 4 bloke . When I got nits in school one time my mum just came into the bathroom while I was showering to comb the treatment through my hair from the side of the bath. So nudity was pretty much a none issue in my family. I imagine that has contributed to my chilled attitude about nudity. I'm pretty happy being nude at events, I've always happily walked around naked in front of partners and I've done nude photography for friends who were photography/art students at university. I have my oen body hang ups but at the end of the day it's just a body. We all have them and none of them are perfect.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

kids also need body confidence as teens can develop issues and anorexia is a horrible illness

This is what I'm trying to grapple with now, is how to install body confidence in boys. There's so much out there for girls but not so much boys "

I'll send you some stuff in PM that may help x

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"I've never been shy about being naked, I'm definitely not one to try and hide in the corner in communal changing rooms.

I've never been to a naturist beach, but I'd like to. "

I've not either but must confess it's a long standing curiosity i'd like to tick off some day

Glasgowish

"My mum still has a fit if i wear something showing a bit of cleavage or a dress above the knee.

Mine is the same, and I don't dress appropriately for my age is the newest one "

Apparently i am too old for long hair and should get it cut short loke my sisters.

La la land

"Apart from the obvious shock at realising I'm not your best mate and the jealousy of your REAL best mate.... .....I think naked is fine, my daughter just points and laughs if she catches me naked and tells me I'm a fatty with a sausage and balls or summat similar. She still runs around the garden splashing in the paddling pool naked when it's hot. I think there's innocent naked and there's adult naked which are slightly different..... "

Shut up you, you absolute idiot... Kids are brutal about nakedness, since lockdown the boys asked me how come I had a beard there

But agree there can be a difference between kid and adult nakedness. So as my eldest goes into his teenage years how do you account for that? Do you as a parent carry on as normal, and explain the differences different people have regarding nakedness?

La la land

This is what I'm trying to grapple with now, is how to install body confidence in boys. There's so much out there for girls but not so much boys

I'll send you some stuff in PM that may help x"

That would be most helpful thank you x

La la land

"I remember seeing my parents naked as a kid. My mum used to change in front of us and I used to love getting in the bath with my dad when I was small which thinking back must have been annoying as fuck for a 6ft 4 bloke . When I got nits in school one time my mum just came into the bathroom while I was showering to comb the treatment through my hair from the side of the bath. So nudity was pretty much a none issue in my family. I imagine that has contributed to my chilled attitude about nudity. I'm pretty happy being nude at events, I've always happily walked around naked in front of partners and I've done nude photography for friends who were photography/art students at university. I have my oen body hang ups but at the end of the day it's just a body. We all have them and none of them are perfect. "

This is the exact kind of thing I'm striving to achieve for the boys.

La la land

[Removed by poster at 15/06/20 10:50:27]

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"My mum still has a fit if i wear something showing a bit of cleavage or a dress above the knee."

Lol. My mum used to be like that but she's not quite as bad now although she still looks me up and down every time she sees me.

"Apart from the obvious shock at realising I'm not your best mate and the jealousy of your REAL best mate.... .....I think naked is fine, my daughter just points and laughs if she catches me naked and tells me I'm a fatty with a sausage and balls or summat similar. She still runs around the garden splashing in the paddling pool naked when it's hot. I think there's innocent naked and there's adult naked which are slightly different.....

Shut up you, you absolute idiot... Kids are brutal about nakedness, since lockdown the boys asked me how come I had a beard there

But agree there can be a difference between kid and adult nakedness. So as my eldest goes into his teenage years how do you account for that? Do you as a parent carry on as normal, and explain the differences different people have regarding nakedness? "

Why do you have a beard down there and how come you've not shown me this new look yet....?

Idk, my girl is 11 next month and I'm dreading the onslaught of hormones n shiz... ...I guess I'll be of the approach that HER approach is fine, whatever that may be and she won't need to apologise for herself....

london

"Apart from the obvious shock at realising I'm not your best mate and the jealousy of your REAL best mate.... .....I think naked is fine, my daughter just points and laughs if she catches me naked and tells me I'm a fatty with a sausage and balls or summat similar. She still runs around the garden splashing in the paddling pool naked when it's hot. I think there's innocent naked and there's adult naked which are slightly different.....

But agree there can be a difference between kid and adult nakedness. So as my eldest goes into his teenage years how do you account for that? Do you as a parent carry on as normal, and explain the differences different people have regarding nakedness? "

They only have an issue with it if you start to make an issue of it.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think where nudity is concerned people must do what they're comfortable with without inflicting their nudity or views on other people.

I wish it was more acceptable to be naked but until people stop associating nudity with sex it will never happen

I was debating this myself the other day, I have 2 sons with special needs and I am a single parent and have been for 8 years.

I have always been open and because I have to help them wash and dress still.. we have always been ok about being naked and not thought anything about it.

But now my eldest has started developing.. I am trying to be more cautious and tell him to shut doors for privacy etc.. still doesn't stop them walking in when I am naked.. lol!

Never saw my own parents naked and really wouldn't want to.. Hope I don't scar my kids.. :S

I’m very comfortable naked and sunbathe naked in the garden. I walk about naked at times however I am aware my 20yo son is not as comfortable with it, so I don’t do it as overtly now he is back at home again after finishing Uni.

I am sensitive to how others feel about it while also ensuring I don’t become self sacrificing in terms of denying myself something I enjoy. I imagine if I had a daughter I would likely behave differently again.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I was debating this myself the other day, I have 2 sons with special needs and I am a single parent and have been for 8 years.

I have always been open and because I have to help them wash and dress still.. we have always been ok about being naked and not thought anything about it.

But now my eldest has started developing.. I am trying to be more cautious and tell him to shut doors for privacy etc.. still doesn't stop them walking in when I am naked.. lol!

Never saw my own parents naked and really wouldn't want to.. Hope I don't scar my kids.. :S"

I think you have to be guided by your kids personally. If they ask for privacy where nudity is concerned give it to them, if they don't it's all good.

"I was debating this myself the other day, I have 2 sons with special needs and I am a single parent and have been for 8 years.

Never saw my own parents naked and really wouldn't want to.. Hope I don't scar my kids.. :S

I think you have to be guided by your kids personally. If they ask for privacy where nudity is concerned give it to them, if they don't it's all good. "

yeah you're probably right.. :D x

La la land

But agree there can be a difference between kid and adult nakedness. So as my eldest goes into his teenage years how do you account for that? Do you as a parent carry on as normal, and explain the differences different people have regarding nakedness?

Why do you have a beard down there and how come you've not shown me this new look yet....?

Idk, my girl is 11 next month and I'm dreading the onslaught of hormones n shiz... ...I guess I'll be of the approach that HER approach is fine, whatever that may be and she won't need to apologise for herself.... "

That's kind of my approach most of the time, I just wish the boys wouldn't moon to the world quite so much, the little horrors

Idk, my girl is 11 next month and I'm dreading the onslaught of hormones n shiz... ...I guess I'll be of the approach that HER approach is fine, whatever that may be and she won't need to apologise for herself....

That's kind of my approach most of the time, I just wish the boys wouldn't moon to the world quite so much, the little horrors "

I'll change my profile pic then.....

La la land

Never saw my own parents naked and really wouldn't want to.. Hope I don't scar my kids.. :S"

You won't scar your kids, for me personally my parents hiding away and saying naked bodies were shameful impacted how I viewed myself. If they're happy so cares really?

La la land

That's kind of my approach most of the time, I just wish the boys wouldn't moon to the world quite so much, the little horrors

I'll change my profile pic then..... "

Haha you don't do it walking down the street though, or do you?

london

Like I said. If you make an issue then they will possibly have an issue. Until then. It’s normal. Keep it that way if you can.

I'll change my profile pic then.....

Haha you don't do it walking down the street though, or do you? "

La la land

"I’m very comfortable naked and sunbathe naked in the garden. I walk about naked at times however I am aware my 20yo son is not as comfortable with it, so I don’t do it as overtly now he is back at home again after finishing Uni.

I am sensitive to how others feel about it while also ensuring I don’t become self sacrificing in terms of denying myself something I enjoy. I imagine if I had a daughter I would likely behave differently again."

Think that's where I'm not as sure as I have two boys. But then again I'd rather they had an appreciation that cellulite, stretch marks and all that is just normal

I think you have to be guided by your kids personally. If they ask for privacy where nudity is concerned give it to them, if they don't it's all good. "

Agree with this. Kids are all different, mine are comfortable with nudity but don’t necessarily want to see their mum naked. Quite big on respecting personal space so we adhere to that and I take my lead from them on what they are and aren’t comfortable with.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

When my kids were little they used to run around with no clothes on, get in the bath with me or their dad. It all stopped when they were 11/12 I think, it was them who decided they wanted privacy in the bathroom and us to knock on their bedroom doors etc.

La la land

"I’m very comfortable naked and sunbathe naked in the garden. I walk about naked at times however I am aware my 20yo son is not as comfortable with it, so I don’t do it as overtly now he is back at home again after finishing Uni.

I am sensitive to how others feel about it while also ensuring I don’t become self sacrificing in terms of denying myself something I enjoy. I imagine if I had a daughter I would likely behave differently again."

Think that's where I'm not as sure as I have two boys. But then again I'd rather they had an appreciation that cellulite, stretch marks and all that is just normal

london

I am sensitive to how others feel about it while also ensuring I don’t become self sacrificing in terms of denying myself something I enjoy. I imagine if I had a daughter I would likely behave differently again.

Think that's where I'm not as sure as I have two boys. But then again I'd rather they had an appreciation that cellulite, stretch marks and all that is just normal "

awww lol

Think that's where I'm not as sure as I have two boys. But then again I'd rather they had an appreciation that cellulite, stretch marks and all that is just normal "

I think go with how they feel about it. I think it is healthy for them to feel comfortable around nakedness. Have you had a conversation about it?

Being naked is fantastic and so good for building confidence I skinny dipping whenever I can and love finding little places up north in the camper you can sunbathe naked ...I've attended the glasgow naturist baths once or twice and ventured on a holiday to vera playa quite a popular naturist spot ...only thing missing is company ..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I was raised with a lot of shame about my body, and particularly the idea I had to shield others from it (religious sexist bullshit).

Outside of the swinging sphere I'm very careful to err on the side of caution, and possibly look like I'm squeamish or prudish.

I've found it very liberating to let that go in circumstances where it's appropriate.

La la land

I think go with how they feel about it. I think it is healthy for them to feel comfortable around nakedness. Have you had a conversation about it? "

Not yet my eldest turns 10 this year. And so far it's not a problem and I hadn't thought about it until the conversation with my friend, which set the cogs whirring.

london

I think go with how they feel about it. I think it is healthy for them to feel comfortable around nakedness. Have you had a conversation about it?

Not yet my eldest turns 10 this year. And so far it's not a problem and I hadn't thought about it until the conversation with my friend, which set the cogs whirring. "

Take him to a naturist beach. A family one like we did ( by accident)with my daughter. Although she never minded being naked around us she was a little shy at first until she saw kids her age.

La la land

Not yet my eldest turns 10 this year. And so far it's not a problem and I hadn't thought about it until the conversation with my friend, which set the cogs whirring.

Take him to a naturist beach. A family one like we did ( by accident)with my daughter. Although she never minded being naked around us she was a little shy at first until she saw kids her age. "

Think this is maybe a good idea, going have a look and think about it, thank you

» Add a new message to this topic