FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 'Third Summer of Love' Illegal Raves?

'Third Summer of Love' Illegal Raves?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *.D.I.D.A.S OP   Man  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

That was the article headline from The Times. There were two large raves with attendances of at least 4000 at one event and with the police seemingly unable to prevent proceedings, the most they were able to do was to supervise those in attendance.

With some pockets being hit hard, no opportunities for leisure activities, no holidays abroad on the horizon, no clubs, no bars or pubs as we remembered them... does this pave the way for the rise of the illegal scene again?

Personally, I think it would be quite interesting to see the re-emergence of such a scene post Covid-19. Right now however, I think it is still too much of a risk for spreading the infection.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Stuck in a Convoy looking for that elusive party with the plod trying to stop it.

Happy days

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They should barricade them in and make the filthy arseholes clean the place up before they are allowed to leave.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

three stabbings one of which has left a man with life changing injury. plus one r ape of a teenage girl at the one at Carrington. not good

By *wingamajigsCouple  over a year ago

Folkestone

Having my fill in 88-91 I think ill give this one a miss

"three stabbings one of which has left a man with life changing injury. plus one r ape of a teenage girl at the one at Carrington. not good "

I used to live around there... residents say the mess they left was disgusting ... and someone has died too...

By *attooBBWWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

As a DJ, I’m all for this! I’m missing gigging like you wouldn’t believe.

I think free parties are very different in Scotland compared to ones friends go to in England. Much smaller, very respectful people and we ALWAYS tidy up afterwards.

Another big difference is police attitudes. Up here, they’re very tolerant as long as you’re respectful to them, aren’t actually bothering anyone in their home and leave the site tidy. Police in England turn up in riot gear ready for conflict. Here, we get 2 cops in one car, chilled as anything.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

The one they had in Liverpool was an embarrassment to the name rave.

Couple of hundred kids standing looking at their phones, few dozen inhaling nox.

I've raved more in the soft furnishings section at M&S.

"As a DJ, I’m all for this! I’m missing gigging like you wouldn’t believe.

I think free parties are very different in Scotland compared to ones friends go to in England. Much smaller, very respectful people and we ALWAYS tidy up afterwards.

Another big difference is police attitudes. Up here, they’re very tolerant as long as you’re respectful to them, aren’t actually bothering anyone in their home and leave the site tidy. Police in England turn up in riot gear ready for conflict. Here, we get 2 cops in one car, chilled as anything. "

Its a stupid thing to do during a pandemic though...

By *attooBBWWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"As a DJ, I’m all for this! I’m missing gigging like you wouldn’t believe.

Another big difference is police attitudes. Up here, they’re very tolerant as long as you’re respectful to them, aren’t actually bothering anyone in their home and leave the site tidy. Police in England turn up in riot gear ready for conflict. Here, we get 2 cops in one car, chilled as anything.

Its a stupid thing to do during a pandemic though... "

Oh, absolutely!! But hopefully once restrictions relax a bit. I don’t see indoor large scale events happening for a long, long time. Devastated my events business!

By *.D.I.D.A.S OP   Man  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

A r ape, an overdose death and three stabbings accompanied these events so tragedy and wrongdoing is also attributed to such events. However, these incidences also occur weekly on a high street, each summer at festivals or on a stretch in Spain or similar. Not saying this is all OK and is acceptable as part and parcel of the rave culture by any means. Obviously it isn't unless you're a wrongun.

However, I think the past generations' positive experiences is what the people who love raving should aspire to. I missed out on those opportunities but do wish I was part of that movement. Whether the current generation strive for this or can achieve this, I have no idea.

By *abonWoman  over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

"The one they had in Liverpool was an embarrassment to the name rave.

Couple of hundred kids standing looking at their phones, few dozen inhaling nox.

I've raved more in the soft furnishings section at M&S."

By *lap.n.tickleCouple  over a year ago

sunny Manchester :)

it was fun in the day but can't ever see it happening again. Nice thought but na I'll give it a wide 1 this time round

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

This type of event can often be organised on a need to know / last minute notice.

I used to be Security Manager of a site in Essex back in the late 90's, where my bosses had taken in "raves" on a number of occasions, all of which ended up in major disruption, damage and multiple arrests for drug dealing!

My bosses were warned NEVER to take on these events or Licences would be revoked and our site closed down and future conditions were imposed to prevent any repetition.

A year later, a supposed 21st Birthday Party booking started to ring warning bells on the day, as heavy duty Music systems were delivered, and dubious known 'connections' began to show up.

We had an upper hand though, as the organiser had ommitted to arrange Security despite knowing they had to. We were able to use this clause to cancel the function barely an hour into it starting.

We advised the local Police, who made quick checks and discovered the event had been arranged through a local address where the occupant had connections with these events.

This one, had been advertised as far away as Dorset, Hampshire, Oxford, Birmingham and Norwich as well as across London.

Police put in road blocks on approach roads plus a cordon at our Main Gate; in total they turned away just under 6000 revellers, some of whom were arriving by the coach load! Trouble erupted when people were advised the event wasn't taking place.

These event organisers work under the radar, cause untold misery, disruption to local communities, have no regard to the law, are used by Drug dealers to peddle their filth, and the mess they leave behind is immense. The underlying influence of some, is chilling, downright dangerous and evil. At one event, I was threatened by one guy with an operating chain saw, for knocking off the fuse panels!

These event organisers and DJ's are total scum!

» Add a new message to this topic