FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gratitude!

Gratitude!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I write a gratitude journal every week that highlights three things that I am grateful for.

Gratitude helps people refocus on what they have instead of what they lack. And, although it may feel contrived at first, this mental state grows stronger with the use and practice. I thought I will share mine with you all, for this week.

1. Freedom:- After being in a govt forced self isolation for two weeks and locked up in a hotel in Sydney, it is a great feeling to have my freedom back. I now appreciate the little things I took for granted in life.

2. My team:- An awesome team that took care of the business while I was away. So grateful and honour to be working with an amazing bunch!

3. A big thank you to that beautiful Angel: I've been talking to an amazing lady for the past few weeks. She is funny, interesting and same time challenged my thoughts and beliefs. Thank you for being that amazing friend. You rock!

What are you grateful for?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Being alive.

Having healthly, curious children.

A warm cosy home.

Supportive family and friends.

"Being alive.

Having healthly, curious children.

A warm cosy home.

Supportive family and friends. "

Awesome to see some great positivity in this turbulent times!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My family are safe and well, and are extremely unlikely to catch Covid-19.

I have great medical care even as I'm ill.

I have incredible friends

I have enormous privileges

"My family are safe and well, and are extremely unlikely to catch Covid-19.

I have great medical care even as I'm ill.

I have incredible friends

I have enormous privileges"

My love and understanding of nature as she is my north....so long as I have my freedom to find nature I can never be lost in life

"My love and understanding of nature as she is my north....so long as I have my freedom to find nature I can never be lost in life "

Awesome mate!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm also very grateful for great Kiwi comedy. Project NZ.

"From all of us here in Australia, well done. You beat Covid-19. Congr ah ah ah... No fuck I can't do it"

Im grateful that fortunately my family are all well (touch wood)

I have a great friend, who’s kept me half sane during a hard time away from covid

And lastly, for my first week or so dipping into the forums, I’m pretty unscathed, and chatted to a couple of lovely ppl

"I'm also very grateful for great Kiwi comedy. Project NZ.

"From all of us here in Australia, well done. You beat Covid-19. Congr ah ah ah... No fuck I can't do it" "

Lol

"Im grateful that fortunately my family are all well (touch wood)

I have a great friend, who’s kept me half sane during a hard time away from covid

And lastly, for my first week or so dipping into the forums, I’m pretty unscathed, and chatted to a couple of lovely ppl "

Great to hear Matt. Hope you enjoy the forums!

I am grateful to have happy healthy children, a roof over my head , enough food in my cupboards and to have the ability to do a job where I can help others x

By *eorge JetsonMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

My family moved away

My friends turned their backs on me

I sit alone with my children every night

I have no companions

Every day is a struggle more than the last.

I am alive to deal with it.

My children are happy and healthy.

THAT is all i need and for that my gratitude is boundless.

"Im grateful that fortunately my family are all well (touch wood)

And lastly, for my first week or so dipping into the forums, I’m pretty unscathed, and chatted to a couple of lovely ppl

Great to hear Matt. Hope you enjoy the forums! "

Cheers mate

I don't get on well with lists, they tend to make me worry because they're either too empty or too full, so they have the negative effect that I'll either create stuff that's not important just to fill the space or delete stuff that needs some attention. I try to just BE grateful for everything, from the simple smile of an old lady when I'm loading up my shopping trolley with bad shit in the supermarket to the big stuff like health, strength and resilience....

"I don't get on well with lists, they tend to make me worry because they're either too empty or too full, so they have the negative effect that I'll either create stuff that's not important just to fill the space or delete stuff that needs some attention. I try to just BE grateful for everything, from the simple smile of an old lady when I'm loading up my shopping trolley with bad shit in the supermarket to the big stuff like health, strength and resilience.... "

It helps when you put it down on a paper. The researchers say that the folks who kept gratitude journal exercised more regularly, reported fewer mental and physical symptoms, felt better about their lives as a whole, and are generally more optimistic about the future compared to their negatively focused counterparts!

By *anielpiercedMan  over a year ago

by the seaside

I'm grateful for my daughter, my dog and my dark sense of humour.

By *lessedXXXWoman  over a year ago

“I never meet”

I tried one after reading Rhonda Byrnes book The Magic but found it too much of a chore and I don’t like putting personal things down in writing.

I acknowledge things I am grateful for as I go through life and use a gratitude symbol on my diary

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

I am grateful for my friends who have supported me through BLM. I grateful for my daughter and having woodlands behind my house to go for walks.

Finally i am grateful for meeting some nice people on fab. It doesn't have to be about sex all the time, just a general wellbeing chat.

"I don't get on well with lists, they tend to make me worry because they're either too empty or too full, so they have the negative effect that I'll either create stuff that's not important just to fill the space or delete stuff that needs some attention. I try to just BE grateful for everything, from the simple smile of an old lady when I'm loading up my shopping trolley with bad shit in the supermarket to the big stuff like health, strength and resilience....

It helps when you put it down on a paper. The researchers say that the folks who kept gratitude journal exercised more regularly, reported fewer mental and physical symptoms, felt better about their lives as a whole, and are generally more optimistic about the future compared to their negatively focused counterparts!"

But those folks were likely to be the type to be grateful in the first place, hence the journal. I don't think the journal itself would necessarily make a person any more grateful, it's just a task.... Anyway, ignore me I'm far from normal....

I think with everything going on and not being able to go home to see friends and family, it’s highlighted how lucky I am to have so many people in my life I have to miss! I’m very grateful for them.

Also very grateful for new people coming into my life. Even if it’s not ideal circumstances, sometimes the unexpected ones turn out to be the best.

I’m grateful for my health and the exceptional healthcare we have available to us should I ever need them

I am not grateful for the giant spider that’s made his way back inside after being put out but I am grateful my home is nice enough that he feels it’s worth the effort to break in again I’ll be even more grateful if he pays rent

love this post

I am grateful for mine and my families health.

I am grateful that can pay my bills without worrying i can afford them.

I'm grateful for the love and support from the people I have in my life

"I don't get on well with lists, they tend to make me worry because they're either too empty or too full, so they have the negative effect that I'll either create stuff that's not important just to fill the space or delete stuff that needs some attention. I try to just BE grateful for everything, from the simple smile of an old lady when I'm loading up my shopping trolley with bad shit in the supermarket to the big stuff like health, strength and resilience....

It helps when you put it down on a paper. The researchers say that the folks who kept gratitude journal exercised more regularly, reported fewer mental and physical symptoms, felt better about their lives as a whole, and are generally more optimistic about the future compared to their negatively focused counterparts!

But those folks were likely to be the type to be grateful in the first place, hence the journal. I don't think the journal itself would necessarily make a person any more grateful, it's just a task.... Anyway, ignore me I'm far from normal.... "

I cannot remember the exact numbers, but the scientists who study positive psychology found that one time act of thoughtful gratitude produced an imminent 10% increase in happiness and 35% reduction in depressive symptoms. The happy effects dissapeared within three to six months which shows that the gratitude is an act to be repeated again and again. Flicking the pages of my journal, takes me to a happy place!

"love this post

I am grateful for mine and my families health.

I am grateful that can pay my bills without worrying i can afford them.

I'm grateful for the love and support from the people I have in my life

"

That is awesome to hear. Yet, lot of people take these simple things for granted in their life. Life is indeed beautiful!

But those folks were likely to be the type to be grateful in the first place, hence the journal. I don't think the journal itself would necessarily make a person any more grateful, it's just a task.... Anyway, ignore me I'm far from normal....

I cannot remember the exact numbers, but the scientists who study positive psychology found that one time act of thoughtful gratitude produced an imminent 10% increase in happiness and 35% reduction in depressive symptoms. The happy effects dissapeared within three to six months which shows that the gratitude is an act to be repeated again and again. Flicking the pages of my journal, takes me to a happy place!"

I agree, just that my mind and my vision of the world is my journal, innit...

I cannot remember the exact numbers, but the scientists who study positive psychology found that one time act of thoughtful gratitude produced an imminent 10% increase in happiness and 35% reduction in depressive symptoms. The happy effects dissapeared within three to six months which shows that the gratitude is an act to be repeated again and again. Flicking the pages of my journal, takes me to a happy place!

I agree, just that my mind and my vision of the world is my journal, innit... "

It is, if that works for you!

"I am grateful for my friends who have supported me through BLM. I grateful for my daughter and having woodlands behind my house to go for walks.

Finally i am grateful for meeting some nice people on fab. It doesn't have to be about sex all the time, just a general wellbeing chat."

Cannot agree more!

» Add a new message to this topic