FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fawlty Towers

Fawlty Towers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ctionnotwords69 OP   Man  over a year ago

ENFIELD

So streaming services are now removing The Germans episode from their line-ups....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

But it's ok to smack a Spaniard around the head.. interestly in the version that Spain bought and had subtitles...Manuel was Portuguese and the Spanish loved it

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

They not what they do! They think this is what the majority want? And if you watched the BBC you would think everone thought like this? But we don't and all they are really doing is stirring up a hornet's nest and sooner rather than later there is going to be a backlash the other way.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They not what they do! They think this is what the majority want? And if you watched the BBC you would think everone thought like this? But we don't and all they are really doing is stirring up a hornet's nest and sooner rather than later there is going to be a backlash the other way. "

I don't think there will be a backlash.

It's outdated and if people really want to watch it then they can buy the DVD'S!

Blackpool

"They not what they do! They think this is what the majority want? And if you watched the BBC you would think everone thought like this? But we don't and all they are really doing is stirring up a hornet's nest and sooner rather than later there is going to be a backlash the other way.

It's outdated and if people really want to watch it then they can buy the DVD'S!"

I'm not talking about a backlash about faulty towers! I'm Talking about the bigger picture and what is to come.

"They not what they do! They think this is what the majority want? And if you watched the BBC you would think everone thought like this? But we don't and all they are really doing is stirring up a hornet's nest and sooner rather than later there is going to be a backlash the other way.

It's outdated and if people really want to watch it then they can buy the DVD'S! I'm not talking about a backlash about faulty towers! I'm Talking about the bigger picture and what is to come. "

I'm very aware with what your talking about and I totally disagree. So you really think there will be a backlash about not mocking people because of the colour of their skin or where they are born?

Blackpool

It's outdated and if people really want to watch it then they can buy the DVD'S! I'm not talking about a backlash about faulty towers! I'm Talking about the bigger picture and what is to come.

I'm very aware with what your talking about and I totally disagree. So you really think there will be a backlash about not mocking people because of the colour of their skin or where they are born?

"

Well it's seems to be already happening judging by alot peoples reaction's. And I'm not just talking on here.

It's outdated and if people really want to watch it then they can buy the DVD'S! I'm not talking about a backlash about faulty towers! I'm Talking about the bigger picture and what is to come.

Well it's seems to be already happening judging by alot peoples reaction's. And I'm not just talking on here. "

I think you've missed the point!

The backlash At the moment is about getting weird of outdated, racist and offensive content!

Keep all your old videos and DVDs of all these shows, they'll be museum pieces soon and be worth a tidy sum. I've got a video of Song of the South somewhere. Having said that on here I bet someonein a dark suit from Disney will soon come knocking at my door.

Blackpool

Well it's seems to be already happening judging by alot peoples reaction's. And I'm not just talking on here.

The backlash At the moment is about getting weird of outdated, racist and offensive content!

"

So the locals did'nt put a guard around the staue of Baden powell to stop the thugs getting at it? And a number of other incidents that are happening around the country. I'm sorry if you don't think these things are happening but I don't now where you get your news from?

So the locals did'nt put a guard around the staue of Baden powell to stop the thugs getting at it? And a number of other incidents that are happening around the country. I'm sorry if you don't think these things are happening but I don't now where you get your news from? "

That comment doesn't make sense. If you had actually read the news you would know that it was actually to stop the council from moving it!

So unfortunately you trying to brand them as thugs is incorrect!

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"They not what they do! They think this is what the majority want? And if you watched the BBC you would think everone thought like this? But we don't and all they are really doing is stirring up a hornet's nest and sooner rather than later there is going to be a backlash the other way. "

Totally agree! Maybe a backlash is needed. It is all going to the extreme. Graffiting Winston Churchill statue for one, absoloutely disrespectful and way below the belt. Why are the minority listened to.

Blackpool

So the locals did'nt put a guard around the staue of Baden powell to stop the thugs getting at it? And a number of other incidents that are happening around the country. I'm sorry if you don't think these things are happening but I don't now where you get your news from?

That comment doesn't make sense. If you had actually read the news you would know that it was actually to stop the council from moving it!

"

I saw the locals stood by the statue on the news this morning before it was given 24hr police protection. Or did I imagine that?

I saw the locals stood by the statue on the news this morning before it was given 24hr police protection. Or did I imagine that? "

No please read what I said!

It was to stop the council removing it.

The police where there to remind those "protecting" it to keep social distancing.

The Council wanted to remove it!

Blackpool

I saw the locals stood by the statue on the news this morning before it was given 24hr police protection. Or did I imagine that?

The police where there to remind those "protecting" it to keep social distancing.

The Council wanted to remove it!"

Yes the council wanted to remove it, not the locals. Big difference.

The Council wanted to remove it! Yes the council wanted to remove it, not the locals. Big difference. "

So not the thugs you referred to earlier then!

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

The problem with this episode isn't the plot line with the Germans. It's the section where Major Gowan uses the N word and a couple of other racial slurs. Now, of course, Cleese and Booth were intending to hold the Major's attitudes up to ridicule, but some people find those words funny exactly because they're off-limits, and that's not really comedy, is it? Nobody should be pandering to people who like hearing the N word for its own sake.

"The problem with this episode isn't the plot line with the Germans. It's the section where Major Gowan uses the N word and a couple of other racial slurs. Now, of course, Cleese and Booth were intending to hold the Major's attitudes up to ridicule, but some people find those words funny exactly because they're off-limits, and that's not really comedy, is it? Nobody should be pandering to people who like hearing the N word for its own sake."

Exactly!

Someone said on another thread that the inbetweeners have been taken down too but actually it's been removed from one network because that network no longer owns rights.

People want to believe this is just political correctness but actually it was only one scean being removed.

Blackpool

The Council wanted to remove it! Yes the council wanted to remove it, not the locals. Big difference.

So not the thugs you referred to earlier then! "

The locals did'nt want the thugs to pull it down! Do I really have to say it again? For heavens sake just go ahead and block us.

The Council wanted to remove it! Yes the council wanted to remove it, not the locals. Big difference.

So not the thugs you referred to earlier then! The locals did'nt want the thugs to pull it down! Do I really have to say it again? For heavens sake just go ahead and block us. "

Pardon!

I'm really sorry that your offended that soneone dares to disagree with you!

Iv been perfectly respectful and iv no idea what blocking you would achieve!

Blackpool

So not the thugs you referred to earlier then! The locals did'nt want the thugs to pull it down! Do I really have to say it again? For heavens sake just go ahead and block us.

Pardon!

Iv been perfectly respectful and iv no idea what blocking you would achieve!"

I'm sorry but the way news was reported this morning and they interviewed a few of the locals they said they was protecting from anybody coming to pull it down.

So not the thugs you referred to earlier then! The locals did'nt want the thugs to pull it down! Do I really have to say it again? For heavens sake just go ahead and block us.

Pardon!

Iv been perfectly respectful and iv no idea what blocking you would achieve!I'm sorry but the way news was reported this morning and they interviewed a few of the locals they said they was protecting from anybody coming to pull it down. "

Blackpool

Pardon!

Iv been perfectly respectful and iv no idea what blocking you would achieve!I'm sorry but the way news was reported this morning and they interviewed a few of the locals they said they was protecting from anybody coming to pull it down. "

Anbody being the thugs that beat and chased the police like at other places earlier. I think they were just being polite by saying anybody?

By *ctionnotwords69 OP   Man  over a year ago

ENFIELD

"The problem with this episode isn't the plot line with the Germans. It's the section where Major Gowan uses the N word and a couple of other racial slurs. Now, of course, Cleese and Booth were intending to hold the Major's attitudes up to ridicule, but some people find those words funny exactly because they're off-limits, and that's not really comedy, is it? Nobody should be pandering to people who like hearing the N word for its own sake."

Mark Twain used the n word too....I guess we'll be burning his books.....

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

Flowery Twats

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"The problem with this episode isn't the plot line with the Germans. It's the section where Major Gowan uses the N word and a couple of other racial slurs. Now, of course, Cleese and Booth were intending to hold the Major's attitudes up to ridicule, but some people find those words funny exactly because they're off-limits, and that's not really comedy, is it? Nobody should be pandering to people who like hearing the N word for its own sake.

Mark Twain used the n word too....I guess we'll be burning his books..... "

Has anybody mentioned Blazing Saddles yet?

but it wasnt written or showed repeatedly to pander to those that like that word.its not the writers fault that its should be removed and deemed offensive just because there are a small number that dont understand the humour

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Hahahahahaha.. vermin faulty.. no major we can't call them that anymore

Blackpool

"The problem with this episode isn't the plot line with the Germans. It's the section where Major Gowan uses the N word and a couple of other racial slurs. Now, of course, Cleese and Booth were intending to hold the Major's attitudes up to ridicule, but some people find those words funny exactly because they're off-limits, and that's not really comedy, is it? Nobody should be pandering to people who like hearing the N word for its own sake.

Mark Twain used the n word too....I guess we'll be burning his books.....

Has anybody mentioned Blazing Saddles yet? "

I was waiting for someone to put a classic 70s film quote thread up. And the sheriff would just have to come along.

» Add a new message to this topic