FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Erase our history Pt. 2

Erase our history Pt. 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Carrying on as I feel the need to respond to some people.

I've never said I agree with the treatment of George Floyd. I've condoned it many times. I just posed a valid point that he wasn't always a Saint, ask the people he burgled. People do change and most deserve a second chance, no argument from me. I've not always been a Saint so won't throw stones at glass houses..

I do think his history had an impact on how he was treated and how he was acting during the circumstances in which he was arrested.

I'm not condoning mistreatment of anyone but I do find it cynical that people cannot grasp that people of all ethnicities have been killed by Police, Army, Militia, Gang, etc. hands.

This is one person, one life and, yes, it matters, but not any more than anyone else's.

If Black lives matter so much then why aren't people marching and protesting against the War Lords in Africa that have taken many, many thousands of lives, or is that acceptable because that's people of the same ethnicity butchering each other?

Surely there are sometimes when we need to look at the big picture and not focus on just one single issue. Yes it's unacceptable, but many more things are unacceptable too.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Carrying on as I feel the need to respond to some people.

I've never said I agree with the treatment of George Floyd. I've condoned it many times. I just posed a valid point that he wasn't always a Saint, ask the people he burgled. People do change and most deserve a second chance, no argument from me. I've not always been a Saint so won't throw stones at glass houses..

I do think his history had an impact on how he was treated and how he was acting during the circumstances in which he was arrested.

I'm not condoning mistreatment of anyone but I do find it cynical that people cannot grasp that people of all ethnicities have been killed by Police, Army, Militia, Gang, etc. hands.

This is one person, one life and, yes, it matters, but not any more than anyone else's.

If Black lives matter so much then why aren't people marching and protesting against the War Lords in Africa that have taken many, many thousands of lives, or is that acceptable because that's people of the same ethnicity butchering each other?

Surely there are sometimes when we need to look at the big picture and not focus on just one single issue. Yes it's unacceptable, but many more things are unacceptable too. "

It doesn't matter what he had done in the past..that doesn't excuse the fact that he was basically executed on The steet by a person who was supposed to 'protect and serve'.

Surely there are sometimes when we need to look at the big picture and not focus on just one single issue. Yes it's unacceptable, but many more things are unacceptable too.

It doesn't matter what he had done in the past..that doesn't excuse the fact that he was basically executed on The steet by a person who was supposed to 'protect and serve'."

So on the one hand you are saying that we need to look at the history of how people (ethnic minorities? ) have been treated but on the other hand we should ignore an individuals history?

liverpool

It doesn't matter what he had done in the past..that doesn't excuse the fact that he was basically executed on The steet by a person who was supposed to 'protect and serve'.

So on the one hand you are saying that we need to look at the history of how people (ethnic minorities? ) have been treated but on the other hand we should ignore an individuals history?"

Its simple.if he commits a crime he has arrested and charged.

No one has the right to summarily kill someone on the street.

So on the one hand you are saying that we need to look at the history of how people (ethnic minorities? ) have been treated but on the other hand we should ignore an individuals history?

No one has the right to summarily kill someone on the street."

I agree, never have I said otherwise. His death/murder/manslaughter was wrong but the reaction to it is also wrong in many cases.

liverpool

No one has the right to summarily kill someone on the street.

I agree, never have I said otherwise. His death/murder/manslaughter was wrong but the reaction to it is also wrong in many cases. "

I think the reaction has probally been a build of factors tbh.

Its opened up a can of worms even over here for sure.

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Surely there are sometimes when we need to look at the big picture and not focus on just one single issue. Yes it's unacceptable, but many more things are unacceptable too. "

You talk so much common sense my dear, I agree with ever word you say! We have so much in common. You are to be admired sweetheart and you are my new hero. xx

Err. I typed condemned in the first paragraph, autocorrect changed it.

"Err. I typed condemned in the first paragraph, autocorrect changed it. "

Second paragraph, that was my error.

» Add a new message to this topic