FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Toss your salad?

Toss your salad?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Someone close to me, went to town on taking the piss out of a salad I prepped. So got me thinking, how does everyone else "toss their salad?".

For a simple side salad I finely chop gem lettuce, roughly chop Spinach and rocket. Very finely sliced onion. Using a peeler for carrot and cucumber, sometimes apple also, or grapes, with halfed cherry tomatoes. All tossed in a homemade dressing.

Is that going too far? What would your salad consist of and how would you make it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t eat salad

"I don’t eat salad "

Well, seen as it's you, you can have some extra sausage at my bbq

You sound like a great tosser

"I don’t eat salad

Well, seen as it's you, you can have some extra sausage at my bbq "

You’re a good soul

"You sound like a great tosser "

I have been told so in the past

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

Can't see anything particularly odd with it. It's a salad. There are endless variations on the theme.

If they didn't approve, tell 'em to make their own next time!

"I don’t eat salad

Well, seen as it's you, you can have some extra sausage at my bbq

You’re a good soul "

I try to please

"Can't see anything particularly odd with it. It's a salad. There are endless variations on the theme.

If they didn't approve, tell 'em to make their own next time!"

The person in question would normally just tear lettuce up, and have odd sized peices of whatever else. I think I might be putting too much thought inro this..

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It depends on my mood, what's growing in the garden and what Tesco have delivered. A big favourite of mine is a simple tomato and olive salad with salt. I do like rocket, spinach, tomato and avocado with home made honey and mustard dressing or rocket, sweetcorn, cucumber, carrot, beetroot and iceberg drizzled with olive oil, or mango, cucumber and dried chilli flakes. I love salad

"It depends on my mood, what's growing in the garden and what Tesco have delivered. A big favourite of mine is a simple tomato and olive salad with salt. I do like rocket, spinach, tomato and avocado with home made honey and mustard dressing or rocket, sweetcorn, cucumber, carrot, beetroot and iceberg drizzled with olive oil, or mango, cucumber and dried chilli flakes. I love salad

"

Now that's what I'm talking about! Different salads for different occasions, nice green salad with home made dressing, I add feta to tomato and olive salad. Haven't added mango to salad before but think would go really well with some bbq fish. Hope weather perks up again here this week.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We’re having salad for tea (or dinner if you’re down south!). Peppers, cucumber, onion, mushrooms, sweetcorn, jalapeños, tossed in a Tesco salad dressing. With warm boiled eggs at the side

By *irewolffMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"I don’t eat salad "

This. Dont get the appeal of salads at all.

"We’re having salad for tea (or dinner if you’re down south!). Peppers, cucumber, onion, mushrooms, sweetcorn, jalapeños, tossed in a Tesco salad dressing. With warm boiled eggs at the side "

Oh dear, you lost me at mushrooms

"I don’t eat salad

This. Dont get the appeal of salads at all. "

Well, I can't give everone extra sausage at the bbq, how about an extra burger? Or some chicken?

I dont think it's odd.. but I am also one of those who tears leaves rather than chop them. And then whatever I feel like and whatever fridge provides. Plentiful combinations. Love salads ! Variety is the key.

We all have our funny little ways for different food prep.

I (her) love making salads, at the moment they consist of chopping tomatoes into chunks and covering with plenty of rock salt and ground black pepper then add some ruby romaine heart lettuce, slices of pepper, chunks of cucumber, chunks of radishes, purple spring onions, sweetcorn, beetroot and drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Occasionally I add gerkins or boiled eggs.

Yummy!

Her x

Today I put together: watercress, rocket, spinach, cooked beets, goats cheese, roasted sunflower seeds, green olives, olive oil, lemon juice (balsamic dressing would be better but run out).

Caprese. Anything that’s 50% cheese is fine by me

"Caprese. Anything that’s 50% cheese is fine by me "

Yum !

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

Today's was grilled chicken, pancetta, kale and sweet peppers mixed with torn spinach leaves, sesame seeds, chia seeds, and a homemade dressing of olive oil, lemon, balsamic and wholegrain mustard.

Bloody yummy it was too.

I love salad! Today mine consisted of shredded gem lettuce, lambs lettuce, cubed cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced beetroot, avocado, sunblushed tomatoes in olive oil, sweet peppers, goat's cheese and mozzarella balls with a drizzle balsamic dressing... and spinach and pepper quiche on the side

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Your salad sounds lovely! Though i might add some potato salad, couscous, pickled onions or beetroot.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"We all have our funny little ways for different food prep.

I (her) love making salads, at the moment they consist of chopping tomatoes into chunks and covering with plenty of rock salt and ground black pepper then add some ruby romaine heart lettuce, slices of pepper, chunks of cucumber, chunks of radishes, purple spring onions, sweetcorn, beetroot and drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Occasionally I add gerkins or boiled eggs.

Yummy!

Her x

"

Ooo I forgot about eggs. They're great in a salad!

» Add a new message to this topic