FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dance mojo

Dance mojo

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seem to have lost it somewhere along the way..if you see it can you send it back to me...I think theres a new society of lost mojos accumulating out there somewhere..hiding from us.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I feel your pain. Been trying and failing to choreograph a couple of new routines. Not that I was ever any good at it in the first place!

"I feel your pain. Been trying and failing to choreograph a couple of new routines. Not that I was ever any good at it in the first place! "

What style? I was contemporary, jive and blues..all set to be a solo contemp in a big public project this year and to return to competition, i used to dance in the house all the time..but haven t for a good month..unusual for me.

"I feel your pain. Been trying and failing to choreograph a couple of new routines. Not that I was ever any good at it in the first place!

What style? I was contemporary, jive and blues..all set to be a solo contemp in a big public project this year and to return to competition, i used to dance in the house all the time..but haven t for a good month..unusual for me. "

Burlesque. I'm not feeling at all sexy and goddess like at the moment!

"I feel your pain. Been trying and failing to choreograph a couple of new routines. Not that I was ever any good at it in the first place!

What style? I was contemporary, jive and blues..all set to be a solo contemp in a big public project this year and to return to competition, i used to dance in the house all the time..but haven t for a good month..unusual for me.

Burlesque. I'm not feeling at all sexy and goddess like at the moment! "

Oh wow..nice..but as you say that relies on feeling sexy, its not enough that you are sexy and a goddess..you have to feel it..same with my contemporary...need feeling, emotion but they re numbed down

Burlesque. I'm not feeling at all sexy and goddess like at the moment!

Oh wow..nice..but as you say that relies on feeling sexy, its not enough that you are sexy and a goddess..you have to feel it..same with my contemporary...need feeling, emotion but they re numbed down "

Yes it makes it hard.

Hope you find your mojo again soon. X

And you...dance is a release, a magic..something we should hold onto til the very last.

By *edHeadedFunWoman  over a year ago

Didsbury

"I feel your pain. Been trying and failing to choreograph a couple of new routines. Not that I was ever any good at it in the first place! "

I've just started choreographing my new act got as far as first 16 bars but it's not easy not being to get to the studio and just freestyling to see what works and what doesn't

"And you...dance is a release, a magic..something we should hold onto til the very last."

My online classes with the girls have kept me sane during lockdown. I couldn't be without that release now

I've just started choreographing my new act got as far as first 16 bars but it's not easy not being to get to the studio and just freestyling to see what works and what doesn't "

Sometimes it's about feeling the music but when I do that I end up doing all the same things!

What kind of routine are you doing? X

By *abonWoman  over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

Have you ever done any 5rhythms? Might help you get some movement/emotion mojo back again..?

Solo has been doing lots of dad dancing with our little ballet dancer and i never stop moving

Pop on some Footloose and a few other classics and spend the next hour shaking your ass like no one is watching, you'll soon get your dance mojo back

"Have you ever done any 5rhythms? Might help you get some movement/emotion mojo back again..?"

No as my dance is a natural part of me as are my emotions..I ve never really had to think unless Im wishing to depict a birds flight or something. Then I ll watch birds to see how they drop,soar etc and work out a routine to show this. But tell me more or should I just google...lolol

Didsbury

I've just started choreographing my new act got as far as first 16 bars but it's not easy not being to get to the studio and just freestyling to see what works and what doesn't

Sometimes it's about feeling the music but when I do that I end up doing all the same things!

What kind of routine are you doing? X"

I usually video myself over and over, stop look at it use what works and start again.

New one is a comedic Queen of Heart theme to Heads Will Roll set at Mad Hatters Tea Party. Will have some chair acrobatics in there but no floor work unless the pins in my knees/shins are taken out. X

Hmmm think because I was missing it so much my brain has set up a block to stop me missing it...bugger

I usually video myself over and over, stop look at it use what works and start again.

New one is a comedic Queen of Heart theme to Heads Will Roll set at Mad Hatters Tea Party. Will have some chair acrobatics in there but no floor work unless the pins in my knees/shins are taken out. X"

Sounds amazing!

I hate filming myself. Always think I look terrible even when I felt I didnt at the time!

"Have you ever done any 5rhythms? Might help you get some movement/emotion mojo back again..?"
will have to Google this and report back x

"Solo has been doing lots of dad dancing with our little ballet dancer and i never stop moving "
Aww this is lovely.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I’ve been enjoying the old kitchen two step while frying my eggs this morning.

New one is a comedic Queen of Heart theme to Heads Will Roll set at Mad Hatters Tea Party. Will have some chair acrobatics in there but no floor work unless the pins in my knees/shins are taken out. X

Sounds amazing!

I hate filming myself. Always think I look terrible even when I felt I didnt at the time! "

I ve done this..others have watched stunned because they never saw or knew I had it in me..I sit there and watch and go..nope toes not pointed, whys that arm looking lazy, should have flipped with locked legs and pointed toes etc etc..lol

"I’ve been enjoying the old kitchen two step while frying my eggs this morning. "

The kitchen is a great place to dance.

I dance with my worktops..

"Have you ever done any 5rhythms? Might help you get some movement/emotion mojo back again..?

No as my dance is a natural part of me as are my emotions..I ve never really had to think unless Im wishing to depict a birds flight or something. Then I ll watch birds to see how they drop,soar etc and work out a routine to show this. But tell me more or should I just google...lolol "

It’s exactly what you describe...dancing through 5 states (Flowing, Staccato, Chaos, Lyrical and Stillness) but the dance comes from inside you. No steps or expectations...unbelievably liberating! The DJs (more frequently women which adds another dimension for me) can talk during the tracks to help take you on a deeper journey, listening to how different body parts want to move. I’ve had some intense experiences...

The right place

"I’ve been enjoying the old kitchen two step while frying my eggs this morning.

I dance with my worktops.. "

It’s probably the place I dance most. The floor is good and there’s usually music on rather than just the noises in my head.

Didsbury

Sounds amazing!

I hate filming myself. Always think I look terrible even when I felt I didnt at the time! "

I'm the same I just keep telling myself it's only me who gets to see that video x

"Have you ever done any 5rhythms? Might help you get some movement/emotion mojo back again..?

No as my dance is a natural part of me as are my emotions..I ve never really had to think unless Im wishing to depict a birds flight or something. Then I ll watch birds to see how they drop,soar etc and work out a routine to show this. But tell me more or should I just google...lolol

It’s exactly what you describe...dancing through 5 states (Flowing, Staccato, Chaos, Lyrical and Stillness) but the dance comes from inside you. No steps or expectations...unbelievably liberating! The DJs (more frequently women which adds another dimension for me) can talk during the tracks to help take you on a deeper journey, listening to how different body parts want to move. I’ve had some intense experiences..."

Aha..thanks for this and yes I understand this form. My solo contemporary works around nature as she saved my ass, especially trees. So I break the dance down to start as a seed, the growth, the storms etc....I have danced as part of a group where the teacher has done soft gentle voice instructions..a seductive, but not necessarily in a sexy way, female voice....gorgeous.

It’s probably the place I dance most. The floor is good and there’s usually music on rather than just the noises in my head. "

I was dancing in kitchen and bathroom ALWAYS as the floors are solid and slidey...though not enough room lol

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"Have you ever done any 5rhythms? Might help you get some movement/emotion mojo back again..? will have to Google this and report back x"

Me too..I'm going for a look

The right place

It’s probably the place I dance most. The floor is good and there’s usually music on rather than just the noises in my head.

I was dancing in kitchen and bathroom ALWAYS as the floors are solid and slidey...though not enough room lol "

You must have some impressive moves my friend, or just a small kitchen

Didsbury

"

I hate filming myself. Always think I look terrible even when I felt I didnt at the time!

I ve done this..others have watched stunned because they never saw or knew I had it in me..I sit there and watch and go..nope toes not pointed, whys that arm looking lazy, should have flipped with locked legs and pointed toes etc etc..lol"

We are our own worst critics x

It’s exactly what you describe...dancing through 5 states (Flowing, Staccato, Chaos, Lyrical and Stillness) but the dance comes from inside you. No steps or expectations...unbelievably liberating! The DJs (more frequently women which adds another dimension for me) can talk during the tracks to help take you on a deeper journey, listening to how different body parts want to move. I’ve had some intense experiences...

Aha..thanks for this and yes I understand this form. My solo contemporary works around nature as she saved my ass, especially trees. So I break the dance down to start as a seed, the growth, the storms etc....I have danced as part of a group where the teacher has done soft gentle voice instructions..a seductive, but not necessarily in a sexy way, female voice....gorgeous."

Yes...exactly!! Lots of variations. I’m pretty new to it, tho it’s actually easier to do in lockdown as there’s a few groups doing zoom sessions if you trawl around online...I was always limited by childcare, but my crazy bouncy son joined in one session and loved it!

I was dancing in kitchen and bathroom ALWAYS as the floors are solid and slidey...though not enough room lol

You must have some impressive moves my friend, or just a small kitchen "

Hahaha...Im used to making use of a dancefloor and our kitchen ain t huge either

Aha..thanks for this and yes I understand this form. My solo contemporary works around nature as she saved my ass, especially trees. So I break the dance down to start as a seed, the growth, the storms etc....I have danced as part of a group where the teacher has done soft gentle voice instructions..a seductive, but not necessarily in a sexy way, female voice....gorgeous.

Yes...exactly!! Lots of variations. I’m pretty new to it, tho it’s actually easier to do in lockdown as there’s a few groups doing zoom sessions if you trawl around online...I was always limited by childcare, but my crazy bouncy son joined in one session and loved it! "

I love this!! My biggest regret is not taking to the dancefloor from being able to balance on my legs...my ancestry is dance but alas other stuff went down...but I love that your toddler joined in...

"

I ve done this..others have watched stunned because they never saw or knew I had it in me..I sit there and watch and go..nope toes not pointed, whys that arm looking lazy, should have flipped with locked legs and pointed toes etc etc..lol

We are our own worst critics x

"

Arent we just lol. X

Yes...exactly!! Lots of variations. I’m pretty new to it, tho it’s actually easier to do in lockdown as there’s a few groups doing zoom sessions if you trawl around online...I was always limited by childcare, but my crazy bouncy son joined in one session and loved it!

I love this!! My biggest regret is not taking to the dancefloor from being able to balance on my legs...my ancestry is dance but alas other stuff went down...but I love that your toddler joined in..."

He’s nearly 12 His quote of the night was ‘even tho my head is bored, I never want this to end’ lol! Isn’t that what it’s about!!!

I love this!! My biggest regret is not taking to the dancefloor from being able to balance on my legs...my ancestry is dance but alas other stuff went down...but I love that your toddler joined in...

He’s nearly 12 His quote of the night was ‘even tho my head is bored, I never want this to end’ lol! Isn’t that what it’s about!!!"

That is so beautiful...I love that..its probably one of the best quotes I ve heard for dance..big smile on my face

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Oh no I feel your pain, lost mine too. Have two dance modes the conscious and un conscious (damn not allowed that word on here) one. And I've mislaid both.

Think I need to work on being somewhere peaceful where I feel most me to retrieve the un conscious dancer in me and I'm sure the other will follow.

"Oh no I feel your pain, lost mine too. Have two dance modes the conscious and un conscious (damn not allowed that word on here) one. And I've mislaid both.

Think I need to work on being somewhere peaceful where I feel most me to retrieve the un conscious dancer in me and I'm sure the other will follow.

"

I get that exactly..I used to trance dance, as in zone out of my location and those around me..did it at a live clapton, santana gig a few years ago at Hyde Park..when I eventually opened my eyes I had what felt like the eyes and cameras of a thousand people on me lol...

La la land

"Oh no I feel your pain, lost mine too. Have two dance modes the conscious and un conscious (damn not allowed that word on here) one. And I've mislaid both.

I get that exactly..I used to trance dance, as in zone out of my location and those around me..did it at a live clapton, santana gig a few years ago at Hyde Park..when I eventually opened my eyes I had what felt like the eyes and cameras of a thousand people on me lol..."

It's exactly that, the one where you loose yourself completely and are totally at one with yourself. And you have the best stories fair play

"

Hope you find it soon...its one thing they cant actually take from us unless we let them..so its down to us...I ll find it and hope you all do..lets stand up for dance..its magic is so strong.

I get that exactly..I used to trance dance, as in zone out of my location and those around me..did it at a live clapton, santana gig a few years ago at Hyde Park..when I eventually opened my eyes I had what felt like the eyes and cameras of a thousand people on me lol...

It's exactly that, the one where you loose yourself completely and are totally at one with yourself. And you have the best stories fair play"

Isn t it a beautiful feeling..to be alone whilst in a crowd..to be wrapped in a dance ignorant of everything passing outside of you...and to just let goooooo xx

La la land

Hope you find it soon...its one thing they cant actually take from us unless we let them..so its down to us...I ll find it and hope you all do..lets stand up for dance..its magic is so strong. "

Oh my gosh you're so right, as a teenager it was ballet that kept me going through the worst of times. And yes it has a magical property if it's own

Hope you find it soon...its one thing they cant actually take from us unless we let them..so its down to us...I ll find it and hope you all do..lets stand up for dance..its magic is so strong.

Oh my gosh you're so right, as a teenager it was ballet that kept me going through the worst of times. And yes it has a magical property if it's own "

Oh great...love ballet..lot of my contemporary is ballet based..I miss going to the ballet..

La la land

Oh my gosh you're so right, as a teenager it was ballet that kept me going through the worst of times. And yes it has a magical property if it's own

Oh great...love ballet..lot of my contemporary is ballet based..I miss going to the ballet.."

I love it too, barre work is my mindfulness meditation. That's where I probably need to start actually

Used to do a lot of barre work...often loved and not so loved it at same time lol...all them long extended pointed toed legs and splits type moves...love the way a human body can move and flow..it just makes me melt to watch a body in beautiful motion. When you watch the balletrina pull off the turns in swan lake..what is it 36...thats amazing.

Oh great...love ballet..lot of my contemporary is ballet based..I miss going to the ballet..

I love it too, barre work is my mindfulness meditation. That's where I probably need to start actually "

Well theres todays task...use a window ledge or worktop, stick on some sounds and dance...I ll do same

La la land

I love it too, barre work is my mindfulness meditation. That's where I probably need to start actually

Well theres todays task...use a window ledge or worktop, stick on some sounds and dance...I ll do same "

Deal

Well theres todays task...use a window ledge or worktop, stick on some sounds and dance...I ll do same

Deal "

Well I got some smooth guitar blues on now...slowwww....plus gfs kids coming over who are dancers and normally make me do some barre work with them..so you re on

» Add a new message to this topic