FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Spare change ?

Spare change ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rHotNotts OP   Man  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

As we become more and more cashless spare change in decreasing in this house.

If you were to hunt around your whole house right now, pockets, jars, ashtrays - how much spare change do you think you would find ? I have just 22p plus a couple of Dirams and centimes.

Also when hoovering what’s the biggest value coin you would hoover up - mines 20p

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I save all my 50p, £1 and £2 in a jar,

I'm upto £227 so far

I just found 42p, a paper clip and a random cheerio down the back of the sofa, that I’d be willing to donate to someone penny jar?

By *awk90Man  over a year ago

Amsterdam

I always keep a 20 in my backpack, and I have some dollars I should really get rid of...

But yeah, other than that, not much!

Less than a few quid.

I use contactless for everything, Apple pay has no limit.

I literally have contains full of coins. At least £100 worth. Probably gonna be artifacts in the next 5 years lol

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Centimes have not been legal tender since 2005. Why do you keep them ?

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

I'm very much a pay by my card person not very often I have cash on me unless I'm going somewere that requires it

By *rivateparts!Man  over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

Spare change, never!

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I save £2 coins for my daughter to buy Xmas presents with so I probably have a fair bit.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Mine would either be in the bottom of handbags or under the seats of the car.

Im pretty good at hoarding winning scratchcards, save them up till I hit a couple of hundred quid, stops you looking like a skint twat when you cash in 5s or 10s or whatever.

I like cash and im not a huge fan of banks, so I have a couple of bags of sand in my house.

I also dont like spending any coins, again it just makes you like a skint twat, so i throw all of the change i get in jars (separate jars for each coin) christ knows how much I have in them

By *rHotNotts OP   Man  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Centimes have not been legal tender since 2005. Why do you keep them ?"

I think they are from cote d’ivore the currency is still Francs pegged to the Euro

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Just had issues trying to find a pound coin for the tooth fairy tonight. Had to raid the kids money box and exchange for a five pound note

"Just had issues trying to find a pound coin for the tooth fairy tonight. Had to raid the kids money box and exchange for a five pound note "

Tooth fairy only takes paper money in our house now.... ....soon she'll be contactless.....

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

Foreign coins & notes all in different boxes ( I love boxes) in the hope I return to those countries one day

English coins usually to be found at the bottom of my work bag - although there is nothing at work to spend it on

My ploy is never to usually have money - I let him do that & save his change in the tin for our next holiday - currently just over £120 -

I cannot remember the last time I used cash. However I have all kind of coins from different countries in a jar. Maybe one day they become antique and I can sell them for millions!

"Im pretty good at hoarding winning scratchcards, save them up till I hit a couple of hundred quid, stops you looking like a skint twat when you cash in 5s or 10s or whatever.

I like cash and im not a huge fan of banks, so I have a couple of bags of sand in my house.

I also dont like spending any coins, again it just makes you like a skint twat, so i throw all of the change i get in jars (separate jars for each coin) christ knows how much I have in them "

I used to work in retail and I never once thought someone was skint because they were using coins. I think you are looking too much into it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've probably got 2 or 3 pounds, if I put my mind to finding it. I'm looking forward to staying with cash and not going cashless in my lifetime

» Add a new message to this topic