FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Great North Run 2020

Great North Run 2020

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is anyone here set to do the GNR this year and does anyone think it will actually go ahead ?

I have a place but the organisers are leaving it until the bitter end to make a decision. I'm lucky because I live 30 mins away from the venue so don't have to book accommodation etc etc but as people are coming from all parts of the country, and indeed the world, they need to make arrangements well in advance, so I think that the organisers need to let people know that it's off, which lets face it, is the only option. well in excess of 50,000 people all in one place, huffing and puffing simply is not going to work as social distancing will be impossible.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd think it would be difficult to run a marathon with social distancing.

Cardiff half has been cancelled as are a lot of triathlon events...sadly I'd say doubtful!

There is no way GNR will take place. And any event with large crowds will also not happen. There'll be some small events and trail events in particular will likely be happening but the likes of GNR, the rescheduled london and Brighton marathons not a chsnce

» Add a new message to this topic