FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > General interest

General interest

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do people like FAB site or would they prefer something a little more modern in an app, maybe with some more up to date features?? Is there a reason this hasnt been done??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Effort

The site works fine as it is.

Experts warn apps are along way off

"The site works fine as it is. "

Im not knocking the site, far from it, just questioning why maybe the owners having developed x

"Experts warn apps are along way off "

So its a technical thing?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You can put any suggestions for improvement in the site feedback section of the forum

"You can put any suggestions for improvement in the site feedback section of the forum "

Thank you, it was more a general enquiry thats all

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I've always taken an "if it ain't broke why fix it?" view of the site - yes it may be a little clunky in places, and uses tech that is outdated but it works perfectly well as it is and apart from minor tweaks I don't think there's anything major I'd change

"I've always taken an "if it ain't broke why fix it?" view of the site - yes it may be a little clunky in places, and uses tech that is outdated but it works perfectly well as it is and apart from minor tweaks I don't think there's anything major I'd change "

Thats what i kind of assumed, it was providing the function, i guess as time goes on, the younger kinks will want more!

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"I've always taken an "if it ain't broke why fix it?" view of the site - yes it may be a little clunky in places, and uses tech that is outdated but it works perfectly well as it is and apart from minor tweaks I don't think there's anything major I'd change

Thats what i kind of assumed, it was providing the function, i guess as time goes on, the younger kinks will want more! "

But what more would you add? All the functionality you can possibly need is already there.

To bring it up to date would need a completely new platform and a new design. I imagine the cost of doing that inhibits the owners for doing it.

With between 20-30k users online most of the time and a functioning site I can’t see there is much motivation to make that investment.

"I've always taken an "if it ain't broke why fix it?" view of the site - yes it may be a little clunky in places, and uses tech that is outdated but it works perfectly well as it is and apart from minor tweaks I don't think there's anything major I'd change

Thats what i kind of assumed, it was providing the function, i guess as time goes on, the younger kinks will want more!

But what more would you add? All the functionality you can possibly need is already there."

Im sure there is stuff out there that people want, otherwise there wouldnt be an improvements section.

I guess if people are happy then no need but things can always be improved

I am happy enough with things as they are

I love Fab as it is. Sure it's a little dated but it does everything you need it to do.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I think it's like one of those run down pubs that you always say is a shithole. Then it gets refurbed and then it just isn't as good anymore.

I think people would hate a redesign and really take time to get used to it. It's not broke, why fix it?!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The site works fine as it is.

Im not knocking the site, far from it, just questioning why maybe the owners having developed x"

The problem with apps is making it universally compatible. The developers would need to make an app for apple, an app for android, and one for windows mobile. They would still need to keep the website working too for people who access through their laptops, tablets and computers.

Once they have developed each app, it needs to be approved by the relevant "App Stores" to be listed... so it has to meet their rules and regulations.

Then, there is also the cost aspect. Each app will likely cost thousands of pounds to create and get to market, plus the on going service costs.

The existing site is based on an old but free "Bulletin Board" system which is easy to customize and can be maintained at very little cost.

Cal

Fab has made many changes/improvements over the 5yrs+ I been on here. They do implement what they can and if there is enough demand for it. I feel it works fine as it is for now, but future developments could be in the pipeline

Main thing is Fab is user friendly.

By *un KnightsCouple  over a year ago

South West

As with most we are happy as it works. It's when we try to use the desktop site on a computer that we give up and grab a phone. Normally the mobile version of a site is worse but not Fab for us.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

It is behind in features compared to other sites apps but it’s user base seems the most active and engaging. They’ll be worried about alienating users as well.

» Add a new message to this topic