FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > mail delivery

mail delivery

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orkiecpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

York

my mother posted something to me on Monday last week 1st class and it only arrived on Tuesday this week that's 8 days and a first class stamp is really expensive,anyone else had difficulty with the mail

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

At least you got it

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Our post man told us on the first day of lock down that mail would sometimes be delayed. We haven't found much difference but we're living in interesting times and we're happy to accept that some things might take longer.

STOKE ON TRENT

It does take a bit longer

By *eandHim2019Couple  over a year ago

preston

Packets getting there quicker than letters

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We posted two letters second class recently and they arrived the next day

preston

"We posted two letters second class recently and they arrived the next day"

It is hit and miss at moment

We have christmas time volumes with reduced staff due to leave and sickness

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Our postman told us recently that Royal Mail has had at least 25% of their total workforce either self isolating due to COVID19, or have been having to look after family or relatives.

Add in the vast increase in online orders being sent in the mail, it has placed severe strain on the postal systems.

Whereas our local sorting office has been on full staffing throughout, he knows of some sorting offices in Birmingham, and up North, where there are massive backlogs of mail & parcels, as they simply don't have enough personnel to cope with the volumes.

preston

"Our postman told us recently that Royal Mail has had at least 25% of their total workforce either self isolating due to COVID19, or have been having to look after family or relatives.

Add in the vast increase in online orders being sent in the mail, it has placed severe strain on the postal systems.

Whereas our local sorting office has been on full staffing throughout, he knows of some sorting offices in Birmingham, and up North, where there are massive backlogs of mail & parcels, as they simply don't have enough personnel to cope with the volumes.

"

By *ondonguy007Man  over a year ago

london

Im getting mine within a week

STOKE ON TRENT

"Im getting mine within a week "

Getting what

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've been waiting a month for some of my stuff

I had a letter 2 weeks ago that had taken a month to arrive.

Most of my post is taking 7 to 10 days.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Mine seems fairly typical of standard times, with a couple of things that have been almost a week

I’ve had a few letters that have taken 3 weeks to arrive

Speak to our really friendly post man at a distance of course. He said things are really tough at the moment postmen and sorting staff off sick and sheer volume of stuff is crazy. OP just need to be bit patient

A 1st class stamp isn't expensive

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

[Removed by poster at 03/06/20 07:36:57]

Chatham

We only get mail twice a week,this due to fact the posties cant share a van at the moment. So because of weight of bags,they can only half the walk each time.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I had many parcels delivered swiftly and letters arriving slower.

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

I've only ordered a couple of things during the pandemic. Small parcel and I guess a packet/large letter and in both cases ordered one day & delivered the next. Great service here. Delays will probably result depending on sickness levels etc at each delivery base.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

We have noticed Royal Mail Letters coming at different times of the day came at 9am this morning - normally comes after 11.30am. Yesterday it was 3.30pm. Royal Mail Parcels are ONLY being delivered Saturdays.

Amazon? Now they are a rule unto themselves lol.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

We're not getting post everyday

3 weeks for loads of small bits (children + eBay factor)

I've started checking for other couriers to deliver and not rm

UPS are a shambles. Had a parcel sat in the local office for 5 days "due to unforeseen circumstances".

Luckily it's arrived this morning!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"my mother posted something to me on Monday last week 1st class and it only arrived on Tuesday this week that's 8 days and a first class stamp is really expensive,anyone else had difficulty with the mail "

Are you serious?

Do you know what's been going on? EVERYTHING is taking longer. Things that were next day delivery are now 7-10 days. A pain, especially if it's a part needed for work, but I'm not surprised.

By *lgarsMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

One difficulty is that the posties are no longer allowed to be 2 in a van and some areas are not getting mail delivered every day in many cases every 2nd day. I was a postie for over 21 years and i see the difficulty that tne postal system is enduring. There is no letter deliveries on a Saturday just parcels.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Chatting to mu postman and he says staff shortages are the problem but he reckons most of his collegues are using the virus as an excuse not to work and he is angry with them.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

My final pay slip posted mid March, reached me Friday. Prior to this though 1st class never guaranteed next day, could take up to 5 days to reach its destination

Anything else has been direct deliveries from companies; they’ve been here when stated next day, 2 days or more but all fully trackable and good comms in the lead up/on the day, from various companies including Royal Mail.

It is what it is just got to live with it

I'm still waiting on a few things I ordered weeks ago but with COVID it's not really surprising!

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"We have noticed Royal Mail Letters coming at different times of the day came at 9am this morning - normally comes after 11.30am. Yesterday it was 3.30pm. Royal Mail Parcels are ONLY being delivered Saturdays.

Amazon? Now they are a rule unto themselves lol."

Normal Saturday letter delivery will resume after this weekend. Our union confirmed it had been agreed by RM in a letter to branches yesterday

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I’ve just had a parcel delivered from America and only took a week when they said 20 days

Been waiting 3 months on a parcel from China, stupid bugger, I shouldn’t have ordered it. It’s currently sitting at my towns post office and I’m not allowed to collect it as the office is tiny. Redelivery is a handy thing though

We are very busy,lots of people off,loads of agency staff in so the mossorts tend to be higher,that's the usual resean a parcel takes longer than expected

"We are very busy,lots of people off,loads of agency staff in so the mossorts tend to be higher,that's the usual resean a parcel takes longer than expected "

Missorts* reason*. Fat fingers

They are snowed under with Parcels! I got a card yesterday, for my birthday on the 25th that was posted 2nd class on the 20th!

"my mother posted something to me on Monday last week 1st class and it only arrived on Tuesday this week that's 8 days and a first class stamp is really expensive,anyone else had difficulty with the mail "

I'm a postman, and given the current situation a bit more common sense and understanding is needed don't you think?

We're busier than Christmas with parcels, massively under staffed and we're currently not delivering mail on Saturdays

And we're all out there putting ourselves at risk so you can shop from home and keep safe

Don't get people's method of thinking sometimes

They'll be snowed under.

I've been quite lucky. Ordered something a week before Good Friday, that arrived the day after bank holiday Monday. A parcel I ordered a few weeks ago arrived two days after I ordered, and the worse wait I've had with Amazon was two adult colouring books which took six days but they came over from Italy.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's been a bit slow, but we're in a global crisis.

Thank you, those helping with delivery.

Chatham

ive just had my post.The poor worn out girl sad she will around again on Friday.She still had 6 more bag of mail deliver,today. I know what its like I was a postie myself years ago. we didn't have vans in them days only bikes. Its no joke in this weather.

"my mother posted something to me on Monday last week 1st class and it only arrived on Tuesday this week that's 8 days and a first class stamp is really expensive,anyone else had difficulty with the mail

I'm a postman, and given the current situation a bit more common sense and understanding is needed don't you think?

We're busier than Christmas with parcels, massively under staffed and we're currently not delivering mail on Saturdays

And we're all out there putting ourselves at risk so you can shop from home and keep safe

Don't get people's method of thinking sometimes"

Here here

If you're complaining that your 1st class letter hasn't arrive yet then I suggest this:TAKE IT YOURSELF,it's not compulsory to use royal mail,take it yourself and see how far you get on 70p

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

I ordered some shoes from ebay to my London office which were sent recorded delivery two days after lockdown was announced. Royal mail had stopped delivering in the city area and all post was withheld. I was thinking that after two months it was probably lost in the system and filed a claim for a lost item. But my boss went into the office a week ago and told me a package had arrived for me. It took two months but I got it amazingly.

"I ordered some shoes from ebay to my London office which were sent recorded delivery two days after lockdown was announced. Royal mail had stopped delivering in the city area and all post was withheld. I was thinking that after two months it was probably lost in the system and filed a claim for a lost item. But my boss went into the office a week ago and told me a package had arrived for me. It took two months but I got it amazingly. "

It wouldn't have been held for 2 months?

By *ammy lynWoman  over a year ago

Stoke-on-trent

Letters from the local council have gone missing and the office is only a 15 minute walk away. Sent in April according to the council and still not arrived.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"my mother posted something to me on Monday last week 1st class and it only arrived on Tuesday this week that's 8 days and a first class stamp is really expensive,anyone else had difficulty with the mail

Don't get people's method of thinking sometimes"

Did you not see the CWU letter to branches issued yesterday? Saturday letter delivery resumes Earlier than RM originally planned, starts again after this weekend!

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

"I ordered some shoes from ebay to my London office which were sent recorded delivery two days after lockdown was announced. Royal mail had stopped delivering in the city area and all post was withheld. I was thinking that after two months it was probably lost in the system and filed a claim for a lost item. But my boss went into the office a week ago and told me a package had arrived for me. It took two months but I got it amazingly.

It wouldn't have been held for 2 months?"

Am surprised they managed to keep all that post for so long, but the posties stopped doing the rounds in central London once lockdown was announced. Another office in our building remained open throughout but stated that no post had been attempted at all whether it was regular, tracked or recorded. We contacted royal mail in April and asked them to resume post saying that we would be collecting post intermittently and suddenly everything arrived.

» Add a new message to this topic