FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ghosting...

Ghosting...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What's it all about..?

Is there a reason why people do it..?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *amesoflondonMan  over a year ago

London

"What's it all about..?

"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Easier to ghost someone than to tell them you think they're weird or ugly.

I doubt one answer fits all.

Too many lies told it's easier to disappear? Cant communicate emotions? Low self esteem? Etc etc

Two sides to every ghosting. One woman's ghosting is another man's stalker, innit....

"Easier to ghost someone than to tell them you think they're weird or ugly."

But politer to say thanks but bo thanks...

"Two sides to every ghosting. One woman's ghosting is another man's stalker, innit.... "

Never thought of it that way...

Because they got what they want from you and are no longer interested.

Because they didnt get what they want from you and found someone else who would give it to them.

"Easier to ghost someone than to tell them you think they're weird or ugly.

But politer to say thanks but bo thanks..."

And potentially receive abuse?

By *zoreanMan  over a year ago

Witney

I normally say that only cowards ghost someone...I've been a victim of this in the past, but hey, living and learning, at least the skin becomes thicker.

Been ghosted myself, it's not nice.

But I believe these people are gutless and a coward.

"Easier to ghost someone than to tell them you think they're weird or ugly.

But politer to say thanks but bo thanks...

And potentially receive abuse?"

This

I'd prefer that but i get on with people who dont fanny around and chat shit.

I imagine a lot of guys start being abusive though. So just ignore them. Ive got a few who turned crazy on WhatsApp. I just slowly start ignoring them though cos I have a bit of a conscience.

Do you mean just stop messaging? Sometimes the conversation just dries up or ends and there’s nothing left to say. Sometimes real life gets in the way. Sometimes you just realise you miss that person when you see them post on the fora again and just pick up where you left off. . Ghosting is multifaceted

"Do you mean just stop messaging? Sometimes the conversation just dries up or ends and there’s nothing left to say. Sometimes real life gets in the way. Sometimes you just realise you miss that person when you see them post on the fora again and just pick up where you left off. . Ghosting is multifaceted "

I think that's the best description I have heard so far. That is what I have experienced, chat gets picked up a couple weeks later after you have deleted the thread and forgotten every4that went on before

I think it's because they are too much of a coward to say, 'Sorry, I've lost interest'.

I have to say though, that I don't consider it ghosting if there's only been a few messages exchanged. It's just the nature of online, people get bored, lie, get a better offer, get distracted by real life, whatever. I have actually had someone disappear on me completely after several meetings and developing what I thought was a friendship. That hurt and was completely unnecessary.

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"I think it's because they are too much of a coward to say, 'Sorry, I've lost interest'.

I have to say though, that I don't consider it ghosting if there's only been a few messages exchanged. It's just the nature of online, people get bored, lie, get a better offer, get distracted by real life, whatever. I have actually had someone disappear on me completely after several meetings and developing what I thought was a friendship. That hurt and was completely unnecessary. "

I've had that and it does hurt and completely unnecessary but they probably do it to all they meet

By *llez WorldWoman  over a year ago

SE London

"I'd prefer that but i get on with people who dont fanny around and chat shit.

I imagine a lot of guys start being abusive though. So just ignore them. Ive got a few who turned crazy on WhatsApp. I just slowly start ignoring them though cos I have a bit of a conscience."

This is exactly what I do, makes me think of Peter in Family Guy backing into the bush Responding less when they turn out to be a bit off key shall we say... Being ghosted sucks but I never question it, sometimes it's just not meant to be?

I imagine a lot of guys start being abusive though. So just ignore them. Ive got a few who turned crazy on WhatsApp. I just slowly start ignoring them though cos I have a bit of a conscience.

This is exactly what I do, makes me think of Peter in Family Guy backing into the bush Responding less when they turn out to be a bit off key shall we say... Being ghosted sucks but I never question it, sometimes it's just not meant to be? "

I don't question it when it happens and thankfully it has only happened a couple of times, I just posed the question because so many people seem to be offended by it

But imagine bumping into them in town. Would be awkward as fuck. People don't know how to take me online but it you tell me im an ugly cunt or im chatting shit then id probably have a laugh about it. Some of us aren't arsed. But i get it, i get bare shit off women on other apps for nothing. Being ignored is kinda nice

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Cowards

I simply accept I'm not the only man they are chatting with, and clearly not high on the list....

Because if you change your mind, you get abuse and accused of being a prick tease! Although, all you were doing was trying to talk to them.. Most think if you reply, that's it.. game on

SE London

This is exactly what I do, makes me think of Peter in Family Guy backing into the bush Responding less when they turn out to be a bit off key shall we say... Being ghosted sucks but I never question it, sometimes it's just not meant to be?

I don't question it when it happens and thankfully it has only happened a couple of times, I just posed the question because so many people seem to be offended by it "

I hear you, same for me it's happend a few times to me and equally I guess I've done it to others but I've only ever done it when they haven't gotten the message and I don't want to get into a back and forth, I'm not a coward about it but some people can't take no for an answer.

People do get offended by it but I'd rather you just ghosted me than listed the reasons why you're off... Imagine, yeah actually I didn't live your overuse of full stops! I'd be raging

SE London

"But imagine bumping into them in town. Would be awkward as fuck. People don't know how to take me online but it you tell me im an ugly cunt or im chatting shit then id probably have a laugh about it. Some of us aren't arsed. But i get it, i get bare shit off women on other apps for nothing. Being ignored is kinda nice"

Ha, yes this is my kinda attitude about it. Just be gone, I'm joking 99% of the time and sometimes people don't get that. I'm not easily offended at all so either way it's fine by me...

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"What's it all about..?

"

No idea why.

It’s most upsetting when one has made a connection with someone including meeting them and they ghost you! I would rather them be honest and say why! Some people are just so rude!

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

"What's it all about..?

"

It’s easy. It means not having to bother explaining yourself, or seeing the upset you cause, things that if you’re not invested in the person you would have no interest in dealing with. It’s easy.

I’m not advocating it though.

"Two sides to every ghosting. One woman's ghosting is another man's stalker, innit.... "

This dude nailed it.....

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

It’s most upsetting when one has made a connection with someone including meeting them and they ghost you! I would rather them be honest and say why! Some people are just so rude! "

This.

Has happened to me very recently.

I don’t get it. Just be honest.

I hate the rudeness and ignorance.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Happens to us all.

I've been a member on here on and off. Life can get in the way. Ended up in hospital a few times forcing me away or I just have other stuff going on. That have made me leave, but I guess that would be ghosting to anyone I was chatting to on here.

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

It’s most upsetting when one has made a connection with someone including meeting them and they ghost you! I would rather them be honest and say why! Some people are just so rude!

This.

I hate the rudeness and ignorance. "

You're right it is quite rude and ignorant... That is my opinion too, there is nothing wrong with a polite thanks but no thanks...

Nottinghamshire

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

You're right it is quite rude and ignorant... That is my opinion too, there is nothing wrong with a polite thanks but no thanks..."

it's very rude especially if you had fun with them then they ghost u manners cost nothing

"Because they got what they want from you and are no longer interested.

Because they didnt get what they want from you and found someone else who would give it to them."

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I rarely do it. I only do it to horrible men if i know they going to stalk me so i just block them and disappear.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I don't do it with people i went on dates with. I just send a text saying not for me

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

Is ghosting still a thing?

It has all the maturity of blocking of someone because you don't like what they say.

The digital equivalent to sticking your fingers in your ears and say la la la I'm not listening

These are actions of people who think talking online/virtually doesn't require the basic civility as speaking to someone face to face.

Leeds

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

You're right it is quite rude and ignorant... That is my opinion too, there is nothing wrong with a polite thanks but no thanks..."

I think it’s to do with because we are on Fab! People think it’s ok to be impolite because of where they ‘met’ us! This is the wrong attitude! I would not ghost someone, I would be blunt and say it’s not what I want and wish them well. This place is so full of ignorant arrogant less than average rude people!

By *edHeadedFunWoman  over a year ago

Didsbury

I have done it on occasions

1. Purely unintentional, read the message was busy thought I would reply later but forgot until days later and by then it can be awkward if you don't know them.

2. You were rude or pushy or abusive and that doesn't warrant a reply.

3. Sometimes even if you say no thank you they don't take it and keep messaging.

4. If they have my personal number and abuse it.

There are many reasons why people do it and to them that action is what they need to do.

By *obbychickWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

You're right it is quite rude and ignorant... That is my opinion too, there is nothing wrong with a polite thanks but no thanks...

I think it’s to do with because we are on Fab! People think it’s ok to be impolite because of where they ‘met’ us! This is the wrong attitude! I would not ghost someone, I would be blunt and say it’s not what I want and wish them well. This place is so full of ignorant arrogant less than average rude people! "

Ive has this happen to me and it hurt a lot especially since we had built a good bond.

You’d think that after spending time together that they’d respect you enough to just be honest.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I have done it on occasions

1. Purely unintentional, read the message was busy thought I would reply later but forgot until days later and by then it can be awkward if you don't know them.

2. You were rude or pushy or abusive and that doesn't warrant a reply.

3. Sometimes even if you say no thank you they don't take it and keep messaging.

4. If they have my personal number and abuse it.

There are many reasons why people do it and to them that action is what they need to do."

I stopped saying no thanks... Doesn't do me any favours. Just block now

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

I think it’s to do with because we are on Fab! People think it’s ok to be impolite because of where they ‘met’ us! This is the wrong attitude! I would not ghost someone, I would be blunt and say it’s not what I want and wish them well. This place is so full of ignorant arrogant less than average rude people!

Ive has this happen to me and it hurt a lot especially since we had built a good bond.

You’d think that after spending time together that they’d respect you enough to just be honest. "

That's the ghosting i really hate

Essex

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

You’d think that after spending time together that they’d respect you enough to just be honest.

That's the ghosting i really hate "

These are the type of people who only care about themselves

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"What's it all about..?

"

Because they can

Leeds

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

That's the ghosting i really hate

These are the type of people who only care about themselves "

Yes selfish twats.....

Nottinghamshire

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

You’d think that after spending time together that they’d respect you enough to just be honest. "

it happened to me to,seams it happens alot never understand why tho maybe they do it to all there fab meets etc totally unnecessary x

Essex

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

You’d think that after spending time together that they’d respect you enough to just be honest. it happened to me to,seams it happens alot never understand why tho maybe they do it to all there fab meets etc totally unnecessary x"

You think you know someone better right :/

I hope it isn’t something that a lot think it’s ok to do on here.

It would definitely make me lose trust on here.

Leeds

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

You’d think that after spending time together that they’d respect you enough to just be honest. it happened to me to,seams it happens alot never understand why tho maybe they do it to all there fab meets etc totally unnecessary x"

It’s not just ‘Fab meets’! It’s when a rapport has been established, a few meets, WhatsApp etc then they ghost! They are selfish time wasters and there is nothing one can do about it! I hope same thing happens to them one day!

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"What's it all about..?

"

Because it's easier than explaining

It's also accepted as normal now

Nottinghamshire

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

You’d think that after spending time together that they’d respect you enough to just be honest. it happened to me to,seams it happens alot never understand why tho maybe they do it to all there fab meets etc totally unnecessary x

It would definitely make me lose trust on here. "

yes u do but when he did that I didnt no him at all lol in hindsight was a good thing really as he showed is true colours quite quick lol

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

You’d think that after spending time together that they’d respect you enough to just be honest. it happened to me to,seams it happens alot never understand why tho maybe they do it to all there fab meets etc totally unnecessary x

It’s not just ‘Fab meets’! It’s when a rapport has been established, a few meets, WhatsApp etc then they ghost! They are selfish time wasters and there is nothing one can do about it! I hope same thing happens to them one day! "

Maybe because they are starting to get emotionally involved and want to step back from it. Give it space to go away

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

I often wonder if what I inadvertently do is seen as ghosting.

I can be having chats with people with both of us wanting to meet up, no date set though as its nigh on impossible to predict when because of lockdown or maybe it could be weeks ahead yet.

Anyway, chat just does off for no reason at all yet in my mind still want to meet but it's not until that meet happens that things really take off so is this quiet period seen as ghosting or is it taken as just a quiet period until you get to meet.

For me from my side it's not an indication at all that I've gone off them or the wanting to meet, I just don't feel the need for constant contact until it happens.

Do people need that constant contact to keep things alive or can it be picked up when the time comes and you can meet?

Nottinghamshire

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

It’s not just ‘Fab meets’! It’s when a rapport has been established, a few meets, WhatsApp etc then they ghost! They are selfish time wasters and there is nothing one can do about it! I hope same thing happens to them one day!

Maybe because they are starting to get emotionally involved and want to step back from it. Give it space to go away "

then they could say ,,,,, rather than block on whatsapp and here cowards way really

Leeds

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

Maybe because they are starting to get emotionally involved and want to step back from it. Give it space to go away "

No they are just twats! Then say they need space! It only makes it hard in the long run for both!

Essex

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

It would definitely make me lose trust on here. yes u do but when he did that I didnt no him at all lol in hindsight was a good thing really as he showed is true colours quite quick lol "

So a lucky escape....some what

I’d rather a quick reveal of these selfish c**ts than a slow one.

You’re definitely better off without

Essex

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

Would it not be better to just say that they are and that they need space ?

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

Maybe because they are starting to get emotionally involved and want to step back from it. Give it space to go away then they could say ,,,,, rather than block on whatsapp and here cowards way really "

Maybe someone else has their attention and the don't want to tell you all the people they've still been connecting with through fab because they know it will hurt

Nottinghamshire

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

Maybe because they are starting to get emotionally involved and want to step back from it. Give it space to go away then they could say ,,,,, rather than block on whatsapp and here cowards way really

Maybe someone else has their attention and the don't want to tell you all the people they've still been connecting with through fab because they know it will hurt"

lol wasnt bothered about that

Leeds

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

Maybe because they are starting to get emotionally involved and want to step back from it. Give it space to go away

Would it not be better to just say that they are and that they need space ?"

Twats don’t know how to! It’s basic respect and they don’t know it, yet appear to have it at first! Twats! Lol as you can see it’s a sore point with me.

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

Would it not be better to just say that they are and that they need space ?"

I would always much rather be told outright too no matter how much it may hurt.

Nottinghamshire

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

I would always much rather be told outright too no matter how much it may hurt. "

exactly we can say maybe it because of this and maybe it's because of that it still boils down to the fact it's rather rude and unnecessary

By *nvisible_beardMan  over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

I ghost myself

Nottinghamshire

"I ghost myself "
how do u do that

Leeds

"What's it all about..?

No idea why.

This.

I would always much rather be told outright too no matter how much it may hurt. exactly we can say maybe it because of this and maybe it's because of that it still boils down to the fact it's rather rude and unnecessary "

Lots of rude unnecessary people on this site with agendas!

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

If they keep trying to get in touch after I told that I’m not interested, that’s my next step to stop them as I don’t like blocking people x

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I've been ghosted multiple times in life, and most significantly by "best friends".

Used to get me down quite bad, but now I don't care.

So even on fab, I don't get disappointed because I expect most people I chat to or meet will ghost me too .

C'est la vie

near newbridge, wales

"I ghost myself how do u do that "

Send myself a text and dont reply

Then phone myself and ignore it. I have caller id

Nottinghamshire

"I ghost myself how do u do that

Then phone myself and ignore it. I have caller id"

near newbridge, wales

"I ghost myself how do u do that

Then phone myself and ignore it. I have caller id "

Fucking neediness

"If they keep trying to get in touch after I told that I’m not interested, that’s my next step to stop them as I don’t like blocking people x "

near newbridge, wales

"If they keep trying to get in touch after I told that I’m not interested, that’s my next step to stop them as I don’t like blocking people x

"

Can I block myself?

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

It's happened to me...block, move on.

By *evil-AngelWoman  over a year ago

"I often wonder if what I inadvertently do is seen as ghosting.

I can be having chats with people with both of us wanting to meet up, no date set though as its nigh on impossible to predict when because of lockdown or maybe it could be weeks ahead yet.

Anyway, chat just does off for no reason at all yet in my mind still want to meet but it's not until that meet happens that things really take off so is this quiet period seen as ghosting or is it taken as just a quiet period until you get to meet.

For me from my side it's not an indication at all that I've gone off them or the wanting to meet, I just don't feel the need for constant contact until it happens.

Do people need that constant contact to keep things alive or can it be picked up when the time comes and you can meet? "

I don't think this is ghosting, I think it's the natural way some conversations go. In real life I don't chat to my friends all the time, there are often weeks in between conversations then we pick up where we left off.

» Add a new message to this topic