FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What do you like....

What do you like....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

....about ppl who are different to you?

What's sexiest? What can you learn? What accent turns you on? What traditions and beliefs make you question your own?

All my love and kisses with tongues

Nip x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Appreciate its not controversial or argumentative enough for some, but what about thinking a little deeper - what brings us together?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like to hear different points of view that can be substantiated by reasoning. I like to debate. I enjoy picking each other’s brains and I really love practical intelligence as I don’t have much of that

"I like to hear different points of view that can be substantiated by reasoning. I like to debate. I enjoy picking each other’s brains and I really love practical intelligence as I don’t have much of that "

Reasoning

You're dead smart you dummy! Xx

By *eardyBikerMan  over a year ago

nr stonehaven

How do you define practical intelligence , out of curiosity

"How do you define practical intelligence , out of curiosity "

I'm thinking DIY and woodworking and shiz, she's lazy innit...

Not much then by the looks of it? Unless you just like defending them and fighting their battles with ppl the same as you?

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Bloody hell you don't half ask a lot in an OP it's like doing your exams again!!

I love diversity in all shapes and forms. Even if I totally don't agree with you I can learn from you or that it clarifies my own thinking. My brother in law is totally opposite end of the spectrum politically to me, actually life in general. But we have the most amazing conversations that really deep and thought provoking.

What about Nip?

"Bloody hell you don't half ask a lot in an OP it's like doing your exams again!!

I love diversity in all shapes and forms. Even if I totally don't agree with you I can learn from you or that it clarifies my own thinking. My brother in law is totally opposite end of the spectrum politically to me, actually life in general. But we have the most amazing conversations that really deep and thought provoking.

What about Nip?

"

I love a chat on politics with someone on a subject where we have different views - it's how you grow your mind! If it's open and not too tribal, if we can chat about what we agree on as well as disagree and learn from each other and maybe see things from the other side.

I just like diversity, and different faces, traditions, backgrounds. Also ppl who've been through shit I couldn't imagine and can teach me something or maybe just tell me to shut up if/when I need it...

"Bloody hell you don't half ask a lot in an OP it's like doing your exams again!!

What about Nip?

"

And wrt the OP, what am I here for if not to challenge you and be challenged by you and stretch our brains....?

(Still waiting for the sexy times )

"How do you define practical intelligence , out of curiosity

I'm thinking DIY and woodworking and shiz, she's lazy innit... "

Rude. I’m not lazy. But DIY, engines, cars, roofing, building, reverse parking...

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

"I like to hear different points of view that can be substantiated by reasoning. I like to debate. I enjoy picking each other’s brains and I really love practical intelligence as I don’t have much of that "

That’s me knackered. You’ve got a great arse by the way.

I like arses and norks.

"How do you define practical intelligence , out of curiosity

I'm thinking DIY and woodworking and shiz, she's lazy innit...

Rude. I’m not lazy. But DIY, engines, cars, roofing, building, reverse parking... "

You can practice your reverse parking on me any day my lovely....

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

They are not me....

Makes them far more interesting

"They are not me....

Makes them far more interesting "

Don't be hard on yourself, but yes other ppl with different experiences and views can broaden your own can't they....

La la land

What about Nip?

I love a chat on politics with someone on a subject where we have different views - it's how you grow your mind! If it's open and not too tribal, if we can chat about what we agree on as well as disagree and learn from each other and maybe see things from the other side.

I just like diversity, and different faces, traditions, backgrounds. Also ppl who've been through shit I couldn't imagine and can teach me something or maybe just tell me to shut up if/when I need it... "

I find with debate it takes both sides to be able to talk without getting frustrated and taking offense. And totally agree with talking to people who've gone through things you can't imagine, weirdly they always have that ability to tell you shut up and you'll actually listen to them.

Do you think we're more open to debate now or less so in general?

"....about ppl who are different to you?

What's sexiest? What can you learn? What accent turns you on? What traditions and beliefs make you question your own?

Nip x"

I like finding out how different people think. I'm open to changing my mind about things and often have. And learning new things/ viewpoints.

I don't find differences sexy or unsexy.

Accents usually are more of a turn off than on.

Traditions and beliefs- anything and everything probably.

What about Nip?

I just like diversity, and different faces, traditions, backgrounds. Also ppl who've been through shit I couldn't imagine and can teach me something or maybe just tell me to shut up if/when I need it...

I find with debate it takes both sides to be able to talk without getting frustrated and taking offense. And totally agree with talking to people who've gone through things you can't imagine, weirdly they always have that ability to tell you shut up and you'll actually listen to them.

Do you think we're more open to debate now or less so in general? "

Don't ask me stuff like that...!

Umm, sadly I think ppl are pretty polarised and tribal these days. It frustrates me because I really like when I can talk with someone new and different and learn and appreciate them with mutual respect, even if we think each others ideas are crazy....

I like ppl who are red on done issues and blue in others and green on others and flexible and adaptable in mind....

"....about ppl who are different to you?

Nip x

I like finding out how different people think. I'm open to changing my mind about things and often have. And learning new things/ viewpoints.

I don't find differences sexy or unsexy.

Accents usually are more of a turn off than on.

Traditions and beliefs- anything and everything probably.

"

Good, stay open!

What about Nip?

Umm, sadly I think ppl are pretty polarised and tribal these days. It frustrates me because I really like when I can talk with someone new and different and learn and appreciate them with mutual respect, even if we think each others ideas are crazy....

I like ppl who are red on done issues and blue in others and green on others and flexible and adaptable in mind.... "

Some* not done....

Phone is killing me today...

La la land

What about Nip?

I like ppl who are red on done issues and blue in others and green on others and flexible and adaptable in mind....

Some* not done....

Phone is killing me today... "

Why do you think people are more polarised these days, even though we have access to more information and people than ever before?

I think some of the problem lies with social media. I'll use my father as an example he'll post something from 2015 as it suits his agenda, he rarely fact checks. But you can see the rage it induces in his friends, it's like a dominoes effect.

What about Nip?

Some* not done....

Why do you think people are more polarised these days, even though we have access to more information and people than ever before?

I think some of the problem lies with social media. I'll use my father as an example he'll post something from 2015 as it suits his agenda, he rarely fact checks. But you can see the rage it induces in his friends, it's like a dominoes effect. "

Absolutely SM and shit news from online "experts". I work in chemicals and cosmetics, so I see this daily. Ppl are looking for identity and validation, innit....

Rainbow means fancy a bum btw when I send it....

I enjoy a range of chats with different folk.I would rather talk to someone who defended their opinions and beliefs enthusiastically, rather than someone who would agree with me to save hassle.Being your own unique person is better than being one of the masses.For the most part I understand that I can't be right all the time so would prefer to be told and shown where I could potentially be going wrong with something.A healthy debate can broaden the mind aslong as people don't become cocks and try undermine someone elses views.As for accents,I don't care what people sound like

"I enjoy a range of chats with different folk.I would rather talk to someone who defended their opinions and beliefs enthusiastically, rather than someone who would agree with me to save hassle.Being your own unique person is better than being one of the masses.For the most part I understand that I can't be right all the time so would prefer to be told and shown where I could potentially be going wrong with something.A healthy debate can broaden the mind aslong as people don't become cocks and try undermine someone elses views.As for accents,I don't care what people sound like "

I love your accent Skippy

La la land

What about Nip?

Some* not done....

I think some of the problem lies with social media. I'll use my father as an example he'll post something from 2015 as it suits his agenda, he rarely fact checks. But you can see the rage it induces in his friends, it's like a dominoes effect.

Absolutely SM and shit news from online "experts". I work in chemicals and cosmetics, so I see this daily. Ppl are looking for identity and validation, innit....

Rainbow means fancy a bum btw when I send it.... "

People always want to feel like they belong. But some of my mates are so completely different to me it's surprising. But I love our lively debates. And yes "fake news" has a lot to answer for grr

What about Nip?

Some* not done....

People always want to feel like they belong. But some of my mates are so completely different to me it's surprising. But I love our lively debates. And yes "fake news" has a lot to answer for grr "

I don't know anyone like me and I like it that you way!

It's the people you surround yourself with and peer groups who help you fulfil your true potential. If you hang out with morons who just tell you you're pretty in return for likes then you're gonna end up just thinking you're pretty and not much else and placing too much value on that and when someone says you're not then you fall to pieces....

What about Nip?

Some* not done....

People always want to feel like they belong. But some of my mates are so completely different to me it's surprising. But I love our lively debates. And yes "fake news" has a lot to answer for grr

It's the people you surround yourself with and peer groups who help you fulfil your true potential. If you hang out with morons who just tell you you're pretty in return for likes then you're gonna end up just thinking you're pretty and not much else and placing too much value on that and when someone says you're not then you fall to pieces.... "

-you

Grrrrr this phone! I don't like this phone lol.

La la land

What about Nip?

Some* not done....

It's the people you surround yourself with and peer groups who help you fulfil your true potential. If you hang out with morons who just tell you you're pretty in return for likes then you're gonna end up just thinking you're pretty and not much else and placing too much value on that and when someone says you're not then you fall to pieces.... "

Thank goodness there is only one of you, and I'm sure the world can only handle one of me lol.

If you're that narrow minded to surround yourself with self then you will have a boring life. Life is about constant learning and discovery. Why limit yourself? Makes no sense to me.

What about Nip?

Some* not done....

It's the people you surround yourself with and peer groups who help you fulfil your true potential. If you hang out with morons who just tell you you're pretty in return for likes then you're gonna end up just thinking you're pretty and not much else and placing too much value on that and when someone says you're not then you fall to pieces....

Thank goodness there is only one of you, and I'm sure the world can only handle one of me lol.

If you're that narrow minded to surround yourself with self then you will have a boring life. Life is about constant learning and discovery. Why limit yourself? Makes no sense to me. "

This is like one of our private chats lolol

» Add a new message to this topic