FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wordy-words

Wordy-words

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *affeine Dusk OP   Man  over a year ago

Caerphilly

We live in a strange world, eh?

This is kinda following from a conversation with a dear friend, something I wanted more opinions on if you'd care to indulge me.

Writers what write:

Are you writing more, less or differently during this time?

Writers what started doing writes recently:

Did you start as catharsis or creation in this time? Are you enjoying it?

Writers what don't do writing:

Would you consider it as a hobby during this time? Even if it was just for yourself?

P.s.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have this lovely notebook waiting.. dust collecting...I suppose I am more focused on my body at the moment than mind.. and other pressing issues..however both body and mind.. they should be complimenting each other.

I wouldnt call myself a writer though. But I used to love it. Had diary for years. It's hard to get into 'renewing' habit after a considerably long break.

I sometimes wish I could publish my WhatsApp history. It's better than anything I've ever read....

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

"We live in a strange world, eh?

This is kinda following from a conversation with a dear friend, something I wanted more opinions on if you'd care to indulge me.

Writers what write:

Would you consider it as a hobby during this time? Even if it was just for yourself?

P.s. "

I write for a living, and I’ve been more productive during lockdown than I have been in a while. But is that because of lockdown, or because I am finally moving beyond a traumatic period in my life and getting myself back to normal? I don’t know. It could be one or the other, or a combination of both. But no matter how many words I write each day, there is still never enough time for all the ideas in my head. For every one that finds its way out into the world, half a dozen are lost in dark. So writing for me is both an act of creation and destruction

I’ve found that the words come to me more easily than they did before. There’s not a jumbled web of ideas being diluted by the constant weaving in and out of each other.

There’s one clear voice with direction now.

It will be interesting to see the before, during and after products.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I'm writing less, because I've had less time.

What about you OP?

I'm definitely writing more, mostly because I got my first paid commission just as lockdown started. Tbh I don't think I'm writing enough considering how much time I have on my hands.

I've found it harder to motivate myself to sit down and write in these times than I did with a break-neck paced packed week...

Caerphilly

"I'm writing less, because I've had less time.

What about you OP?"

I'm the same as you. Lockdown made me busier.

Somehow.

How do I do these things?

Caerphilly

"I have this lovely notebook waiting.. dust collecting...I suppose I am more focused on my body at the moment than mind.. and other pressing issues..however both body and mind.. they should be complimenting each other.

I wouldnt call myself a writer though. But I used to love it. Had diary for years. It's hard to get into 'renewing' habit after a considerably long break. "

I wouldnt call myself a writer either, but I love it.

I could definitely see you writing great things

Caerphilly

"We live in a strange world, eh?

Writers what write:

P.s.

I write for a living, and I’ve been more productive during lockdown than I have been in a while. But is that because of lockdown, or because I am finally moving beyond a traumatic period in my life and getting myself back to normal? I don’t know. It could be one or the other, or a combination of both. But no matter how many words I write each day, there is still never enough time for all the ideas in my head. For every one that finds its way out into the world, half a dozen are lost in dark. So writing for me is both an act of creation and destruction "

I like that. The creation/destruction thing... that's interesting as a concept.

Also I don't know how you are even awake, let alone writing.

Caerphilly

"I’ve found that the words come to me more easily than they did before. There’s not a jumbled web of ideas being diluted by the constant weaving in and out of each other.

It will be interesting to see the before, during and after products. "

Has that clarity come during lockdown?

That is cool. Write me things?

Caerphilly

"I'm definitely writing more, mostly because I got my first paid commission just as lockdown started. Tbh I don't think I'm writing enough considering how much time I have on my hands.

I've found it harder to motivate myself to sit down and write in these times than I did with a break-neck paced packed week...

"

Dude! Big Grats on the commission!

I have days of trouble with any kind of motivation; can relate. That's part of what I was interested in, how this has affected the usual drive

Lockdown hasn t touched me really as I ve been manic at work but its that work thats set me to writing again as I m working in the woodland a lot..working around the deer and the owls etc and really understanding the way the wood works it eco system..and having spent so long recently reading of nordic gods..well its just rolling out from the pen.

Caerphilly

"I sometimes wish I could publish my WhatsApp history. It's better than anything I've ever read.... "

I'd buy that book.

Do it. Do it do it do it.

Caerphilly

"Lockdown hasn t touched me really as I ve been manic at work but its that work thats set me to writing again as I m working in the woodland a lot..working around the deer and the owls etc and really understanding the way the wood works it eco system..and having spent so long recently reading of nordic gods..well its just rolling out from the pen. "

I your writing space, man.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I written stories for the first time in my adult life since lockdown started. It's been a fantastic experience. Chatting to way more men than I usually do too

I write to communicate. I've found it easier to articulate fears and feelings in a letter than in a phone call or email.

I also think that documenting this period with handwritten letters will be of importance to our grandchildren.

"I’ve found that the words come to me more easily than they did before. There’s not a jumbled web of ideas being diluted by the constant weaving in and out of each other.

It will be interesting to see the before, during and after products.

Has that clarity come during lockdown?

That is cool. Write me things? "

I think the clarity has come from lockdown. It’s slowed everything down for me. So many things went wrong at once that it was too chaotic for me to make sense of it all and channel it into an art. I knew what I wanted to say but there were too many different voices trying to be heard it all became white noise.

Then, with lockdown, there was nothing to fuel those voices, all I could do was sit and listen that eventually it became one voice that I was able to use

"Lockdown hasn t touched me really as I ve been manic at work but its that work thats set me to writing again as I m working in the woodland a lot..working around the deer and the owls etc and really understanding the way the wood works it eco system..and having spent so long recently reading of nordic gods..well its just rolling out from the pen.

I your writing space, man. "

Its certainly very beautiful and different to most..its interesting in many ways as I am having to think like the wildlife that I hope to encourage, think about the conditions I require to go from a state of bog to one much drier bringing in the plants and fauna. I guess what Im trying to say is that my writings are very much from the aspect of the wood itself..the little details that I see that many never will..and interwoven are the dryads and the lady of the wood and mother nature herself. I think Im actually living 80 per cent of my life, if not more, as a creature of the woodlands as opposed to " being human".

"I write to communicate. I've found it easier to articulate fears and feelings in a letter than in a phone call or email.

I also think that documenting this period with handwritten letters will be of importance to our grandchildren. "

Love this

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I don't write really except for work. But I've taken to writing a diary lately for the first time since my teenage years. Finding it very cathartic

Caerphilly

"I written stories for the first time in my adult life since lockdown started. It's been a fantastic experience. Chatting to way more men than I usually do too "

That is awesome!

Are they stories just for you? Y'know what, doesn't matter: very cool that you picked it up

Caerphilly

"I write to communicate. I've found it easier to articulate fears and feelings in a letter than in a phone call or email.

I also think that documenting this period with handwritten letters will be of importance to our grandchildren.

Love this "

Seconded.

Hand-written letters have that historical source feel. Especially in this time.

Caerphilly

"I don't write really except for work. But I've taken to writing a diary lately for the first time since my teenage years. Finding it very cathartic "

Some friends are doing the same, it has helped them with loss and isolation.

I'm so glad you picked up a pen during this.

"I sometimes wish I could publish my WhatsApp history. It's better than anything I've ever read....

I'd buy that book.

Do it. Do it do it do it."

Thanks for the congrats OP I was made up. Pay is rubbish but it is an actual publisher.

Re the whatsapp history, my friend who is a publisher, who got me that gig, saves all my wordier text messages. She says we should all file away our musings for later browsing. Like an ideas folder. She said most successful writers do it...

» Add a new message to this topic