FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A child like..

A child like..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Today is International Children's Day... do you feel you kept your inner child somewhere inside you? What's your favourite childhood memory?

I love being silly with my children, making faces, breaking into song or dance together..so yes when they call me crazy, they know it's a compliment and we all laugh

As for childhood memory .. playing in nearby forrest and park and naming things like Anne of Green Gables did.. or licking spoons after my Grandmas baking efforts.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

My inner child is very much present - I'm forever being silly and giggling, and I still have a very childlike curiosity (I have to know how things work and I'm always asking questions).

As for memories, there are far too many to choose just one...but licking the cake mix from the spoon was always fun

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I never grew up and it's rather splendid

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

I read this and just remembered having a bath in the kitchen sink!

(Pretend I then went on to say some dickhead thing like "Wait that was last Thursday" or something, but I actually did remember that)

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Definitely have kept my childish side. Been running round the house wrestling the boys this afternoon (I now hurt a lot). And if I'm with my sister it's like we're teenagers again taking the piss out of each other.

One of my favourite memories is playing in hay field forts with my sister. Thought they were cool, been told as an adult it was a mini prison lol

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The way my grandfather's face would light up when I walked through his front door.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My child does exist within me..sometimes playful sometimes broken..alas there are no happy childhood memories and thats why I hold onto the child now in my 5th decade..the child never had a chance before...sorry to dampen the happy memories

"My inner child is very much present - I'm forever being silly and giggling, and I still have a very childlike curiosity (I have to know how things work and I'm always asking questions).

As for memories, there are far too many to choose just one...but licking the cake mix from the spoon was always fun "

Oh asking 100s of question is definitely child like characteristic but when we stop asking them.. we stop learning.. so it's a great thing.

"I never grew up and it's rather splendid "

I love reading how you look at the world Taff

"I read this and just remembered having a bath in the kitchen sink!

(Pretend I then went on to say some dickhead thing like "Wait that was last Thursday" or something, but I actually did remember that) "

Haha you can build custom made of your current size if you are feeling nostalgic

"Definitely have kept my childish side. Been running round the house wrestling the boys this afternoon (I now hurt a lot). And if I'm with my sister it's like we're teenagers again taking the piss out of each other.

One of my favourite memories is playing in hay field forts with my sister. Thought they were cool, been told as an adult it was a mini prison lol "

Hay field forts.. that's amazing! I remember climbing the structures my uncles would make of the wheat leftovers..straw? (English words for this are not known to me).. they were all in cubes stuck up together.. felt like I was on top of the world.

"The way my grandfather's face would light up when I walked through his front door."

The unconditional love of grandparents..

"My child does exist within me..sometimes playful sometimes broken..alas there are no happy childhood memories and thats why I hold onto the child now in my 5th decade..the child never had a chance before...sorry to dampen the happy memories "

Ah it's alright. I have that side too. And maybe that child still needs comforting.. x

La la land

"Definitely have kept my childish side. Been running round the house wrestling the boys this afternoon (I now hurt a lot). And if I'm with my sister it's like we're teenagers again taking the piss out of each other.

One of my favourite memories is playing in hay field forts with my sister. Thought they were cool, been told as an adult it was a mini prison lol

Hay field forts.. that's amazing! I remember climbing the structures my uncles would make of the wheat leftovers..straw? (English words for this are not known to me).. they were all in cubes stuck up together.. felt like I was on top of the world. "

Yes straw, these were our forts. They were also our climbing frames too

Hay field forts.. that's amazing! I remember climbing the structures my uncles would make of the wheat leftovers..straw? (English words for this are not known to me).. they were all in cubes stuck up together.. felt like I was on top of the world.

Yes straw, these were our forts. They were also our climbing frames too "

Thank you

I also liked foraging wild mushrooms and comparing what me and my cousins found. Happy times.

La la land

Yes straw, these were our forts. They were also our climbing frames too

Thank you

I also liked foraging wild mushrooms and comparing what me and my cousins found. Happy times. "

I have a picture of me and my father and I'm probably about 4 and I'm carrying a basket of mushrooms we'd picked. I remember then eating fried mushrooms with bread and butter for lunch

» Add a new message to this topic