FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > America

America

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ictor Sponge OP   Man  over a year ago

Stokesley/ often Sunderland

Seemingly a racist hell hole at the minute.

The more I think about it the more I think it probably always has been.

Let's hope thinks change but I'm not holding my breath

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *egalBeetleWoman  over a year ago

London

What country doesnt have racism..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What country doesnt have racism.."

Papa New Guinea

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Probably none, but there are plenty of countries that manage to not have their police force murder black people again, and again, and again, and again.

The only country to go from barbarism to decadence without civilisation in between...

London

"What country doesnt have racism..

Papa New Guinea "

""Then I understood: Indonesians see our black skin as less than equal, they do not see us as human beings. Every Papuan has countless stories like this."

His experiences are echoed by those of Papuan students in Java, who told BBC Indonesian they are often made to feel like second-class citizens."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49434277

I have too much time on my hands lol

Probably none, but there are plenty of countries that manage to not have their police force murder black people again, and again, and again, and again."

A 2015 US Study suggested that 26% of Police shooting victims were black, despite them only making up @12% of the population. The same study suggested that most black and hispanic police shooting victims were shot by black and hispanic cops.

London

Probably none, but there are plenty of countries that manage to not have their police force murder black people again, and again, and again, and again."

Racism has many forms; Britain likes to pretend racism doesnt happen here (as much or as violent etc etc).

As if it's better than our cousins across the pond.

Not many countries have their police killing black people at a comparable rate as the US. That’s not the same as their police force not killing black people.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Probably none, but there are plenty of countries that manage to not have their police force murder black people again, and again, and again, and again.

Not many countries have their police killing black people at a comparable rate as the US. That’s not the same as their police force not killing black people. "

London

Racism has many forms; Britain likes to pretend racism doesnt happen here (as much or as violent etc etc).

"

Do you think saying 'yeah but all countries are racist' is a useful response to what's happening in the US?

"

And pedal the myth that we should be grateful that after all those years of Brutal colonialism and trading our lives, they allowed us back in the 50s to help rebuild the country (when we weren’t even accepted here). Just because people can get arrested for yelling racist abuse at me, doesn’t undo hundreds of years of built up racist attitudes embedded in almost every structure of this country. X

London

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 23:31:29]

Manchester (she/her)

We've got a long way to go.

London

Not many countries have their police killing black people at a comparable rate as the US. That’s not the same as their police force not killing black people. "

I'm absolutely not saying that other countries are racism free.

What I'm against is an argument that says "everywhere is bad, so why bother talking about the US"

Norway

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

"Seemingly a racist hell hole at the minute.

Let's hope thinks change but I'm not holding my breath "

It’s unbelievable what’s happening there and Trump having a go at twitter on the other side. I wouldn’t be suprised if civil war starts there soon

What’s going on in the US has needed UN intervention for a long time. Malcolm X said that and he died in the 60s. And as he said, these are not issues of civil rights, but human rights.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Racism is everywhere I was in a mixed face relationship before he passed away ... believe me I’ve seen it ....

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Race that should of been ?!!

Not many countries have their police killing black people at a comparable rate as the US. That’s not the same as their police force not killing black people.

What I'm against is an argument that says "everywhere is bad, so why bother talking about the US" "

How about a, ‘everywhere is bad, and the US in particular is very bad right now.’ ? Because racism isn’t in competition. That undermines people’s experiences.

Undoubtedly racism is present in every country, I think we'd all agree with that, it has often been polorisied in the USA no doubt for a number of reasons but personally the racism we see in that country at the minute in all aspects of the population is just horrific and seemingly accepted by many

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

400 years dude.....

400 years!!!!!

nothing is going to ever happen until we can have the conversation....

thats doesn't whilst people play up fears... and the people doing it are in the highest positions!!!

i said to a friend today....you didn't what to hear it when we wanted to shout out and protest, and you didn't want to hear it when we took a knee and protested peacefully!!!

Undoubtedly racism is present in every country, I think we'd all agree with that, it has often been polorisied in the USA no doubt for a number of reasons but personally the racism we see in that country at the minute in all aspects of the population is just horrific and seemingly accepted by many"

There are some people on fab that were born before Jim Crow laws ended. For context on why it’s still so horrific there.

Norway "

London

What I'm against is an argument that says "everywhere is bad, so why bother talking about the US"

How about a, ‘everywhere is bad, and the US in particular is very bad right now.’ ? Because racism isn’t in competition. That undermines people’s experiences. "

That depends a lot on whether you think that when people say 'everywhere is bad' it's a genuine recognition of the prevalence of racism, or you see an attempt to minimise the importance of what's happening in the US by in effect saying 'it happens everywhere so why make a fuss'

Maybe I'm cynical but I see the latter a whole lot.

Norway

..."

Dont think anyone told Anders Breivik that...

Manchester (she/her)

How about a, ‘everywhere is bad, and the US in particular is very bad right now.’ ? Because racism isn’t in competition. That undermines people’s experiences. "

Racism is bad everywhere, particularly in the US, and I feel many people say "it's bad there" to be able to turn away from what happens in their own communities, so they don't have to do anything.

How about a, ‘everywhere is bad, and the US in particular is very bad right now.’ ? Because racism isn’t in competition. That undermines people’s experiences.

That depends a lot on whether you think that when people say 'everywhere is bad' it's a genuine recognition of the prevalence of racism, or you see an attempt to minimise the importance of what's happening in the US by in effect saying 'it happens everywhere so why make a fuss'

"

I get what you mean. But I think that there’s a lot of people in this country for example that are outraged by what’s happening in the US but would like an acknowledgement of how bad our experiences here are. What will happen though, is that it’ll be another ‘the uk is one of the least racist places in the world’ to try and make us feel grateful.

By *lide_n_rideWoman  over a year ago

East Midlands

Very racist in USA ... from my experience of travel.

Let's hope thinks change but I'm not holding my breath

400 years dude.....

400 years!!!!!

nothing is going to ever happen until we can have the conversation....

thats doesn't whilst people play up fears... and the people doing it are in the highest positions!!!

i said to a friend today....you didn't what to hear it when we wanted to shout out and protest, and you didn't want to hear it when we took a knee and protested peacefully!!!

"

It seems true enough that no matter what format the dialogue takes it seems to have the same impact, none. No change just an endless cycle. Like I say it seems to have been a country embedded in racism for years

Manchester (she/her)

I get what you mean. But I think that there’s a lot of people in this country for example that are outraged by what’s happening in the US but would like an acknowledgement of how bad our experiences here are. What will happen though, is that it’ll be another ‘the uk is one of the least racist places in the world’ to try and make us feel grateful. "

Spoiler: the UK is not one of the least racist places in the world

Heavy subject leave uz to it

I get what you mean. But I think that there’s a lot of people in this country for example that are outraged by what’s happening in the US but would like an acknowledgement of how bad our experiences here are. What will happen though, is that it’ll be another ‘the uk is one of the least racist places in the world’ to try and make us feel grateful.

Spoiler: the UK is not one of the least racist places in the world "

I’m part of this storyline. Can confirm this spoiler to be true.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

A 2015 US Study suggested that 26% of Police shooting victims were black, despite them only making up @12% of the population. The same study suggested that most black and hispanic police shooting victims were shot by black and hispanic cops."

Also over 50% of police officers that are murdered are murdered by black or Hispanic people.

You now have a vicious circle of a cop going to deal with a black man automatically thinking this could be life or death and a black guy seeing a cop, thinking this could be life or death.

Straight away the tension is heightened...

A 2015 US Study suggested that 26% of Police shooting victims were black, despite them only making up @12% of the population. The same study suggested that most black and hispanic police shooting victims were shot by black and hispanic cops.

Also over 50% of police officers that are murdered are murdered by black or Hispanic people.

You now have a vicious circle of a cop going to deal with a black man automatically thinking this could be life or death and a black guy seeing a cop, thinking this could be life or death.

Straight away the tension is heightened..."

Not to undermine, but in America, given the history of ‘race relations’ (for lack of a better term) and also the history of the police, it’s not minorotised groups killing cops that created fear of them or that created images of their perceived threat. In fact, globally that perception was born in the colonial era, possibly before and still exists today. The tension of the situation exists as a result of these things, not on a vacuum.

London

I get what you mean. But I think that there’s a lot of people in this country for example that are outraged by what’s happening in the US but would like an acknowledgement of how bad our experiences here are. What will happen though, is that it’ll be another ‘the uk is one of the least racist places in the world’ to try and make us feel grateful. "

That makes a lot of sense

Straight away the tension is heightened..."

Yes, and it's just spiralling out of control, because no-one really gives a shit, too busy chasing their respective political agendas. They are a hedonistic, self-serving nation, very immature for a 'superpower'.

Essex.

Not to undermine, but in America, given the history of ‘race relations’ (for lack of a better term) and also the history of the police, it’s not minorotised groups killing cops that created fear of them or that created images of their perceived threat. In fact, globally that perception was born in the colonial era, possibly before and still exists today. The tension of the situation exists as a result of these things, not on a vacuum. "

Also large percentage of BAME living in abject poverty adds fuel to the flames.

By *ipShakerMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

Just waiting for the false flag event to take everyone's attention away from the current situation. Call me synical

Race has nothing to do with it, you cross a COP in the USA and you will be on the sharp end of unreasonable force, regardless of your race. America has too much violence, guns, drugs and a leadership that insights hatred.

The Mayor of Atlanta summed it up well today, you don’t like what you see, get out and VOTE!

Not to undermine, but in America, given the history of ‘race relations’ (for lack of a better term) and also the history of the police, it’s not minorotised groups killing cops that created fear of them or that created images of their perceived threat. In fact, globally that perception was born in the colonial era, possibly before and still exists today. The tension of the situation exists as a result of these things, not on a vacuum.

Also large percentage of BAME living in abject poverty adds fuel to the flames."

True. But that’s because of racism.

London

"Race has nothing to do with it, "

100% wrong. Open your eyes.

"Race has nothing to do with it, you cross a COP in the USA and you will be on the sharp end of unreasonable force, regardless of your race. America has too much violence, guns, drugs and a leadership that insights hatred.

The Mayor of Atlanta summed it up well today, you don’t like what you see, get out and VOTE! "

Of course, voting is so key to change. On a local and national level. And that was stressed by a lot of people. But it does feel as though, since black people have had the vote, they’ve overwhelmingly voted in their interests and other Americans haven’t. The racial breakdown of voters at the last election was damning.

Also I hate the way that the emphasis is placed on voting as if the political system is even putting leaders willing to enact serious change, in positions to win elections and as if for the past however many decades that black people have been voting, they haven’t voted in their best interests and just been let down by politicians that don’t prioritise their equality.

"Race has nothing to do with it, you cross a COP in the USA and you will be on the sharp end of unreasonable force, regardless of your race. America has too much violence, guns, drugs and a leadership that insights hatred.

The Mayor of Atlanta summed it up well today, you don’t like what you see, get out and VOTE! "

Whikst violence, a gun culture and abhorrent leadership no doubt play a massive part, I think it is nieve not to think that black people face more threat than anyone else in the USA

By *ensual-dominant-passionMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Racism in America has a very deep route.. don’t go to far remember around 60 years ago a black person couldn't eat in a restaurant.. a black person couldn't use the same rest room as a white person, black people couldn't sit down on a bus they had to stand.. black people had to sit away from everyone in the diner.. it was the the right given by the government to white people to think they are superior.. basically the law was allowing you to be racist.

By *elshyXOMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Racism in America has a very deep route.. don’t go to far remember around 60 years ago a black person couldn't eat in a restaurant.. a black person couldn't use the same rest room as a white person, black people couldn't sit down on a bus they had to stand.. black people had to sit away from everyone in the diner.. it was the the right given by the government to white people to think they are superior.. basically the law was allowing you to be racist. "

The very foundations of which America & its constitutions are founded upon are inherintly racist

No one is born hating another person because of their skin colour, background or his/her religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love come more naturally to the human heart than its opposite!

Nelson Mandela

"No one is born hating another person because of their skin colour, background or his/her religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love come more naturally to the human heart than its opposite!

Nelson Mandela"

"No one is born hating another person because of their skin colour, background or his/her religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love come more naturally to the human heart than its opposite!

Nelson Mandela"

It’s true but like, how much longer do we have to put up with the racism before people learn to love? Because it’s exhausting.

Essex.

That only works if you have a decent person to vote for.

Essex.

Unfortunately racism is deep rooted.

I watched a video today on tiktok(don'tlaugh), it was by a black guy, who went on to say that his family and friends had a big zoom chat but he was not informed.

His brother rung him and told him about it.

He had been excluded because he had married a white woman, some of them even called his children little white racists.

When he confronted them, they said nothing personal but his wife and children were part of the problem.

There is also an older video doing the rounds of a shop being looted by black people as the black shop owner is standing outside shouting and pleading for them to stop, one guy said he didn't care about the fact the riots started due to the death of someone, it was an opportunity to get free stuff...

How will it ever be solved if one party refuses to talk to the other party if they are accusing the whole race as racist?

Please Please don’t believe the media.....

All the violence is being perpetrated by white protesters but the news only interviews black protesters.... So everyone thinks it’s black people causing the violence.....

Just google protests New York and you will see more white people protesting than blacks....

Statistically, more Black people in America are killed by other Black people than they are by White people.

Something happens in America and the whole world is up in arms.

No one says a damn thing about what's happening in South Africa where White people are killed daily because of the colour of their skin. White farm murders and even open/public calls by EFF leader Julius Malema for black people to kill whites. White land seizures etc. Media silence or saying it's a myth.

Double standards or is it not racism if it's the other way around?

Newcastle

"Statistically, more Black people in America are killed by other Black people than they are by White people.

No one says a damn thing about what's happening in South Africa where White people are killed daily because of the colour of their skin. White farm murders and even open/public calls by EFF leader Julius Malema for black people to kill whites. White land seizures etc. Media silence or saying it's a myth.

Double standards or is it not racism if it's the other way around?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha jog on will you.

That’s the worst attempt at defending racism ive seen for quite some time - “but white people get killed too”. What you’ll also find is the white people who are being murdered are being so because they refuse to give back the fertile land they forcibly stole from native South Africans during apartheid. The simple answer is to give the land they stole back.

If your response to seeing another black male systematically murdered by the law enforcement sworn in to protect them is to call double standards on racism, then your white male privilege is off the charts.

"Please Please don’t believe the media.....

All the violence is being perpetrated by white protesters but the news only interviews black protesters.... So everyone thinks it’s black people causing the violence.....

Just google protests New York and you will see more white people protesting than blacks...."

Absolutely wrong

Racism is abhorrent but it is everywhere and part of every colour and creed. Saying that, America has it's fair share of racism. America is a violent place due to guns and drugs and this fuels matters. If you watch the footage you'll see a man dies as a result of the actions of the police. If you view it from one side you'll see racist white police officers restrict a black man from breathing thus killing him. From another side you'll see police officers who conclude a potential criminals cries of breathing difficulties as a rouse to try and escape. We may never know the truth but jumping to conclusions will not help matters.

What is fact is that over 50% of police homicides are against black people which is well over the amount to be expected considering that black people don't equate to 50% of the population of the USA. In addition to this, black people are 3 times as likely to be the victim of homicides as opposed to white people. However, around 90% of black homicide and around 80% of white homicide is black on black and white on white respectively. With these homicides over 60% of black homicides were related to drugs in comparison to less than 40% for whites.

Are there racists in the police force? I'd say absolutely. Is every black death by a white cop a racist act? I'd say not likely. Drugs and guns are behind a lot of the problems but it goes even deeper. I grew up in Belfast and the problems there will never go away. It's not a religious war anymore, people are just bred to hate the other because they're not like you. The media and celebrities voicing their opinions doesn't help matters either, it just drives the wedge deeper.

Oh, one final thing. Looting has fuck all to do with protest. Liam went on every riot regardless of whether it was for the Catholics, Protestants or the Girl Guides. It's just a way for dodgy individuals to get hooky gear to sell down the pub.

"Statistically, more Black people in America are killed by other Black people than they are by White people.

Double standards or is it not racism if it's the other way around?"

Is this a wind up? Or do you genuinely think this way?

That’s the worst attempt at defending racism ive seen for quite some time - “but white people get killed too”. What you’ll also find is the white people who are being murdered are being so because they refuse to give back the fertile land they forcibly stole from native South Africans during apartheid. The simple answer is to give the land they stole back.

If your response to seeing another black male systematically murdered by the law enforcement sworn in to protect them is to call double standards on racism, then your white male privilege is off the charts."

All humans originated from Africa so you could say that all land belongs to them. When are you giving up your house and land and giving it back to the Africans?

If your response to seeing another black male systematically murdered by the law enforcement sworn in to protect them is to call double standards on racism, then your white male privilege is off the charts."

Sorry, how long have you lived in South Africa?? I did for 30 years. And I'm mixed race due to my grandmother being Black so not defending anyone but stating facts

Newcastle

If your response to seeing another black male systematically murdered by the law enforcement sworn in to protect them is to call double standards on racism, then your white male privilege is off the charts.

All humans originated from Africa so you could say that all land belongs to them. When are you giving up your house and land and giving it back to the Africans? "

Your whataboutery has failed miserably there. If you want I can let you have a second try at *trying* to be clever though?

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 31/05/20 03:02:23]

"

Is this a wind up? Or do you genuinely think this way?"

Sorry, don't understand what you mean

All humans originated from Africa so you could say that all land belongs to them. When are you giving up your house and land and giving it back to the Africans?

Your whataboutery has failed miserably there. If you want I can let you have a second try at *trying* to be clever though?"

I didn't see a date in that response, you're not stalling are you? You can't have it both ways. You either give all land back to the rightful owners or you don't.

Newcastle

Sorry, how long have you lived in South Africa?? I did for 30 years. And I'm mixed race due to my grandmother being Black so not defending anyone but stating facts"

“Im not defending anyone” - says man defending racists.

Also for your reference I have good friends who are black south africans - one of whom is mixed race/dark skinned - his mother & father were in a relationship during apartheid. Naturally he faced incredible prejudice growing up because of his mixed race/dark skinned background.

Newcastle

Your whataboutery has failed miserably there. If you want I can let you have a second try at *trying* to be clever though?

I didn't see a date in that response, you're not stalling are you? You can't have it both ways. You either give all land back to the rightful owners or you don't. "

What on earth are you on about? If you can coherently explain how a house in the North East of England is somehow stolen from native South Africans i’ll gladly hand it back, but I doubt you’ll be able to. I think what youre conflating here is genetics over ownership. I can dumb it down for you though if needs must?

If you think at all that land was 'stolen' from Black people in South Africa you don't know your history and have watched too much telly

I didn't see a date in that response, you're not stalling are you? You can't have it both ways. You either give all land back to the rightful owners or you don't.

What on earth are you on about? If you can coherently explain how a house in the North East of England is somehow stolen from native South Africans i’ll gladly hand it back, but I doubt you’ll be able to. I think what youre conflating here is genetics over ownership. I can dumb it down for you though if needs must?"

Who mentioned South Africans? I'm saying that nearly every land has been conquered through the ages and to return it all to the original owners is impossible. The British took control of Northern Ireland because of it's wealth and stole land from us Irish. Am I justified in killing the British and spouting xenophobic hate speech? Of course not.

Newcastle

"If you think at all that land was 'stolen' from Black people in South Africa you don't know your history and have watched too much telly "

Yeah, sorry, there was me thinking there was a law in South Africa since the early 1900’s through to the end of Apartheid that didnt allow black South Africans to own land. Must have been a dream or something.

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

Oh please don't give that bleak response come on have a bit more respect

Newcastle

What on earth are you on about? If you can coherently explain how a house in the North East of England is somehow stolen from native South Africans i’ll gladly hand it back, but I doubt you’ll be able to. I think what youre conflating here is genetics over ownership. I can dumb it down for you though if needs must?

Who mentioned South Africans? I'm saying that nearly every land has been conquered through the ages and to return it all to the original owners is impossible. The British took control of Northern Ireland because of it's wealth and stole land from us Irish. Am I justified in killing the British and spouting xenophobic hate speech? Of course not. "

I mean - yeah, you actually are. You’d be whats commonly called a “freedom fighter”. If youre Irish & youve had your land forcibly stolen from you then had a rule you don’t accept forced upon you, why should you just lay down & take it?

On your topic of redistribution being an issue, thats mainly because the genetic lineage has been destroyed some time ago. I’m going to struggle to give my land back to its rightful owner when their bloodline was likely wiped out a few hundred years ago.

"

Sorry, how long have you lived in South Africa?? I did for 30 years. And I'm mixed race due to my grandmother being Black so not defending anyone but stating facts

“Im not defending anyone” - says man defending racists.

Also for your reference I have good friends who are black south africans - one of whom is mixed race/dark skinned - his mother & father were in a relationship during apartheid. Naturally he faced incredible prejudice growing up because of his mixed race/dark skinned background."

What are you on your high horse for son?

Read what I said and think a bit.

Yes, racism is terrible. My point is that a cop kills a black man and the whole world is up in arms but in South Africa a black person or cop kills a white person in a racially motivated killing and no one says a thing. Double standards!

I'm not condoning any of that

And by the way, i lived through apartheid in South Africa and have seen it all

Who mentioned South Africans? I'm saying that nearly every land has been conquered through the ages and to return it all to the original owners is impossible. The British took control of Northern Ireland because of it's wealth and stole land from us Irish. Am I justified in killing the British and spouting xenophobic hate speech? Of course not.

I mean - yeah, you actually are. You’d be whats commonly called a “freedom fighter”. If youre Irish & youve had your land forcibly stolen from you then had a rule you don’t accept forced upon you, why should you just lay down & take it?

On your topic of redistribution being an issue, thats mainly because the genetic lineage has been destroyed some time ago. I’m going to struggle to give my land back to its rightful owner when their bloodline was likely wiped out a few hundred years ago."

Are you seriously condoning the IRA here?

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

Made a thread similar to this I swear if I saw this prick of an officer doing what he did I couldn't careless if I was banged up for life but I swear that officer would be on the floor by any means necessary absolutely disgraceful behaviour

Newcastle

On your topic of redistribution being an issue, thats mainly because the genetic lineage has been destroyed some time ago. I’m going to struggle to give my land back to its rightful owner when their bloodline was likely wiped out a few hundred years ago.

Are you seriously condoning the IRA here? "

I mean, it depends how you look at it & what angle youre trying to take.

Do I condone acts of heinous violence & criminality? No.

Do I condone an organised & strategic effort to overthrow an entirely enforced & illigitimage occupancy of anothers land with the sole purpose of seizing its wealth in various forms whilst enforcing its population to live under said illigitmate occupancy without question or acceptance - a series of events entirely against the will of the natives? Yes I do.

& if you think thats somewhat unreasonable we can play a hypothetical game where we ask how you’d feel if North Korea annexed Chesterfield.

Do I condone an organised & strategic effort to overthrow an entirely enforced & illigitimage occupancy of anothers land with the sole purpose of seizing its wealth in various forms whilst enforcing its population to live under said illigitmate occupancy without question or acceptance - a series of events entirely against the will of the natives? Yes I do.

& if you think thats somewhat unreasonable we can play a hypothetical game where we ask how you’d feel if North Korea annexed Chesterfield."

The point is that the IRA were blowing innocent people up who had nothing to do with the original invasion. That's not helping anyone or anything. If you disagree I'll quite happily swap my childhood with yours for you to experience the joy and wonder of those magical freedom fighters and their wonderful presents that produced joyous light shows in pubs and cars throughout the land.

Newcastle

& if you think thats somewhat unreasonable we can play a hypothetical game where we ask how you’d feel if North Korea annexed Chesterfield.

The point is that the IRA were blowing innocent people up who had nothing to do with the original invasion. That's not helping anyone or anything. If you disagree I'll quite happily swap my childhood with yours for you to experience the joy and wonder of those magical freedom fighters and their wonderful presents that produced joyous light shows in pubs and cars throughout the land."

Ah, so youre a protestant then - cos youve lovingly glossed over tbe bit where British Soldiers & the UDA also murdered innocent people too. Or does that not fit the narrative here?

I’m fully aware the PIRA were reaponsible for some horrendous acts, but neither side held the moral high ground, least of all the British - who in essence were an invading military force sent in to enforce complaince within a population.

The point is that the IRA were blowing innocent people up who had nothing to do with the original invasion. That's not helping anyone or anything. If you disagree I'll quite happily swap my childhood with yours for you to experience the joy and wonder of those magical freedom fighters and their wonderful presents that produced joyous light shows in pubs and cars throughout the land.

Ah, so youre a protestant then - cos youve lovingly glossed over tbe bit where British Soldiers & the UDA also murdered innocent people too. Or does that not fit the narrative here?

I’m fully aware the PIRA were reaponsible for some horrendous acts, but neither side held the moral high ground, least of all the British - who in essence were an invading military force sent in to enforce complaince within a population."

I'm no such thing. You shouldn't assume. Terrorism is terror. Nothing more. It didn't help resolve anything. Luring young kids into hatred to fight a war long lost was irresponsible. The past is the past and terrorising innocent families lawfully living their lives was just plain wrong. Violence isn't the answer and neither was sending the Brits back home. I don't hate the British for what happened. It was a different time with different people. A compromise was struck and we now have fairness to all. We can vote to reunite Ireland and leave British rule if we choose. Peace not violence is the answer.

Newcastle

I’m fully aware the PIRA were reaponsible for some horrendous acts, but neither side held the moral high ground, least of all the British - who in essence were an invading military force sent in to enforce complaince within a population.

I'm no such thing. You shouldn't assume. Terrorism is terror. Nothing more. It didn't help resolve anything. Luring young kids into hatred to fight a war long lost was irresponsible. The past is the past and terrorising innocent families lawfully living their lives was just plain wrong. Violence isn't the answer and neither was sending the Brits back home. I don't hate the British for what happened. It was a different time with different people. A compromise was struck and we now have fairness to all. We can vote to reunite Ireland and leave British rule if we choose. Peace not violence is the answer."

See, this is where issues arise. So far all youve fone is accuse Irish Republicans of mirder, violence & acts of terror. If you want fairness you also have to be willing to accept that the British forces & UVF/UDA were also complicit in atrocities - some very well documented war crimes

Omg, this thread.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Omg, this thread. "

Derailed af

Newcastle and Gateshead

I deliberately waited until this morning before i started writing in this thread, because in effect i was so mad and i didn't get to bed till 4am for watching both CNN and MSNBC...

so i am things i am going to say for the sake of transparency....

I was born in Atlanta, I was raised in New York till i was 15... i know both places where they were protesting fairly well...

I have loads of time for protest... I have zero time for looting whatsoever!!!

i think it helps people here understand why the Atlanta mayor said VOTE! (one of the best mayors atlanta has had in a lot time... she is a dark horse to be bidens VP pick)

the laws that effect most people are set by the states.... and everyone from governor down is voted for... that means your AG (atterney General who is in effect the highest ranking law officer) and your Ranking DA (the person who decides to prosecute!)

who they are can affect who gets charged and with what! some DA's are very cosy with the police because 99% of the time they are on the same side, which is why they dont like going after police unless they have to!

so its not always about "november"... there are other things that may be decided on.. such as law changes ect ect.....

Norway "

I think Anders Brievik might disagree with you there...

Papa New Guinea

""Then I understood: Indonesians see our black skin as less than equal, they do not see us as human beings. Every Papuan has countless stories like this."

His experiences are echoed by those of Papuan students in Java, who told BBC Indonesian they are often made to feel like second-class citizens."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49434277

I have too much time on my hands lol"

Ok...The Antartica!

By *zn marriedMan  over a year ago

GLASGOW

The Mayor of Atlanta summed it up well today, you don’t like what you see, get out and VOTE!

I deliberately waited until this morning before i started writing in this thread, because in effect i was so mad and i didn't get to bed till 4am for watching both CNN and MSNBC...

I was born in Atlanta, I was raised in New York till i was 15... i know both places where they were protesting fairly well...

i think it helps people here understand why the Atlanta mayor said VOTE! (one of the best mayors atlanta has had in a lot time... she is a dark horse to be bidens VP pick)

the laws that effect most people are set by the states.... and everyone from governor down is voted for... that means your AG (atterney General who is in effect the highest ranking law officer) and your Ranking DA (the person who decides to prosecute!)

who they are can affect who gets charged and with what! some DA's are very cosy with the police because 99% of the time they are on the same side, which is why they dont like going after police unless they have to!

so its not always about "november"... there are other things that may be decided on.. such as law changes ect ect.....

"

Well said

North Bucks

We all are a little bit racist. (Avenue Q) even on a micro level.

The acceptance of that is hard but productive.

"Omg, this thread.

Derailed af "

It’s why you can’t have these conversations on fab.

GLASGOW

“At the heart of racism is the religious assertion that God made a creative mistake when He brought some people into being “

Mahatma Gandhi

“Racism is man’s gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”

“A riot is the language of the unheard.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Accomplishments have no color.” Leontyne Price

“An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.”

Manchester (she/her)

"Omg, this thread. "

Ugh

"

Is that why you left?

"“At the heart of racism is the religious assertion that God made a creative mistake when He brought some people into being “

Mahatma Gandhi

“Racism is man’s gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”

"

Gandhi didn’t like Black people.

"Omg, this thread.

Ugh"

It’s a lot.

GLASGOW

"“At the heart of racism is the religious assertion that God made a creative mistake when He brought some people into being “

Mahatma Gandhi

Gandhi didn’t like Black people. "

I dont know if he did or he didn't just liked his quote

What does skin colour matter we all bleed the same colour dont we ?

"

Like you, I am mad too! My Great Grandfather was born into slavery and somehow, he and his two brothers bought themselves out of slavery. My best friend, in Nashville warned there was going to be riots in America this year. Who stirs all this up, I wonder? It sure isn’t the folks in handcuffs who die at the hands of COPS, or their families. I grew up in America during the Civil Rights movement and even heard MLK preach just before his death. My hope for America was that we’d moved on, sadly there are those who pull us all down, preaching hate and in-sighting violence. The middle class of America has vanished, half of the kids in my home county go to bed hungry. Poverty doesn’t discriminate. If we overcome the 1% having all the money and power, we will solve many of these issues. My escape from poverty and the racism I suffered was education! Things will get better, we just have to open our eyes and don’t enable those who preach hatred.

Mahatma Gandhi

I dont know if he did or he didn't just liked his quote

What does skin colour matter we all bleed the same colour dont we ? "

Race matters a lot to my experience. I can’t just ignore that fact because I understand that racism is stupid. It still affects me and millions of people that look like me..

North Bucks

Mahatma Gandhi

Gandhi didn’t like Black people. "

Yup. Same with Che Guerva you see people wandering round at protests with his famous image on their T shirt yet he was racist.

Manchester (she/her)

I wish race didn't matter, but it shapes us all from before we remember, how we're treated, what's expected of us.

We need to break the cycle, by doing things differently. And it needs to start with white people. We need to listen to ethnic minorities, really listen, and do better.

Mahatma Gandhi

Yup. Same with Che Guerva you see people wandering round at protests with his famous image on their T shirt yet he was racist.

"

Honestly

"I wish race didn't matter, but it shapes us all from before we remember, how we're treated, what's expected of us.

We need to break the cycle, by doing things differently. And it needs to start with white people. We need to listen to ethnic minorities, really listen, and do better. "

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Omg, this thread.

Derailed af

It’s why you can’t have these conversations on fab. "

for years i have actually said to people in these types of threads...."you really wanna have the conversation? cool... lets do it! we can do it here or we can do it in private..."

never happened once.......

"Omg, this thread.

Derailed af

It’s why you can’t have these conversations on fab.

for years i have actually said to people in these types of threads...."you really wanna have the conversation? cool... lets do it! we can do it here or we can do it in private..."

never happened once......."

You’ve got more patience than me bro. And I respect you a lot for that and for your opinions on the topic.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Is that why you left?"

nope... but i truely believe that if i hadn't had gotten out of new york when i did, i wouldn't be here! a few too many bullets coming a bit too close, and i was a cocky SOB back then and my mouth would have ended up getting me in trouble....

but if you are black... whether its here or in the states, i will guarentee you we have all had "the talk" from our parents about how to be outside and especially around police!

"

Is that why you left?

nope... but i truely believe that if i hadn't had gotten out of new york when i did, i wouldn't be here! a few too many bullets coming a bit too close, and i was a cocky SOB back then and my mouth would have ended up getting me in trouble....

but if you are black... whether its here or in the states, i will guarentee you we have all had "the talk" from our parents about how to be outside and especially around police!"

Manchester (she/her)

"

Is that why you left?

but if you are black... whether its here or in the states, i will guarentee you we have all had "the talk" from our parents about how to be outside and especially around police!"

And it's a privilege many white people take for granted that we have not had that talk. That we largely consider police public servants there to help us.

GLASGOW

"

Is that why you left?

Yeap feel ya bro

"

Is that why you left?

I said in a thread previously, I’m so scared about having this conversation with my child. But it’s something I’ve always prepared for, being black, I’ve always known I’d have to have this conversation. I remember having it with my mum. I remember having to tell her when I first got stopped by the police and the look in her eyes. Man I hate this fucking planet.

Manchester (she/her)

... and all this pain and injustice exist and people try to fucking derail rather than support. I don't get it.

GLASGOW

"

Is that why you left?

but if you are black... whether its here or in the states, i will guarentee you we have all had "the talk" from our parents about how to be outside and especially around police!

I said in a thread previously, I’m so scared about having this conversation with my child. But it’s something I’ve always prepared for, being black, I’ve always known I’d have to have this conversation. I remember having it with my mum. I remember having to tell her when I first got stopped by the police and the look in her eyes. Man I hate this fucking planet. "

As much as we say it stamp racism out I've always told my children that doesn't matter of our skin colour we all equal but got stopped a few times by police and it was the children that noticed that it was to do with our skin colour sad but true

I'm no such thing. You shouldn't assume. Terrorism is terror. Nothing more. It didn't help resolve anything. Luring young kids into hatred to fight a war long lost was irresponsible. The past is the past and terrorising innocent families lawfully living their lives was just plain wrong. Violence isn't the answer and neither was sending the Brits back home. I don't hate the British for what happened. It was a different time with different people. A compromise was struck and we now have fairness to all. We can vote to reunite Ireland and leave British rule if we choose. Peace not violence is the answer.

See, this is where issues arise. So far all youve fone is accuse Irish Republicans of mirder, violence & acts of terror. If you want fairness you also have to be willing to accept that the British forces & UVF/UDA were also complicit in atrocities - some very well documented war crimes"

Are you being deliberately patronising?I don't need to acknowledge the atrocities from the British and their extreme supporters as I witnessed it up close and personal. As I said in a previous post, violence leads nowhere. You said you supported the IRAs actions and I'm telling you that their policy of terrorism was unjust. It gave rise to more fighting. Fighting fire with fire was not the solution and never will be. Peaceful protest is the way.

See, this is where issues arise. So far all youve fone is accuse Irish Republicans of mirder, violence & acts of terror. If you want fairness you also have to be willing to accept that the British forces & UVF/UDA were also complicit in atrocities - some very well documented war crimes

Are you being deliberately patronising?I don't need to acknowledge the atrocities from the British and their extreme supporters as I witnessed it up close and personal. As I said in a previous post, violence leads nowhere. You said you supported the IRAs actions and I'm telling you that their policy of terrorism was unjust. It gave rise to more fighting. Fighting fire with fire was not the solution and never will be. Peaceful protest is the way."

This is way off topic. But to bring it back, Black people in America have been protesting peacefully for decades. Any suggestions for them to challenge embedded, systematic racism?

GLASGOW

White kills black = self defense

Black kills white = murder

Black kills black = gang violence

White kills white = Accident

Muslim kills white = Terrorist

White kills Muslims = mental health

Its called Humane rights not racism rights.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

something interesting happened last night which at time point will go fairly "under the radar" here... but will mean a lot...

the head DA who would normally prosecute this case has had the case taken out of his hands (he is seen as being police friendly) and it will be the AG himself that will now lead the case! which should now instill a bit more confidence!

I would not be surprised that within the next 24-48hrs the 3 other policemen that have not been charged are so.....

something interesting happened last night which at time point will go fairly "under the radar" here... but will mean a lot...

the head DA who would normally prosecute this case has had the case taken out of his hands (he is seen as being police friendly) and it will be the AG himself that will now lead the case! which should now instill a bit more confidence!

I would not be surprised that within the next 24-48hrs the 3 other policemen that have not been charged are so....."

Resistance forces hands. This is something at least.

steve and pickle. Have you watched the out of shadows official full video on Youtube.

The main stream media especailly over in the states is not all true. Racism is all over the world and its disgusting.

Its easy to rule all if people are against each with religion and race.

"White kills black = self defense

"

The man firing a crossbow into the crowd and the people driving over protestors and the tanker ramming into crowds. I bet they won't be called terrorists.

But Trump has threatened to shoot people so it's going to be fine.

Not sure if I can post a link so....

A Michigan sheriff joined protesters in Flint Township on Saturday, putting down his weapon and saying, "I want to make this a parade, not a protest."

Genesee County Sheriff Chris Swanson spoke with demonstrators who were met by police officers in riot gear, local affiliate WEYI reported.

"The only reason we're here is to make sure that you got a voice -- that's it," Swanson said in video clips shown on Twitter.

"These cops love you -- that cop over there hugs people," he said, pointing to an officer.

He was speaking to the crowd protesting police brutality and the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

He smiled and high-fived people in the crowd, who responded by chanting, "walk with us!"

So, he did.

Dentists are the most racist of all. They only like white teeth!

GLASGOW

"steve and pickle. Have you watched the out of shadows official full video on Youtube.

The main stream media especailly over in the states is not all true. Racism is all over the world and its disgusting.

Its easy to rule all if people are against each with religion and race.

"

So true sad world we live in x

GLASGOW

"White kills black = self defense

The man firing a crossbow into the crowd and the people driving over protestors and the tanker ramming into crowds. I bet they won't be called terrorists.

But Trump has threatened to shoot people so it's going to be fine. "

By *hongguyMan  over a year ago

heckmondwike

Just google protests New York and you will see more white people protesting than blacks...."

what a stupid statement so its just white people throwing rocks and looting open your eyes stupidest statement ive read on here and before you start my best friends black and hes read your statement and said and that's why rascism will never go away your a rascist his words a fellow black person

Back in the day, 20 white men chasing a black guy was considered racist. Now it's called Formula 1.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Racism starts at an early age, My grandson is 10 yrs old, his father is of Hong Kong Chinese parentage but he was born in the U.K.

In the early stages of Covid 19 parents were telling their children not to sit next to my grandson because he is Chinese and may have that "virus thing".

Fair dues to the school they nipped it in the bud and the offending parents were spoken to about racist attitudes.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I would not be surprised that within the next 24-48hrs the 3 other policemen that have not been charged are so....."

The AG, as in Attorney General? Isn't that Trump sycophant William Barr? That means the police will probably be pretty safe from any prosecution. Trump loves stirring up racial hatred.

Just google protests New York and you will see more white people protesting than blacks.... what a stupid statement so its just white people throwing rocks and looting open your eyes stupidest statement ive read on here and before you start my best friends black and hes read your statement and said and that's why rascism will never go away your a rascist his words a fellow black person "

Why did you black best friend read it?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

The AG, as in Attorney General? Isn't that Trump sycophant William Barr? That means the police will probably be pretty safe from any prosecution. Trump loves stirring up racial hatred. "

Barr deals with federal law

Each state has there own AG, in minnesota's case that would be keith Ellison, who is black, and was the first ever muslim member in congress, he was very high in democratic national circles before going back to be the minnesota AG

apparently there is a presser this afternoon...

Manchester (she/her)

"Racism starts at an early age, My grandson is 10 yrs old, his father is of Hong Kong Chinese parentage but he was born in the U.K.

In the early stages of Covid 19 parents were telling their children not to sit next to my grandson because he is Chinese and may have that "virus thing".

Fair dues to the school they nipped it in the bud and the offending parents were spoken to about racist attitudes."

I'm sorry.

Saw a group of black people beating and murdering a man on dallas today as he stopped them trying to loot his store, so from now on its just turned from a #blacklivesmatter to lets do what the fuck we want in riots and looting to prove what point?

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

Until the world population accepts we are all part of the HUMANrace and the amount pigment in you skin does not quantify you as a person... nothing will change.

Its not like the whole world has/is going through an existential crisis from a global pandemic that threatened of humanity no matter what you skin colour was.

When trump said...watch the virus will magically go away.

I didn't realise he ment because he would turn America into dictatorship and murder it's own population

Manchester (she/her)

"Until the world population accepts we are all part of the HUMANrace and the amount pigment in you skin does not quantify you as a person... nothing will change.

Its not like the whole world has/is going through an existential crisis from a global pandemic that threatened of humanity no matter what you skin colour was.

When trump said...watch the virus will magically go away.

I didn't realise he ment because he would turn America into dictatorship and murder it's own population "

So much needs to change, I think.

It's just a shame it's coming at such a high cost.

Is it just power?

"Saw a group of black people beating and murdering a man on dallas today as he stopped them trying to loot his store, so from now on its just turned from a #blacklivesmatter to lets do what the fuck we want in riots and looting to prove what point?

"

all those that beat him like that need to be fucking shot.there was nothing righteous in them doing that and the twat that lays the last kick to his head,wow what a fucking star.