FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I can do that

I can do that

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have you ever fancied doing something else for a living, or are you happy in the job you're in I always fancied being a fireman, think I would get job satisfaction from that, plus they always seem to have great nights out, and you're always guaranteed a spot in the yearly calendar

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I work behind a desk. Yet I always wanted to work with my hands. Engines mainly.

The issue is the only mechanics I know that make near 50k a year are formula one and you aren’t getting in there easy

Yes. I’d like to turn my hobby into a career (can’t say what as it’s too outing) but my current career pays well enough and has a good pension, is varied and rewarding (sometimes).

However. Change is scary

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

When I was little I wanted to be a mechanic or a welder still think I’d like to do them haha

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

"I work behind a desk. Yet I always wanted to work with my hands. Engines mainly.

The issue is the only mechanics I know that make near 50k a year are formula one and you aren’t getting in there easy "

There are mechanics on more than that but then you have to know your stuff well and not work on cars

"I work behind a desk. Yet I always wanted to work with my hands. Engines mainly.

The issue is the only mechanics I know that make near 50k a year are formula one and you aren’t getting in there easy

There are mechanics on more than that but then you have to know your stuff well and not work on cars "

Spill the beans

I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. Got a place on a PGCE in January and turned it down because I changed my mind. Had an existential crisis and now have no idea what I want to do. Maybe I’ll try my hand at life coaching like Jez or end up like super hans. Idk

Im retiring in 3 years! Done my time, time to live a little!

"Im retiring in 3 years! Done my time, time to live a little! "

Retiring at 39? Tell us your secrets oh great one

"Im retiring in 3 years! Done my time, time to live a little!

Retiring at 39? Tell us your secrets oh great one "

Buy low, work hard, sell high and stop when you can enjoy, dont get greedy!!

"Im retiring in 3 years! Done my time, time to live a little!

Retiring at 39? Tell us your secrets oh great one

Buy low, work hard, sell high and stop when you can enjoy, dont get greedy!! "

Ok then

I'm seriously considering changing my career.

Iv worked in Education since I was 18, I love it but I'm ready to try something else.

I'd love to still work with children and families but not sure what form yet.

Derby

There are mechanics on more than that but then you have to know your stuff well and not work on cars

Spill the beans"

Well it's not only cars that need mechanics

Spill the beans

Well it's not only cars that need mechanics"

True, but I know little about jet or rocket engines. Other than how they work. The internal combustion engine however? I can take apart and put together in my sleep

Derby

Its only rocket science so not that hard, jet engines are a different matter though and even NASA will tell you they're more complex

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

I’m living my dream right now. I wouldn’t change my work for anything

"Its only rocket science so not that hard, jet engines are a different matter though and even NASA will tell you they're more complex"

I know people in rolls Royce. Jet engine mechanics are pretty simple really. No different to anything, suck squeeze, bang, blow!

High tolerance but pretty simple. And they don’t earn that much unless there top line management.

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

I love what I do, we both spent a long time doing what we didn't want to do

Now we work for ourselves.

Nothing like it

Teaching our kids you can.

Happy with my lot

Jo x

"I'm seriously considering changing my career.

Iv worked in Education since I was 18, I love it but I'm ready to try something else.

I'd love to still work with children and families but not sure what form yet. "

How about social worker?

By *quaman87Man  over a year ago

colchester

"I have you ever fancied doing something else for a living, or are you happy in the job you're in I always fancied being a fireman, think I would get job satisfaction from that, plus they always seem to have great nights out, and you're always guaranteed a spot in the yearly calendar "
always fancied being fireman but alot puts me off

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I'd love to work with animals (other than my colleagues, and HR said I'm not allowed to muzzle them ) But I'm not in a position to re-train as a vet, and there's not really enough money in anything else

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

How about social worker?"

Means retraining... Which puts me off retraining... I don't want another degree debt

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Done many different things and love what we do right now but we often thought about opening a restaurant or something foodie, we both love cooking for others and good with business / finance. We even went as far as getting planning on a property once, business case and drawings done. Problem is the reward for hours/effort isn’t good unless super successful.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I love to do anything in the sex industry that doesn't involve real physical touch, Photography or webcam

Erotic artistic or writer but I know I'm not good enough to make it into profession or make money from it. Sometimes things best left in fantasy/dreamland?

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I was a mechanic for many years, starting off on cars before moving onto construction, industrial and agricultural machinery working for a JCB main dealer for about 15 years. I left as I got bored as they out me behind a desk as no-one else in the branch I worked at could work the computers in the office!

Since then, I've worked in stock control management, adult education as a tutor and now as student support, changing jobs either due to being fed up or due to redundancy.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Or work in food industry like being freelance caterer

I'd love to still work with children and families but not sure what form yet. "

Charity sector?

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

How about social worker?

Means retraining... Which puts me off retraining... I don't want another degree debt "

Seriously no don’t do it ... says the social worker

What about youth and family support - don’t need the degree but very similar work

Dubai & Nottingham

"I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. Got a place on a PGCE in January and turned it down because I changed my mind. Had an existential crisis and now have no idea what I want to do. Maybe I’ll try my hand at life coaching like Jez or end up like super hans. Idk"

Lol life coach at 23

Good one turning down the PGCE , you likely saved kids from an awful teaching experience. Teaching children is a huge privilege and huge responsibility, not many can hack it. You sure the right thing ?

Dubai & Nottingham

Did*

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I only decided on my ‘grown up’ job in my late 30’s and trainer to be a social worker. Love it and sometimes hate it. The stress and workload is unreal but adore my kids and carers.

If I could change I’d love to open a wedding dress shop. We have a team plan as half of them want to come with me too

Dubai & Nottingham

"Or work in food industry like being freelance caterer"

You could combine the sex and the food , dress up sexy and deliver a nice home cooked healthy meal. Like a premium deliveroo for middle class kinksters

Derby

"Its only rocket science so not that hard, jet engines are a different matter though and even NASA will tell you they're more complex

I know people in rolls Royce. Jet engine mechanics are pretty simple really. No different to anything, suck squeeze, bang, blow!

High tolerance but pretty simple. And they don’t earn that much unless there top line management.

"

Of you know then I'm sure you're right

"I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. Got a place on a PGCE in January and turned it down because I changed my mind. Had an existential crisis and now have no idea what I want to do. Maybe I’ll try my hand at life coaching like Jez or end up like super hans. Idk

Lol life coach at 23

Good one turning down the PGCE , you likely saved kids from an awful teaching experience. Teaching children is a huge privilege and huge responsibility, not many can hack it. You sure the right thing ? "

I don’t know if that was a not nice thing about saving them an awful teaching experience or not so I’ll ignore that bit.

Still want to work with young people but probably outside of the constraints of schools and the education system. More than one way to have a positive impact.

"Its only rocket science so not that hard, jet engines are a different matter though and even NASA will tell you they're more complex

Of you know then I'm sure you're right "

How about social worker?"

Iv thought about it but heart couldn't handle that.

Charity sector? "

Thats probably the route I will go down.

I moving to London from Southampton early next year now so will certainly have lots of opportunities.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Nope I love what I do, although I'm diversifying into equality in the work place and doing more public engagement. Which I'm enjoying more than I thought I would.

I am addicted to my work...miss it when Im not there...its bloody hard but so great

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I bloody love what I do and I'm blessed to have found something I'm good at.

I don't always like who I do it for, but although I'm happy to jump companies, sectors, industries etc my role within that business would be the same.

Id love to work as a councillor in mental health if I could do it all over again x

I like my job sometimes Lol but I always wanted to work with babies, in special baby units or orphanages but i would want to take them all home n would be an emotional wreck

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

"I have you ever fancied doing something else for a living, or are you happy in the job you're in I always fancied being a fireman, think I would get job satisfaction from that, plus they always seem to have great nights out, and you're always guaranteed a spot in the yearly calendar "

My dad was a fireman for many years, it isn't the fire fighting that was the tough bit, it was cutting people out of crushed cars

So no fireman then

Torquay

"So no fireman then"

Takes a strong stomach at times and it does affect them, if dad went to a bad one he'd talk about when he got back, and he was a very tough man mentally and physically

I’ve no love for what I do, but have no idea what I’d move to even if it were possible.

There’s nothing I’d love to do and there’s no ‘great purpose’ that I’m inspired to work towards.

The closest I can imagine is motorsport (too old and far to late to start) or physics (nowhere near the academic requirements necessary).

"So no fireman then

Takes a strong stomach at times and it does affect them, if dad went to a bad one he'd talk about when he got back, and he was a very tough man mentally and physically "

Sorry mate meant no disrespect

Torquay

"So no fireman then

Takes a strong stomach at times and it does affect them, if dad went to a bad one he'd talk about when he got back, and he was a very tough man mentally and physically Sorry mate meant no disrespect "

None taken, all the emergency services are jobs that will tax anyone, honestly if you think it's for you look into it but there's nothing glamorous about them. They can be very rewarding but pretty horrible sometimes

Airline Pilot.

» Add a new message to this topic