FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Potential little money maker.

Potential little money maker.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not looking to start a business more just sell to friends and acquaintances (on my Facebook and insta)

Been googling and researching juice cleanses and they’re VERY expensive, talking at least £100 for a 5 day cleanse.

You need 6 juices in a day (250ml) so that’s 30 for a 5 day cleanse.

Can buy 150 plastic bottles with lids for £52. Haven’t priced the ingredients yet but I will later. I have a £380 mental juicer already it’s amazing.

My sister and her friend already want a 5 day supply.

I’ll list all the ingredients to cover my arse with regards to allergies but what other things should I consider?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Not looking to start a business more just sell to friends and acquaintances (on my Facebook and insta)

Been googling and researching juice cleanses and they’re VERY expensive, talking at least £100 for a 5 day cleanse.

Can buy 150 plastic bottles with lids for £52. Haven’t priced the ingredients yet but I will later. I have a £380 mental juicer already it’s amazing.

I’ll list all the ingredients to cover my arse with regards to allergies but what other things should I consider?

"

You may need a visit from food safety Annie, but is usually pretty painless. Food hygiene cert which is not hard to do. Policies and procedures for H&S. But council should be able to advise you.

Jo x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Food hygiene certification?

Would you give a discount if they bought the containers the first order then re used them?

"Not looking to start a business more just sell to friends and acquaintances (on my Facebook and insta)

"

I'd happily cover your arse xx

"

You'd need liability insurance I would think?

possibly have to do some chemistry and research as well, many fresh juices may start to ferment or the acid levels build (why acid regulators are added to most fruit juices sold)

I have a good hygiene certificate but it’s from 2000 when I worked in Costa coffee shop, probably expired by now.

Also yeah I’d knock like £15 off if they wanted a repeat and reused their bottles.

I’m gonna do one myself first for 5 days. Record any weight loss and say that I wash all fruit and veg before juicing and wash my hands and properly disinfect my workspace. Like it’s not official, will be like people I know that sell cakes and cupcakes to people they know.

What about this for me to list it on my Facebook. Obviously I’ll do it myself first and my sister so I can say what we’ve lost and post pictures.

Hi guys, my sister and I recently did a 5 day juice cleanse and we each lost xxlbs.

Our 5 day supply cost £125 each from (insert reputable well known juice cleanse company).

I now have the list of all ingredients used and have my own juicer so I’ve bought some plastic bottles and willing to replicate them and sell these on for a fraction of the price we paid.

If you wish to do another 5 day cleanse I will knock £xxx off the price if you reuse your bottles.

You can collect or I’ll drop them off on the day of juicing. Keep the first 6 bottles in the fridge and immediately freeze the rest of the supply. Take out 6 each night to defrost (in the fridge) for the following day.

Clunge juice for men, 5 a day keeps your erection at bay!

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"What about this for me to list it on my Facebook. Obviously I’ll do it myself first and my sister so I can say what we’ve lost and post pictures.

Hi guys, my sister and I recently did a 5 day juice cleanse and we each lost xxlbs.

Our 5 day supply cost £125 each from (insert reputable well known juice cleanse company).

I now have the list of all ingredients used and have my own juicer so I’ve bought some plastic bottles and willing to replicate them and sell these on for a fraction of the price we paid.

If you wish to do another 5 day cleanse I will knock £xxx off the price if you reuse your bottles.

You can collect or I’ll drop them off on the day of juicing. Keep the first 6 bottles in the fridge and immediately freeze the rest of the supply. Take out 6 each night to defrost (in the fridge) for the following day. "

What’s your price?, think everyone will have space for 7.5 litres of juice in freezer? Are you making weight loss claims for your product? What’s your cost of ingredients? Delivery costs? Have you got facilties/knowledge to sterilise the bottles? .... and you know selling to friends and acquaintances is a business?

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Register as a sole trader unless expected turnover exceeds limit of £85,000 per year. You also need to be sure your plan won't mean large debt liability should it fail.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

You need new equipment and a new workspace other wise you will have to do a possibly contaminated with nuts, milk etc allergy notice on the product

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Good luck. Facebook is full of these , usually via franchise models and the sellers do boot camps etc to increase contacts

If you have a good network are personable and male friends easy and are passionate about your products you will do ok , maybe make 10-20k a year on it

Pm if you like we’ve done loads of internet businesses over the last 20 years

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Make a late night infomercial for the sci-fi channel

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

If you're going to deliver, remember to add petrol costs too.

What's the self life of your juice? Does the container need sterilisation? If so need to add the washing and electric consumption to the price.

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

Selling on Facebook is a tricky one as it's a public forum and anyone could report you - if they did, you'd need to show food hygiene certs, PLI, council approval of premises for food prep, appropriate labelling for allergies etc...it's a bit of a minefield and not a cheap one, I'm afraid.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

And completely ignore all the naysayers and admin junkies, they have never dated do it and don’t know how it works , internet business are like plants , sow a few seeds see what grows then worry about admin

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

"And completely ignore all the naysayers and admin junkies, they have never dated do it and don’t know how it works , internet business are like plants , sow a few seeds see what grows then worry about admin "

The 'admin junkies' can save your ass getting sued though, particularly when it comes to selling not just a food product but one that claims to be a health food and a weight loss aid...

By *nnejohnCouple  over a year ago

warrington

good luck with your venture, but you must be aware that it is compulsory to have a public health certificate (scores on the doors ) and public liability, look on comparison sites, not expensive. most local authorities insist on food handling certificate. I know there are people selling cakes etc. from home but they are sailing close to the wind if not compliant. fines and consequences can be huge

By *nogs and SpanksWoman  over a year ago

Herts/Beds border

When my ex did something along those lines with food, we had to have an inspection of our kitchen every year. There was paperwork to fill in everytime we made a batch to ensure hygiene levels were kept up. Things like checking the fridge temperature, etc. And if you don't keep up with the paperwork then your food hygiene score obviously goes down. We definitely had insurance but I can't remember the specific type. Our local council were quite helpful when we enquired initially.

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

[Removed by poster at 29/05/20 11:38:01]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Remember to add in a unique blend that you have developed yourself, based on results from feedback. You don't need to specify what results. People like special, especially if it's possibly a bit more expensive or limited.

I bet you would get a lot more money by selling bananas you've masturbated with

But on a serious note, probably just food hygiene cert and maybe some sort of insurance which I doubt will cost a lot if you're small

And make sure you can accurately measure what youre selling. It probably won't be an issue but if you're selling say 300ml of something then you need to make sure the customer gets 300ml

"And completely ignore all the naysayers and admin junkies, they have never dated do it and don’t know how it works , internet business are like plants , sow a few seeds see what grows then worry about admin "

All these admin junkies have given valuable advise that the OP asked for?

I’m sure some of them have done this and that is why they know what is needed.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"I have a good hygiene certificate but it’s from 2000 when I worked in Costa coffee shop, probably expired by now.

Also yeah I’d knock like £15 off if they wanted a repeat and reused their bottles.

I’m gonna do one myself first for 5 days. Record any weight loss and say that I wash all fruit and veg before juicing and wash my hands and properly disinfect my workspace. Like it’s not official, will be like people I know that sell cakes and cupcakes to people they know. "

If you are selling them then technically you are running a business.

I do similar thing with every day cakes but I do not sell them but give them away but I do solicit a donation, this system works very well for me.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Can I have your sister's number?

And her friend's

On a serious note, you could try and differentiate your product. Adding spices could boost metabolism. Many juices already have ginseng and stuff. Not sure if it's commercially viable but adding turmeric, cinnamon, pink himalayan sea salt etc all have added benefits. Just a suggestion!

I get offered various things to suck me off.

I reckon i could probably earn £100 a week off here. If i set up on grindr i wouldn't work a day in my life.

If any gay or bi guys wanna set up a prof saying they're straight and don't like blowjobs then they could clean up

Definitely but start small and build at a steady pace.

Best of luck.

T

Fruit is natures chocolate bars , all these lose weight diet fads with amazing results by taking this and that its all a crock! Sorry but they are all pyramid scams ,

They all trick people, if losing weight was as easy as drinking juice ir wrapping your belly, or taking a tablet at a cost of £100 why would the nhs spend millions on gastric bands?

A juice cleanse is mainly for detoxing but a side effect is weight loss, which to me isn’t a bad side effect.

Think I’m just gonna do it on the download and literally just sell them to people I know well. I’ll be back in all my jobs soon so can’t do this full time.

» Add a new message to this topic