FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The best parents

The best parents

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are always those who are not parents yet lol.

If you have no children, please do not press your opinions onto actual parents.

Espescially during a very stressfull time for them right now where most probably already feel like they are failing in some way x

((Hugs to parents doing their best))

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

oh so true !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I could go on a huge fuck off rant but fab totally isn’t the place for it (I use my insta-blog type thing for that)

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I disagree. I think it can sometimes be useful to look at how people without children view us parents. We're strong enough to continue doing our own thing regardless of what other people say and sometimes they might actually have some useful information

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Is bloody stressful, supposed to work from home and home school at the same time. It's hard when you're in a meeting and your kids are half killing each other. Am I the perfect parent hell no, do my kids now they are safe and loved yes they do.

It's okay for people to have an opinion about things they haven't experienced

On a mooch

"I disagree. I think it can sometimes be useful to look at how people without children view us parents. We're strong enough to continue doing our own thing regardless of what other people say and sometimes they might actually have some useful information "

Not met one yet who doesn’t sound like they aren’t reading from a textbook !

Forum Mod

East Sussex

the biggest negative judgement of parents comes from other parents in my experience

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I disagree. I think it can sometimes be useful to look at how people without children view us parents. We're strong enough to continue doing our own thing regardless of what other people say and sometimes they might actually have some useful information

Not met one yet who doesn’t sound like they aren’t reading from a textbook ! "

Does that make them always wrong?

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

That's lovely. I tend to not let other people's opinions bother me in general but it's difficult when it comes to your kids.

None of us get it right all of the time and we are just trying our best x

On a mooch

"I disagree. I think it can sometimes be useful to look at how people without children view us parents. We're strong enough to continue doing our own thing regardless of what other people say and sometimes they might actually have some useful information

Does that make them always wrong? "

Does it make them right either... No. they are just being judgmental and thinking they know what’s best for my kid when have no idea of the whole picture

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't comment on others parenting put parents feel the need to force their opinion about my child free life on me on an almost weekly basis .

Don't get me wrong, some parents are great people but some think that managing to reproduce gives them some sort of higher opinion on everything. There's a reason there's a meme going around of people saying "as a parent" before an opinion that isn't even remotely related to parenting.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Does that make them always wrong?

Does it make them right either... No. they are just being judgmental and thinking they know what’s best for my kid when have no idea of the whole picture "

we used to get a fair amount of opinionated judgement, I think every parent does. I have to say that it just made us more determined to do it the way we'd decided on.

Hugs to you lovely lady, im an older mother, im 50 and my youngest in 10. I always feel like a bad parent, but more so now as im working and my kids are home from school on xbox and Im feeling I should be doing more with them but after work im knackered. Ive often been told I molliecoddle then too much. Im my own worse critic without others adding their opinion xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don't comment on others parenting put parents feel the need to force their opinion about my child free life on me on an almost weekly basis .

Don't get me wrong, some parents are great people but some think that managing to reproduce gives them some sort of higher opinion on everything. There's a reason there's a meme going around of people saying "as a parent" before an opinion that isn't even remotely related to parenting. "

a third of opinions fell out with each baby, luckily we only have two

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hugs to you lovely lady, im an older mother, im 50 and my youngest in 10. I always feel like a bad parent, but more so now as im working and my kids are home from school on xbox and Im feeling I should be doing more with them but after work im knackered. Ive often been told I molliecoddle then too much. Im my own worse critic without others adding their opinion xx"

we were often told we were over protective. Eventually I used to reply that I thought they were under protective

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"I could go on a huge fuck off rant but fab totally isn’t the place for it (I use my insta-blog type thing for that) "

Isn't that what mumsnet all about?

Liverpool

"I don't comment on others parenting put parents feel the need to force their opinion about my child free life on me on an almost weekly basis .

Don't get me wrong, some parents are great people but some think that managing to reproduce gives them some sort of higher opinion on everything. There's a reason there's a meme going around of people saying "as a parent" before an opinion that isn't even remotely related to parenting.

a third of opinions fell out with each baby, luckily we only have two "

Haha!!

I don't pretend I can parent,as I have no kids. I do however have an 82 year old with vascular dimentia so it is a little similar

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Was the advice asked for or unsolicited ?

Hugs to parents doing their best.

"Hugs to you lovely lady, im an older mother, im 50 and my youngest in 10. I always feel like a bad parent, but more so now as im working and my kids are home from school on xbox and Im feeling I should be doing more with them but after work im knackered. Ive often been told I molliecoddle then too much. Im my own worse critic without others adding their opinion xx

we were often told we were over protective. Eventually I used to reply that I thought they were under protective "

Im constantly told that too. I always wondered if it was because im an older mother or if its just my nature. Xx

On a mooch

"Was the advice asked for or unsolicited ?"

It’s normally unsolicited

Sometimes they have a point.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hugs to you lovely lady, im an older mother, im 50 and my youngest in 10. I always feel like a bad parent, but more so now as im working and my kids are home from school on xbox and Im feeling I should be doing more with them but after work im knackered. Ive often been told I molliecoddle then too much. Im my own worse critic without others adding their opinion xx

we were often told we were over protective. Eventually I used to reply that I thought they were under protective

Im constantly told that too. I always wondered if it was because im an older mother or if its just my nature. Xx"

its because you are bringing up your children in the way that you think is best.

I think there's a difference between a general opinion and specific criticism.

I found other mothers were the worst for specific criticism

By *izzie and VictorCouple  over a year ago

worcestershire

Seems everyone has an opinion when it comes to parenting and I expect every parent doubts them self even in “normal” situations.

Like with anything, if you have an opinion and can be constructive and prepared to back it up, go ahead. If any of that is a stretch for you, then keep it to yourself.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

We have just become parents so we’re officially allowed an opinion (at last) . not that we know anything yet because it’s only been six weeks, but when we know stuff I’ll come back and tell you all how it’s done

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"We have just become parents so we’re officially allowed an opinion (at last) . not that we know anything yet because it’s only been six weeks, but when we know stuff I’ll come back and tell you all how it’s done "

No one ever 'knows' ....... each day is a new experience....... substitute day for hour......

You will NEVER know.

Okay ........ take it from one who knows.

Liverpool

Im constantly told that too. I always wondered if it was because im an older mother or if its just my nature. Xx

its because you are bringing up your children in the way that you think is best.

I found other mothers were the worst for specific criticism "

I think sometimes people find others doing things vastly different to themselves as some sort of affront to the way they do things and therefore feel the need to attack it. That oftens seems to be the case when I get unsolicited negativity towards my choice to not have children or my non-monogamous relationships. People seem to take my choices as some sort of criticism of their choice to have children or be monogamous when its nothing of the sort, its just the decision that is best for me.

I found other mothers were the worst for specific criticism "

Ibe seen youngers mothers ar the school letting their kids run down the road with cars coming, My youngest walks right by me where I know hes safe. Its things like that. Seeing some 7 yr olds roams the streets at night. Its times like that I think am I over protective. Im proud of my sons but just hope then they grow up they will day ive been a good parent xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think sometimes people find others doing things vastly different to themselves as some sort of affront to the way they do things and therefore feel the need to attack it. That oftens seems to be the case when I get unsolicited negativity towards my choice to not have children or my non-monogamous relationships. People seem to take my choices as some sort of criticism of their choice to have children or be monogamous when its nothing of the sort, its just the decision that is best for me."

I agree

"Are always those who are not parents yet lol.

Espescially during a very stressfull time for them right now where most probably already feel like they are failing in some way x

((Hugs to parents doing their best)) "

True story.

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes is good x wether they a parent or not

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"I don't pretend I can parent,as I have no kids. I do however have an 82 year old with vascular dimentia so it is a little similar "

Totally different my lovely. I’m a mum to 3 kids and I take care of my own lovely mum. Both jobs are done with love but they’re polar opposites.

I do a lot for my kids and encourage them to try to do things for themselves - knowing that one day they’ll fly the best and (hopefully) be lovely, capable adults.

With my mum I do things for her - but know that each week/month she can do a little less - and rather than preparing her to fly the nest - I’m making her as comfortable as I can and preparing myself for life without her. It’s rewarding and heartbreaking at the same time - and I feel for you my lovely! Xx

Haha awesome xxxxx

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

I think sometimes people find others doing things vastly different to themselves as some sort of affront to the way they do things and therefore feel the need to attack it. That oftens seems to be the case when I get unsolicited negativity towards my choice to not have children or my non-monogamous relationships. People seem to take my choices as some sort of criticism of their choice to have children or be monogamous when its nothing of the sort, its just the decision that is best for me."

Lacey - I dearly wish that everyone who didn’t very much want children would be brave enough not to have them. If they didn’t there’d be more happy adults and less unhappy, uncared for children.

I have nothing but respect for people who make a conscious decision not to have children. X

Hugs to all the parents

Xxx

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Parents doing their best. Even if your ways are the polar opposite to mine I still salute you!

Parenting right now is pretty tough. For many, especially us single parents, there's alot to juggle and manage. Judgement is never welcome x

Oh yes.

Armchair drs, virologists, politicians, police officers and parents.

Unless you have walked in somebody’s shoes then don’t judge them or their choices.

There is no right or wrong way to parent, as long as those children are loved and cared and provided for.

By *elshyXOMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Unless youre the kind of parent who uses a half hour car journey as an “eye test”

Nothing wrong with listening to advice and ideas but at then end of the day we all have to do what’s right for your family and no one else’s

» Add a new message to this topic