FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I want to explore my dom side...

I want to explore my dom side...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey gang, the thought of being a dom is extremely appealing and sexually exciting for me but I've never had the opportunity to explore that side.

With the amount of experience on here I would be fascinated to hear any advice, tips, websites etc you could share, just so I don't embarrass myself and make sure that any sub that gets involved with me gets the best experience possible out of the encounter

Thanks very much in advance...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I cannot help you OP but I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some people get irate and say that being Dom is innate- as in people are born that way. Ignore them.

Talk to your partner and discuss what you and they enjoy or would like to try.

Look up bondage safety if you're going to try that. Check you aren't cutting off blood flow. Always keep scissors/ something that you can use to release them quickly if you have to.

Most importantly, both of you should enjoy it and have fun.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Unfortunately not something you can do at the moment but there's workshops you can attend. I took lessons in flogging and caning from a wonderful and experienced pro Domme. I learnt so much!

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

With respect to Lacey Red, if you are on Zoom and on the site that can't be mentioned, there are links to livestream workshops going on. The more touchy feely workshops are being hosted by the American Kinksters so if you are willing to stay up late there is education to be found.

In terms of skills 3 weeks ago I watched a livestream on whip throwing and essentials, a UK/US joint effort.

I think the people who say you have to be a natural dom and being dominant can't be learnt confuse three aspects.

The first is the difference between being "assertive/domineering" and being a modern dominant.

The second is getting educated about a practice that you wish to embark upon. Getting educated on a subject hurts no-one apart from the ignorant who may have to challenge their prejudices.

Thirdly as well learning about a subject there is learning how to do it in the best way or better. There are a shed load of books out there on the subject of domination and I have referred in another thread where to browse these.

At the end of day there are various styles of domination and topping. One style is not better than the other, it is finding what suits you and ensuring that the sub knows what they are getting and the sub knows there is a choice of styles and there is not one true way.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"With respect to Lacey Red, if you are on Zoom and on the site that can't be mentioned, there are links to livestream workshops going on. The more touchy feely workshops are being hosted by the American Kinksters so if you are willing to stay up late there is education to be found.

In terms of skills 3 weeks ago I watched a livestream on whip throwing and essentials, a UK/US joint effort.

I think the people who say you have to be a natural dom and being dominant can't be learnt confuse three aspects.

The first is the difference between being "assertive/domineering" and being a modern dominant.

The second is getting educated about a practice that you wish to embark upon. Getting educated on a subject hurts no-one apart from the ignorant who may have to challenge their prejudices.

Thirdly as well learning about a subject there is learning how to do it in the best way or better. There are a shed load of books out there on the subject of domination and I have referred in another thread where to browse these.

At the end of day there are various styles of domination and topping. One style is not better than the other, it is finding what suits you and ensuring that the sub knows what they are getting and the sub knows there is a choice of styles and there is not one true way.

"

Old Native American saying.

“You can dream about hunting bison, you can talk about hunting bison, until you have hunted bison you know nothing”.

Have a stunning journey OP.

» Add a new message to this topic