FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Retail shopping

Retail shopping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Good news that retail shops are opening soon , staff getting paid & businesses can again put money in the tills . But would you say it will be a bit of a chore , enjoyment of Clothes shopping will not be the same ? You’ll have to line up & wait to be called in ,follow a one way system & lead to believe we’re not allowed to touch , changing rooms will be closed

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Clothes shopping has never been fun

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

I’m 100% sure rules won’t apply to most when they get in...

"Clothes shopping has never been fun "

For some it’s not

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

I do alot online so nothing changed it's not for me walking round shops allday

I cant wait for shops to be open.

It's going to be annoying standing in queues etc .. but going on bike rides and pointless walks is starting to BORE ME TO FUCKING DEATH!

I predict angry people

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Changing rooms being closed will be a pain. I will just make do with what i have.

Doesn't make much difference to me, I much prefer online shopping.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Yes, it won't be a good experience. If you buy something and when you try it at home, it's not right, I doubt you can return it, as you may have contaminated it.

I want homeware shops to be open.

I'm not bothered about clothes etc ..

I moved house in December and haven't had much of a chance to browse for stuff.

I'm not keen on online shopping - I want to see it first.

"Yes, it won't be a good experience. If you buy something and when you try it at home, it's not right, I doubt you can return it, as you may have contaminated it."

Ugh! Good point.

I always try things on, my lumpy shape is terrible and clothes sizes vary even within the same shops. No new shell suits for me.

chelmsford

"Yes, it won't be a good experience. If you buy something and when you try it at home, it's not right, I doubt you can return it, as you may have contaminated it.

Ugh! Good point.

I always try things on, my lumpy shape is terrible and clothes sizes vary even within the same shops. No new shell suits for me. "

Yes sizes vary so much, I wouldn't buy anything without trying it first. I get the homeware shops, I like Dunelms for bedding etc

"Yes, it won't be a good experience. If you buy something and when you try it at home, it's not right, I doubt you can return it, as you may have contaminated it."

Very good point , I like to try several items on ie mix & match from different concessions

chelmsford

"Yes, it won't be a good experience. If you buy something and when you try it at home, it's not right, I doubt you can return it, as you may have contaminated it.

Very good point , I like to try several items on ie mix & match from different concessions "

Yes, I do that also you can't be measured for a bra at M&S but they will give you instructions on line

Very good point , I like to try several items on ie mix & match from different concessions

Yes, I do that also you can't be measured for a bra at M&S but they will give you instructions on line "

Yes I did see that info too , think we’ll have to make due until everything has returned to normal

chelmsford

Yes, I do that also you can't be measured for a bra at M&S but they will give you instructions on line

Yes I did see that info too , think we’ll have to make due until everything has returned to normal "

Think we will, it's no hardship

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I’ve never liked shopping and will stick to online shopping from the stores I know.

Mostly looking forward to the bike shop being open and get my lad his new bike

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I don't think shopping will be the same - a lot of retail purchases are now made online and I think that will carry on. I don't think there'll be that leisurely browsing around that used to go on - where you'd pop into a few shops just to have a look and see what's there.

Apart from maybe the odd item or two, I'm going to stick to online purchasing.

[Removed by poster at 27/05/20 11:07:13]

I’m not a big clothes shopper at all but love meeting up with female friends, having a drink or two and then checking a few shops out. That should still be doable, just have to get take out drinks

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I know, Charity shops get so crowded.

"Good news that retail shops are opening soon , staff getting paid & businesses can again put money in the tills . But would you say it will be a bit of a chore , enjoyment of Clothes shopping will not be the same ? You’ll have to line up & wait to be called in ,follow a one way system & lead to believe we’re not allowed to touch , changing rooms will be closed "

They will make you queue outside to make it look like they're doing something once you get inside it be like in the supermarket free-for-all do what you want

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I can wait for clothes shopping to go back to some normality, my first proper purchase will be a cooker, we moved in 2 days before lockdown so have been making do, but I need to touch test it before I buy one

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Hopefully people will plan more what they will buy but not holding my breath.

Yeah it will definitely be a chore now. I'll avoid it as much as I need to and stick to online shopping.

I can't even begin to imagine the queues for places like Primark that are usually chaos. I feel awful for people who work in retail. It's bad enough just on a standard day, nevermind reopening after all this time and throwing Covid and strict guidelines into the mix!

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I’m with you on that one I won’t be going anytime soon.

By *nogs and SpanksWoman  over a year ago

Herts/Beds border

I don't actually like shopping. But I'm really looking forward to the pubs opening again.

» Add a new message to this topic