FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A broken veggie.

A broken veggie.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Three threads in one day? Shitting hell. Sorry but I’m so angry I just needed to get it written down.

So I’ve been veggie for four years, coming up to five and I’ve just been given the wrong thing at a shop and accidentally eaten some fish and I feel so terrible and I also feel so angry. They were lovely in the shop when I went back and replaced it which just makes me frustrated because I’m still angry and I’m still upset. Anyone ever had this or something similar happen re: dietary requirements?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Three threads in one day? Shitting hell. Sorry but I’m so angry I just needed to get it written down.

So I’ve been veggie for four years, coming up to five and I’ve just been given the wrong thing at a shop and accidentally eaten some fish and I feel so terrible and I also feel so angry. They were lovely in the shop when I went back and replaced it which just makes me frustrated because I’m still angry and I’m still upset. Anyone ever had this or something similar happen re: dietary requirements?

"

You should not be angry xx

Needless negative emotion

Solves zero here

Not going into detail but I have accidentally drank my own urine

I laughed

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I thought vegetarians ate fish

and vegans didn't

"I thought vegetarians ate fish

and vegans didn't"

Isn't that pescatarian?

probably

they are always coming up with new names for this stuff

Im annoyed for you. When you avoid certain food for as long as you have, you really do feel the difference when you eat it.

Write a proper complaint in to the company. Sing the praises of the staff that helped you, but express your anger & dissapointment at the situation - there may be further training that could prevent things like this happening if only the higher ups are aware of the issue.

Guzzle loads of water & green tea to detox!

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

and vegans didn't"

Vegetarians eat no meat or fish, vegans eat no animal related foods, including dairy.

"Three threads in one day? Shitting hell. Sorry but I’m so angry I just needed to get it written down.

You should not be angry xx

Needless negative emotion

Solves zero here

Not going into detail but I have accidentally drank my own urine

I laughed

"

I laughed too so thanks for that

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

and vegans didn't

Isn't that pescatarian?"

It is indeed.

It happens unfortunately. You didn't make that choice yourself to eat the fish so don't waste energy being angry over it. And hopefully the shop will have learnt to be a little more thorough when checking orders in the future.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"It happens unfortunately. You didn't make that choice yourself to eat the fish so don't waste energy being angry over it. And hopefully the shop will have learnt to be a little more thorough when checking orders in the future. "

"Im annoyed for you. When you avoid certain food for as long as you have, you really do feel the difference when you eat it.

Write a proper complaint in to the company. Sing the praises of the staff that helped you, but express your anger & dissapointment at the situation - there may be further training that could prevent things like this happening if only the higher ups are aware of the issue.

Guzzle loads of water & green tea to detox! "

I feel bad because it’s a small local business. I was so excited when they reopened and today I thought I’d go in and get something. I spoke to the owner, he was lovely. I just hate that there’s nothing I can do about it.

Good call on the tea! I’m off to do it now

and vegans didn't

Vegetarians eat no meat or fish, vegans eat no animal related foods, including dairy. "

Basically.

"It happens unfortunately. You didn't make that choice yourself to eat the fish so don't waste energy being angry over it. And hopefully the shop will have learnt to be a little more thorough when checking orders in the future. "

Yeah, you guys have called me down. The Natashas to my Hulk. Lmao. No but seriously yeah, nothing I can do about it now

By *ulahlollipopWoman  over a year ago

Reading/London

"

It’s devastating when it happens, and so unfair, but you didn’t do anything wrong- you bought the item in good faith. If you really want to redress the balance go vegan for the rest of the week And before anybody jumps on me for that comment it’s just a little joke between me and my pre-gan buddy here xxx

"It happens unfortunately. You didn't make that choice yourself to eat the fish so don't waste energy being angry over it. And hopefully the shop will have learnt to be a little more thorough when checking orders in the future.

Yeah, you guys have called me down. The Natashas to my Hulk. Lmao. No but seriously yeah, nothing I can do about it now "

Natasha RIP

It’s devastating when it happens, and so unfair, but you didn’t do anything wrong- you bought the item in good faith. If you really want to redress the balance go vegan for the rest of the week And before anybody jumps on me for that comment it’s just a little joke between me and my pre-gan buddy here xxx"

This is the push I needed! I’m doing it, and don’t the rest of you try and stop me! Thanks Lulah

Also yeah, - you’re not one of THOSE vegans

"It happens unfortunately. You didn't make that choice yourself to eat the fish so don't waste energy being angry over it. And hopefully the shop will have learnt to be a little more thorough when checking orders in the future.

Yeah, you guys have called me down. The Natashas to my Hulk. Lmao. No but seriously yeah, nothing I can do about it now

Natasha RIP "

Should say calmed. But yes rip Nat. Excited for her film. Not happy it’s delayed.

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

"

It’s normal to get frustrated and angry but it’s not your fault. Try to not think and move on... otherwise thoughts will eat you up

BunnyLand

It’s devastating when it happens, and so unfair, but you didn’t do anything wrong- you bought the item in good faith. If you really want to redress the balance go vegan for the rest of the week And before anybody jumps on me for that comment it’s just a little joke between me and my pre-gan buddy here xxx"

I support this balancing system

It’s normal to get frustrated and angry but it’s not your fault. Try to not think and move on... otherwise thoughts will eat you up "

I hope my thoughts would be veggie but I guess that part of them died with the fishy mistake.

"Im annoyed for you. When you avoid certain food for as long as you have, you really do feel the difference when you eat it.

I feel bad because it’s a small local business. I was so excited when they reopened and today I thought I’d go in and get something. I spoke to the owner, he was lovely. I just hate that there’s nothing I can do about it.

Good call on the tea! I’m off to do it now "

Ahhh you've already gone to the top so thats good.... with it being a wee local business they should hopefully rem_mber you & go out thier way to get it right going forward!

I've worked with food for years & fuck ups like that should NOT happen. You don't mess up customers grub because they may have allergies or strict religious beliefs! It was my job to train staff in food safety & health & safety....mix ups like you experienced we're always treated very seriously by me!

BunnyLand

"

It’s normal to get frustrated and angry but it’s not your fault. Try to not think and move on... otherwise thoughts will eat you up

I hope my thoughts would be veggie but I guess that part of them died with the fishy mistake. "

Rise from your ashes like a phoenix

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Give yourself a break. You still follow a way of living you made a conscious choice for. The fact you cannot say "I've not eaten X for 4 years" is not why you do it. Your principles are still intact in the same way they would be if you ate it and DIDN'T find out. Forget it and move on.

By *ax_uk_2009Man  over a year ago

Wilmslow

and vegans didn't

Isn't that pescatarian?"

Isn’t that a religion.

Sorry my bad that’s Presbyterian.

Good call on the tea! I’m off to do it now

Ahhh you've already gone to the top so thats good.... with it being a wee local business they should hopefully rem_mber you & go out thier way to get it right going forward!

I've worked with food for years & fuck ups like that should NOT happen. You don't mess up customers grub because they may have allergies or strict religious beliefs! It was my job to train staff in food safety & health & safety....mix ups like you experienced we're always treated very seriously by me!

"

As it should be. At least you were doing that, I just wish they’d had your training before I went in there today lol. But dietary requirements are so important I think that’s why I’m upset but it is what it is I guess

"Give yourself a break. You still follow a way of living you made a conscious choice for. The fact you cannot say "I've not eaten X for 4 years" is not why you do it. Your principles are still intact in the same way they would be if you ate it and DIDN'T find out. Forget it and move on. "

You’re right. Appreciate it.

By *heaspieswingerMan  over a year ago

Peak District

"

Wait until your a vegan dude...

Then you’ll wander around reading labels, screaming “Why the fuck does this have milk in it?!?!” like we do

By *heaspieswingerMan  over a year ago

Peak District

and vegans didn't

Isn't that pescatarian?"

That is correct

Pescatarian = no meat, but still eat fish

Vegetarians = no flesh from any animals

Vegans = no animal products whatsoever

By *ulahlollipopWoman  over a year ago

Reading/London

Then you’ll wander around reading labels, screaming “Why the fuck does this have milk in it?!?!” like we do "

True story

Then you’ll wander around reading labels, screaming “Why the fuck does this have milk in it?!?!” like we do "

No but why does everything have milk in it???

And I bought a vegan burger from KFC a few months back and they told me I can’t have chips with it because the chips weren’t vegan and I straight up asked ‘why the fuck not??????’

I think I’m going to go vegan though, I’ve wanted to. This is just part of my Villain origin story. I mean vegan origin story.

"

It's bad that this happened but as a coeliac that was once given a dish containing gluten and ate it unknowingly be thankful you were not seriously ill as I was..

I suppose its an unfortunate side affect of purchasing food that we have not prepared ourselves.

Glad you feel better now. X

Did you chose it ? No

Did you finish it when you realised? I guess no.

Were you addicted to meat/fish and had to give up? No. So you wont be going back to it because of one or few clueless bites.

It's fine. Probably genuine mistake and nothing to beat yourself up or them about it. It doesnt change your years of different and conscious choices about food.

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Like being a diabetic to many carbs and fucking sugar

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

OP don't sweat it. I've been vegi for 31 years and these things happen now and again.

I'd be annoyed if someone did it wilfully but if it's an accident then don't sweat it especially if they apologised.

It wasn't your fault, it has in no way compromised your ethics.

Thank you all for the reassurance. I appreciate you guys and your validation. Just gotta laugh and keep it steppin.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Its not something that youre allergic to.

So just move on.

» Add a new message to this topic