FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Photo theft

Photo theft

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So it’s becoming obvious that many of our images are stolen and used on fake profiles on this and other sites. We’ve tried watermarking but FAB refuses to accept these as they “are not the originals”?

We’ve taken every single image ourselves, why aren’t we all allowed to protect our property on the site?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Loads of watermarked photos on here though?

"Loads of watermarked photos on here though? "

Exactly!?! Makes no sense but we’re going to remove all images if they keep refusing watermarks.

I wonder if you can watermark at the time of capture? Then the filters may not flag a modified image?

"Loads of watermarked photos on here though?

Exactly!?! Makes no sense but we’re going to remove all images if they keep refusing watermarks."

Yep, can't see the issue with using them but there you go. Not much makes sense nowadays it seems ...

Seems if you plaster bold and obvious text it’s fine but no semi opaque text, pointless rule and not helpful when trying to protect personal property.

I had a picture removed for a watermark cos I used the pic collage app and it said pic collage on the bottom! They gave the pic back to me but the watermark thing should be for pictures that have obviously been ripped from an internet site.

If you can see that the watermark or writing is the same as the profile username then it’s obvious that person has put the mark on the picture themselves.

"Seems if you plaster bold and obvious text it’s fine but no semi opaque text, pointless rule and not helpful when trying to protect personal property."

Ahh. That's how it works.

So you cant watermark an image but you can write "fab for a fuck" on it?

Wouldn't somebody else be able to slap their watermark over your watermark?

"Seems if you plaster bold and obvious text it’s fine but no semi opaque text, pointless rule and not helpful when trying to protect personal property."

The bold and obvious text is best though. I put it across my body, so it’s harder to get rid of. I’ve had my photos stolen as well

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

if fab thinks the water mark is from another site they’ll drop it. Tonnes of folk have them, opaque and bold.

Just try different designs until it works don’t know if they have rules about water marks other than none from other sites.

"So you cant watermark an image but you can write "fab for a fuck" on it?"

Haha yup

"I had a picture removed for a watermark cos I used the pic collage app and it said pic collage on the bottom! They gave the pic back to me but the watermark thing should be for pictures that have obviously been ripped from an internet site.

If you can see that the watermark or writing is the same as the profile username then it’s obvious that person has put the mark on the picture themselves. "

I guess they don’t want to advertise other companies logos but still, just daft

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Yeah i had people stealing my photos so i just put my name on mine

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

"Loads of watermarked photos on here though?

Exactly!?! Makes no sense but we’re going to remove all images if they keep refusing watermarks."

I occasionally have pictures rejected for that reason even though I watermark all of them. I just give it five minutes, upload it again and usually goes through.

I reported a female profile the other day for using a faceless photo stolen from Pinterest (it was the only picture on the profile as well).

I messaged said profile owner telling them what I'd done and that they were a sad individual (highly likely it was a guy trolling or wanting pics for his wank bank). The cheeky sod had the nerve to reply telling me that "ok it wasn't me, but she has a body that's very similar to mine which is why I used it" and then proceeded to tell me to get a life.

Doubt the profile has been removed either, probably just the usual block both parties from viewing each other nonsense.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We use BeFunky for our watermarks & never had a problem with uploading pics

J x

I can only assume it depends on the individual moderator who goes to approve the pic...as with most things there are bound to be one or two traffic warden types who are over zealous because it’s an opportunity to feel self important

Must have upset a mod as now they’re being refused because they look like a screenshot?!?’ These are our original photos haha, what a loser-its the same photo you’ve already allowed in our gallery!!!!

» Add a new message to this topic