FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Loneliness

Loneliness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *went OP   Man  over a year ago

blackpool

During lockdown spent a lot of time by myself and have sometimes enjoyed but sometimes felt very lonely.

Just wanted some suggestions once lock down is over of groups and hobbies to do to meet new people.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's difficult isn't it.

Are you interested in photography at all, there are quite a few amateur photography clubs.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"During lockdown spent a lot of time by myself and have sometimes enjoyed but sometimes felt very lonely.

Just wanted some suggestions once lock down is over of groups and hobbies to do to meet new people. "

Hard to offer suggestions without knowing you or your interest really.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's difficult isn't it.

Are you interested in photography at all, there are quite a few amateur photography clubs.

"

That was a nice way of saying present yourself better.

(Your public photo)

Also it's long gone 2017...and you mention loneliness? You been M.I.A?

blackpool

"During lockdown spent a lot of time by myself and have sometimes enjoyed but sometimes felt very lonely.

Just wanted some suggestions once lock down is over of groups and hobbies to do to meet new people.

Hard to offer suggestions without knowing you or your interest really.

"

I play a few sports. And bike ride.

Dance classes OP or any local group sports?

Isolating on your on is certainly a challenge! As youve said, good days and bad days. Making plans to be more social after lockdown is a positive thing.

I know how you feel OP.

I also spend a lot of time on my own - but there are many things I enjoy doing like cycling.

I prefer to do it alone- but there are clubs out there to join.

Think about what you like doing and see if there are others that enjoy it too.

At 2 metres apart obvs

blackpool

"

That’s never really done much photography, besides the family pictures but open to all suggestions.

blackpool

(Your public photo)

"

What does MIA mean sorry?

I’ve found cycling to be my saviour, agreed it’s not for everyone, But it’s got me out the house and in the fresh air, been good for my mental health and goals to try and achieve.......

I live alone and although I have been working, it’s when you get home and your restricted to the four walls it’s certainly tough.

Until you live alone you do t realise how much you interact with a partner, even if you you think you don’t, it’s amazing what you do.

Find and interest and go for it

blackpool

Dancing could be good, I have no co ordination. So would need a very patient dance partner.

blackpool

"I’ve found cycling to be my saviour, agreed it’s not for everyone, But it’s got me out the house and in the fresh air, been good for my mental health and goals to try and achieve.......

I live alone and although I have been working, it’s when you get home and your restricted to the four walls it’s certainly tough.

Until you live alone you do t realise how much you interact with a partner, even if you you think you don’t, it’s amazing what you do.

Find and interest and go for it "

Thanks do a lot of things by myself like biking and walks.

Love when having my kids but then they go back to their mums and I think that is when it hits me most.

(Your public photo)

What does MIA mean sorry?"

Missing in Action.

(Your public photo)

Missing in Action."

I'm glad to see your having some nice chats.

You take care and good luck.

I hope you find something, OP. sending you love and strength.

blackpool

(Your public photo)

Missing in Action. I'm glad to see your having some nice chats.

You take care and good luck."

Thanks much appreciated.

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

"I’ve found cycling to be my saviour, agreed it’s not for everyone, But it’s got me out the house and in the fresh air, been good for my mental health and goals to try and achieve.......

Find and interest and go for it

Thanks do a lot of things by myself like biking and walks.

Love when having my kids but then they go back to their mums and I think that is when it hits me most. "

My situation. I need time on my own to be Gemma which is a bit selfish but I don't half miss them when they're not with me. I've done lots of walking & managed to keep working throughout as it's not so bad over here as in the uk. I gets me most late at night going to bed & waking up to an empty house & often results in a few tears.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Have a look online for social groups in your area. Think about what you may enjoy doing and try and find something along those lines.

Loneliness is a dreadful feeling.

Hope you soon start to feel brighter.

blackpool

I have been working a lot as well to keep

me busy, sometimes you need adult interaction outside work.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Also could you possibly look at volunteering for a charity, or a help group for the homeless, the blind, help the aged etc etc. Even a couple of hours a week would get you mixing with other people.

Just a thought.

blackpool

[Removed by poster at 25/05/20 22:32:33]

blackpool

Thanks do some charity volunteering already. Great idea though. ??

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Blackpool is a great community and in more normal times there are lots of places to join up. Archery clubs, beach clean teams, poetry nights, ice skating socials, am dram theatre, roller derby, cinema club to name a few - all have Facebook groups you can join and chat whilst waiting for the next get together.

I miss the community terribly! I hope things get brighter for you op.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Search for an app called ‘meet up’ it’ll bring up clubs in your area. Can be as simple as Cinema clubs (I joined) to Walking clubs, worth looking at

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Just wanted some suggestions once lock down is over of groups and hobbies to do to meet new people. "

. I am a member of 7-8 London meet up groups but only use a local one to me they do drinks , meal , cinema nights , tribute bands , live music.Your profile says you are located in Blackpool it maybe worth doing a google search as apart from what I have mentioned there are dinner and dance , books , walks and various other type of group which maybe of interest to you.

blackpool

"Search for an app called ‘meet up’ it’ll bring up clubs in your area. Can be as simple as Cinema clubs (I joined) to Walking clubs, worth looking at "

Thanks just had a look around on the meet up group. Signed up to the easy peezy quiz tomorrow.

Thanks all much appreciated all the messages. Take care and stay safe. ??

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Can be a difficult time as you get into your 40s, figuring what you want next when kids and careers have kept you busy for so long. Find your passions, have a midlife crisis or two, throw out the rule book and the slippers!

Like I said on a on another post on here I was going through mental health issues last year ear and that's where I stayed in my home for 16 weeks yes I went out and about I always came back to an empty flat during this lockdown luckily for me I have been able to go to work at night but still coming home to an empty flat in the day if you've got people around you that are willing to help speak to them don't push them away

blackpool

"Like I said on a on another post on here I was going through mental health issues last year ear and that's where I stayed in my home for 16 weeks yes I went out and about I always came back to an empty flat during this lockdown luckily for me I have been able to go to work at night but still coming home to an empty flat in the day if you've got people around you that are willing to help speak to them don't push them away"

Sound advice to keep the demons away.

You take care as well.

I feel I have Had more problems in the world than anyone can imagine.

» Add a new message to this topic