FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > a review of Barnard castle

a review of Barnard castle

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eavenNhell OP   Couple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

5****

Wonderful place, lovely and obliging yokels.

Always wanted to go to Barnard Castle so we decided to visit family in Co Durham. Managed to get away from work - luckily my co-worker never pays much attention to anything (bit of a busy period) but he did say he'd hold the fort until I got back.

Surprise - the M1 was really empty with no peasants on the road so managed to do a ton and a half! Got there in on time apart from several refills - thirsty devils these Landrovers. The journey could have been more pleasant apart from we both had coughs - and managed to cough over a police officer who had the cheek to ask us where we were from! Anyway he didn't seem to mind once we'd explained - these rural plods know their place.

Anyway - Barnard Castle. Lovely place to visit except everything was closed, included SpecSavers, as I needed a fifth pair of glasses. Don't these people ever work? I must tell my co-worker to do something about these people. Aside from that the Bluebell woods were lovely, as they should be at this time of year. A few people were walking their dogs - one man was coughing so badly I almost felt sorry for him. I soon told him that his place was at home and recommended the best cure - Remy Martin Louis VIII Cognac - a bargain at £22,000 from Fortnum and Masons - he muttered something in an obscure dialect that I can only assume was gratitude. What can't they speak properly here? Lovely people though when all's been said.

So.. heho.. think we might do the Lake District next. Apparently the locals aren't so keen on visitors but they'll soon change their mind when I speak to them.

D. Cummings, Esq., London.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

I believe SpecSavers in Kendal are open for emergency appointments tomorrow.

It is only 45 miles and although my vision is very blurred, if I can do Kendal, I'll be good for Newquay on Friday.

Beach Party anyone?

Longridge

Least he was 'responsible' and 'caring' enough to sit by the river.

Give him some credit..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Least he was 'responsible' and 'caring' enough to sit by the river.

Give him some credit.."

Actually it was a stream but cos he had double vision he thought it was a river.

Longridge

Too funny..

Looked like the river Delta to pozzy boy.

» Add a new message to this topic