FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do you tell someone you've changed your mind?

How do you tell someone you've changed your mind?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm curious to know how other people on here go about ending a conversation/message thread with someone. For example, been messaging back and forth for a day or two trying to gauge if things would go well/enough chemistry etc. Say they come out with a very strange comment/something to put you off completely. How would you tell them it's a no, or would you just stop chatting and block etc

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If I know for sure I just say why straight away. Usually lost people have been fine with it

Delete & block...

I’ll get over it eventually

Tell them they’re simply not doing it for me...

Just ignore and then if they pester, block

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

Just say ,

Sorry not what I’m looking for

"I'm curious to know how other people on here go about ending a conversation/message thread with someone. For example, been messaging back and forth for a day or two trying to gauge if things would go well/enough chemistry etc. Say they come out with a very strange comment/something to put you off completely. How would you tell them it's a no, or would you just stop chatting and block etc"
awwwww what did i say damnit

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Tell them the truth, if they get nasty you can always block them

"Just ignore and then if they pester, block"

This tends to be my strategy. I get put off pretty easily and quickly so I don't feel bad about it

If you haven't arranged a meet / date, then you don't really owe them anything. If you've arranged a date then changed your mind then it's polite to say thanks but no thanks, but you still don't owe them a reason.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Just ignore and then if they pester, block

This tends to be my strategy. I get put off pretty easily and quickly so I don't feel bad about it "

This is me completely. I tend to form connections fast but I also lose them even quicker. One off remark and they're a gonner, I just wasn't sure if there was a nicer way around it other than ignore

What would you like someone to say to you OP if they changed their mind?

By *ugRollersCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

I told someone earlier that I don’t think we are what they want as they are after a single bloke really I was like eh hello this whole time I’ve been thinking they are wanting a couple ... but they still haven’t took the hint .... I know what you mean it’s hard to end something when you’ve been chatting a while. I am getting better at not being as soft now though lol

By *ensual-dominant-passionMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Just block them... if I was talking to a women and she blocked me after two days... I wouldn’t care simples all I can say is just be careful what you send to random people i.e your pics/ nude and personal pics etc they could be a pic collector after all....

This tends to be my strategy. I get put off pretty easily and quickly so I don't feel bad about it "

Same x

I reckon most people just start ignoring. Judging by the amount of threads men do about being ignored anyway.

"What would you like someone to say to you OP if they changed their mind?"

Pretty shit that people are suggesting blocking or ghosting. Not at all surprised though!

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Just ignore and if they insisted i would block

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I just let them look at my pics...

Works every time

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

This tends to be my strategy. I get put off pretty easily and quickly so I don't feel bad about it

This is me completely. I tend to form connections fast but I also lose them even quicker. One off remark and they're a gonner, I just wasn't sure if there was a nicer way around it other than ignore"

You could always say ‘sorry but I’m just not feeling it’. I’ve used this a few times. If they pester then I block. Most take it ok though. Xx

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

'Ive appreciated your messages, but I'm letting you know Im not interested in taking things further. Bye x'

Then block so you can't see their response

It's really important to remember you owe nothing to anyone. It's good to be kind and decline with respect, especially if you've been chatting on a bit.

AND it's ok to have days where that's not the case.

By *addycool76Man  over a year ago

london

"I'm curious to know how other people on here go about ending a conversation/message thread with someone. For example, been messaging back and forth for a day or two trying to gauge if things would go well/enough chemistry etc. Say they come out with a very strange comment/something to put you off completely. How would you tell them it's a no, or would you just stop chatting and block etc"

Move country.

I would say something and then block

Be honest

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm just honest with them, I only block if they can't take the thanks but no thanks.

I’m struggling with this. Sometimes the chemistry seems there and then I see a face pic and lose interest.

Sounds harsh, but sometimes the body and chat doesn’t match the face.

depends how weird the thing he said was

if it was bad i would just block

if it wasn't that bad just tell the person that it put you off

How do they normally do it in Doncaster?

"I’m struggling with this. Sometimes the chemistry seems there and then I see a face pic and lose interest.

Sounds harsh, but sometimes the body and chat doesn’t match the face. "

Eeek if I sent a face pic and then someone ghosted or blocked me that would be scarring.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I’m struggling with this. Sometimes the chemistry seems there and then I see a face pic and lose interest.

Always ask for a face pic early on, it's less awkward. One of my private notes says 'face doesn't match the body' which is a real shame because it's a hot bod!!

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

This is me completely. I tend to form connections fast but I also lose them even quicker. One off remark and they're a gonner, I just wasn't sure if there was a nicer way around it other than ignore"

I can understand the temptation to simply ignore in the expectation (or hope) that they'll go away eventually, but that doesn't sound entirely considerate to me even if they've said something you don't like.

Two discourtesies don't make a right - it fosters unnecessary ambiguity (on both parts) and just lowers you to the same level... sorry to be so blunt but that's the truth of it.

At least send a polite and succinct 'no thanks' to make things crystal clear from that point on. If they persist then block and hold your head high.

That's because you are not focusing on biology!

I've been chatting with a lovely lady who I like, but unfortunately she is to far away and theres no chance of meeting for awhile.. So I said I would message her again sometime.

I couldn't think of anything else to say. Knowing me by the time I can meet her she will never see my message again lol that's the way it goes for me.

Well I was talking to a nice woman a couple of years ago we we pretty much left about 100 miles away from each other so I knew that there was only a slight chance of ever meeting up with her but she was always messaging messaging messaging messaging so I always thought there was a good chance but then she just finished a lot of people these days they will talk to you a lot of people now just block you instead of just saying hey it's not working out boom

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

I always say something! I find ghosting or ignorance very rude to be honest and its not nice to behave like that especially after you had few days of conversation. Simply say ,I don’t think I’m feeling your vibe and don’t want to waste much of your time either. sorry x

Sounds harsh, but sometimes the body and chat doesn’t match the face.

Eeek if I sent a face pic and then someone ghosted or blocked me that would be scarring. "

I don’t want to scar anyone!! So how would you have someone deal with that?

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

I usually look to see if I can find something that they cant argue with and also might not be offended by either and say that it's just not for me.

Wish them well and hope they find what they're looking for.

Its usually enough but if they do get shitty about it then you wont feel guilty for blocking them and you're perfectly in place to block them without any comebacks on you.

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

You tell them you have changed your mind! It's hardly rocket science. xx

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

I've changed my mind

"You tell them you have changed your mind! It's hardly rocket science. xx"

^ this.

I've done it plenty of times.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I always say something! I find ghosting or ignorance very rude to be honest and its not nice to behave like that especially after you had few days of conversation. Simply say ,I don’t think I’m feeling your vibe and don’t want to waste much of your time either. sorry x

"

This goes for me too.

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I wish people would just be amicable and say look I’m not interested thank you for your time

By *iss Penny TrationWoman  over a year ago

NW

"I wish people would just be amicable and say look I’m not interested thank you for your time"

be an adult and just say it how it is!

I had to tell someone they had poor hygiene. It was so embarrassing that I developed nervous laughter which was humiliating for us both. Sometimes a white lie is best.

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

"I wish people would just be amicable and say look I’m not interested thank you for your time

be an adult and just say it how it is! "

If only hey

By *iss Penny TrationWoman  over a year ago

NW

"I wish people would just be amicable and say look I’m not interested thank you for your time

be an adult and just say it how it is!

If only hey "

Why not ...?

Just tell me you’ve lost interest, normal people move on only weirdos start pestering you

By *ensual-dominant-passionMan  over a year ago

sheffield

I was talking to someone for a while once... we even met for a social.. we kissed just before we left... we then carried on talking, exchanged kik I.Ds and chatted on there.. sending intimate pictures etc.. and was going to arrange another meet but on that one day we were chatting.. then a few hours later I get a message with my profile picture sent to me with a message saying “that’s his profile”.. she had blocked me on kik and then on fab, clearly she was chatting to someone about me.. and had sent me my own picture by mistake..so I made a different profile to message her and ask why? Only because i found the whole process bizarre... She just all of a sudden cut me off.. she said it’s because it’s something you said when we were flirting and that put me off.. clearly this wasn’t the reason and to be honest I couldn’t care less.. I didn’t pursue anything further.. just left it at that. If she had told me this from the start.. well I would have said ok fair enough best of luck.

By *egalBeetleWoman  over a year ago

London

I just tend to use the phrase "I'm no longer feeling this" and pad it out.

Because its true... I've lost the feeling to peruse the person.

Sometimes I just use the slow fade, I'd give a reason if there has been rapport or I just stop if they really said something to piss me off.

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"'Ive appreciated your messages, but I'm letting you know Im not interested in taking things further. Bye x'

Then block so you can't see their response

It's really important to remember you owe nothing to anyone. It's good to be kind and decline with respect, especially if you've been chatting on a bit.

AND it's ok to have days where that's not the case. "

Exactly this, it's absolutely fine to change your mind, it's best to block, but mean to leave someone hanging.

If they seem pretty chill just say I've changed my mind.

If they seem like they might be a nutter just leave their next message on unread and block them if they message again. Or keep leaving their messages on read but don't block them if u wanna wind em up

I stop replying and ignore. If he's not thick, he will get the hint.

"I stop replying and ignore. If he's not thick, he will get the hint."
i tried but the draw was just too much

Just be open and honest and polite when doing so and most men will respect it and move on

"I stop replying and ignore. If he's not thick, he will get the hint.i tried but the draw was just too much "

Well you went to school with the fishes, what can I say

Ignore them and if they carry on sending messages, block

"I stop replying and ignore. If he's not thick, he will get the hint.i tried but the draw was just too much

Well you went to school with the fishes, what can I say "

true be bass in a minute

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

If things were looking promising and they then said something to put you off, then pick up on it. Ask them about it. It could well just be a misunderstanding!

If it's not then tell them they're not what you are looking for. Wish them well and move on. I'd give them a chance to respond and then eventually block so you dont exchange messages again, later down the line.

For me it depends,

People's moods can change daily so if they come out with something which makes me question meeting them I'll give them another chance but if they do/say something similar again I'll decline respectfully.

If they abuse me for that I'll see it as a lucky escape and move on

» Add a new message to this topic