FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Omg I'm an idiot!

Omg I'm an idiot!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I had a second stage interview last Friday (virtually) and the interviewer said he had a meeting with his director that afternoon to discuss but was fairly confident I'd advance. We tentatively agreed that if his director wanted to move me forward I'd have my final interview on Tuesday (as in tomorrow), having to get the interview process done ASAP as the job starts on 1st June and I'd have to be ready for the on boarding process by 28th May.

I didn't hear back from him on Friday which was okay as I assumed his meeting probably ran over and told myself I'd wait til today, even though the final stage interview involves giving a presentation on the programming language and CRM platform they use so I really would have thought he'd give me adequate time ie the weekend to prepare. By early afternoon I still hadn't heard anything so emailed the guy. When I didn't receive a reply a few hours later I decided to call him, but was cut off after a few rings. I gave it about 45 minutes and rang again, this time it rang out and went to answerphone.

I have now just realised it's Bank Holiday.

For about half a second I deliberated sending him another email to apologise for disturbing him at home but quickly decided against it as I'll probably come off even more of a pest!

Someone please put my mind at rest and tell me I haven't royally fucked up an amazing opportunity by being super annoying and impatient!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Nothing wrong with being keen

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don’t panic, he probably forgot about bank holiday too. Stay calm, everything happens for a reason xxx

Don’t panic!

It’s up to him to manage his work phone and either switch it off or to DND!

I would actually follow up with an email and just apologise for calling on a bank holiday, you just wanted a little clarity on tomorrow.

In all honesty, it would have been nicer if he’d shown some courtesy and got back to you on Friday to let you know one way or the other. I get that sometimes things fall through the net, but whoever overseas the onboarding process should have given you an update on whether they were progressing.

It's ok, you havent done anything wrong. Just being keen that's all. You are not the first person to forget about bank holidays.

Also if they cant see beyond to your potential they are not worth your time.

Be positive, it's all going to work out.

"I had a second stage interview last Friday (virtually) and the interviewer said he had a meeting with his director that afternoon to discuss but was fairly confident I'd advance. We tentatively agreed that if his director wanted to move me forward I'd have my final interview on Tuesday (as in tomorrow), having to get the interview process done ASAP as the job starts on 1st June and I'd have to be ready for the on boarding process by 28th May.

I didn't hear back from him on Friday which was okay as I assumed his meeting probably ran over and told myself I'd wait til today, even though the final stage interview involves giving a presentation on the programming language and CRM platform they use so I really would have thought he'd give me adequate time ie the weekend to prepare. By early afternoon I still hadn't heard anything so emailed the guy. When I didn't receive a reply a few hours later I decided to call him, but was cut off after a few rings. I gave it about 45 minutes and rang again, this time it rang out and went to answerphone.

I have now just realised it's Bank Holiday.

For about half a second I deliberated sending him another email to apologise for disturbing him at home but quickly decided against it as I'll probably come off even more of a pest!

Someone please put my mind at rest and tell me I haven't royally fucked up an amazing opportunity by being super annoying and impatient!!!! "

I wouldn't worry about it, if anything it's a topic to laugh about on his next call , the fact you forgot about BH Monday. If anything you are showing how keen you are to get the ball rolling. Or just be ballsy and say you have another offer on the table and wanted to see what he was offering before turning down the other. It takes cahones to say it but from experience, it fucking works lol

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I would send the follow up email, apologising for contacting on bank holiday, the days all roll into one at the moment, and that you just wanted time to prepare if you needed to.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. As a business owner myself, I would be very careful on recruiting anyone new to this volatile market. What I read from your comments is, the interviewer is keen on getting you to the final interview, however waiting to hear back from the director. He may not have an answer to give you yet, as he maybe left in a limbo. I would flick him an email, apologising for calling him on public holiday, and the reason for it. I would leave it at it!

I am sure you are fine. I think it was just an administrative error. Bet he apologies

"Don’t panic!

I would actually follow up with an email and just apologise for calling on a bank holiday, you just wanted a little clarity on tomorrow.

In all honesty, it would have been nicer if he’d shown some courtesy and got back to you on Friday to let you know one way or the other. I get that sometimes things fall through the net, but whoever overseas the onboarding process should have given you an update on whether they were progressing.

"

Reading from OP'S comments I don't think the employer promised to call her back on Friday. He only mentioned about discussing that with his director on Friday afternoon. Maybe he might not have recognized a response from the director yet.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Just make sure you've got that presentation ready to roll

Thanks guys! I don't think I will send him an email. He will probably call me tomorrow and I'll just mention that I forgot about bh Monday and apologise for calling.

Just panicking because there are obviously not very many jobs going at the moment and I was made redundant due to covid so can't afford to mess anything up!

"Don’t panic!

Reading from OP'S comments I don't think the employer promised to call her back on Friday. He only mentioned about discussing that with his director on Friday afternoon. Maybe he might not have recognized a response from the director yet. "

Appreciate that, but the interviewer could have pinged over an email to say that a decision had not been made- which was my point.

If there’s a tight deadline to work to as described in the OP, a quick email on the situation isn’t too much of an ask.

"Don’t panic!

Reading from OP'S comments I don't think the employer promised to call her back on Friday. He only mentioned about discussing that with his director on Friday afternoon. Maybe he might not have recognized a response from the director yet.

Appreciate that, but the interviewer could have pinged over an email to say that a decision had not been made- which was my point.

If there’s a tight deadline to work to as described in the OP, a quick email on the situation isn’t too much of an ask. "

Fair point. I maybe a bit biased to the employer.

I suspect you are a labour supporter!

"Don’t panic!

If there’s a tight deadline to work to as described in the OP, a quick email on the situation isn’t too much of an ask.

I suspect you are a labour supporter!"

As much as I appreciate your input I do have to wonder what someone's political stance has to do with not wasting a prospective employee's time

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Doubtful you've harmed your chances by what you did, keep your hopes realistic though I had many second interviews where I was sure I had the job and it didn't come off. Keep plugging away, I lucked into a job with a big (very big) music publisher just because they needed someone quickly, that was my last job before retiring so sometimes you just get lucky

"Don’t panic!

I suspect you are a labour supporter!

As much as I appreciate your input I do have to wonder what someone's political stance has to do with not wasting a prospective employee's time "

Lol. I wouldn't worry about that too, as Jamie has a good SOH!

» Add a new message to this topic