FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sending your children to school.

Sending your children to school.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heblackmac OP   Man  over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

Parents, guardians sending your children to school next week. Is it safe enough or No it's not safe enough. Bare in mind,locked down will be soon lifted, with the beautiful weather across the country, people flock down the beach couple days ago, Dominic Cummings didn't break the law of locked down rules and regulations... Yes I'm 100 % behind Boris Johnson.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irewolffMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I think its a bad idea. Schools in Ireland are closed until September.

MsD

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"I think its a bad idea. Schools in Ireland are closed until September.

MsD"

Fair enough.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Everyone will make their own choice. My lad won’t be going back until September/October as his year doesn’t qualify to go back. However if he had the chance to go back next week, he would go

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think its 100% up to the parents.

There is no right or wrong answer.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Our son will be going back when the government are all sitting next to each other in Parliament.

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"Everyone will make their own choice. My lad won’t be going back until September/October as his year doesn’t qualify to go back. However if he had the chance to go back next week, he would go "

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"Our son will be going back when the government are all sitting next to each other in Parliament."
Fair enough

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"I think its 100% up to the parents.

There is no right or wrong answer.

"

Not sending our son back but then here it’s not compulsory.

T

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If we had school age children we'd make the decision based on what their school had in place and what we thought it was bear for them.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Best for them

If my son hasn't tidied his room by the end of the day he's going!

D and I disagree on this one , if mine were young I wouldn’t be sending them back just yet where as D would, for me the I just think it’s going to be very hard to make kids keep to any social distancing no matter what the schools put in place , I also feel for the staff who are going to have to keep them apart !

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I'm a keyworker and I've been asked to go back to work on the 1st, I am happy with the way the teachers are doing social distance practices in class so back to school for small person

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If I had a yr6 child I think I'd send them back if only for them to experience the end of their primary education, although it will be totally different.

Reception or yr1 child ~ No way!

this is very subjective, and im in about 47 different minds over what to do.

Only one of my Mini Beasts qualifies to go back.. But with the stringent (obviously necessary) measures they're having to put in place, it feels more like I'm sending them to a prison rather than the school they loved.

I dont want them to loose their love of school, with the extreme rules and smile-less scenes they'll be going back too, despite the wonderful efforts of their amazing teachers.

But on the flip.. We've been in isolation 11 weeks now, and cabin fever is a real thing! I am no teacher, and there's only so much you can do. You want them to go back to normal, but is this really normal? If it wasn't safe, surely they would say to re-open? But what's really changed in two months??

But then if a teacher is allowed to be in a classroom with 15+ children from different households for 6 hours a day.. Why can't they see their own families???

Ughhh.

What do you do for the best? You're damned if you do, and damned if you dont.

Px

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Right thing to do. They should have not closed the schools in the first place.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"this is very subjective, and im in about 47 different minds over what to do.

Only one of my Mini Beasts qualifies to go back.. But with the stringent (obviously necessary) measures they're having to put in place, it feels more like I'm sending them to a prison rather than the school they loved.

I dont want them to loose their love of school, with the extreme rules and smile-less scenes they'll be going back too, despite the wonderful efforts of their amazing teachers.

But on the flip.. We've been in isolation 11 weeks now, and cabin fever is a real thing! I am no teacher, and there's only so much you can do. You want them to go back to normal, but is this really normal? If it wasn't safe, surely they would say to re-open? But what's really changed in two months??

But then if a teacher is allowed to be in a classroom with 15+ children from different households for 6 hours a day.. Why can't they see their own families???

Ughhh.

Px"

I'm so glad I haven't got to make that decision.

Ughhh.

Px"

I really fee for you I’m so glad I don’t have to make this decision, however my eldest is a TA and I don’t want her to go back either lol!

My kids are actually asking to go back to school as they are missing their friends and their teachers and total boredom is starting to set in being at home all the time even though I try doing everything I can with them

If i had young children i wouldn't be sending them back to school yet. I would worry for the children and the staff.

I work in Early Years Education and my work place has been open all the time for other key workers children but there's so few it has felt safe, staff have worked on a rota. However we are planning on opening to all next week and I'm not happy about it at all, i think it's to early.

Ughhh.

Px"

Its a horrible thought to send the younger ones into that, if it was safe enough then these measures shouldnt need to be in place at all. Its all topsy turvy and doesnt make a lot of sense. I think I would decline if I had a really young child that qualified currently, based purely on the fact its not the right school experience to have. older more bored children would probably be ok as it would be a bit of a novelty but would be awful for them to pick up on teachers feeling scared, of each other and of students.

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

I'm glad we live in Wales!

Jo x

"If my son hasn't tidied his room by the end of the day he's going!"

"Our son will be going back when the government are all sitting next to each other in Parliament."

^^^^^^^^ Very much agree with this.

T

» Add a new message to this topic