FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Snowflakes

Snowflakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who has noticed that todays age range of 18 to 25 say are all over the top with how they react to stuff

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Who has noticed that todays age range of 18 to 25 say are all over the top with how they react to stuff "

Yep, but it is the older generation who let them get that way.

People forget being offended isn't illegal

Lol

I would say it's more 30-40 year olds.

Trying to hold onto their ancient values.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Who has noticed that todays age range of 18 to 25 say are all over the top with how they react to stuff "

Nope

I've been in the politics and virus forums most over 40

Also the hate mail ranty readership is over xx

I think the age group you refer to is vasty more concerned with caring the environment fairness the future and less petty concepts

But all age groups can melt down certain newspaper letter pages were infamous for utter total meltdown over the pettiest of things

Some gosh, would be in an utter puddle if a non native human moved into their village town or street

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Lol

Trying to hold onto their ancient values."

Some values must be preserved some forgotten

"Lol

Here, I'm knocking fifty and I happen to be right on the cutting edge. Cheeky sod lol

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Lol

Here, I'm knocking fifty and I happen to be right on the cutting edge. Cheeky sod lol"

If i dont get to a hairdresser soon i will defo be a snowflake.... am i missing the point !

You know, I was thinking about this (slightly) earlier.

The older generations seem to think the younger ones are weak. Why?

I know there's this masculinity thing about war and how the younger generations are soft. But war destroyed so many troops lives (ptsd), so isn't that great and proves shit.

If your talking about disagreeing with their opinions, and them getting upset? The world has changed so significantly since you were brought up solely through your parents without outside media (largely the internet) that there it's fully understandable that they have different opinions to you.

I don't think they're snowflakes, I think they think you're an idiot and it hurts.

Saying this as someone older!

"Yep, but it is the older generation who let them get that way.

People forget being offended isn't illegal"

Mostly true - we're all just products of our environment.

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

"Who has noticed that todays age range of 18 to 25 say are all over the top with how they react to stuff

Yep, but it is the older generation who let them get that way.

People forget being offended isn't illegal"

This is one reason Dave doesn't give a stuff about pending people (like the two chavs he upset today)

Thanks for the post about me

Can you explain what I said that was over the top?

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

We do think people seem to take offence more easily these days, but we wouldn't say it applies to any particular age group.

"We do think people seem to take offence more easily these days, but we wouldn't say it applies to any particular age group."

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Only when I show them my penis.

Is thread a reaction to a message you sent out to a 18 to 25 year old and got rejected?

Maybe you're the snowflake

No. I think people are more likely to call you out on things, as we're more aware Of our boundaries and consents.

What happened to make you say this?

This kinda sounds to me like the reaction of someone who sent out a copy pasted message with a dick photo attached and didn't like the rejection.

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

I find that when people send me unsolicited photos of their cock and I point out that it's akin to flashing that they get really fucked off instead of realising that they're in the wrong.

I'm 43, I'm more than happy with people having different opinions to me as long as their behaviour is appropriate.

"I find that when people send me unsolicited photos of their cock and I point out that it's akin to flashing that they get really fucked off instead of realising that they're in the wrong.

I'm 43, I'm more than happy with people having different opinions to me as long as their behaviour is appropriate."

This

By *nvisible_beardMan  over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

"Who has noticed that todays age range of 18 to 25 say are all over the top with how they react to stuff

This kinda sounds to me like the reaction of someone who sent out a copy pasted message with a dick photo attached and didn't like the rejection.

"

So a unique message and a cock pic works

I'll send one now

Yeah those millennial propervlostvtheir shit about Gregg's vegan sausage rolls didn't they...

I hate the use of the term snowflake. Without exception it is used by someone annoyed that they are being called out on something they've said as a defensive and diversionary comment. Awful term

All the 30 to 40 year olds that came of age in that ancient backwards time the nineties and noughties...

I'd say it's more the 40 something's tbf. Younger ppl are far more chilled and tolerant. 40's have often been screwed by life and have a point to prove, they fear change and need control imho....

Have you been sending out unsolicited cock pictures to young mothers op?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Can you explain what I said that was over the top?"

Obviously everything!

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Nope

I've been in the politics and virus forums most over 40

Also the hate mail ranty readership is over xx

I think the age group you refer to is vasty more concerned with caring the environment fairness the future and less petty concepts

But all age groups can melt down certain newspaper letter pages were infamous for utter total meltdown over the pettiest of things

Some gosh, would be in an utter puddle if a non native human moved into their village town or street "

So this is the save the planet age group who live online and create more waste than the rest of us.

Move over Greta your nemesis has taken your place

It’s been fucking boiling here pal!

Where are you?

The North Pole south?

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Carry on chaps I’ll just pull out the popcorn

Lmao. Don’t be gaslit that your experiences or other people’s aren’t worth speaking about because someone older can’t understand it.

Dudley

Bloody snowflakes not appreciating cock pics! How fecking dare they?!

There is no age group some people enjoy being so called offended I do know this our freedom of speech is being eradicated not by government but by the people it’s getting to the point where I bet everyone is very careful as to what they post in here or how they word it for fear of recriminations

And from a personal point all I ever do on here is tell jokes and fair enough you don’t have to like them but they are just jokes pure and simple but why be offended?? I could tell a lot worse

Debate is good differing opinions are good but no need to be nasty and no need to take offence just for the sake of it

You know, I was thinking about this (slightly) earlier.

The older generations seem to think the younger ones are weak. Why?

I know there's this masculinity thing about war and how the younger generations are soft. But war destroyed so many troops lives (ptsd), so isn't that great and proves shit.

If your talking about disagreeing with their opinions, and them getting upset? The world has changed so significantly since you were brought up solely through your parents without outside media (largely the internet) that there it's fully understandable that they have different opinions to you.

I don't think they're snowflakes, I think they think you're an idiot and it hurts."

100 per cent

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"There is no age group some people enjoy being so called offended I do know this our freedom of speech is being eradicated not by government but by the people it’s getting to the point where I bet everyone is very careful as to what they post in here or how they word it for fear of recriminations

And from a personal point all I ever do on here is tell jokes and fair enough you don’t have to like them but they are just jokes pure and simple but why be offended?? I could tell a lot worse

Debate is good differing opinions are good but no need to be nasty and no need to take offence just for the sake of it "

Very well said

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Meh, I've been called a snawflake many times. Usually my people who can't handle being dissagreed with or criticised. 18-25 year olds are often pretty used to both of those things.

Na!!... you cannit fart on here without people getting offended!... and it’s normally the older mob

‘Snowflake’ has come to mean anyone who has a differing opinion, it’s lazy and bullshit term.

Liverpool

"There is no age group some people enjoy being so called offended I do know this our freedom of speech is being eradicated not by government but by the people it’s getting to the point where I bet everyone is very careful as to what they post in here or how they word it for fear of recriminations

Debate is good differing opinions are good but no need to be nasty and no need to take offence just for the sake of it "

People not liking what you say isn't erroding your freedom of speech . They're just exercising theirs by expressing their dislike. Just suck it up.

Debate is good differing opinions are good but no need to be nasty and no need to take offence just for the sake of it

People not liking what you say isn't erroding your freedom of speech . They're just exercising theirs by expressing their dislike. Just suck it up. "

Agreed but there is a difference between not liking and being nasty

I think lots of the older generations forget what it was like to be 18 -25......

Liverpool

People not liking what you say isn't erroding your freedom of speech . They're just exercising theirs by expressing their dislike. Just suck it up.

Agreed but there is a difference between not liking and being nasty "

Taking offence is being nasty?

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

People not liking what you say isn't erroding your freedom of speech . They're just exercising theirs by expressing their dislike. Just suck it up. "

Try saying someone is obese (a medical term) and they should lose weight for their own good, topical issue...... And what happens?

Taking offence is being nasty? "

Agreed

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

" ‘Snowflake’ has come to mean anyone who has a differing opinion, it’s lazy and bullshit term."

This about sums it up

Snowflake, white knight and other similar terms have become insults those unable to form a coherent argument in debate throw out to defend their own opinion, and in doing so, usually say more about themselves than the person they are accusing

Agreed "

Sorry didn’t see your question mark no I didn’t say taking offence is being nasty..

Damn kids with their Music.

I don’t agree with a lot of this. But I do agree that you never need to descend into nastiness for no reason. Equally, I genuinely think that some people just like to ‘debate’ everything for the sake of it. Sometimes I think it’s okay to acknowledge ‘I could be wrong, I’m not an expert and this is not my experience’ rather than declaring some offensive views as ‘just my opinion’ or just a ‘difference in opinions’. And although it’s true we have *generally* accepted a set of morals, I think that it’s natural that those will change as people become more aware of their experiences in the world and we, as a society should be flexible and open rather than ‘it wasn’t like that in my day’ or ‘why can’t I say X anymore just because someone else is offended?’ - I think we should just generally try and be nicer and try to be more mindful of how things that don’t affect us, can be perceived by others.

Every generation thinks they are wiser then the generation after them.

We were all young once and all had similar ways. They just change as we get older and we just forget how we were.

I was wild and a little reckless now ive settled. My children may be the same and as they mature to the age I am now they will look at the youngests after them and think exactly the same as im thinking right now if that makes sence x

Very well said "

Thanks you probably know I’m generally only here for a bit of lighthearted fun but the horrible stuff said on here I just find so sad and people just need to calm down sometimes

I don’t agree with a lot of this. But I do agree that you never need to descend into nastiness for no reason. Equally, I genuinely think that some people just like to ‘debate’ everything for the sake of it. Sometimes I think it’s okay to acknowledge ‘I could be wrong, I’m not an expert and this is not my experience’ rather than declaring some offensive views as ‘just my opinion’ or just a ‘difference in opinions’. And although it’s true we have *generally* accepted a set of morals, I think that it’s natural that those will change as people become more aware of their experiences in the world and we, as a society should be flexible and open rather than ‘it wasn’t like that in my day’ or ‘why can’t I say X anymore just because someone else is offended?’ - I think we should just generally try and be nicer and try to be more mindful of how things that don’t affect us, can be perceived by others. "

Agree totally

Liverpool

Try saying someone is obese (a medical term) and they should lose weight for their own good, topical issue...... And what happens?

"

If you don't want to listen to their reaction and you're not their doctor then maybe mind your own business? If you're going to make comments on other people's appearance or health, you're opening yourself up to a negative reaction. If you can't handle that, don't make the comment.

"Lol

Ancient at 40...I must be bloody prehistoric!....

"

But equally, there are plenty of people that are overweight or obese that are healthier in their lifestyles and diets than people that are slim or skinny. There’s a lot about language and about how weight is framed as a solely health issue but can just be another form of social control. Definitely worth a conversation about it that shouldn’t be stifled by either side.

Ancient!! Haha.. well I guess in the 1700s this would be ancient.. but prime of life in 2020

Liverpool

Agreed

Sorry didn’t see your question mark no I didn’t say taking offence is being nasty..

"

Then I don't understand your point.

Also are you for or against people not being allowed to say some things? I can't figure it out.

Agreed

Also are you for or against people not being allowed to say some things? I can't figure it out. "

Yes have an opinion that’s your right all I’m saying is there is no need for all the nastiness on here.... good god I love the sarcasm on here I enjoy people having a pop at me that’s harmless fun just don’t enjoy direct attacks on people and I’m not talking about me there I’m talking about what I see on other threads

"Lol

Ancient at 40...I must be bloody prehistoric!.... "

Prehistoric here

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

And yet here you are a 30 something over reacting to ‘stuff’

And yet here you are a 30 something over reacting to ‘stuff’ "

I do that and I’m ancient

Shame on his wife

Notts

If you don't want to listen to their reaction and you're not their doctor then maybe mind your own business? If you're going to make comments on other people's appearance or health, you're opening yourself up to a negative reaction. If you can't handle that, don't make the comment."

Yes everyone just keep their mouth shut, in case they offend, even if they are trying to help lol

Your opinion is not welcome, that's called oppression lol

Liverpool

Agreed

Also are you for or against people not being allowed to say some things? I can't figure it out.

Yes have an opinion that’s your right all I’m saying is there is no need for all the nastiness on here.... good god I love the sarcasm on here I enjoy people having a pop at me that’s harmless fun just don’t enjoy direct attacks on people and I’m not talking about me there I’m talking about what I see on other threads "

Agreed but unsure what that's got to do with being offended. I imagine those who are offended think the person offending them is being nasty.

Liverpool

If you don't want to listen to their reaction and you're not their doctor then maybe mind your own business? If you're going to make comments on other people's appearance or health, you're opening yourself up to a negative reaction. If you can't handle that, don't make the comment.

Yes everyone just keep their mouth shut, in case they offend, even if they are trying to help lol

"

That's absolutely not what I said. Say what the hell you want but be prepared for a comeback. If you're too sensitive for that then don't say it. Can't have it both ways.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"Can you explain what I said that was over the top?"

This still needs answering

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

"I'd say it's more the 40 something's tbf. Younger ppl are far more horizontal and work shy. 40's have often been screwed by life and have a point to prove, they fear change and need control imho.... "

FTFY

Preston

"Can you explain what I said that was over the top?

This still needs answering "

Yeah OP where did you go?

"I'd say it's more the 40 something's tbf. Younger ppl are far more horizontal and work shy. 40's have often been screwed by life and have a point to prove, they fear change and need control imho....

FTFY "

These young ones know nothing. Legends were born in the 70's.

"I'd say it's more the 40 something's tbf. Younger ppl are far more horizontal and work shy. 40's have often been screwed by life and have a point to prove, they fear change and need control imho....

FTFY

These young ones know nothing. Legends were born in the 70's. "

Agreed!

Notts

That's absolutely not what I said. Say what the hell you want but be prepared for a comeback. If you're too sensitive for that then don't say it. Can't have it both ways. "

Please clarify comeback? Slanging match? Gun fire? Or reasoned response? Because saying if you are not a doctor you can not tell if a woman of 5ft weighing 150kgs is slim or not suggests you are not reasonable lol

"Every generation thinks they are wiser then the generation after them.

We were all young once and all had similar ways. They just change as we get older and we just forget how we were.

I was wild and a little reckless now ive settled. My children may be the same and as they mature to the age I am now they will look at the youngests after them and think exactly the same as im thinking right now if that makes sence x"

They truly are words of wisdom. Beautifully put xx

FTFY

Agreed!"

Fuck me im going back to telling jokes

Liverpool

That's absolutely not what I said. Say what the hell you want but be prepared for a comeback. If you're too sensitive for that then don't say it. Can't have it both ways.

Please clarify comeback? Slanging match? Gun fire? Or reasoned response? Because saying if you are not a doctor you can not tell if a woman of 5ft weighing 150kgs is slim or not suggests you are not reasonable lol "

Again, at no point have I said you need to be a doctor to judge if soneone is slim or not. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I'm pretty sure anyone complaining about "snowflakes" isn't talking about being shot because someone didn't like what they said. Yet I'm the one who isn't reasonable .

Notts

Please clarify comeback? Slanging match? Gun fire? Or reasoned response? Because saying if you are not a doctor you can not tell if a woman of 5ft weighing 150kgs is slim or not suggests you are not reasonable lol

Again, at no point have I said you need to be a doctor to judge if soneone is slim or not. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I'm pretty sure anyone complaining about "snowflakes" isn't talking about being shot because someone didn't like what they said. Yet I'm the one who isn't reasonable . "

As you've forgotten, if your not their doctor......

But I haven't time to play contrary Mary, I'm doing my exercises lol nite x

Liverpool

I'm pretty sure anyone complaining about "snowflakes" isn't talking about being shot because someone didn't like what they said. Yet I'm the one who isn't reasonable .

As you've forgotten, if your not their doctor......

But I haven't time to play contrary Mary, I'm doing my exercises lol nite x"

How is saying if you don't want to listen to someone's response and you're not their doctor then maybe don't comment on their weight the same as saying only doctors can see if someone is obese?

The issue is that so much emphasis had been put on people having RIGHTS. Unfortunately, whilst RIGHTS should be equally balanced with RESPONSIBILITY the latter tends to lose out. There is such little introspection that these easily triggered individuals focus more on the material and nothing deeper.

The 'trigger effect' from 'snowflakes' comes from issues they've not dealt with properly or at all.

It's much deeper and more nuanced subject than we would like to think.

"The issue is that so much emphasis had been put on people having RIGHTS. Unfortunately, whilst RIGHTS should be equally balanced with RESPONSIBILITY the latter tends to lose out. There is such little introspection that these easily triggered individuals focus more on the material and nothing deeper.

The 'trigger effect' from 'snowflakes' comes from issues they've not dealt with properly or at all.

It's much deeper and more nuanced subject than we would like to think. "

Na!!... you cannit fart on here without people getting offended!... and it’s normally the older mob"

From the man who started a thread because a couple pissed him off and directed personal insults at them. Yeah that doesn't smack of being easily offended at all

Dudley

"

Have you actually said that to someone?

Can I tell a joke now

"Can I tell a joke now "

This was the most ‘shall I rap to lighten the mood’ thing ever

But go on then

I don't think anyone is more sensitive than the other.

Every generation thinks they know better.

I think more people can argue about their differences because of the internet.

Notts

Have you actually said that to someone? "

Not since 1970 lol when you had Billy bunter, obviously you wouldn't walk up to someone in the street and say you look obese, you're get covid lol so don't go down that road, my point is over time people have had to be more and more careful what they say, even if it's to try and help, if you saw a child playing in the road and the parents ignoring them would you step in or watch him get run over? What would be the right thing?

But People have stopped getting involved through fear of offending in some way .... Don't you tell me how to parent my kids....So people keeping to themselves and biting their tongue isn't necessarily a good thing.... But the easily offended have nurtured and cultivated that situation. In my opinion.

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Interesting isnt it... there's "votes" for the majority od age ranges here being "snowflakes"...its not an age thing. Its a values thing....

What someone finds offensive because it goes against their values, others might find appropriate. People get offended, or throw out accusations because they dont take the time to understand each otjers perspective or be tolerant of each other.

I get that you cant all get on with all topics at all times... and the extremes (whatever they are) are likely to always cause conflict no matter what. But fucking hell.... can't we all just try and get along for once

By *elshyXOMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Terrible take. The younger age group you refer to are one who have aged in a more varied society, whereby empathy is a feeling they have been emplored to feel. It is also a generation who have to pick up the pieces from their elders in the form of loe wages, high house prices & various other things.

We/they arent snowflakes, just more caring, considerate & compassionate than many before them

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.

Socrates 469 to 399 BC

Moaning about kids had been around a lot longer than the op

By *entle giraffeMan  over a year ago

Minehead

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.

Socrates 469 to 399 BC

Moaning about kids had been around a lot longer than the op"

So wise. Neither of you look old enough though.

[Removed by poster at 25/05/20 00:46:44]

"I hate the use of the term snowflake. Without exception it is used by someone annoyed that they are being called out on something they've said as a defensive and diversionary comment. Awful term"

By *elshyXOMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.

Socrates 469 to 399 BC

Moaning about kids had been around a lot longer than the op"

The most wise musings fab has ever had

Pmsl some of the people on this site it wont get you laid

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Think your overreacting...

Preston

"Pmsl some of the people on this site it wont get you laid "

You mean sending photos of your dick to strangers and then publicly slagging them off when they tell you it's not appropriate won't get you laid?

That's probably true.

I had sex last night thank you very much

This argument is as old as time, Plato quoted Socrates by saying

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room‘

It’s lazy to pin something on a generation of people and this use of the term snowflake no different. Instead of moaning, do something different.

Another quote from John Cleese on the term snowflake:

Yes I've heard this word. I think sociopaths use it in an attempt to discredit the notion of empathy.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Yes they are same with most around 12-33ish. Nearly all are left snowflakes. There are a few which are normal maybe 1 in every 10.

Notts

Terrible take. The younger age group you refer to are one who have aged in a more varied society, whereby empathy is a feeling they have been emplored to feel. It is also a generation who have to pick up the pieces from their elders in the form of loe wages, high house prices & various other things.

We/they arent snowflakes, just more caring, considerate & compassionate than many before them "

They've also decided to ban certain speakers at university in case they offend lol university was a place where debate was paramount now they suppress it, it's become a mob mentality. That doesn't show understanding or empathy.

Notts

It's working for me oddly enough, I seem to be getting more offers from sensible people lol

By *ock2shareMan  over a year ago

Happyville

I blame political correctness for this snowflake culture not any specific generation.

By *ensual-dominant-passionMan  over a year ago

sheffield

I think there has to be a balance.. I mean saying people get offended easily well it depends what you say and how you say it.. you can’t walk around using derogatory terms towards people and then not expect a reaction.

Notts

"I blame political correctness for this snowflake culture not any specific generation."

Trouble is with political correctness is it suits bleating lol While the rest of us think chin up carrying on..... The squeaky wheel has gotten all the oil and then some lol

We/they arent snowflakes, just more caring, considerate & compassionate than many before them

They've also decided to ban certain speakers at university in case they offend lol university was a place where debate was paramount now they suppress it, it's become a mob mentality. That doesn't show understanding or empathy."

I mean not every university is no platforming. And also they’ve usually only banned speakers whose speach incites hate against groups that the university should protect. There’s need for debate but as I said there’s a difference between debating and people wanting to say horrible, ill informed things about someone else’s experience without being willing to ever accept that they could be wrong.

Also, the morals of a society should surely be ever changing rather than fixed? And I just see institutions and people that attend them adapting to a greater understanding of our experiences?

In my experience it's the older ones who react badly

In my experience it's the older ones who react badly "

Same. They’re the ones who tend to throw tantrums and rage about ‘snowflakes’ if someone disagrees with them

Notts

They've also decided to ban certain speakers at university in case they offend lol university was a place where debate was paramount now they suppress it, it's become a mob mentality. That doesn't show understanding or empathy.

I mean not every university is no platforming. And also they’ve usually only banned speakers whose speach incites hate against groups that the university should protect. There’s need for debate but as I said there’s a difference between debating and people wanting to say horrible, ill informed things about someone else’s experience without being willing to ever accept that they could be wrong.

Also, the morals of a society should surely be ever changing rather than fixed? And I just see institutions and people that attend them adapting to a greater understanding of our experiences? "

There lies the problem, who is deciding what is horrible? Hateful? Which group decided they have all the answers and know best, that's why it SHOULD be debated.

As for morals I think the underlying values don't change really

Thou shall not kill, thou shall not steal.... Are both hard to argue against. Treat others like you would like to be treated, dangerous statement on this site lol

Also, the morals of a society should surely be ever changing rather than fixed? And I just see institutions and people that attend them adapting to a greater understanding of our experiences?

There lies the problem, who is deciding what is horrible? Hateful? Which group decided they have all the answers and know best, that's why it SHOULD be debated.

As for morals I think the underlying values don't change really

Thou shall not kill, thou shall not steal.... Are both hard to argue against. Treat others like you would like to be treated, dangerous statement on this site lol "

We do as a society no? Are morals not invariably linked to all of this?

I see that some people feel the need to debate experiences of others but I personally don’t think everything needs a debate. Like someone that says things that incite hate against a race, gender, sexuality etc, do we really need to ‘debate’ them? I think I’m probably thinking in extremes, so like misogynists, racists, homophobes, anti semites etc. But they’re often the ones not allowed to speak and I understand why a university might take that decision, given that it might be traumatic or just pretty rubbish for some or many students at the university?

I guess in that sense, even being upset by those things, isms, is why young people are labelled as snowflakes in the first place. Lol I don’t know I’m waffling a bit here but it’s good to discuss.

Notts

Haven't much time but I think some of the issues are just younger and older having different views, what's a short skirt what's a long skirt, argument lol

But yes we do have to discuss issues, any issue, race religion etc if you don't people will believe lies, look at east vs west or nazi germany, if all the books say Jews have horns and all the teachers say it to, you believe they do! No one was allowed to stand up and say well actually...... Watch jojo rabbit it's funny

So Everything should be challenged or in the words of Michael Jackson billy Jean ....... A lie becomes a true!

Every morning i get caled a fat old gray haired window licker and a tight bastard.befire i start work which carries on all day i love it.

Snowflakes would go to the boss crying

I think your all missing the point and the point is that all the nastiness needs to stop

If you are being directly targeted then by all means stand your ground

Freedom of speech is a precious commodity let’s preserve it but preserve it with dignity

Stop being offended unless it’s directed solely at you

Nothing else matters so live and let live

Liverpool

"I think your all missing the point and the point is that all the nastiness needs to stop

Freedom of speech is a precious commodity let’s preserve it but preserve it with dignity

Nothing else matters so live and let live "

Freedom of speech but only on your terms? Nobody else is allowed to defend anyone else. Nah, it's a free country sorry. You don't get to distate when others are allowed to use their own freedom of speech.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

I don’t think it’s a age thing but people for whatever reason do seem to get offended on someone else’s behalf...

"I think your all missing the point and the point is that all the nastiness needs to stop

Freedom of speech but only on your terms? Nobody else is allowed to defend anyone else. Nah, it's a free country sorry. You don't get to distate when others are allowed to use their own freedom of speech. "

Not got a clue what your on about

"Stop being offended unless it’s directed solely at you

Nothing else matters so live and let live "

I think it’s okay to speak up for others if someone is being offensive or is ignorant on their experience. As long as you’re not speaking over someone or for them but just echoing them and lifting up their voices, I don’t see the problem. Ironically, it’s just people getting upset at other people getting upset. It’s all cyclical.

"Stop being offended unless it’s directed solely at you

I think it’s okay to speak up for others if someone is being offensive or is ignorant on their experience. As long as you’re not speaking over someone or for them but just echoing them and lifting up their voices, I don’t see the problem. Ironically, it’s just people getting upset at other people getting upset. It’s all cyclical. "

Yea you’ve said it better than me

FTFY

Agreed!

Fuck me im going back to telling jokes "

Hey nowhereman , I'm deeply offended!

FTFY

Agreed!

Fuck me im going back to telling jokes

Hey nowhereman , I'm deeply offended! "

Haha I’m sorry but the jokes are staying

That's just what society is like mate,no matter what you say you'll offend someone

"That's just what society is like mate,no matter what you say you'll offend someone "

Yea I know it’s very sad mate

» Add a new message to this topic