FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Isnt been in nature wonderful

Isnt been in nature wonderful

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Over the moon we have two balls of fluff loitering up in the old oak trees after having 2 owl boxes in the trees for over a decade. Loving that how I manage the woodlands has worked a treat. Sooo fluffy..gotta get up them trees and install a couple more boxes to encourage the youngsters to stay close. May stealth climb opposite beech tree to get pics...tis a superb day!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I sat in the woods the other day and listened to the birds singing. It was lovely

"I sat in the woods the other day and listened to the birds singing. It was lovely "

I love just sitting taking a break in the woods listening. I love to listen deep and seperate the different conversations and the different birds. These tawnys will be a great addition to the foxes, deer, badgers etc we have living down there. I lived in the woods for a couple of years..wild living..Id go to sleep listening to the nightjar...such a strange sound in the night if you don t know it.

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 18:08:25]

How lovely! X

Live Owls. Try get some pics! Careful though

"Live Owls. Try get some pics! Careful though "

*Love, ffs

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Can’t beat being outside

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Being in nature is my happy place. I could just do without spiders though.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Theres a stand of tall trees in front of my window and the bird song is amazing.

Lovely.

"Live Owls. Try get some pics! Careful though "

Thats not too hard..one place I can disappear is in the wilds..and move unseen or heard..Im more at home out in wild places than anywhere else..its been my whole life

"Can’t beat being outside "

Oh so right....in my case I HAVE TO BE OUTSIDE, its in my DNA

"Being in nature is my happy place. I could just do without spiders though. "

Ah they re ok..think they see us in same way..lol..seen some whoppers in underground places such as caves

"Live Owls. Try get some pics! Careful though

Thats not too hard..one place I can disappear is in the wilds..and move unseen or heard..Im more at home out in wild places than anywhere else..its been my whole life "

Happy days, sounds like a great life!

"Theres a stand of tall trees in front of my window and the bird song is amazing.

Lovely."

They re my alarm clock at 5am whether Im working or not. Its a vocal blackbird that sings away endlessly then almost like it knows, it buggers off before 6am

"Live Owls. Try get some pics! Careful though

Thats not too hard..one place I can disappear is in the wilds..and move unseen or heard..Im more at home out in wild places than anywhere else..its been my whole life

Happy days, sounds like a great life!"

It is such a good life..doesn t matter how hard the work side maybe its never really work..i get paid but thats not why I do it..I miss work when Im not there

By *abonWoman  over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

We’ve got housemartins and they come back each year, have two broods and then some babies come back the following year. Been hear for 6 years and I am soooo happy when they arrive. Lie in bed listening to them wake up - the chicks are so noisy when the parents come back!

"We’ve got housemartins and they come back each year, have two broods and then some babies come back the following year. Been hear for 6 years and I am soooo happy when they arrive. Lie in bed listening to them wake up - the chicks are so noisy when the parents come back!"

They re real riotous wee things at scoff time..for such tiny little creatures they sure let you know they re around.

Mind you this heat is going to make our moorland excavations interesting as the granite breaks the surface here everywhere....ADDERS!! I had to take med kit and flares with me last time I was on this moorland as the risk was real high and I was a long way from help. This week taking my archeology sidekicks up for a look so the exposed heat and adders will make for an interesting day. Saw a train of young weasels running along the wall top..soo funny as each mouth was attached to the tail in front..they really moved like a train!

"Mind you this heat is going to make our moorland excavations interesting as the granite breaks the surface here everywhere....ADDERS!! I had to take med kit and flares with me last time I was on this moorland as the risk was real high and I was a long way from help. This week taking my archeology sidekicks up for a look so the exposed heat and adders will make for an interesting day. Saw a train of young weasels running along the wall top..soo funny as each mouth was attached to the tail in front..they really moved like a train!"

I’d love to see adders...definitely on my bucket list. I had a moment with a huge hawk (don’t ask which one!) on a fence post right next to the road. I slowed down and stopped to show the kids. It was about 10 feet away and we held eye contact for about 2 minutes before it flew off...just magical!

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

My goldfinches visit every day for a feed. Also a pair of blackbirds are feeding young. Love it in the suns_ine and being with nature. I switch off all tech and close the door then sit outside and take it all in.

"Mind you this heat is going to make our moorland excavations interesting as the granite breaks the surface here everywhere....ADDERS!! I had to take med kit and flares with me last time I was on this moorland as the risk was real high and I was a long way from help. This week taking my archeology sidekicks up for a look so the exposed heat and adders will make for an interesting day. Saw a train of young weasels running along the wall top..soo funny as each mouth was attached to the tail in front..they really moved like a train!

I’d love to see adders...definitely on my bucket list. I had a moment with a huge hawk (don’t ask which one!) on a fence post right next to the road. I slowed down and stopped to show the kids. It was about 10 feet away and we held eye contact for about 2 minutes before it flew off...just magical! "

Adders are actually a lovely sight though its normally fleeting as they soon disappear..got lovely markings. Once almost walked into a sunbathing nest/ commune of them..see just like us..lolol. Hawks are great to see in flight..soo quick and nimble..I often have one fly just ahead of the van..zigging and zagging before disappearing over a hedge.

"My goldfinches visit every day for a feed. Also a pair of blackbirds are feeding young. Love it in the suns_ine and being with nature. I switch off all tech and close the door then sit outside and take it all in."

Best way...no tech..just chill and soak up the beauty of it all..its there to be enjoyed, alas in daily normal life so many dont find or make the time..its great medicine for the brain. Enjoy.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

"Mind you this heat is going to make our moorland excavations interesting as the granite breaks the surface here everywhere....ADDERS!! I had to take med kit and flares with me last time I was on this moorland as the risk was real high and I was a long way from help. This week taking my archeology sidekicks up for a look so the exposed heat and adders will make for an interesting day. Saw a train of young weasels running along the wall top..soo funny as each mouth was attached to the tail in front..they really moved like a train!

I’d love to see adders...definitely on my bucket list. I had a moment with a huge hawk (don’t ask which one!) on a fence post right next to the road. I slowed down and stopped to show the kids. It was about 10 feet away and we held eye contact for about 2 minutes before it flew off...just magical! "

Maybe a buzzard, they are quite a size, had one in my front garden a couple of years ago, it had caught a blackbird and a couple of magpies were hoping to persuade it to give up the prey, no chance.

I ve got a great pic of one of the chicks so anyone wanna see message me

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

The Leaves are Green

The Leaves are Green

The Nuts are Brown

They Hang So High

They Will Not Come Down,

leave Them alone

Till Frosty Weather,

Then They Will all

Come Down Together.

Nature Is a Wonderful Thing To See

and Feel Within you.

I’d love to see adders...definitely on my bucket list. I had a moment with a huge hawk (don’t ask which one!) on a fence post right next to the road. I slowed down and stopped to show the kids. It was about 10 feet away and we held eye contact for about 2 minutes before it flew off...just magical!

Maybe a buzzard, they are quite a size, had one in my front garden a couple of years ago, it had caught a blackbird and a couple of magpies were hoping to persuade it to give up the prey, no chance."

Magpies chancing it lol!! There’s so many birds of prey around here and I keep studying beak, size & tail...but when you see them in real life, I still can’t tell! I used to work in a supervet referral hospital and we had huge birds in quite frequently...plus badgers, foxes, deer...loved it!

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

It is rather delightful....

If only I could get a beach in the middle of a forest it may just become perfect.

» Add a new message to this topic