FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Songs that take you places!

Songs that take you places!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *llaboutthewife OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Just heard Supergrass Alright on the radio, took me right back, I must have been 19. Just been to Bristol to pick up my Golf Cabrio, was an old one but I loved it. I remember crossing over the Severn Bridge listening to Supergrass, roof down living my best worry free life. Really made me smile this morning

What songs take you to good places?

Jo x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Shiny Happy People by REM always takes me back to the summer of 91 when I was 18

That seemed to be playing all the time in the radio, and I was spending that long sunny summer, just after ALevels, painting my grandparents garage and kitchen.

Every time I hear that song I am instantly transported back there

Cardiff

"Shiny Happy People by REM always takes me back to the summer of 91 when I was 18

That seemed to be playing all the time in the radio, and I was spending that long sunny summer, just after ALevels, painting my grandparents garage and kitchen.

Every time I hear that song I am instantly transported back there "

It was certainly one of their more upbeat ones

X

By *olarbear73Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Ride - Twisterella

Evokes memories of the days when I had long floppy hair and where I spent nights at the indie discos dancing with my gf. Such wonderful memories of seeing her twist and shake through the dry ice and under the black lights.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

East 17, Been Around The World.

Makes you realise it's nice to go to places, but "There's no place like home"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just heard Supergrass Alright on the radio, took me right back, I must have been 19. Just been to Bristol to pick up my Golf Cabrio, was an old one but I loved it. I remember crossing over the Severn Bridge listening to Supergrass, roof down living my best worry free life. Really made me smile this morning

Jo x "

This song always takes me right back to the summer of 1995 and T in the Park.

Cardiff

"Ride - Twisterella

Evokes memories of the days when I had long floppy hair and where I spent nights at the indie discos dancing with my gf. Such wonderful memories of seeing her twist and shake through the dry ice and under the black lights. "

I simply cannot imagine you with long hair PB

X

Cardiff

"East 17, Been Around The World.

Makes you realise it's nice to go to places, but "There's no place like home" "

I'm thinking I need a feel good playlist later

X

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Just heard Supergrass Alright on the radio, took me right back, I must have been 19. Just been to Bristol to pick up my Golf Cabrio, was an old one but I loved it. I remember crossing over the Severn Bridge listening to Supergrass, roof down living my best worry free life. Really made me smile this morning

Jo x "

I am a very musical person in general, my parents both listened to a lot of music and the radio was on most of the time. I got my first instrument at when I was 11 and have played in bands since I was 13. Almost every song I know is linked to a memory somewhere.

Bohemian Rhapsody for example takes me back to my childhood driving too a camping holiday singing with my sister... but also it takes me back to the first drive in "my own" car, when I replicated that scene from Wayne's World

Cardiff

Jo x

I am a very musical person in general, my parents both listened to a lot of music and the radio was on most of the time. I got my first instrument at when I was 11 and have played in bands since I was 13. Almost every song I know is linked to a memory somewhere.

Bohemian Rhapsody for example takes me back to my childhood driving too a camping holiday singing with my sister... but also it takes me back to the first drive in "my own" car, when I replicated that scene from Wayne's World "

Yes, agreed, my parents listened to a lot of Motown when I was growing up, Dad smoked Benson and Hedges then, sometimes a song comes on and I can smell the cigarettes and be taken right back to sitting in the back of the car as a child.

Jo x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"East 17, Been Around The World.

Makes you realise it's nice to go to places, but "There's no place like home"

I'm thinking I need a feel good playlist later

X"

Songs that take you places! I have a feel good playlist... whoop whoop love music!

Will check this thread again a few times...

Rhythm is a dancer

By *olarbear73Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Ride - Twisterella

Evokes memories of the days when I had long floppy hair and where I spent nights at the indie discos dancing with my gf. Such wonderful memories of seeing her twist and shake through the dry ice and under the black lights.

I simply cannot imagine you with long hair PB

X"

True story!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I heard Fern Kinney “Together we are beautiful” this morning and that transported me back to my early childhood.

I love it when songs do that.

» Add a new message to this topic