FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Devastating Truths

Devastating Truths

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

is there a kind of undercurrent of ambient lying that is arguably essential for harmony?

You can't be doling out devastating truths to people all the time, otherwise daily life would undoubtedly be a deranged and vitriolic monologue.

With the amount of low-grade lying required to maintain civility, are those that proclaim to hate lying, the biggest liars? Is lying a necessary part of life despite its dangerous consequences?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

You have your blatant lies, your white lies, deceitful lies.

No one likes a liar, including me. So truth with subtlety at times maybe.

Other times straight out truth.

And, I admit to telling a white lie.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Absolutely.

For me its when I'm at work.

If I was honest I would be sacked

I have to pretend to like colleagues, I have to pretend to 'enjoy ' the work I'm doing and I have to have fake conversations that I have no interest in whatsoever.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

For me and I do hate liars as I am a grab the bull by the horns tell it to me straight kinda gal

I see the necessity of lying in society but I just choose not to pass information on instead, I'm not going to fabricate stories to airbrush my opinions, especially if I know that the person would be not be able to cope with the information

By *ulahlollipopWoman  over a year ago

Reading/London

There’s a difference between lying and withholding your opinions. Just because you think something doesn’t make it “the truth”- there isn’t just one “truth” in most social circumstances, but rather many versions

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 10:48:59]

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

Lying as a rule is wrong. But when someone says I say it as I see it, I do think that a number of behaviours seem to have gone missing.

Diplomacy, saying things in a way that is acceptable to all parties but may not be wholly accurate from each parties standpoint.

Tact. Knowing when not to say something

Courtesy. Stating unpleasant things in a polite way.

For a certain generation "Yes Minister" and "Yes Prime Minister" blew the above out of the water.

"No your bum doesn't look big in that dress"

"You are the only person I'm mailing"

"Yes I did cum"

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

Everyone tells lies of some sort. Those that say they never lie...one word....Santa.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I see no value in hurting someone's feelings for the sake of your truth. That old phrase "the truth never hurt anyone" is one of the biggest lies.

"Everyone tells lies of some sort. Those that say they never lie...one word....Santa."

Santa doesn't lie.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Everyone tells lies of some sort. Those that say they never lie...one word....Santa.

Santa doesn't lie. "

He does. I'm still waiting for my bike

You are not a slave. Money is real.

Government care about the people. Royalty is noble.

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

"Everyone tells lies of some sort. Those that say they never lie...one word....Santa.

Santa doesn't lie.

He does. I'm still waiting for my bike "

And that wasnt a torch in his pocket

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

People can't handle the truth.

I only lie to spare people feelings and not to protect my own insecurity.

Devastating truths... nice title OP! Like it

"You have your blatant lies, your white lies, deceitful lies.

No one likes a liar, including me. So truth with subtlety at times maybe.

Other times straight out truth.

And, I admit to telling a white lie.

"

Agree with this ^

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

Sometimes it is easier to not tell the full truth...

"There’s a difference between lying and withholding your opinions. Just because you think something doesn’t make it “the truth”- there isn’t just one “truth” in most social circumstances, but rather many versions "

Haha fair point!

Compulsive liars, they lie about anything and everything! To cover their lies they have to keep telling more lies... spun a web of deceit and they can't get out of it. I stay away from those ones.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Humans learn to lie at a young age and see the hidden truths that abound in the world. Continuing to pursue economic growth, oil exploration, drilling and economies founded on it, whilst the world, great volumes of the lifeforms on it etc are pushed close to major destruction with world leaders ignoring it.

Thousands of deaths around the world from poverty induced causes, whilst a large number of others live in excessive abundance, are aspects of real life that are airbrushed from our central focus.

There are many ways that we can lie, we may distort or 'forget', convenient erasure of facts, whilst distraction prevails. Some of this is done at a global and national level. And as individuals we often buy into it. We avoid the uncomfortable, or some of it. We are habit forming creatures and get normalised to what we are doing, to the extent that we run on autopilot. It's a dead way of living.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

It's a vast topic and not a black and white one at all.

We live in a culture that views our human challenging feelings as bad or wrong and as a result we make lots of decisions in order spare our own or others egos/feelings.

It results in a psycholgical storm of denial, illusion, expectation, opinion, judgement, manipulation, cognitive dissonance, misconception and preferred realities.

The only person you can really be true to is yourself. And even then, we are are a just bundle of perceived ideas which form one reality out of many!

How we flow between truth and perception in relation to others and to our own reality, is a complex dance. There are a multitude of truths. But I like to think there is always a deep instinctive 'knowing' which is within us all.

Those big conscious deceitful lies are best avoided .. or ousted. For me, I would rather a painful truth than a lie which maintains an illusion of peace.

"Absolutely.

For me its when I'm at work.

If I was honest I would be sacked

I have to pretend to like colleagues, I have to pretend to 'enjoy ' the work I'm doing and I have to have fake conversations that I have no interest in whatsoever."

So true!

Then there are the white lies told to protect people's feelings. For example, if a guy messages me and I have no interest in meeting him because I feel no attraction, I will choose the least offensive way to let him down. Like saying he lives too far away etc. It's not a lie as such, it's true, but it would be mean to give him a full detailed list of reasons why I'm not interested.

Same goes for me please guys, if I'm not your type, just tell me I'm far too pretty and you don't really go for that type. I can take that

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"There’s a difference between lying and withholding your opinions. Just because you think something doesn’t make it “the truth”- there isn’t just one “truth” in most social circumstances, but rather many versions "

Its far too easy to lie

So for that reason I just dont bother, no fun in it.

» Add a new message to this topic