FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I think I have a ghost!!!

I think I have a ghost!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *edrick OP   Woman  over a year ago

nottingham

HELP, not in keeping with fab in the slightest but does anyone have any advice or experience with ghosts?

I'm very sceptical but there are a few unexplained things and noises happening (only in my daughters room). She's terrified and I've tried to reassure her but I honestly experienced something in her room long before she did so I think we have an unwelcome visitor!

Thd house is only around 30 years old and noone has ever died here that I'm aware of. What's going on?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Is it only noises that you hear?

By *exymidscouple2017Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Don't stress about it.

Most ghosts mean no harm.

B38

What kind of unexplained things?

Bless your daughter, it must be quite unsettling..well for you both.

nottingham

"Is it only noises that you hear? "

My daughter says she feels someone standing over her. But this "ghost" has also made her bed! It's a helpful ghost but still scary for an 8 year old!

By *exy_mixed_coupleCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

What sort of noises do you hear and what experience did you have? A little more detail might help explain what it was.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is no such thing as ghosts, does that help ? The unexplained can always be explained

nottingham

"Don't stress about it.

"

Impossible not to stress when you've got a daughter absolutely scared shitless! I'm sure it means no harm but why her?

By *zoreanMan  over a year ago

Witney

"Is it only noises that you hear?

My daughter says she feels someone standing over her. But this "ghost" has also made her bed! It's a helpful ghost but still scary for an 8 year old! "

Try talking to a medium, maybe some dear family member misses you and needs some guidance.

Dont believe in ghosts what so ever.

But, isn't there a myth that burning sage gets rid of ghosts? Could do that with your daughter to try and settle her

Who ya gonna call.....?

nottingham

"What sort of noises do you hear and what experience did you have? A little more detail might help explain what it was."

Rustling through her toy box, footsteps on her floor (laminate), her bed has also been made numerous times unexplainably. I slept in her bed whilst I decorated my room and i was woken 2 nights in a row but someone kneeling at the side of the bed staring at me. Also heard footsteps when noone has been here!

I'm sure theres an explanation..what's actually happened??

We had similar many years ago ,Spirits do tend to latch onto the youngest . We had our local priest come over & bless our house . Some people believe some don’t & others have an open mind on this . You decide

B38

Has it always been there..since you moves in?

nottingham

"Dont believe in ghosts what so ever.

But, isn't there a myth that burning sage gets rid of ghosts? Could do that with your daughter to try and settle her"

I never believed but I never experienced anything untill now and it's very unsettling!

Hinckley

I’d sincerely recommend you talk to your daughter about how she is. We are living through troubled times and everyone deals with, and processes things very differently.

It’s far more likely that you daughter is reaching out to you via this rather than you have a ghost.

B38

"What sort of noises do you hear and what experience did you have? A little more detail might help explain what it was.

Rustling through her toy box, footsteps on her floor (laminate), her bed has also been made numerous times unexplainably. I slept in her bed whilst I decorated my room and i was woken 2 nights in a row but someone kneeling at the side of the bed staring at me. Also heard footsteps when noone has been here!"

No wonder she is freaking out! that would freak me out

nottingham

"Has it always been there..since you moves in?"

We moved in November and I 1st felt it in March. My daughter more recently

By *exymidscouple2017Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Don't stress about it.

Impossible not to stress when you've got a daughter absolutely scared shitless! I'm sure it means no harm but why her?"

Aw bless her. It may be a family member or friend? I had one in my bedroom for years in my old house. Never knew who it was but it liked being around me. Guess it may have been lonely.

B38

"I’d sincerely recommend you talk to your daughter about how she is. We are living through troubled times and everyone deals with, and processes things very differently.

It’s far more likely that you daughter is reaching out to you via this rather than you have a ghost."

What about mom experiencing this herself?

But yes, always good to reach out to kids

Nightmares are common in children, especially with lockdown...Lucid dreams are a known phenomena with prisoners.

Is she unsettled or anxious...

Whatever advice you seek, I doubt you will get anything of substance from Fab.

nottingham

"I’d sincerely recommend you talk to your daughter about how she is. We are living through troubled times and everyone deals with, and processes things very differently.

It’s far more likely that you daughter is reaching out to you via this rather than you have a ghost."

I'd normally agree but how come I have felt similar things to her and i never told her as I didnt want to scare her!

"Nightmares are common in children, especially with lockdown...Lucid dreams are a known phenomena with prisoners.

"

I'd have to agree tbh

nottingham

"There is no such thing as ghosts, does that help ? The unexplained can always be explained "

Who's making the bed? And why does this same person not clean the rest of the house? Ha ha!

Hinckley

"Has it always been there..since you moves in?

We moved in November and I 1st felt it in March. My daughter more recently "

This is around the time corona started. There is no scientific evidence for ghosts but plenty on the strange responses we have to stress.

Try and do something fun this weekend and definitely make sure you get out the house and get some fresh air. Trying to decompress and relax is the best way to ward away your ‘ghost’

Hinckley

"There is no such thing as ghosts, does that help ? The unexplained can always be explained

Who's making the bed? And why does this same person not clean the rest of the house? Ha ha!"

If your daughter is reaching out to you it’s likely her making the bed

nottingham

"Nightmares are common in children, especially with lockdown...Lucid dreams are a known phenomena with prisoners.

"

This is not nightmares, I've felt it myself. This is happening whilst we're awake also!

Hinckley

Oh, one last one from us, get a carbon monoxide detector if you don’t have one and locate one near any boilers AND any gas fire places.

It’s a silent killer and can cause hallucinations whilst slowly poisoning you. Can’t stress how important this is. Loads of examples of people experiencing ghosts when it was a gas leak.

If things are that bad id get in touch with a paranormal group/ghost hunter type of group. See what they pick up. I imagine theres some genuine ones in the ok. Im sceptical myself but worth trying if its scaring your family x

By *ictor777Man  over a year ago

Crewe

I believe some people are both susceptible to seeing and hearing strange events and phenomena.(sadly I’m not one but my wife does)

My sister had a similar event happened to her many years ago , we ended up using a priest to bless her room ( I won’t go into details because I don’t want to scare or upset you ) . Hopefully your visitor remains friendly., however it might be an idea for you to move your daughter out of the room temporarily and see if things continue in that same room or whether it follows her!

nottingham

"There is no such thing as ghosts, does that help ? The unexplained can always be explained

Who's making the bed? And why does this same person not clean the rest of the house? Ha ha!

If your daughter is reaching out to you it’s likely her making the bed"

It's not her making the bed, I've checked all these things to see if it was really her and shes been telling me porkies but I've purposely left it unmade when she's been at her dads and it's been made with only me in the house!

B38

"Oh, one last one from us, get a carbon monoxide detector if you don’t have one and locate one near any boilers AND any gas fire places.

It’s a silent killer and can cause hallucinations whilst slowly poisoning you. Can’t stress how important this is. Loads of examples of people experiencing ghosts when it was a gas leak. "

That's a great idea. I would never have thought of this. You just never know

nottingham

"I believe some people are both susceptible to seeing and hearing strange events and phenomena.(sadly I’m not one but my wife does)

My sister had a similar event happened to her many years ago , we ended up using a priest to bless her room ( I won’t go into details because I don’t want to scare or upset you ) . Hopefully your visitor remains friendly., however it might be an idea for you to move your daughter out of the room temporarily and see if things continue in that same room or whether it follows her! "

It only seems to happen in her room. Shes in with me for the foreseeable!

B38

I'd definitely seek some help. I wouldn't know where to start. A local priest, paranormal investigators..both.

Good luck with this. I really hope you get it sorted.

nottingham

"Oh, one last one from us, get a carbon monoxide detector if you don’t have one and locate one near any boilers AND any gas fire places.

It’s a silent killer and can cause hallucinations whilst slowly poisoning you. Can’t stress how important this is. Loads of examples of people experiencing ghosts when it was a gas leak. "

Interesting, thankyou

nottingham

"I'd definitely seek some help. I wouldn't know where to start. A local priest, paranormal investigators..both.

Good luck with this. I really hope you get it sorted."

Thankyou x

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I, like you, do believe. I have had numerous things happen in my house but we have learnt to live with it now.

If it is friendly simply try asking it to leave. Burn sage in each corner of the room to cleanse it while telling the spirit it is disturbing you and to please move on.

If this doesn't work try contacting a local spiritual group they can often be very helpful.

I hope your home feels more settled soon.

Hinckley

It’s a silent killer and can cause hallucinations whilst slowly poisoning you. Can’t stress how important this is. Loads of examples of people experiencing ghosts when it was a gas leak.

Interesting, thankyou "

They need to locates on the wall about 3/4 of the way up, plenty of info on the web or you can get British Gas to help you.

"I believe some people are both susceptible to seeing and hearing strange events and phenomena.(sadly I’m not one but my wife does)

My sister had a similar event happened to her many years ago , we ended up using a priest to bless her room ( I won’t go into details because I don’t want to scare or upset you ) . Hopefully your visitor remains friendly., however it might be an idea for you to move your daughter out of the room temporarily and see if things continue in that same room or whether it follows her!

It only seems to happen in her room. Shes in with me for the foreseeable!"

While she is in with you, mess her bed up every day before you sleep and use a webcam or something to record it. Do this for about a week, also record any sounds coming from the room, especially at night times

Obviously if you can do those things

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

My thoughts too

Would it not be terrible to overlook the real cause and perpetuate a ghost myth ?

It's the bed making

If there are only 2 in the house it's one of you doing it either consciously or sub unconsciously

nottingham

It only seems to happen in her room. Shes in with me for the foreseeable!

While she is in with you, mess her bed up every day before you sleep and use a webcam or something to record it. Do this for about a week, also record any sounds coming from the room, especially at night times

Obviously if you can do those things"

I think this is the next step but I'm also scared of catching anything!

Hinckley

Try giving this a read

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/science/6-possible-scientific-reasons-for-ghosts?utm_source=sciam&utm_campaign=sciam

But specifically the bit on carbon monoxide below

3. Carbon monoxide

Just as breathing in mold could lead us to see, hear, and feel things that aren’t really there, so too can breathing in too much carbon monoxide. We have carbon monoxide detectors in our homes to make sure we are not breathing in this odorless, colorless gas that slowly poisons us while going undetected by our senses.

But before a carbon monoxide gas leak poisons us, it can cause auditory hallucinations, a feeling of pressure on your chest, and an “unexplained feeling of dread.” An often-told ghost story from the 1920s about the H family who moved into a new house only to hear footsteps, see apparitions, and feel malicious paranormal presences, turned out to be the result of carbon monoxide poisoning from a broken furnace.

nottingham

"I, like you, do believe. I have had numerous things happen in my house but we have learnt to live with it now.

If it is friendly simply try asking it to leave. Burn sage in each corner of the room to cleanse it while telling the spirit it is disturbing you and to please move on.

If this doesn't work try contacting a local spiritual group they can often be very helpful.

I hope your home feels more settled soon. "

Thankyou for your advice

nottingham

"Try giving this a read

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/science/6-possible-scientific-reasons-for-ghosts?utm_source=sciam&utm_campaign=sciam

But specifically the bit on carbon monoxide below

3. Carbon monoxide

Just as breathing in mold could lead us to see, hear, and feel things that aren’t really there, so too can breathing in too much carbon monoxide. We have carbon monoxide detectors in our homes to make sure we are not breathing in this odorless, colorless gas that slowly poisons us while going undetected by our senses.

But before a carbon monoxide gas leak poisons us, it can cause auditory hallucinations, a feeling of pressure on your chest, and an “unexplained feeling of dread.” An often-told ghost story from the 1920s about the H family who moved into a new house only to hear footsteps, see apparitions, and feel malicious paranormal presences, turned out to be the result of carbon monoxide poisoning from a broken furnace."

I'll get 1, you never know, but still doesnt explain the bed making!

I wish i had a ghost.. Hes as fit as hell.

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

But, isn't there a myth that burning sage gets rid of ghosts? Could do that with your daughter to try and settle her"

I’m with you PoF tell her the myth and try and make it a fun ‘exorcism’ probably don’t use that word though

D.

By *ull2getherMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"If it is friendly simply try asking it to leave. Burn sage in each corner of the room to cleanse it while telling the spirit it is disturbing you and to please move on.

If this doesn't work try contacting a local spiritual group they can often be very helpful. "

I'd echo this advice. Using sage and saying out loud how you feel about what's going on. I'd avoid trying to contact them with a spirit board (Ouija board), as this can stir up other issues if not done properly...

Can you try and let her sleep in your room to see if the connection can be broken, if it's happening mainly in her room it may be worth a try?

Try and stay strong around her because if she sees you worried then that will make her anxiety worse.

Easier said than done but we feel for you xx

"If it is friendly simply try asking it to leave. Burn sage in each corner of the room to cleanse it while telling the spirit it is disturbing you and to please move on.

I'd echo this advice. Using sage and saying out loud how you feel about what's going on. I'd avoid trying to contact them with a spirit board (Ouija board), as this can stir up other issues if not done properly... "

Crikey don't mention opening the portal of communicating. Never ends well

nottingham

I'd echo this advice. Using sage and saying out loud how you feel about what's going on. I'd avoid trying to contact them with a spirit board (Ouija board), as this can stir up other issues if not done properly...

Crikey don't mention opening the portal of communicating. Never ends well"

I'd never do that. My dad did it as a kid and he is still scared to this day!

I watch all they paranormal shows on the TV

Sounds like you either have a cursed item in your house or on your land

or it's a demon and you need an exorcist

Mice?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Regardless of whether you believe its a ghost or not I suggest you and your daughter do a special little ceremony in her room. First clean it thoroughly together, open all the windows then light a white candle. Then ask whoever it is to leave the house because it belongs to you now.

This might reassure your daughter.

I'd also try reassuring her in different ways about the current situation and anything else that might be worrying her. Put a night light in her room and leave her door open. Also put a special "protective" item in her room, a stone or special ornament or something.

The power of suggestion is extremely strong.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"HELP, not in keeping with fab in the slightest but does anyone have any advice or experience with ghosts?

I'm very sceptical but there are a few unexplained things and noises happening (only in my daughters room). She's terrified and I've tried to reassure her but I honestly experienced something in her room long before she did so I think we have an unwelcome visitor!

Thd house is only around 30 years old and noone has ever died here that I'm aware of. What's going on? "

TheProperty does not have to no old, spirits Will choose young people because of their inocent mind.

Have you or your daughter purchased anything that was placed in her room around the time events started happening ?.

If so remove from room.

Place dried sage sticks in a burner and wave All around around the room and the purchased item.

london

"Regardless of whether you believe its a ghost or not I suggest you and your daughter do a special little ceremony in her room. First clean it thoroughly together, open all the windows then light a white candle. Then ask whoever it is to leave the house because it belongs to you now.

This might reassure your daughter.

I'd also try reassuring her in different ways about the current situation and anything else that might be worrying her. Put a night light in her room and leave her door open. Also put a special "protective" item in her room, a stone or special ornament or something.

The power of suggestion is extremely strong. "

london

Crikey don't mention opening the portal of communicating. Never ends well

I'd never do that. My dad did it as a kid and he is still scared to this day!"

A board needs to be used by someone spitball in a controlled manner.

Opening the session and closing it down, inviting spirits in and asking them to leaves.

It’s unwise for the sceptical to attempt this.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Can I just say that you should discount every possible cause before assuming it's paranormal. My suggestion was to calm and comfort a young mind.

"HELP, not in keeping with fab in the slightest but does anyone have any advice or experience with ghosts?

Thd house is only around 30 years old and noone has ever died here that I'm aware of. What's going on?

TheProperty does not have to no old, spirits Will choose young people because of their inocent mind.

Have you or your daughter purchased anything that was placed in her room around the time events started happening ?.

If so remove from room.

Place dried sage sticks in a burner and wave All around around the room and the purchased item."

Innocent minds! Maybe it's more to do with kids having extra sensory perception. How many people had an imaginary friend when they were young? Were they actually imaginary friends or did they see someone an adult was unable to?

It's not her making the bed, I've checked all these things to see if it was really her and shes been telling me porkies but I've purposely left it unmade when she's been at her dads and it's been made with only me in the house!"

Set up a camera and film it. Then go on wikipedia, they have a list if cash prizes available for anyone who can prove paranormal activity. You'll be loaded ......

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

My Nan always said it’s the living you need to be afraid of not the dead.

I would set up a camera in the bedroom to find out about the bed making first of all along with the carbon monoxide monitor as you should have one of these anyway.

What was on the land before your house and can you speak with the previous owners?

Will grew up in a house with strange things happening, like chairs being put on tables, taps turning fully on, heavy doors opening, things flying across the room etc. And also my cousins daughter at 5 said a french pilot was in her room and said his name, along with other things happening and she had a voice that wasn’t there’s on a video they did of the kids opening Christmas presents and the tv wasn’t on either and the reaction of her eldest daughter on the video when it happened made you certainly question ghosts.

I’ve often felt like a presence of someone although never seen anything properly, even made me cry once when I thought I glimpsed someone and felt like they moved around me

but when I turned nobody was there, all very strange.

Good luck.

The sound of footsteps can come from ‘pipe hammer’/thermal expansion; has heating been on at the time of the noises?

The bed I can’t explain, especially if it’s with just you in the house. As suggested, get a webcam set up if you can.

ashby de la zouch

It's not her making the bed, I've checked all these things to see if it was really her and shes been telling me porkies but I've purposely left it unmade when she's been at her dads and it's been made with only me in the house!"

I'll be blunt

If you are the only person in the house

The person making the bed is you xx

You imo should be more concerned that you are doing things and forgetting than you should be chasing ideas and solutions that an unknown force is

It's a very simple fact I'm afraid

IF you tell the truth which I'm positive you are

If the bed was un made then you discover it made with only you in the house it's you doing it without knowing

I'd want to solve that and not smoke sage

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'd question the made bed too. To be able to actually make a bed takes a whole lot of energy.

Exactly this ^^^^

It's not her making the bed, I've checked all these things to see if it was really her and shes been telling me porkies but I've purposely left it unmade when she's been at her dads and it's been made with only me in the house!

I'll be blunt

You imo should be more concerned that you are doing things and forgetting than you should be chasing ideas and solutions that an unknown force is

If the bed was un made then you discover it made with only you in the house it's you doing it without knowing

I'd want to solve that and not smoke sage "

My biggest concern is the welfare of the child. If mum wants to believe in ghosts that's up to her. If she's got to the point of making the bed and either lying about it to bolster her story or is unaware of her behaviour (sorry but if the bed has been made when she is alone in the house it can only be one of these options) it begs the question how far she will go - consciously or unconsciously. There is already a petrified little girl in the middle of this story and some of the suggestions above are clearly going to make that worse.

ashby de la zouch

I'll be blunt

I'd want to solve that and not smoke sage

My biggest concern is the welfare of the child. If mum wants to believe in ghosts that's up to her. If she's got to the point of making the bed and either lying about it to bolster her story or is unaware of her behaviour (sorry but if the bed has been made when she is alone in the house it can only be one of these options) it begs the question how far she will go - consciously or unconsciously. There is already a petrified little girl in the middle of this story and some of the suggestions above are clearly going to make that worse. "

That's my point beautifully made

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 10:29:48]

"What sort of noises do you hear and what experience did you have? A little more detail might help explain what it was.

Rustling through her toy box, footsteps on her floor (laminate), her bed has also been made numerous times unexplainably. I slept in her bed whilst I decorated my room and i was woken 2 nights in a row but someone kneeling at the side of the bed staring at me. Also heard footsteps when noone has been here!"

How odd. I don't believe in ghosts but the mind and imagination are trippy as fuck

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

A friend of ours said her daughter was scared of a ghost in her room too, so we printed off a picture of Dr Dee's Table, she put it in the room, and no more ghost.

It's an Elizabethan magical inscription, which invokes protection from the ArchAngels, and was designed to protect from all manner of evil spirits.

Easy to find online.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Thd house is only around 30 years old and noone has ever died here that I'm aware of. What's going on? "

It probably rats.

ashby de la zouch

"A friend of ours said her daughter was scared of a ghost in her room too, so we printed off a picture of Dr Dee's Table, she put it in the room, and no more ghost.

It's an Elizabethan magical inscription, which invokes protection from the ArchAngels, and was designed to protect from all manner of evil spirits.

Easy to find online."

I think placebo cures very useful. Not sure it will help the mother and her forgetful bed making

Never i repeat NEVER do a Ouija board, what your doing when you do it is your inviting something into your home that could be far worse than what you have already, i did it years ago and it invited a violent spirit into the house and it literally smashed the entire house up, not a fun experience so please NEVER do it

nottingham

It probably rats. "

Definitely not rats, I'm a clean freak!

"Is it only noises that you hear?

My daughter says she feels someone standing over her. But this "ghost" has also made her bed! It's a helpful ghost but still scary for an 8 year old!

Try talking to a medium, maybe some dear family member misses you and needs some guidance. "

am

I was just about to ask if a relative or close friend had passed away

ashby de la zouch

"Never i repeat NEVER do a Ouija board, what your doing when you do it is your inviting something into your home that could be far worse than what you have already, i did it years ago and it invited a violent spirit into the house and it literally smashed the entire house up, not a fun experience so please NEVER do it "

Iv done over 50

What you are actually doing is programming an impressionable brain with a jumbo jumbo voodoo meme

That's the danger not from a dead brain but from a very real live brain infected with a folklaw meme very very powerful tis suggestion

ashby de la zouch

It probably rats.

Definitely not rats, I'm a clean freak!"

How well are you sleeping in these non routine times ?

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

How awful for you both. To feel that worry and unsettling in your home isn't nice at all. Bear in mind if it is a ghost, it won't be here to cause you or your daughter harm.

I have no suggestions but have lots of hugs and laughter before bedtime, and have your daughter sleep in your room for a little while and see what happens.

nottingham

It probably rats.

How well are you sleeping in these non routine times ?"

We're sleeping amazing, normally way more than usual!

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I'm a paranormal sceptic (never seen a ghost) but if I did think something was up I'd call a priest for advice, I think contacting the church would be more likely to result in honest and helpful advice than anybody else.

ashby de la zouch

"I'm a paranormal sceptic (never seen a ghost) but if I did think something was up I'd call a priest for advice, I think contacting the church would be more likely to result in honest and helpful advice than anybody else."

That's humour isn't it ???

NW London

"I'm a paranormal sceptic (never seen a ghost) but if I did think something was up I'd call a priest for advice, I think contacting the church would be more likely to result in honest and helpful advice than anybody else.

That's humour isn't it ??? "

No, I'm Catholic so that would be who I'd seek spiritual advice from.

Craggy Island

It probably rats.

Definitely not rats, I'm a clean freak!"

So you clean behind the walls and plaster board and in the loft or cellar and under the floor boards.

ashby de la zouch

"I'm a paranormal sceptic (never seen a ghost) but if I did think something was up I'd call a priest for advice, I think contacting the church would be more likely to result in honest and helpful advice than anybody else.

No, I'm Catholic so that would be who I'd seek spiritual advice from."

How about psychology? Which is the most likely cause what education does a priest have regarding how brains function?

ashby de la zouch

It probably rats.

So you clean behind the walls and plaster board and in the loft or cellar and under the floor boards."

I was thinking the same

Rats like warmth and clean stuff they can build a nest in or with

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

There's no ghost.

Probably the clown living under the bed!

By *iggydog78Man  over a year ago

London

It probably rats.

So you clean behind the walls and plaster board and in the loft or cellar and under the floor boards.

I was thinking the same

"

Unless its Roland Rat, the lady has said beds have been made...

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Yes, smudge sticks (you can buy them on Etsy)

South

It could be a trapped bird, mice or a bat in the attic above her room maybe?

I had bats in my old home and it sounded like rustling.

"Never i repeat NEVER do a Ouija board, what your doing when you do it is your inviting something into your home that could be far worse than what you have already, i did it years ago and it invited a violent spirit into the house and it literally smashed the entire house up, not a fun experience so please NEVER do it "

Am I the only person who thinks it's a bit more than coincidence that a young mum imagines a ghost that makes beds while a young guy imagines once that smashes up the house?

The OP has a father who scared himself with a Ouija board, passed his fears to his daughter who has now done the same to her own child and here is a forum full of people who are encouraging that belief? Even the 'sceptics' are advising placebo solutions ignoring the fact that this simply reinforces the delusions not just in mum but in the little girl who is already primed to pass on this superstition to her kids.

I'm honestly saddened by the responses on this thread.

"It could be a trapped bird, mice or a bat in the attic above her room maybe?

I had bats in my old home and it sounded like rustling."

a trapped bird, mice or a bat cant make a bed

South

"Never i repeat NEVER do a Ouija board, what your doing when you do it is your inviting something into your home that could be far worse than what you have already, i did it years ago and it invited a violent spirit into the house and it literally smashed the entire house up, not a fun experience so please NEVER do it

Am I the only person who thinks it's a bit more than coincidence that a young mum imagines a ghost that makes beds while a young guy imagines once that smashes up the house?

The OP has a father who scared himself with a Ouija board, passed his fears to his daughter who has now done the same to her own child and here is a forum full of people who are encouraging that belief? Even the 'sceptics' are advising placebo solutions ignoring the fact that this simply reinforces the delusions not just in mum but in the little girl who is already primed to pass on this superstition to her kids.

I'm honestly saddened by the responses on this thread. "

All sorts of religious practices mention spirits in the spirit world. You can’t just write off other people’s beliefs just because you don’t believe.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It is NOT a ghost.

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 11:47:55]

Here's some actual advice.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hallucinations/

NW London

How about psychology? Which is the most likely cause what education does a priest have regarding how brains function?

"

Psychology and environmental changes (falling cold air for example) are most common causes of paranormal feelings.

I suggested asking a priest as they would not be as likely to jump to supernatural conclusions as others would and would also have a better network of people to get a balanced opinion from.

Craggy Island

It probably rats.

I was thinking the same

Unless its Roland Rat, the lady has said beds have been made... "

A made bed, so someone made a bed and forgot, it happens.

ashby de la zouch

"Never i repeat NEVER do a Ouija board, what your doing when you do it is your inviting something into your home that could be far worse than what you have already, i did it years ago and it invited a violent spirit into the house and it literally smashed the entire house up, not a fun experience so please NEVER do it

Sadly potentially a lot of truth here I feel

Memes are powerful

Every CofE diocese will have an exorcism specialist who is actually trained not only in the spiritual stuff but also in the emotional and mental health implications of someone experiencing unexplained phenomena in their home. A very good friend of mine had that role for a while and her experience was that most drew some comfort from having someone to talk to about it who wasnt going to instantly dismiss their concerns.

ashby de la zouch

Psychology and environmental changes (falling cold air for example) are most common causes of paranormal feelings.

I suggested asking a priest as they would not be as likely to jump to supernatural conclusions as others would and would also have a better network of people to get a balanced opinion from. "

Sorry run that by me again

A priest DOES NOT jump to supernatural conclusions?????

Think you will find they are a prime mover in that area x

There have been reports of ghosts for thousands of years. So i wouldn't dismiss it. My granddaughter was born a year after my father's death. Yet she kept telling her mum and my son that the kind old fat man would tell her stories. It wasn't until she visited her great grandmother.. My mum. That she saw a photo of my father.. "thats the fat man that comes and sees me!". Once she recognised him he has never reapeared. We believe he wanted to be known to his granddaughter.

Absolutely agree and could see the way it was going go when I posted above... All it has done is given a platform for misinformation and reinforce confirmation bias

Sorry but if I had genuine issues of a 'spiritual' kind then the last place I would seek it is on Fab or online anywhere tbh because the internet plays court to all manner of characters who's intentions are not always good.

"There have been reports of ghosts for thousands of years. So i wouldn't dismiss it. My granddaughter was born a year after my father's death. Yet she kept telling her mum and my son that the kind old fat man would tell her stories. It wasn't until she visited her great grandmother.. My mum. That she saw a photo of my father.. "thats the fat man that comes and sees me!". Once she recognised him he has never reapeared. We believe he wanted to be known to his granddaughter. "

agree with this,there are so many stories that not every one is or can be a lie.I for one will believe that my parents are still with me and my kids and nothing will change this

OP, is it just you and your daughter at home?

Are you home all the time at the moment?

How old is your daughter?

Does she see her dad much and is that hard for you?

I am asking as a mum to a 7 year old daughter who sees her dad every couple of weeks and her behaviour is always different when she has been to his.

I am wondering if you could be making the bed in your sleep?

I am wondering if this is how you manifest your stress?

I am thinking you should have a carbon monoxide monitor Anyway, they are essential for every house with gas.

I am thinking logically. You may have heard a mouse in her toy box.

Even spotless houses sometimes get them, its no reflection on you, or your cleanliness.

My daughter has become clingy since lockdown and they are dealing with big emotions, for small people.

I think that there are many extreme views about the existence of spiritual life because its similar to religion in that its not palpable.

Staying calm, and focusing on your daughter is the key here.

ashby de la zouch

"OP, is it just you and your daughter at home?

Are you home all the time at the moment?

How old is your daughter?

Does she see her dad much and is that hard for you?

I am asking as a mum to a 7 year old daughter who sees her dad every couple of weeks and her behaviour is always different when she has been to his.

I am wondering if you could be making the bed in your sleep?

I am wondering if this is how you manifest your stress?

I am thinking you should have a carbon monoxide monitor Anyway, they are essential for every house with gas.

I am thinking logically. You may have heard a mouse in her toy box.

Even spotless houses sometimes get them, its no reflection on you, or your cleanliness.

My daughter has become clingy since lockdown and they are dealing with big emotions, for small people.

I think that there are many extreme views about the existence of spiritual life because its similar to religion in that its not palpable.

Staying calm, and focusing on your daughter is the key here."

ashby de la zouch

"There have been reports of ghosts for thousands of years. So i wouldn't dismiss it. My granddaughter was born a year after my father's death. Yet she kept telling her mum and my son that the kind old fat man would tell her stories. It wasn't until she visited her great grandmother.. My mum. That she saw a photo of my father.. "thats the fat man that comes and sees me!". Once she recognised him he has never reapeared. We believe he wanted to be known to his granddaughter. "

Heres the way I'd look at that story

Would it not be fascinating to actually know the reason she was aware of "the story telling fat man"

I have a number of theories but whilst so many humans are simpley satisfied with "it's a ghost" rather than the chain of real events that lead to the child's visions , we will of course struggle to get to the route

As with the OP

Damn the bed is being made it's not supernatural I'd want to know exactly what's really happening even if it's my subconscious doing not even even , especially

Being passified with ghost stories in my opinion is a denying of the fact our minds are fallible humans don't like to admit they are psychologically fallible

nottingham

Thankyou everyone for either your positive wishes or unfortunately down right horrible suggestions that i may be crazy and suffering from health issues and passing this onto my children!

As I've said I'm a sceptical, no believe AT ALL untill there was unexplained things happening.

I am NOT making beds in my sleep, I am not going mad, I recently moved to the house in November. The previous owners were into spiritual things. I have spoken to my neighbours and they agreed they were very strange and something may still be attached to the house. Believe what you like I'm still undecided.

1 thing I do know is that it is not rats or mice, of course you dont clean in the loft etc but trust me I'd know if they were in the house, every room has been reboarded and plastered above had extensive work done since moving in.

I did not put this post up to invite bullies to suggest I'm mad, have psychological issues or to suggest im not meeting my childrens needs.

My children have all of their emotional needs met and I myself have a very clear understanding of mental health due to my job and people I treat.

Thankyou for those who have contacted my with support rather than negative thoughts its mucb appreciated.

I think we'll leave this here!

nottingham

"Thankyou everyone for either your positive wishes or unfortunately down right horrible suggestions that i may be crazy and suffering from health issues and passing this onto my children!

As I've said I'm a sceptical, no believe AT ALL untill there was unexplained things happening.

I am NOT making beds in my sleep, I am not going mad, I recently moved to the house in November. The previous owners were into spiritual things. I have spoken to my neighbours and they agreed they were very strange and something may still be attached to the house. Believe what you like I'm still undecided.

1 thing I do know is that it is not rats or mice, of course you dont clean in the loft etc but trust me I'd know if they were in the house, every room has been reboarded and plastered above had extensive work done since moving in.

I did not put this post up to invite bullies to suggest I'm mad, have psychological issues or to suggest im not meeting my childrens needs.

My children have all of their emotional needs met and I myself have a very clear understanding of mental health due to my job and people I treat.

Thankyou for those who have contacted my with support rather than negative thoughts its mucb appreciated.

I think we'll leave this here! "

Sorry for all the typos I'm typing quickly!

ashby de la zouch

"Thankyou everyone for either your positive wishes or unfortunately down right horrible suggestions that i may be crazy and suffering from health issues and passing this onto my children!

I think we'll leave this here!

Sorry for all the typos I'm typing quickly!"

It is of course not possible for you to declare that you are not subconsciously making the bed

You would not know

I'll repeat

IF a bed is being made and you are the only one in the house it is you who is doing it

And absolutely no one is suggesting you are mad or ill

It's wrong of you to suggest a very plausible suggestion of the almost certain reason is said with any malice

South

OP,

With regard to the bed making, have you thought about maybe putting up a hidden camera and telling nobody about it?

That’s one way of finding out.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

OP

First let your daughter that fear is not a nice thing to feel but perfectly normal and a great primal response to something unusual. And fear can be fed by imagination which can make things seem worse.

Forget about trying to work out what this is and just try taking back control of the situation.

Sounds like you both need to reclaim your space. 'Shop closed' to shenanigans.

Rearrange the bedroom, open the window, sage if you want .. basically shifting the atmosphere like you would a spring clean. Trust your instinct on what to do x

"OP

First let your daughter that fear is not a nice thing to feel but perfectly normal and a great primal response to something unusual. And fear can be fed by imagination which can make things seem worse.

Forget about trying to work out what this is and just try taking back control of the situation.

Sounds like you both need to reclaim your space. 'Shop closed' to shenanigans.

Rearrange the bedroom, open the window, sage if you want .. basically shifting the atmosphere like you would a spring clean. Trust your instinct on what to do x

"

I like this advice, bring it back down to a practical level rather than a fearful one. You can also both try simply sitting in the room and asking whatever it is to leave x

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I agree that Carbon Monoxide poisoning is the most likely cause.

It started in March, which coincides perfectly with everyone spending much more time at home than usual. It also explains why your daughter was affected first. She is smaller so more susceptible.

Get that CO2 detector immediately and all your gas appliances checked.

It's also essential that you explain to your daughter that it's not a ghost, and what it might be.

Hope you get it sorted.

london

I think we'll leave this here! "

Good luck

Ghosts don't exist so you need to tackle the problem from another perspective.

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

"OP,

With regard to the bed making, have you thought about maybe putting up a hidden camera and telling nobody about it?

That’s one way of finding out."

Exactly the thought I had. If a bed was being made in my house and no-one was doing it, then I'd want to know how that was happening.

"

All sorts of religious practices mention spirits in the spirit world. You can’t just write off other people’s beliefs just because you don’t believe."

I totally agree so I'll explain my reasoning in this case. Every single attempt to show actual evidence of paranormal behaviour has failed. There exists, to this day, millions of pounds of prize money waiting for someone to claim it, all they have to do is provide proof of (depending on the prize) some form of paranormal activity - no one has ever succeeded in a claim. Because of this the credence I give to the OP's claim is very very low.

I then look at the evidence in this thread, I don't know the OP so can only infer from her responses. I ask myself if I was in a position where my daughter was suffering real terror at sleeping in her room, terror that is both distressing for me to watch as a mother and concerning as to it's long term effects, would I

A) Try to see my GP

B) Research the paranormal online (with specific emphasis on how to shield a child)

C) Start a forum thread on a swinging site?

Assuming for the sake of kindness that I took option (C) out of desperation, and I get a kind answer suggestion CO poisoning and explaining how it can affect people do I

A) Shit myself with worry that my daughter could potentially be in mortal danger and question whether the effects could be strong enough that I could make the bed but not remember after

Or

B) Dismiss the suggestion because it doesn't fit my worldview that this has to be paranormal activity?

When numerous people suggest burning sage or contacting the Catholic church (either for placebo effect or genuine belief it will work) do I

A) See several replies the same so come back with 'thank you, I'll try that straight away, anything at all to help my daughter'

Or

B) Ignore these responses and instead reply to those that affirm my belief in the paranormal?

I'm sorry if I come across as rude the OP very clearly has an issue but whilst it's conceivable her fear of the spirit world could range from titillation to outright fear, her little girl is only going to be experiencing what to her feels like real terror and it is this little girl I'm concerned about not the OP's sensibilities. If the OP had run this thread in a way that expressed fear and concern for her daughter rather than a desire for affirmation of her beliefs or possibly attention for them I would probably be less blunt. She clearly needs help herself and that is what we should be suggesting not bloody demons living in the house.

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

As a sceptic myself, I've never heard of a bit of evidence, in ghost claims. When people say "unexplained noises" they are just that. To try and explain the unexplained, using ghosts as an answer doesn't work. Explain to daughter, ghosts don't exist, only in stories. I feel sorry for her believing, if it's upsetting her.

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"It could be a trapped bird, mice or a bat in the attic above her room maybe?

I had bats in my old home and it sounded like rustling.

a trapped bird, mice or a bat cant make a bed"

Did you never watch Snow White

nottingham

"

All sorts of religious practices mention spirits in the spirit world. You can’t just write off other people’s beliefs just because you don’t believe.

I totally agree so I'll explain my reasoning in this case. Every single attempt to show actual evidence of paranormal behaviour has failed. There exists, to this day, millions of pounds of prize money waiting for someone to claim it, all they have to do is provide proof of (depending on the prize) some form of paranormal activity - no one has ever succeeded in a claim. Because of this the credence I give to the OP's claim is very very low.

I then look at the evidence in this thread, I don't know the OP so can only infer from her responses. I ask myself if I was in a position where my daughter was suffering real terror at sleeping in her room, terror that is both distressing for me to watch as a mother and concerning as to it's long term effects, would I

A) Try to see my GP

B) Research the paranormal online (with specific emphasis on how to shield a child)

Assuming for the sake of kindness that I took option (C) out of desperation, and I get a kind answer suggestion CO poisoning and explaining how it can affect people do I

A) Shit myself with worry that my daughter could potentially be in mortal danger and question whether the effects could be strong enough that I could make the bed but not remember after

Or

B) Dismiss the suggestion because it doesn't fit my worldview that this has to be paranormal activity?

When numerous people suggest burning sage or contacting the Catholic church (either for placebo effect or genuine belief it will work) do I

A) See several replies the same so come back with 'thank you, I'll try that straight away, anything at all to help my daughter'

Or

B) Ignore these responses and instead reply to those that affirm my belief in the paranormal?

I'm sorry if I come across as rude the OP very clearly has an issue but whilst it's conceivable her fear of the spirit world could range from titillation to outright fear, her little girl is only going to be experiencing what to her feels like real terror and it is this little girl I'm concerned about not the OP's sensibilities. If the OP had run this thread in a way that expressed fear and concern for her daughter rather than a desire for affirmation of her beliefs or possibly attention for them I would probably be less blunt. She clearly needs help herself and that is what we should be suggesting not bloody demons living in the house."

Your entitled to your opinion of course, but yog have very limited information here. If you read my 1st message on the thread, j clearly stated in asking as my daughter is terrified, I was not asking for affirmation of my beliefs and ive said numerous times in this thread that I'm sceptical.

I bought it up on here as this is a platform for discussion of all kinds and there are many kind supportive people who have seen the way this way asked/intended as simply for support/advice for mh daughter and myself. The only issue I have here is the way you feel it your right to suggest that I "very clearly have an issue". I do nope that noone ever takes your opinion to heart as someone with real mental health issues might be very distressed in the way you've responded!

Thank goodness that's not me!

Ahh we have had some crazy experiences. We try to justify them however some just cant be explained

When I said you clearly have an issue I'm talking about your situation. Whether you have a real ghost, a nasty neighbour/ex/weirdo sneaking in the house and fucking with your mind, CO poisoning, mental health issues or whatever the explanation turns out to be you have a 'real issue'

My point is that posts that offer help with dealing with your issue are ignored or rejected while ones that discuss paranormal behaviour are responded to. Call me an arse if you like but that doesn't strike me as the behaviour of someone looking for answers

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

I have a gay ghost

He’s always trying to put the willies up me

nottingham

Unfortunately you can see my inbox as ive replied/responded to many privately offering support.

Maybe remember that you dont have all the information. At the heart of this is an 8 year old girl who is terrified. I of course have tried to explain everything anyway previously!

nottingham

"I have a gay ghost

He’s always trying to put the willies up me "

Ha ha ha

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 18:36:45]

ashby de la zouch

"

A) Try to see my GP

Or

Or

I'm sorry if I come across as rude the OP very clearly has an issue but whilst it's conceivable her fear of the spirit world could range from titillation to outright fear, her little girl is only going to be experiencing what to her feels like real terror and it is this little girl I'm concerned about not the OP's sensibilities. If the OP had run this thread in a way that expressed fear and concern for her daughter rather than a desire for affirmation of her beliefs or possibly attention for them I would probably be less blunt. She clearly needs help herself and that is what we should be suggesting not bloody demons living in the house."

This is a fine insightful and OBJECTIVE analysis

It is not rude or being spiteful to the op

Her saying so is a misprojection and an attempt to play victim

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 18:40:23]

ashby de la zouch

"Unfortunately you can see my inbox as ive replied/responded to many privately offering support.

Maybe remember that you dont have all the information. At the heart of this is an 8 year old girl who is terrified. I of course have tried to explain everything anyway previously!"

Exactly you have a terrified young girl

You dont have a ghost

Either you have an intruder or you make the bed

The girl needs protection

The above analysis of the situation by Nice But Very Naughty was spot on

Your reaction of wounded animal is wrong unfair and possibly insincere

You wouldt not know if your hypothalamus misfires

You cannot know

Taking a very wise suggestion as a slight upon you is wrong

Veritabley dishonest

You seem to have a twisted perspective that psychological explanations mean your not normal or severely ill

A bed is made

It's not a ghost

A child is scared

Perpetuateing a ghost explanation is not going to help

If you have never in your life done something and not realised you will be the only human ever

I sincerely hope co is not part of this I do not think it is

However the clear analysis above truly does suggest you are absolutely not a skeptic despite your empty words

And you would much prefer a ghost mystery explanation than anything that may actually solve the girls terror

I will admit that some of the above ( room rearrange) may stop whatever you are doing subconsciously and thus I condone it

But if a bed is being moved and you are alone it really is you and there is no way you could deny that

How many days do many of us drive or walk and realise we have done it on auto pilot

The mechanisms are there occasional glitches do not mean you are as you nicely put it "mad" psychological health is far more complex and subtle than that

I'll bring it back

You said

A bed is made

You are the only one there

It's not a ghost

Rig up a camera

3 things may occur

1 you will see who does it

2 you will switch it off

3 it wont happen again

If this post is not a fabrication you must set the camera up there is zero reason why you would not

All said with utter compassion for the lil lady for whom I'm a tad concerned

Craggy Island

"I have a gay ghost

He’s always trying to put the willies up me "

That's probably a dodgy family member who you don't see any more and we all have one of them.

"I'd definitely seek some help. I wouldn't know where to start. A local priest, paranormal investigators..both.

Good luck with this. I really hope you get it sorted.

Thankyou x"

Asking a local priest or paranormal investigator would most likely make her believe their really is a ghost; when obviously their isn't.

Even if you found a paranormal investigator you'll be fleased of all your money.

Buy her a Ghostbusters outfit and go ghostbusting or tell her it only harms children that have been naughty. I'd go with the first option as apparently ghostbusting makes you feel good.

» Add a new message to this topic