FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do I quit

How do I quit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asmeen OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Smoking?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ovelock4Man  over a year ago

Croydon

Vaping worked for me, although I know it’s not for everyone. You really have to want to. Nothing will work unless you want to.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Vaping worked for me, although I know it’s not for everyone. You really have to want to. Nothing will work unless you want to. "

I do I'm trying x

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

Just don't buy another pack. It will be tough for about 10 to 15 days, but it will get better pretty quick after that. Good luck !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's easy. Mind over matter. Get patches to help for first 1 to 2 week. I found a stress ball helped.

By *ovelock4Man  over a year ago

Croydon

"Vaping worked for me, although I know it’s not for everyone. You really have to want to. Nothing will work unless you want to.

I do I'm trying x"

Stick with it. Concentrate on how well you’re doing.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Vaping worked for me, although I know it’s not for everyone. You really have to want to. Nothing will work unless you want to.

I do I'm trying x

Stick with it. Concentrate on how well you’re doing. "

Thanks x

STOKE ON TRENT

"Just don't buy another pack. It will be tough for about 10 to 15 days, but it will get better pretty quick after that. Good luck !"

Xx

I (Mrs) gave up for 9 years once. Need to try again x

STOKE ON TRENT

"I (Mrs) gave up for 9 years once. Need to try again x"

"Trying" is failing already!

Positive mental attitude is needed.

Go to your gp and ask for help. Theyll be extremely happy to help as they get paid if you actually quit!

The tablets are amazing and I had no real side effects. They dont contain any nicotine so you are not swapping one addiction for another.

Its tough I stopped 40 years ago.

You just need to be absolutely determined to stop.

I also got away from people and any situation with smoking.

By *adyA01Woman  over a year ago

Wellington

I am 5 weeks in on patches, got myself down to the lowest dose patch now and yesterday, it can off at some point in the afternoon and I didn't even notice...

The first couple of weeks are the hardest... Mindset and will power all the way... good luck xx

After 40+ years of smoking, my dad just stopped. Kept a cupboard full of tobacco and always had his pouch on him for about 2 or 3 years. Said he would crave them more if he didnt have them on him. Hasn't put a single smoke to his mouth for almost 20 years now.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Smoking?"

Stop buying cigarettes!

By *ulahlollipopWoman  over a year ago

Reading/London

Giving up smoking was the hardest thing I ever did- well done for trying. In the end what I did was put the equivalent money aside for the first 6 months. I used to smoke 20 a day (gave up when I was 24). So I put aside £5 per day into a jar that I would have spent on Cigarettes. When you see the cash mount up like that it reminds you how much you are wasting! I saved about a thousand pounds in 6 months! I then went and booked a lovely holiday with the money

Also tell everyone in your life that you are quitting so they can help to keep you accountable.

You could try reading a book by Allen Carr that helps you quit- it worked for lots of friends of mine.

I hope you’re able to quit- well done for reaching out. Good luck xxx

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

Champix - it’s a free prescription and is absolutely magic stuff, can highly recommend.

I downloaded an app that shows the health improvement each day and totals the money you save daily,

It definitely helped motivate me to stop

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

It's not easy but you've taken the first step so good for you.

Firstly, you really have to want to stop and you have to be stopping for yourself, not someone else.

Set yourself targets, small ones at first such as just a few hours then lengthen the target over time. You'll find the first three weeks or so the hardest, after that I found it got a little easier. You'll find it really difficult when you're having a drink and won't know what to do with your hands, this is where a stressball or something similar can be helpful.

Also, you have to be realistic and truthful with yourself. Even a few years after stopping you will still get an urge every niw and then to have a cigarette. I can guarantee that the little devil sitting on your shoulder will be saying, "go on, have one, it won't hurt". Don't do it, it will set you back years.

Finally, just keep reminding yourself that the final result will be worth it. You'll look and feel better as well as being about £3500 a year better off if you're an average smoker.

Good luck.

By *ungscotsman26Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Best of luck! Never been a smoker but definitely total up how much you are saving and keep it aside. And set yourself targets along the way. Then every time you get the urge just think of the holiday you could have with the money or how much healthier you will be. You can do it.

"Champix - it’s a free prescription and is absolutely magic stuff, can highly recommend."

It’s not for everyone and does have side effects. I tried champix and it made me have suicidal thoughts, I felt awful. I stopped taking them and my mood returned to normal.

OP why do you want to stop smoking? This is the biggest thing, it is mind over matter and you have to really want to stop. I tried just not buying any and would find I craved them more. So I stopped when I had a full pack in the house, I knew the option was there and had to make an almost constant choice not to.

The first 2 weeks were the hardest, after that it became easier. I still do crave them occasionally now but I don’t miss the smell, the cost of the effect on my health.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I stopped 15years ago with nicotine gum. Had a bad time a few years ago so now vape as did not want to buy cigarettes.

It kills should be enough motivation

By *ensual -lover69Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

"Smoking?"

Try champex, that is what I used to give up 8 years ago

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I stopped 6 years ago ... just gave up used my willpower has been smoking for 35yrs !!! Had tried numerous times to stop ... but the reason my chest was getting wheezy was the reason I needed !!! So glad I did now ... the best decision ever

By *hilliandspiceMan  over a year ago

Wimborne

Everybody is different (cue life of Brian voice from the back saying I'm not).

So different methods work.

I quit for 5 minutes 23 years ago and am still quit.

Two things did it, daughter rocked up into the world and every time I had a craving for a smoke I would tell myself that I would have one in five minutes when I had finished what I was doing. Oddly because it satisfies the addicted part of the brain it worked.

Usually five minutes later I was doing something else.

So you don't focus on giving up forever, just need to stop for five minutes and anyone can do that.

Best of luck with it and I hope you find your method.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We stopped over 30 years ago. We listened to Alan Carr (on cassette) and just never smoked again. It wasn't easy but it wasn't desperately hard either. I don't know if his stuff is still available though.

I stated vaping 4 years ago, not had a single fag since. You have to get used to the feeling of vaping just like when you start smoking, it makes you cough a bit. Many people quit trying vape without persevering.

I enjoyed smoking, didn't want to give up but did for money reasons, vaping and mixing your own juice is way cheaper, I only use a vape that cost me 30 quid, my first one was 5.99 from home bargains. You need to get the nicotine strength right too or you'll still get cravings, I'm only on 3mg but heavy smokers might need up to 18mg.

I love vaping and have no intention of giving it up.

I went cold turkey each time so probably not very helpful, but telling someone and talking it through usually helped me feel accountable to someone and proud of how far I went, didnt want to jeopardise it with a moment of weakness.. so it was good to have someone to remind me why I'm doing it.

Best of luck. And as someone said.. dont say I'm trying to give up. Say I'm giving up and go through with it

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

"Smoking?"

Contacy your GP surgery, and ask to be referred to a Smoking Cessation service.

Good luck!

"Smoking?"

I read that book, Allan Carr's easy way to stop smoking. That was 17 years ago. From what I remember it was very good, not preachy and he encourages you to smoke while you read.

In the end I no longer felt the need or desire to smoke ciggies. Even at highly stressful times I never reached for the cigs.

Good luck in however you decide to do it.

"Smoking?"

Just give up for today. Or for the next 2 hours. That feels not as bad as giving up 'forever'. You can do 2 hours.

Then do the same again. No cigs for the next 2 hours... etc

If you do have one, don't beat yourself up about it. X

Make a promise to yourself every morning that you're not going to smoke. When cravings happen just keep repeating 'not today'.

Take it one day at a time.

You've got this. Not today. Not today. Not today.

Smoke free 2 years.

Good luck x

By *zoreanMan  over a year ago

Witney

Get your head and your life in order, throw away your cigarettes, talk to your gp and start taking anxiety pills for a while. After 2 weeks you'll be as good as new. I did the above and I've been 1.5 years smoke free.

What do you enjoy that isn't smoking? Save the money you would have spent on that and spend it on something more productive. Yourself, family, etc? Ps how can anyone afford to smoke these days it's so bloody expensive!

"Smoking?"

Took me about ten years. Nicotine patches work. I started chewing liquorice root as well to replace the feel of something in my mouth (ooher missus!) All boils down to will power and not giving in to the craving to smoke. Warn all your friends that you've given up as well. You will get grumpy!

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

When I was rushed into hospital and kept in there was no way I could sneak out for one so had to do cold goose but I did it had a relapse last year daughter found them went mad and threw them down a drain haven't since good luck xx

STOKE ON TRENT

Thanks everyone I want to quit for health reasons and I will xx

STOKE ON TRENT

"Giving up smoking was the hardest thing I ever did- well done for trying. In the end what I did was put the equivalent money aside for the first 6 months. I used to smoke 20 a day (gave up when I was 24). So I put aside £5 per day into a jar that I would have spent on Cigarettes. When you see the cash mount up like that it reminds you how much you are wasting! I saved about a thousand pounds in 6 months! I then went and booked a lovely holiday with the money

Also tell everyone in your life that you are quitting so they can help to keep you accountable.

You could try reading a book by Allen Carr that helps you quit- it worked for lots of friends of mine.

I hope you’re able to quit- well done for reaching out. Good luck xxx"

Champix worked for me! I FORGOT to smoke! So weird! You take 1 tablet a day for 10 days while smoking, day 10 is your quit day then you take 2 tablets a day.....well on day 10 i woke up, saw my last fag in the packet, made a coffee & forgot to have my last fag. I decided to have it later, lunch time arrived & i forgot again. The fag sat in the packet for a month with me intending on smoking it, but i just binned it in the end (usually against my religion to BIN a fag) No withdrawl,no bad side effects (mental vivid dteams), no problems at all.

They worked like MAGIC!!!!

Tried all sorts, none of the standard things worked, Champix included, started smoking cafe creme cigars instead, but just 2 or 3 a day, no cigs or roll ups,worked for a while then ended up on 20 a day,then started coughing and spluttering, enough was enough, bought a multi pack of chewing gum, every time had urge to smoke, had a chewing gum, ok got addicted to them but rather chew 20 a day than smoke 20 a day, don't have that addiction anymore and 8yrs clean of smoking, keeping fit and exercise is motivation too as you realise how fucked your lungs are when you first start.

Easy.

Just don’t smoke.

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

"Champix - it’s a free prescription and is absolutely magic stuff, can highly recommend.

It’s not for everyone and does have side effects. I tried champix and it made me have suicidal thoughts, I felt awful. I stopped taking them and my mood returned to normal.

OP why do you want to stop smoking? This is the biggest thing, it is mind over matter and you have to really want to stop. I tried just not buying any and would find I craved them more. So I stopped when I had a full pack in the house, I knew the option was there and had to make an almost constant choice not to.

The first 2 weeks were the hardest, after that it became easier. I still do crave them occasionally now but I don’t miss the smell, the cost of the effect on my health."

I completely agree with all of this and had the same, but after day 3 I was off the fags and now the smell makes me gag. Never looked back.

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

It's hard OP, I gave up a few weeks back, I miss it so much, but I'm keeping buisy and removing temptations.

Stick with it sweety x

"Smoking?"

Honestly. You have to find your own path.

I quit both times I fell pregnant but went back to smoking soon after birth.

I quit on e cos it made me feel sick suddenly, it lasted 4 years.

Then 2 years ago I decided I wanted to quit. I used to roll. I smoked maybe 15 a day. Brought a vape with advice from staff as to the fluid strength etc.

Then took it a day at a time. I slowly exchanged rollies for the vape until I was smoking 5 fags a day. Then it waant worth the effort of carrying the tin around.

Every now and then I want a fag, but I don't give in anymore.

I'm not saying I won't give in at some point, but for now, vaping works

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

7 years ago i fly to UK and one hour before arriving to airport i had my last smoking , never looked back since

STOKE ON TRENT

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 14:33:03]

STOKE ON TRENT

"It's hard OP, I gave up a few weeks back, I miss it so much, but I'm keeping buisy and removing temptations.

Stick with it sweety x "

Xx

STOKE ON TRENT

"Smoking?

Honestly. You have to find your own path.

I quit both times I fell pregnant but went back to smoking soon after birth.

I quit on e cos it made me feel sick suddenly, it lasted 4 years.

Then 2 years ago I decided I wanted to quit. I used to roll. I smoked maybe 15 a day. Brought a vape with advice from staff as to the fluid strength etc.

Then took it a day at a time. I slowly exchanged rollies for the vape until I was smoking 5 fags a day. Then it waant worth the effort of carrying the tin around.

Every now and then I want a fag, but I don't give in anymore.

I'm not saying I won't give in at some point, but for now, vaping works"

I went cold turkey in end

I tried nicotine patches one time no good

I’ve stopped 2 yrs now but everyone different what works for ya

Pour a bucket of water over you or call the fire brigade.

STOKE ON TRENT

"I went cold turkey in end

I tried nicotine patches one time no good

I’ve stopped 2 yrs now but everyone different what works for ya"

Well done x

STOKE ON TRENT

"Pour a bucket of water over you or call the fire brigade."

Will that work?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

The first thing is you really want to do it.

I’ve been a smoker for a very long time, But haven’t smoked indoors for 18 years, that cut my intake at home as it is too easy. I’ve made myself get dressed and go outside.

I’ve managed to give up twice, once when I was pregnant - after 6 weeks of being home and lack of sleep I picked one up in the middle of the night to stay awake for the upcoming 2 hourly feeds - my biggest mistake. The second time was 6 years ago, I switched to vape and only did two capsules in a month but it was enough to occupy my hands and the habitual ones. That failed after a stressful day and I made the mistake of buying a packet on the way to the pub.

Now I’m slowly reducing my intake and to be honest not being able to go out and socialising is helping that. Since January I’ve gone from 20 a day down to 5. It’s the habitual ones I’m struggling with, after a meal, morning one and goodnight one. I’ve now got a new vape device on the way, let’s see if I get on with this one. I know i need to give up before we are allowed to socialise again as that is the slippery slope for me back into it.

I find having my hands occupied has helped a lot and there are times that I sit here with a pencil in my mouth

OP there are so many different ways, it’s finding what works best for you and of course the want and willpower to actually want to give up

Good luck

I didn't cut down slowly, once I'd made my mind up I smoked the last of the pack I had and that was it. I did use an inhaler for a while (the ones with the replaceable capsules inside) and kept it going for a while even without a capsule in. It was just something to pick up in the end, chew on, anything to take my mind off it.

Worked too, last cigarette was in Jan 2000.

Good luck ??

STOKE ON TRENT

"The first thing is you really want to do it.

I’ve been a smoker for a very long time, But haven’t smoked indoors for 18 years, that cut my intake at home as it is too easy. I’ve made myself get dressed and go outside.

I’ve managed to give up twice, once when I was pregnant - after 6 weeks of being home and lack of sleep I picked one up in the middle of the night to stay awake for the upcoming 2 hourly feeds - my biggest mistake. The second time was 6 years ago, I switched to vape and only did two capsules in a month but it was enough to occupy my hands and the habitual ones. That failed after a stressful day and I made the mistake of buying a packet on the way to the pub.

Now I’m slowly reducing my intake and to be honest not being able to go out and socialising is helping that. Since January I’ve gone from 20 a day down to 5. It’s the habitual ones I’m struggling with, after a meal, morning one and goodnight one. I’ve now got a new vape device on the way, let’s see if I get on with this one. I know i need to give up before we are allowed to socialise again as that is the slippery slope for me back into it.

I find having my hands occupied has helped a lot and there are times that I sit here with a pencil in my mouth

OP there are so many different ways, it’s finding what works best for you and of course the want and willpower to actually want to give up

Good luck

"

Thanks love xx

Want to wish you well with this, be determined and keep going. Nice to read so much supportive comment.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Want to wish you well with this, be determined and keep going. Nice to read so much supportive comment."

Thankyou xx

Lube, lube and more lube....

STOKE ON TRENT

"Lube, lube and more lube.... "

You what?

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Smoke cock instead

STOKE ON TRENT

"Smoke cock instead "
Filth

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

Not the ideal way to give up but I smoked at least 20 a day, had a heart attack and never put a cigarette to my mouth since (11 years ago)

Just wish I could give up food that easy!

You have to want to stop then it’s easier

Good luck OP x

"Smoking?"

Really want to do it, and then go and get some Champix.

Don't fuck about - now or never.

Stop no alternatives

There's no inbetween.

Don't think you can ever control it again, even after years.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Smoking?"

Cold turkey, you should have tried at the beginning of lockdown it might have been a bit of help.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Not the ideal way to give up but I smoked at least 20 a day, had a heart attack and never put a cigarette to my mouth since (11 years ago)

Just wish I could give up food that easy!

You have to want to stop then it’s easier

Good luck OP x"

Heart attack no xx

STOKE ON TRENT

"Smoking?

Really want to do it, and then go and get some Champix.

Don't fuck about - now or never."

I'm trying

By *ensual-dominant-passionMan  over a year ago

sheffield

I used to smoke about ten years ago.. I smoked for a while... one day I lit a cigarette and after a few drags i I just thought I’m gonna quit and just put the cigarette out, don’t know why it just put me off.. I do wreck on it’s in the mind...

"Smoking?"

I made a decision that I will only smoke after having sex. That is how I quit smoking!

Nicotine patch and lollipops worked for me.

With great difficulty, but it can be done. I smoked for 21 years, but managed eventually. Dont give up trying to give up xx

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

We gave up about 15 years ago , it wasn’t that hard, just made a decision & stopped. It’s not a strong drug at all, there’s no metabolic dependency whatsoever like with real drugs or alcohol , people just enjoy doing it and don’t really want to stop

Apparently I have an oral fixation, so for me, I had to vape.. still do.. hopefully one day, I will give that up too..

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My uncle sucked sweets.

My mum put down the packet and used willpower.

STOKE ON TRENT

"With great difficulty, but it can be done. I smoked for 21 years, but managed eventually. Dont give up trying to give up xx"

Thanks x

STOKE ON TRENT

"With great difficulty, but it can be done. I smoked for 21 years, but managed eventually. Dont give up trying to give up xx"

X

It kills should be enough motivation

STOKE ON TRENT

"It kills should be enough motivation "

Yeah you said before

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"It kills should be enough motivation

Yeah you said before "

Depression, debt, food and alcohol addiction kills many more people than smoking. They carry on pursing money and stuff, in jobs they hate, and living in sexless, loveless marriages. They should maybe take up smoking as a form of therapy , might add a few years to their miserable lives

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I smoked for 25 years until 2018 .

Vaping does help yes and gradually reduce the nicotine content

I went down the vape route, I quit for a while year last year but had a few at Xmas and carried it on. I switched back to vaping the day after lockdown was announced so March 21st (still smoked my last fags!) I didn’t know if I was gonna be on full pay from work and couldn’t justify spending almost £50 a week on fags.

I use the BLU zone which is like a pen and find I can get a nice pull off that and I use menthol eliquid. I can be in the car with my friend who smokes and I’m fine or my sister will have a fag and I’ll sit out the back with her with my vape and I’m fine with it. Love smelling cigarette smoke

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I went down the vape route, I quit for a while year last year but had a few at Xmas and carried it on. I switched back to vaping the day after lockdown was announced so March 21st (still smoked my last fags!) I didn’t know if I was gonna be on full pay from work and couldn’t justify spending almost £50 a week on fags.

I use the BLU zone which is like a pen and find I can get a nice pull off that and I use menthol eliquid. I can be in the car with my friend who smokes and I’m fine or my sister will have a fag and I’ll sit out the back with her with my vape and I’m fine with it. Love smelling cigarette smoke "

Even after 2 years I still like the smell

"I went down the vape route, I quit for a while year last year but had a few at Xmas and carried it on. I switched back to vaping the day after lockdown was announced so March 21st (still smoked my last fags!) I didn’t know if I was gonna be on full pay from work and couldn’t justify spending almost £50 a week on fags.

I use the BLU zone which is like a pen and find I can get a nice pull off that and I use menthol eliquid. I can be in the car with my friend who smokes and I’m fine or my sister will have a fag and I’ll sit out the back with her with my vape and I’m fine with it. Love smelling cigarette smoke "

Hey Annie. I apologise for taking the Mickey out of you on the other thread. In hindsight, I may have crossed the line! Once again, my sincere apologies!

BLU vape not zone! It’s about 20 quid I think and every couple of months I buy a new top for it think it’s called a cleomiser, the sucky part and that’s a fiver. My eliquid is £4 a pop and it lasts a week.

By *atchusplay1000Couple  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

Giving up smoking is easy. I've done it dozens of times.

STOKE ON TRENT

I haven't smoked for 2 days x

"I haven't smoked for 2 days x"

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

I slipped up today after a crappy day and had two. I’m mega disappointed in myself. It’s so hard! I’ve been good for weeks!

STOKE ON TRENT

"I haven't smoked for 2 days x

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

I slipped up today after a crappy day and had two. I’m mega disappointed in myself. It’s so hard! I’ve been good for weeks!"

Thankyou I'm gonna do it x quit that is x

STOKE ON TRENT

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

I slipped up today after a crappy day and had two. I’m mega disappointed in myself. It’s so hard! I’ve been good for weeks!"

Two that's not bad x

STOKE ON TRENT

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

None tomorrow for you

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

I slipped up today after a crappy day and had two. I’m mega disappointed in myself. It’s so hard! I’ve been good for weeks!

None tomorrow for you

"

Yes boss!

Are you using a vape or anything? I didn’t get in with a vape it hurt my chest

STOKE ON TRENT

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

None tomorrow for you

Yes boss!

Are you using a vape or anything? I didn’t get in with a vape it hurt my chest "

No nothing just applies x

STOKE ON TRENT

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

None tomorrow for you

Yes boss!

No nothing just applies x"

Apples

STOKE ON TRENT

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

None tomorrow for you

Yes boss!

Are you using a vape or anything? I didn’t get in with a vape it hurt my chest "

Il be watching you

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

This is something I really really need to do.

I enjoy smoking but I can feel it's effect on my health

It's hard and I don't get on with vapes either.

Good luck with it...one day at a time. In fact one hour at a time. If you slip up,.forget it and get back on it.

You're on the right track xx

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

None tomorrow for you

Yes boss!

Il be watching you

"

I’ll think of you everytime I get a craving and remember not to!

STOKE ON TRENT

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

None tomorrow for you

Yes boss!

Il be watching you

I’ll think of you everytime I get a craving and remember not to! "

Good we will do this together xx

STOKE ON TRENT

"This is something I really really need to do.

Good luck with it...one day at a time. In fact one hour at a time. If you slip up,.forget it and get back on it.

You're on the right track xx"

I eat so many biscuits since stopping! If my jeans stop fitting I’m worried I’ll have to start again!

STOKE ON TRENT

My health is suffering that's why I'm stopping x you think oh il be fine then you get headaches and feeling like this is not fun anymore x

B38

I eat so many biscuits since stopping! If my jeans stop fitting I’m worried I’ll have to start again! "

Oh bless...on the plus side if you feel like running around the block for some exercise you can, without being out of puff

Fair play to you. You've done wicked..you can akways tackle the weight later x

STOKE ON TRENT

I eat so many biscuits since stopping! If my jeans stop fitting I’m worried I’ll have to start again! "

Nooooo

B38

My health is suffering that's why I'm stopping x you think oh il be fine then you get headaches and feeling like this is not fun anymore x"

I hear you. Everytime I get to my last bit of baccy I say, I not buying anymore. I'm sick of hearing myself say it!

STOKE ON TRENT

My health is suffering that's why I'm stopping x you think oh il be fine then you get headaches and feeling like this is not fun anymore x

I hear you. Everytime I get to my last bit of baccy I say, I not buying anymore. I'm sick of hearing myself say it! "

Then we must stop x

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

None tomorrow for you

Yes boss!

Il be watching you

Good we will do this together xx"

Yes yes yes

STOKE ON TRENT

Woohoo! That’s amazing!

None tomorrow for you

Yes boss!

Il be watching you

Good we will do this together xx

Yes yes yes "

I eat so many biscuits since stopping! If my jeans stop fitting I’m worried I’ll have to start again!

Oh bless...on the plus side if you feel like running around the block for some exercise you can, without being out of puff

Fair play to you. You've done wicked..you can akways tackle the weight later x"

I beat my PB on a run the other day so the benefits happen quickly! Although afterwards all I wanted was to reward myself with a cigarette

B38

I hear you. Everytime I get to my last bit of baccy I say, I not buying anymore. I'm sick of hearing myself say it!

Then we must stop x"

We really must. I haven't got any at this moment. I've already searched the house and not a sign of baccy...I could really do with one tbh. I didn't plan on being up this early..I'm miserable

STOKE ON TRENT

Then we must stop x

We really must. I haven't got any at this moment. I've already searched the house and not a sign of baccy...I could really do with one tbh. I didn't plan on being up this early..I'm miserable "

Dont be be proud xx

B38

Fair play to you. You've done wicked..you can akways tackle the weight later x

I beat my PB on a run the other day so the benefits happen quickly! Although afterwards all I wanted was to reward myself with a cigarette "

I couldn't run to save my life..well maybe if you waved a fag in front of me right now, I'd give it a good go.

I am so pleased for you xx

B38

Then we must stop x

We really must. I haven't got any at this moment. I've already searched the house and not a sign of baccy...I could really do with one tbh. I didn't plan on being up this early..I'm miserable

Dont be be proud xx"

you keep up the great work and thanks xx

STOKE ON TRENT

If I ran I'd faint so maybe after while il try jog x

STOKE ON TRENT

Then we must stop x

Dont be be proud xx you keep up the great work and thanks xx"

Xx

B38

"If I ran I'd faint so maybe after while il try jog x"

You and I would make a right pair going for a run

luckily, I'm a recently qualified St Johns first aider..a 3 day course no less. You'd be in safe hands xx

STOKE ON TRENT

"If I ran I'd faint so maybe after while il try jog x

You and I would make a right pair going for a run

luckily, I'm a recently qualified St Johns first aider..a 3 day course no less. You'd be in safe hands xx"

STOKE ON TRENT

Have you quit yet?

STOKE ON TRENT

"Have you quit yet? "

I have x

Witney

Cold turkey, lots of will power and gum! And please don't wander around people that smoke for at least 4 to 6 months

Witney

It worked for me

I used patches in the end.

No vaping about 16 years ago, failed on will power several times.

STOKE ON TRENT

"I used patches in the end.

No vaping about 16 years ago, failed on will power several times."

you quit?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Have you quit yet?

I have x"

Long may it continue

STOKE ON TRENT

"Have you quit yet?

I have x

Long may it continue "

Thankyou xx

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Vaping has been the only thing that worked for me. I've now also been over a year vape free too. Good luck OP. Xx

No vaping about 16 years ago, failed on will power several times. you quit?"

On december 4th 2004

STOKE ON TRENT

"Vaping has been the only thing that worked for me. I've now also been over a year vape free too. Good luck OP. Xx"

Xxxx

STOKE ON TRENT

No vaping about 16 years ago, failed on will power several times. you quit?

On december 4th 2004"

X

Well let's be honest it ain't fek in easy, Must have to me 5 years to quit, after several failed attempts, in the end it was a health issue that helped quit for good 12 years ago

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Vaping has been the only thing that worked for me. I've now also been over a year vape free too. Good luck OP. Xx

Xxxx"

Feel free to pm me if you find it hard going at times xx

STOKE ON TRENT

"Vaping has been the only thing that worked for me. I've now also been over a year vape free too. Good luck OP. Xx

Xxxx

Feel free to pm me if you find it hard going at times xx"

Awww thankyou xx

"Have you quit yet?

I have x"

Wd you!

STOKE ON TRENT

"Have you quit yet?

I have x

Wd you! "

B38

"Have you quit yet?

I have x

Wd you!

"

I'm really pleased for you. I wish I could!

Your doing exceptionally well xx keep it up x

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

I'm vaping more now I do like a cig first thing in morning tho and sometimes at night but I'm getting there lol

B38

"I'm vaping more now I do like a cig first thing in morning tho and sometimes at night but I'm getting there lol "

I can't take to vaping though I should probably give it another go.

It sounds like you've made progress..good luck with it.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Have you quit yet?

I have x

Wd you!

I'm really pleased for you. I wish I could!"

You can xx

B38

"Have you quit yet?

I have x

Wd you!

You can xx"

Thanks xx

I shan't give up, giving up

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Hypn o tist

"Smoking?"

Grow a set of balls

STOKE ON TRENT

"Have you quit yet?

I have x

Wd you!

You can xx

Thanks xx

I shan't give up, giving up

"

You can do it

STOKE ON TRENT

"Smoking?

Grow a set of balls"

Rude

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

When my dad got diagnosed with lung cancer I stopped overnight. I was never a big smoker anyway, mainly just on nights out, but that stopped me straight away.

STOKE ON TRENT

"When my dad got diagnosed with lung cancer I stopped overnight. I was never a big smoker anyway, mainly just on nights out, but that stopped me straight away."

Is your dad ok x

York

"When my dad got diagnosed with lung cancer I stopped overnight. I was never a big smoker anyway, mainly just on nights out, but that stopped me straight away.

Is your dad ok x"

No he died 9 months after he was diagnosed, it had spread around his body before he even knew he was ill. The first he knew about it was when his vision went weird in one eye which turned out to be a metastatized tumour from his lungs.

STOKE ON TRENT

"When my dad got diagnosed with lung cancer I stopped overnight. I was never a big smoker anyway, mainly just on nights out, but that stopped me straight away.

Is your dad ok x

No he died 9 months after he was diagnosed, it had spread around his body before he even knew he was ill. The first he knew about it was when his vision went weird in one eye which turned out to be a metastatized tumour from his lungs. "

So sorry to hear that xx hope your okxx

York

Is your dad ok x

No he died 9 months after he was diagnosed, it had spread around his body before he even knew he was ill. The first he knew about it was when his vision went weird in one eye which turned out to be a metastatized tumour from his lungs.

So sorry to hear that xx hope your okxx"

Yeah it was four years ago, I still miss him but the raw pain has numbed now. Definitely worth stopping smoking if you can. He never really wanted to stop, he enjoyed his smoking and thought that reports on how harmful it was were exaggerated, right up until he was diagnosed and then he spent his last months kicking himself over it and being upset that he'd caused his family so much pain.

STOKE ON TRENT

Is your dad ok x

So sorry to hear that xx hope your okxx

Yeah it was four years ago, I still miss him but the raw pain has numbed now. Definitely worth stopping smoking if you can. He never really wanted to stop, he enjoyed his smoking and thought that reports on how harmful it was were exaggerated, right up until he was diagnosed and then he spent his last months kicking himself over it and being upset that he'd caused his family so much pain."

Thankyou I do want to stop xx

STOKE ON TRENT

"Smoking?"

I smoked so much one night, I didn't want to smoke again. That thing when a parent makes a kid smoke cigarette after cigarette, I did that to myself.

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Suck something else

STOKE ON TRENT

"Smoking?

I smoked so much one night, I didn't want to smoke again. That thing when a parent makes a kid smoke cigarette after cigarette, I did that to myself."

Well with your love i will do it x

STOKE ON TRENT

"Suck something else "

Na wont be sucking you

"Suck something else

Na wont be sucking you "

Rude

Just quit cold turkey, its harder but quicker to get off the addiction

"Just quit cold turkey, its harder but quicker to get off the addiction"
.. totally agree with going cold turkey. I told the OP to grow a set of balls but he took that the wrong way.

By *avid282Man  over a year ago

london

Some good advice here. I smoked heavily (Rolling tobacco) for 14 years. Tried giving up but actually deep down, still enjoyed it.

Then after a particularly long chain smoking episode, that was the trigger and genuinely wanted to quit and so from that moment, never touched one since.

I’d say choose what would best work for you from all the above and go for it... good luck.

By *iamond coupleCouple  over a year ago

leeds

"Smoking?"

Champix worked for me

STOKE ON TRENT

"Some good advice here. I smoked heavily (Rolling tobacco) for 14 years. Tried giving up but actually deep down, still enjoyed it.

Then after a particularly long chain smoking episode, that was the trigger and genuinely wanted to quit and so from that moment, never touched one since.

I’d say choose what would best work for you from all the above and go for it... good luck. "

Xx

Read that Alan carr book. I quit for a bit but when i get d*unk i start again.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Read that Alan carr book. I quit for a bit but when i get d*unk i start again. "

Allen Carr?

STOKE ON TRENT

"Smoking?

Champix worked for me"

STOKE ON TRENT

STOKE ON TRENT

Have you quit or are you still smoking?

STOKE ON TRENT

"Have you quit or are you still smoking?"

Iv quit

"Have you quit or are you still smoking?

Iv quit "

So no cigarettes since you posted this thread?

STOKE ON TRENT

Iv quit

So no cigarettes since you posted this thread?"

None and its getting harder

Iv quit

None and its getting harder"

It will. 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months.

Those are the trigger points apparently.

Realise they are just trigger points and don’t give in to them.

You’ve done well so far, just keep going.

It’s hard but you’re stronger

Well done

STOKE ON TRENT

Iv quit

None and its getting harder

It will. 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months.

Those are the trigger points apparently.

Realise they are just trigger points and don’t give in to them.

You’ve done well so far, just keep going.

It’s hard but you’re stronger

Well done "

Thankyou xxx

STOKE ON TRENT