FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Did you know?

Did you know?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *Vine OP   Man  over a year ago

The right place

Did you know that the first stegosaurus lived 163 million years ago and the Tyrannosaurus Rex disappeared 66 million years ago. Which means there’s a bigger gap between the first stegosaurus and the last tyrannosaurus than there is between the tyrannosaurus and us now.

Every day’s a school day!

What interesting fact do you have to share with the class? You don’t need to put your hand up! Just call out!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.

Yes, although it's a fabled creature, the national animal of Scotland is actually the mythical unicorn — chosen because of its association with dominance and chivalry as well as purity and innocence in Celtic mythology. BRB, moving to Scotland real quick.

Or, if you're lucky you'll find one on here

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

"The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.

Yes, although it's a fabled creature, the national animal of Scotland is actually the mythical unicorn — chosen because of its association with dominance and chivalry as well as purity and innocence in Celtic mythology. BRB, moving to Scotland real quick.

Or, if you're lucky you'll find one on here "

I had this question in a quiz last night

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Or, if you're lucky you'll find one on here "

Jo.Xx

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

The human body can deal with trace amounts of uranium. Plutonium, however human body cannot process so it will stay in your blood stream indefinitely. This is because plutonium does not occur naturally and has to be made in a breeder reactor.

By *isa 59Woman  over a year ago

Newcastle

A polar bears liver is toxic to humans due to its concentrated level of vitamin A.

I had this question in a quiz last night "

did you? That's so funny . Did you get it right?

The right place

"The human body can deal with trace amounts of uranium. Plutonium, however human body cannot process so it will stay in your blood stream indefinitely. This is because plutonium does not occur naturally and has to be made in a breeder reactor."

That’s how many superheroes got their powers! True story.

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

The ocean looks blue because red, orange and yellow (long wavelength light) are absorbed more strongly by water than is blue (short wavelength light). So when white light from the sun enters the ocean, it is mostly the blue that gets returned. Same reason the sky is blue.

"Did you know that the first stegosaurus lived 163 million years ago and the Tyrannosaurus Rex disappeared 66 million years ago. Which means there’s a bigger gap between the first stegosaurus and the last tyrannosaurus than there is between the tyrannosaurus and us now.

What interesting fact do you have to share with the class? You don’t need to put your hand up! Just call out! "

That's not true. They were both in Jurassic Park and that was only 27 years ago

Please check your facts before posting

The right place

"The ocean looks blue because red, orange and yellow (long wavelength light) are absorbed more strongly by water than is blue (short wavelength light). So when white light from the sun enters the ocean, it is mostly the blue that gets returned. Same reason the sky is blue. "

The North Sea nearly always looks brown though

"The ocean looks blue because red, orange and yellow (long wavelength light) are absorbed more strongly by water than is blue (short wavelength light). So when white light from the sun enters the ocean, it is mostly the blue that gets returned. Same reason the sky is blue.

The North Sea nearly always looks brown though "

Shit innit....

Aylesbury

"The human body can deal with trace amounts of uranium. Plutonium, however human body cannot process so it will stay in your blood stream indefinitely. This is because plutonium does not occur naturally and has to be made in a breeder reactor.

That’s how many superheroes got their powers! True story. "

I dunno, in a high enough concentration it would be a nasty way to die.

Aylesbury

"The ocean looks blue because red, orange and yellow (long wavelength light) are absorbed more strongly by water than is blue (short wavelength light). So when white light from the sun enters the ocean, it is mostly the blue that gets returned. Same reason the sky is blue. "

This is called Raleigh Scattering

Aylesbury

"The ocean looks blue because red, orange and yellow (long wavelength light) are absorbed more strongly by water than is blue (short wavelength light). So when white light from the sun enters the ocean, it is mostly the blue that gets returned. Same reason the sky is blue.

The North Sea nearly always looks brown though "

The north sea is actually one of the most biologically productive seas in the world.

There are three types of women. The Intelligent, the beautiful and the majority!

The right place

The north sea is actually one of the most biologically productive seas in the world."

Is biologically productive a euphemism for lots of shit? That reminds me, I need to go an be biologically productive after that cup of coffee.

Aylesbury

The north sea is actually one of the most biologically productive seas in the world.

Is biologically productive a euphemism for lots of shit? That reminds me, I need to go an be biologically productive after that cup of coffee. "

Yes and no lol. It does have a lot of shit, both land and marine shit. It also gets the right balance of nutrients and temperature so that it's full of plankton. Shit, there is even a deep sea coral reef at the bottom of the north sea.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

In a similar vein to your OP and one that never fails to make me feel old, given it was part of my teenage years...

Madness released Baggy Trousers closer to the Second World War than today's date

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Did you know that you don't wash your hands. They wash themselves while you just stand there....watching.

Dinosaurs were fluffy

The right place

"In a similar vein to your OP and one that never fails to make me feel old, given it was part of my teenage years...

Madness released Baggy Trousers closer to the Second World War than today's date "

Shut your actual face! That’s depressing.

The right place

"Dinosaurs were fluffy "

Have you been watching Barney again?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Did you know that the first stegosaurus lived 163 million years ago and the Tyrannosaurus Rex disappeared 66 million years ago. Which means there’s a bigger gap between the first stegosaurus and the last tyrannosaurus than there is between the tyrannosaurus and us now.

What interesting fact do you have to share with the class? You don’t need to put your hand up! Just call out!

That's not true. They were both in Jurassic Park and that was only 27 years ago

Please check your facts before posting "

Aylesbury

"Dinosaurs were fluffy

Have you been watching Barney again? "

Alot of them had protofeathers

I know I've been talking an awful lot about Orgasm's lately(I'm at that stage on my "journey" where I am exploring and learning to explore this aspect of it. But did you know that higher Orgasm's is beneficial for one's physical and mental health. This has actually been well known in India, China, and the Americas for 1000's of years yet the west(Europeans only just discovered this in the last century). I even went on the NHS website to confirm its health benefits. Moreover an hour of orgasmic bliss is like 30 mins of hard core work out at the gym. I even checked that out too.

The right place

"I know I've been talking an awful lot about Orgasm's lately(I'm at that stage on my "journey" where I am exploring and learning to explore this aspect of it. But did you know that higher Orgasm's is beneficial for one's physical and mental health. This has actually been well known in India, China, and the Americas for 1000's of years yet the west(Europeans only just discovered this in the last century). I even went on the NHS website to confirm its health benefits. Moreover an hour of orgasmic bliss is like 30 mins of hard core work out at the gym. I even checked that out too.

"

And yet there are so many nutters on here!

"There are three types of women. The Intelligent, the beautiful and the majority!"

Woohoo I'm definitely one of them

By *alldarksurreyMan  over a year ago

surrey

The irish sea is deemed to be the most radioactive stretch of sea in the world all thanks to the sellafield nuclear decommissioning and reprocessing plant

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I had this question in a quiz last night did you? That's so funny . Did you get it right? "

Nope if only this thread had been yesterday

» Add a new message to this topic