FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Isa accounts

Isa accounts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arlomale OP   Man  over a year ago

darlington

Are they worth putting money in at the moment recently sold my car and I’m not planning on buying another and whilst the cash is in my sock drawer I’m dipping into it it’s only £1500 any advice welcome thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Probably not. I think interest rates have plummeted again due to the current situation.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you need access to it, try Marcus easy access account, probably the best rates on the market at the moment and no penalties if you need to dip in and use some of the funds.

By *arlomale OP   Man  over a year ago

darlington

"If you need access to it, try Marcus easy access account, probably the best rates on the market at the moment and no penalties if you need to dip in and use some of the funds. "
thanks I’ll check that out

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Your not going to find any great interest rates on the high street I’m afraid, best you could hope for us about 1% so over the year you will get £15. To stop you dipping into it though your best removing it from your sock drawer lol and setting up another account separate from your current account, maybe a savings one linked to your current account to encourage you to put money in and not out.

"If you need access to it, try Marcus easy access account, probably the best rates on the market at the moment and no penalties if you need to dip in and use some of the funds. "

1.05%

By *ungscotsman26Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yeh the rates are rubbish but if you don't need the cash and put it into an account that restricts access or charges you to dip into then it will put you off dipping into it and you also get a slightly better rate for this.

Or as someone has already said just a savings account alongside your current. I have one with the same bank as my current and when I get paid I always just move some cash across. If you need it to purchase something then it's there, but I find it's a mentality thing where once you put it into the savings account you really try not to touch it.

By *Wman15Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Consider paying down any non mortgage debts that you have and that you are paying interest on

Borrowing rates on non mortgage debt likely to be in excess of 5% but could be well over 10%

I'd buy a Stocks and shares isa buy a share in something like greggs..... After lockdown share price will rise quickly..... Easy money

By *hilliandspiceMan  over a year ago

Wimborne

Stocks and shares ISA if you are not wanting the money for a long time. Short term you may lose a chunk or gain a chunk so it's risky.

Standard saving account or cash ISA will get you very little gain at the moment but the money is safe.

Other option, premium bonds, not guaranteed anything other than your money back when you want it, but only takes one £25 win and you have already beaten the 1% savings accounts.

Realistically premium bonds or any savings account is going to see the value of your money eroded due to inflation but wherever you stick it will be better than dipping into it in the sock drawer.

Personally I would try premium bonds in your case, money can be accessed pretty easily for if you need it and you are in with a chance of winning something for little risk.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

My dad has put his money in gold

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

I put some money into a Plum trading account around a month ago... it’s very risky but already seen returns of 8.4%

» Add a new message to this topic