FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Kids & Schools

Kids & Schools

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uddleWithCraig OP   Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton or Travels

I know this is a fun site but with the schools reopening soon I thought I just ask the fab family there feelings of sending the kids back?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I’m in Wales so not sure when they are going back yet, but i’d prefer them to go back at a time when returning hasn’t been rushed through and everyone (professional bodies etc) are singing from the same hymn sheet (so to speak).

By *akbearMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I've friends who are teachers, they miss the face to face time with the kids but really don't want to go back in the classroom just yet. They still think September might even be too soon.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Get them back too school ASAP so we can get back to work before there is no economy left

"I know this is a fun site but with the schools reopening soon I thought I just ask the fab family there feelings of sending the kids back?"

I wish they could be sent back but back in time too. Pre 1985 when kids actually learned & had respect as the threat of the belt was enough.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I wish they could be sent back but back in time too. Pre 1985 when kids actually learned & had respect as the threat of the belt was enough."

So children haven't learned anything since 1985 ?

"

I wish they could be sent back but back in time too. Pre 1985 when kids actually learned & had respect as the threat of the belt was enough.

So children haven't learned anything since 1985 ? "

Of course they have. Zero respect

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

Our son is in one of the years who can go back but we have decided not to send him for the time being. We feel it is still too early and so much is still unknown about how it can effect children. We are lucky that we are both at home at the moment and my work have said I will be for the foreseeable so it's not an issue for us having him at home.

Of course I worry about what he is missing in terms of his education and the social interaction and how this will effect him in the long term. We will review it week by week and see how the situation changes. It's not an easy decision to make and everyone's situation is different x

"

So children haven't learned anything since 1985 ? .

Of course they have. Zero respect"

Haha so full of it I think I have done OK thank you.

I went to an inner city school with its problems and I took home 93k last year......I'm very respectful too, that is to people that deserve respect xx

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yep I trust in my childs school practises

By *ockandspoonCouple  over a year ago

Chester

I won't be until I know what measures are taking place by making sure they wash hand affer going to the toilet,washing hands before they eat making sure they don't put finger in mouths ect... Xx I could go on xx

"

Of course they have. Zero respect"

^ this

As a teacher I think they need to go back ASAP. The risk to health is minimal. Precious months have already been lost and it's tricky enough to cover the whole curriculum in the time we get given.

By *uddleWithCraig OP   Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton or Travels

Thanks as I’m in the same opinion on reviewing week by week as I want them to be schooled but also be safe.

"Our son is in one of the years who can go back but we have decided not to send him for the time being. We feel it is still too early and so much is still unknown about how it can effect children. We are lucky that we are both at home at the moment and my work have said I will be for the foreseeable so it's not an issue for us having him at home.

Of course I worry about what he is missing in terms of his education and the social interaction and how this will effect him in the long term. We will review it week by week and see how the situation changes. It's not an easy decision to make and everyone's situation is different x"

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

"I know this is a fun site but with the schools reopening soon I thought I just ask the fab family there feelings of sending the kids back?

I wish they could be sent back but back in time too. Pre 1985 when kids actually learned & had respect as the threat of the belt was enough."

Bizarre

"

^ this"

Oh yeah good point

I forgot that every person who went to school before 1985 is now a highly educated and respectful person

"

^ this

Oh yeah good point

I forgot that every person who went to school before 1985 is now a highly educated and respectful person "

Lol didn't you know there had never been a criminal before the great 1985

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

"

^ this

Oh yeah good point

I forgot that every person who went to school before 1985 is now a highly educated and respectful person

Lol didn't you know there had never been a criminal before the great 1985 "

Wield the belt and all crime stops and everyone becomes educated

Mon the 85 crew

My kids have never stopped going to school

I was offered a key worker places at the start of all this but never took them. I cut my hours right down then I ended having to have almost a month of due to covid testing & not getting clear results

Money has become a big issue so I'm sending my youngest back after half term so then I can increase my hours again

I think parents should be given the choice on what to do for their families.

As for schools opening, I think it’s a good thing as not all children have the same advantages at home as others.

Some will be home schooled in a safe, encouraging and nurturing environment, others do not have this luxury.

There’s such a huge gap as it is, and schools can only do so much, but without the schools being open, that gap is only going to get bigger and bigger and the ones who are already at risk at home, will have the other risk of being left behind.

Mine have been back for 5 weeks 3 days a week. I'm a school governor also and had to help plan the risk assessments..

I'm confident that the risk is no more greater.. with all the steps the staff are making to protect them all.

Our school has today sent out a very detailed plan of what they will be doing from the 1st June, one of mine has returned this week as he has additional needs, was offered a place for him at the start but didn’t take it up until now. My eldest isn’t in one of the eligible year groups, and disappointed not to be able to go back yet, but reading the plan it will be unrecognisable as school life from before

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

My son is year six and will be returning after half term for five mornings. Every parent will want to do what’s best for their child and everyone’s circumstances and reasons for or against will be very different.

I’ve sat down with my son and we’ve talked over how school will be, how he feels about returning and he asked questions. He is very much looking forward to returning as he’s missed Maths as my homeschooling on that subject needs improvement says said son

By *abonWoman  over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

"Our school has today sent out a very detailed plan of what they will be doing from the 1st June, one of mine has returned this week as he has additional needs, was offered a place for him at the start but didn’t take it up until now. My eldest isn’t in one of the eligible year groups, and disappointed not to be able to go back yet, but reading the plan it will be unrecognisable as school life from before "

I’ve got the plan from the school to read over the weekend. That’s my main concern - that school will be unrecognisable and frightening...

» Add a new message to this topic