FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > One for the ladies only... update

One for the ladies only... update

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Did this at the beginning of lockdown and the support shown for each other was amazing. Time to catch up with you all and see how things are now...

As requested by several lovelies.

A non judgemental space to say whatever you want, however you want, about whoever or whatever you want.

Off we go then...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wrote this on another post last night;

My PND has gotten really bad. Got to the point three nights ago where I couldn’t put O to sleep in his own cot (I had been trying for five minutes, and had a meltdown, which is so ridiculous) and I told C I was moving out so he needs to buy formula and I don’t want to see either of them again. Kept saying I wanted to die, the last two weeks have been awful. I’m already on anti depressants on a high dosage so meh

BUT. These past few days have been SO much better. If I’m feeling stressed or annoyed, instead of continuing whatever I’m doing (I’m so stubborn that I never let C take over) I take a few minutes. Whether I leave the room or I just sit on the couch and chill, then go back to whatever I was doing. C has been helping out more (fuck he’s an angel, has always helped out 1000% but he’s still working from home and he’s neglecting his work a wee bit but his boss is so fucking lovely and knows us so well and is understanding) and I’ve been a lot happier

How are you OP?

"Wrote this on another post last night;

My PND has gotten really bad. Got to the point three nights ago where I couldn’t put O to sleep in his own cot (I had been trying for five minutes, and had a meltdown, which is so ridiculous) and I told C I was moving out so he needs to buy formula and I don’t want to see either of them again. Kept saying I wanted to die, the last two weeks have been awful. I’m already on anti depressants on a high dosage so meh

BUT. These past few days have been SO much better. If I’m feeling stressed or annoyed, instead of continuing whatever I’m doing (I’m so stubborn that I never let C take over) I take a few minutes. Whether I leave the room or I just sit on the couch and chill, then go back to whatever I was doing. C has been helping out more (fuck he’s an angel, has always helped out 1000% but he’s still working from home and he’s neglecting his work a wee bit but his boss is so fucking lovely and knows us so well and is understanding) and I’ve been a lot happier "

You know it must be a really crap time to have a little one atm. Especially your first as usually you’d have contact with other new mums and family at least to swap stories and have a laugh. And compare babies so you secretly know yours is the cutest . You’re really brave saying this here and and I applaud you. I also believe C needs a medal and hope he’s doing ok mentally too...

"How are you OP?"

Similar to you actually. Not suited to staying at home. Fell into a depression. Got severe pain that doctors couldn’t find a reason for and made me feel like crap for daring to waste their time when they needed to be focusing on Covid. Stopped working without knowing why. Got diagnosed eventually with kidney stones, have had them removed.

Feeling better now but have a disciplinary coming up. Eating waaaaay too much and finding it difficult to resist the alcohol.

Yep, it’s been tough but on the up now, thanks for asking

"Did this at the beginning of lockdown and the support shown for each other was amazing. Time to catch up with you all and see how things are now...

A non judgemental space to say whatever you want, however you want, about whoever or whatever you want.

Off we go then..."

I Love you amazing thread.

The past few days have been completely shit for me, worst I have felt since lockdown. The tears haven't stopped...

But all I can say to anyone struggling right now is;

You may feel alone, but you are not. And while you may find it difficult to reach out to someone please please don't struggle alone, and if you feel you can't then please be kind to yourself... Take each day one day at a time and don't feel guilty for it, and never ever apologise for your feelings... Acknowledge that and accept yourself warts and all.

I have got through a shit couple of days thanks to three incredible people inparticular, 2 in fab 1 off it.

We're in a shit storm right now but after a storm comes calm ans sun.

Anyway my inbox is open to anyone who feels they want to reach out, especially to the hidden, quiet not so vocal. I can't promise to fix it, I can offer a non judgemental listening kind ear, if I can help you I will.

I can't promise to make you laugh as my jokes are shit, but I can hope that I might leave you feeling a little more positive...

I can offer virtual hugs and cake, because on my rock social distance doesn't exist

Oh and all newbies and lurkers welcome

This is a lovely idea!

L

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

I don't want to say but I'm actually OK. Busy working which has probably been my saviour tbh.

I feel for those who are down and feeling low, something I completely understand as I've been there several times. Also had pretty severe PND too with both kids.

After my last bout of depression I did a lot of mindfulness training, some of it one to one, I've also become a lot less hard on myself too, now I'm not striving to be the perfect wife, mother, daughter, friend I have found my life has really changed. For the first time i feel pretty content.

It means the house is usually a bit messy and theres stuff to be done but I'm not putting myself under that immense pressure anymore.

I also volunteer with a national charity helping women overcome Postpartum Psychosis, it's great to be able to use my personal experiences to help others.

I hope things start looking up for those of you who are feeling low, here to talk if you need to but i guess i don't know you ladies too well so appreciate you have others to chat to.

But take care

Jo x

"Did this at the beginning of lockdown and the support shown for each other was amazing. Time to catch up with you all and see how things are now...

Off we go then..."

You're so lovely

I've had my ups and downs like everyone has, and there have been times where I've been really low.

I've had a few health issues this week, and the support I've had from people I've met on here has been amazing

#youknowwhoyouare #sorrynotsorry

It's actually lifted me a lot, knowing people have been there for me.

There is a teeny tiny light at the end of the tunnel

Sending hugs to everyone who needs them

Off we go then...

You're so lovely

I've had my ups and downs like everyone has, and there have been times where I've been really low.

I've had a few health issues this week, and the support I've had from people I've met on here has been amazing

Sending hugs to everyone who needs them "

You have dealt with all of that amazingly

Off we go then...

You're so lovely

Sending hugs to everyone who needs them

You have dealt with all of that amazingly "

Thank you lovely

Thank you for writing this. It's very brave to admit how you feel publically.

I have pretty horrendous anxiety which sometimes causes me panic attacks. I haven't had one in a while but the announcement from Nicola sturgeon meant I almost had one yesterday.

N is a God send, he tries hard to understand what I am feeling but when you csnt pin point it yourself it's hard.

Just know our inbox is always open for anyone who needs to vent or chat it out.

Thank you for this thread.

Love to all.

M. xo

[Removed by poster at 22/05/20 11:19:03]

Off we go then..."

Thanks for this, I’ve had my up and down days or should I say weeks. I’m trying to keep my sons and their mh and needs going and keeping how bad things are from my eldest who’s already struggling with not going to day service.

We’ve been decorating and I got someone to mow the lawn yesterday so we can get in the garden now.

But I’m still struggling as I don’t live with my partner and I’m missing him so much. I need physical contact, he’s going to get hugged to death. But I will keep going x

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

I work in aviation. I think that says it all.

So yes, I am very depressed because it was my passion, if not my livelihood.

I didn’t time my kids right so they are at very different and crucial ages in their lives. I am grieving my own personal circumstances so feel I can’t support them and have no patience.

We used to have a very stable life but now that is coming under threat too.

Many mornings I wake up and thinkmI’ve just woken up from a dream. But no, this crap is very, very real.

What a lovely thread OP I personally have been really good through this lockdown I am working from home and I’ve taken up exercising which I’ve never been able to do from home before. I really think having this to focus on and work and then kids have kept me sane. I have a great friend network and my neighbourhood started a group on Facebook to keep in touch and help anyone in need. I do really feel for the people who are in lockdown alone with no network around them. I feel extremely blessed with mine and not sure how I would ever cope without them.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm really low on energy. I'm hoping to hear the results of my Covid-19 test soon. I have atypical symptoms but feel really bad. Whatever it is, I'm ill and feel rough.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"

I'm really low on energy. I'm hoping to hear the results of my Covid-19 test soon. I have atypical symptoms but feel really bad. Whatever it is, I'm ill and feel rough."

Praying for ya Swingy

"

I'm really low on energy. I'm hoping to hear the results of my Covid-19 test soon. I have atypical symptoms but feel really bad. Whatever it is, I'm ill and feel rough."

You are in my thoughts every day special lady x

Off we go then..."

Do you know my lovely lady this is the first time I have cried after our chat yesterday.

It is so sad to read all of the stories of what people are going through. But also uplifting when you read the positives.

I am so fed up of the pain I am in due to my illness. And so tired after lack of sleep.

I want my brothers funeral to arrive so that my mum can grieve properly as her dementia means she understands bits but not all of it. Also she will get to see her other sons (socially distanced) although she keeps saying they can come for tea and cake

I will sit her outside in her wheel chair and they can hopefully sit at the end of the drive.

And I miss someone that I wish I didn't.

However in all of this I have found the support of some fantastic people

It's been really tough for me...

I'm a single Mum with an abusive ex. I left him just over a year ago now but since Lockdown came into place I've had everything from death threats to claims that I'm using Covid as an excuse for him not to see our daughter even though it's been explained to him by my solicitor that supervised contact breeches the lockdown rules so it can't go ahead.

It's enough to cause hurt and upset to me and my family but not enough in the eyes of the law for him to prosecuted for what he's doing.

By *91kMan  over a year ago

Maidstone

"

Wishing you the best sweetheart, I hope you'll be okay

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

A lovely thread OP

Week 10 of working from home! Whilst I work from home often it’s now totally different, by circumstance rather than choice. It’s taken a bit of getting used to but I’m quite enjoying it. Thankfully, my job is safe and lots of support via friends here and my vanilla friends.

My sincere thoughts go out to those who have been severely affected by this dreadful disease and the circumstances they now find themselves in. I hope they will be able to work through it.

How much we take our everyday lives for granted ...

My BPD has been in over drive lately. First I stop exercising and put a stone on in weight over lockdown. Ive body dismorphia so its now made worse.

Sometimes I feel invisible on threads and thats hard as all I want to do is join in and make friends. Being 50 has added to my anxiety.

Ive just had bloods done as ive felt incredibly unwell lately and sleeping 14 hrs a day. They came back normal.

Im told its bad depression, I dont feel depressed its more like groundhog day so Im pushing myself to exercise because before lockdown I was a gym freak.

My 50th dream birthday didnt happen in Scotland after many years planning.

Im just feeling sorry for myself and know theres people far worse then me. A swift kick up the arse is needed here xx

By *ustalookCouple  over a year ago

North west

This is a great idea, im struggling with lockdown at the moment, been furloughed now for about 9 weeks was hoping to be back in work soon but just recieved news im been furloughed into june too. My mood is all over the place too, i dont know how he coped with me at moment lol. I been trying to keep myself busy with decorating.

"I don't want to say but I'm actually OK. Busy working which has probably been my saviour tbh.

I feel for those who are down and feeling low, something I completely understand as I've been there several times. Also had pretty severe PND too with both kids.

After my last bout of depression I did a lot of mindfulness training, some of it one to one, I've also become a lot less hard on myself too, now I'm not striving to be the perfect wife, mother, daughter, friend I have found my life has really changed. For the first time i feel pretty content.

It means the house is usually a bit messy and theres stuff to be done but I'm not putting myself under that immense pressure anymore.

I also volunteer with a national charity helping women overcome Postpartum Psychosis, it's great to be able to use my personal experiences to help others.

I hope things start looking up for those of you who are feeling low, here to talk if you need to but i guess i don't know you ladies too well so appreciate you have others to chat to.

But take care

Jo x "

I don’t know you ... yet but thanks for posting. It’s great to hear people are doing well too you know, it’s allowed . Life’s a rollercoaster so good times are needed!

"Thank you for writing this. It's very brave to admit how you feel publically.

I have pretty horrendous anxiety which sometimes causes me panic attacks. I haven't had one in a while but the announcement from Nicola sturgeon meant I almost had one yesterday.

N is a God send, he tries hard to understand what I am feeling but when you csnt pin point it yourself it's hard.

Just know our inbox is always open for anyone who needs to vent or chat it out.

Thank you for this thread.

Love to all.

M. xo"

Thank you for this and look forward to getting to know you better. It’s really interesting to hear how everyone is doing as many tend to think they’re the only ones suffering and that’s just not true.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I’m still out working .... mental health services ... starting to affect me in I’m supposed to be there for everyone else ... on annual leave this week so just chilling not much else to do .... it was my 60th in January and I had a whole load of things to do this year which have now all been cancelled ... I did manage New York end of Feb which I’m grateful for ... but now worried about the people I met and chatted too..

Anyway one of my girlfriends has been in touch this morning suggesting 4 of us have a weekend away when all this is over ... which has helped hugely

Off we go then...

Thanks for this, I’ve had my up and down days or should I say weeks. I’m trying to keep my sons and their mh and needs going and keeping how bad things are from my eldest who’s already struggling with not going to day service.

We’ve been decorating and I got someone to mow the lawn yesterday so we can get in the garden now.

But I’m still struggling as I don’t live with my partner and I’m missing him so much. I need physical contact, he’s going to get hugged to death. But I will keep going x "

Oh Angie! I really don’t know where you get the strength from but be proud of yourself, you’re an inspiration to me and your boys- even if they don’t show you that atm. Your partner is the lucky one, I’ve seen the size of your boobs and if you’re going to be hugging him close, that’s a serious lack of oxygen...

I'm on my own as i have been for two months but i have hot food now

"I work in aviation. I think that says it all.

So yes, I am very depressed because it was my passion, if not my livelihood.

I didn’t time my kids right so they are at very different and crucial ages in their lives. I am grieving my own personal circumstances so feel I can’t support them and have no patience.

We used to have a very stable life but now that is coming under threat too.

Many mornings I wake up and thinkmI’ve just woken up from a dream. But no, this crap is very, very real. "

Oh sweetheart! One- there’s no perfect time to have kids. Two- they’ll always be going through something crucial so don’t worry too much. Three- you’re doing the best you can and even if you can’t see it or feel it, I’m sure your kids sense stability from you, just a different type to what it was. Talking is good. Comparing how you’re dealing with others is good. Letting the emotion out is good with other who understand is good.

"What a lovely thread OP I personally have been really good through this lockdown I am working from home and I’ve taken up exercising which I’ve never been able to do from home before. I really think having this to focus on and work and then kids have kept me sane. I have a great friend network and my neighbourhood started a group on Facebook to keep in touch and help anyone in need. I do really feel for the people who are in lockdown alone with no network around them. I feel extremely blessed with mine and not sure how I would ever cope without them. "

Love this too. Yes, it does seem that having a network of people to talk to is the way to go. Whether in the real world or on Fab. I have met some gorgeous people here who are now friends for life

"

You are an inspiration to so many and I love your threads and how you motivate and entertain with your exercise and make up tips. However. Shocker. You are only human and I know you’re working in yourself but, try to be kind to yourself and take things easy just now and again?

Off we go then...

Do you know my lovely lady this is the first time I have cried after our chat yesterday.

It is so sad to read all of the stories of what people are going through. But also uplifting when you read the positives.

I am so fed up of the pain I am in due to my illness. And so tired after lack of sleep.

I want my brothers funeral to arrive so that my mum can grieve properly as her dementia means she understands bits but not all of it. Also she will get to see her other sons (socially distanced) although she keeps saying they can come for tea and cake

I will sit her outside in her wheel chair and they can hopefully sit at the end of the drive.

And I miss someone that I wish I didn't.

However in all of this I have found the support of some fantastic people "

Oh sweetheart I know what you’re going through and all I can say is that you’re really selling yourself short. You’re a tower of strength in so many ways but even the best of us fall when we’ve been hit too many times. One thing at a time... baby steps... get your physical health on track first then deal with the rest. You know I’m here for you

"It's been really tough for me...

I'm a single Mum with an abusive ex. I left him just over a year ago now but since Lockdown came into place I've had everything from death threats to claims that I'm using Covid as an excuse for him not to see our daughter even though it's been explained to him by my solicitor that supervised contact breeches the lockdown rules so it can't go ahead.

It's enough to cause hurt and upset to me and my family but not enough in the eyes of the law for him to prosecuted for what he's doing. "

Oh this is bad. Really bad . It must be eating away at you both physically and mentally. I get the police can’t do much but who can when this happens? I hope someone with more knowledge than me in this thread can offer you some advice. I can only say, you’re amazing for dealing with this and please try not to let that fuckwit ruin your life

"A lovely thread OP

Week 10 of working from home! Whilst I work from home often it’s now totally different, by circumstance rather than choice. It’s taken a bit of getting used to but I’m quite enjoying it. Thankfully, my job is safe and lots of support via friends here and my vanilla friends.

My sincere thoughts go out to those who have been severely affected by this dreadful disease and the circumstances they now find themselves in. I hope they will be able to work through it.

How much we take our everyday lives for granted ... "

I’m glad to hear you’re in a good place DC. Shows that the rollercoaster really does have its ups as well as downs...

What a lovely thread. Sending you all hugs xx

Before all this corona crap kicked off i had a complete meltdown and started hurting myself again. But finally had enough and reached out for support, told my family and one or two close friends how low and bad things had got. I'm working on myself but trying to undo 20+ years of negative self belief is hard. Learning to realise that if people walk away from me that's their problem not mine. Thankfully I am still working at home and a couple of night shifts in office.

Lost contact with someone in here I thought I mattered too hasn't helped.

But do you know what I've learnt in the last few weeks I do matter and I'm a good person who deserves to be happy and loved and I know I have spoken to a few on here who have literally told me that I have saved their lives by talking to them.

Anyway that's my wee rant. Thanks op for the thread and again hugs to you all xx

"My BPD has been in over drive lately. First I stop exercising and put a stone on in weight over lockdown. Ive body dismorphia so its now made worse.

Sometimes I feel invisible on threads and thats hard as all I want to do is join in and make friends. Being 50 has added to my anxiety.

Ive just had bloods done as ive felt incredibly unwell lately and sleeping 14 hrs a day. They came back normal.

Im told its bad depression, I dont feel depressed its more like groundhog day so Im pushing myself to exercise because before lockdown I was a gym freak.

Im just feeling sorry for myself and know theres people far worse then me. A swift kick up the arse is needed here xx"

Welcome to the rollercoasting life style. What can I say? You know what you need to do and are taking steps to do it- well done you. I don’t know why we’re so hard on ourselves emotionally and mentally, guess we’ve never been told that it’s ok to have bad days and negative thoughts... AND being 50 is great. Welcome to the club, the celebration can wait, I mean it’s taken 59 years to yet there so waiting a few more months is ok

"This is a great idea, im struggling with lockdown at the moment, been furloughed now for about 9 weeks was hoping to be back in work soon but just recieved news im been furloughed into june too. My mood is all over the place too, i dont know how he coped with me at moment lol. I been trying to keep myself busy with decorating."

Yep. This one I can relate too as well. Good friends have told me I need a routine but atm all I want to do is sit in the sofa and eat. I’m trying to be kinder to myself but am going to set some goals. Maybe you could try it too?

"I’m still out working .... mental health services ... starting to affect me in I’m supposed to be there for everyone else ... on annual leave this week so just chilling not much else to do .... it was my 60th in January and I had a whole load of things to do this year which have now all been cancelled ... I did manage New York end of Feb which I’m grateful for ... but now worried about the people I met and chatted too..

Anyway one of my girlfriends has been in touch this morning suggesting 4 of us have a weekend away when all this is over ... which has helped hugely "

Oh I think most of us can write off 2020 but making plans with friends is what is keeping me going too... 60? Wow. My new role model

"I'm on my own as i have been for two months but i have hot food now "

I’m assuming you’ve had a sex change as you’re here.... I do feel for you that must be really tough and please keep sane as I actually quite like you. Also don’t burn your tongue or stuff yourself silly now you have hot food.

By *assy211279Woman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere Cornwall

I am so thankful for all the animal's I have to care for. I feel for all of you and I know where you are coming from. After 15years of severe depression I am finally able to see the good in life. Miss seeing my children but they are doing well. Virtual hugs for you all and back to the animal's for me.

Ladies check out a book called Untamed by Glennon Doyle

It's enough to cause hurt and upset to me and my family but not enough in the eyes of the law for him to prosecuted for what he's doing. "

Don't give up. If the death threats are via text, save them to show the police. Keep a diary of what he does, even such as when he makes stupid comments about you using Covid as an excuse. Emotional abuse is recognised, it doesn't 'just' have to be physical abuse. WomensAid website is helpful, or IDAS.

"What a lovely thread. Sending you all hugs xx

Before all this corona crap kicked off i had a complete meltdown and started hurting myself again. But finally had enough and reached out for support, told my family and one or two close friends how low and bad things had got. I'm working on myself but trying to undo 20+ years of negative self belief is hard. Learning to realise that if people walk away from me that's their problem not mine. Thankfully I am still working at home and a couple of night shifts in office.

But do you know what I've learnt in the last few weeks I do matter and I'm a good person who deserves to be happy and loved and I know I have spoken to a few on here who have literally told me that I have saved their lives by talking to them.

Anyway that's my wee rant. Thanks op for the thread and again hugs to you all xx"

That’s not a rant! That’s a lesson in life that we all need to hear... well done you, I hope a lot more of us can make it to where you are soon. As for losing contact with that one on here? It seems to be happening to a lot of us atm. I suggest leaving it for a few weeks and maybe reaching out again? We all deal with our problems in our own way and maybe they’re just struggling and it has nothing to do with you...

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Big love to you all.

Sorry that those of you that are feeling down are in this situation.

I’m ok. Just exhausted. I’m doing the job of three people as the other two are off isolating.

Here’s praying we all get something wonderful to look forward to when all this ends.

Friends to hug, wine to drink, smiles to smile.

My Inbox is always open if anyone feels the need to talk.

Much love x

"I am so thankful for all the animal's I have to care for. I feel for all of you and I know where you are coming from. After 15years of severe depression I am finally able to see the good in life. Miss seeing my children but they are doing well. Virtual hugs for you all and back to the animal's for me. "

Another person who’s taken control of their destiny. All the best for you and your animals. I couldn’t imagine life without my dog as she makes me laugh so much and get off this damn sofa. It’s why I downloaded TicTok- the dog videos make my day

"Big love to you all.

I’m ok. Just exhausted. I’m doing the job of three people as the other two are off isolating.

Here’s praying we all get something wonderful to look forward to when all this ends.

Much love x"

Thank you gorgeous, try to take a break though. No one is going to be grateful if you fall ill....

"What a lovely thread. Sending you all hugs xx

Anyway that's my wee rant. Thanks op for the thread and again hugs to you all xx

That’s not a rant! That’s a lesson in life that we all need to hear... well done you, I hope a lot more of us can make it to where you are soon. As for losing contact with that one on here? It seems to be happening to a lot of us atm. I suggest leaving it for a few weeks and maybe reaching out again? We all deal with our problems in our own way and maybe they’re just struggling and it has nothing to do with you... "

Slowly getting there realised that life is too short and I put my life on hold raising a kid alone. Now need to start my life.

Have found some great podcasts to keep my mind busy too.

"

Have found some great podcasts to keep my mind busy too. "

Ooooh please share. That’s something I always forget about

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

when I read that others are struggling so much (and I can totally understand why) - I feel a little guilty because, on the whole, I’m ok!

My daughter has mental health issues - but as they were largely centred around issues at school - and as home learning seems to suit her (she can get up late and finish her work late - not exactly an early riser) - and she’s not in contact with people she had issues with she’s in a better place mentally than she’s been for ages. We also have an adorable puppy who’s doing wonders to help her anxiety and depression.

I miss loads of people, particularly friends and a few FB’s - but unlike many I get to see my kids and my mum - as I care for her!

Money’s tight as I’ve been furloughed - but as we can’t have a social life I’m managing.

Yeah - I can’t wait to see people and have a social life - but as I’m naturally very happy - I’m coping fine.

If others need a natter please feel free to drop me a pm. Xx

"I'm on my own as i have been for two months but i have hot food now

I’m assuming you’ve had a sex change as you’re here.... I do feel for you that must be really tough and please keep sane as I actually quite like you. Also don’t burn your tongue or stuff yourself silly now you have hot food. "

damn why didn't you tell me that two months ago

"

Ooooh please share. That’s something I always forget about "

I use Spotify

Unlocking us brene brown

Mastering your wellness

Oprah - don't listen to all of them but usually read the description of the podcast and pick from there.

"when I read that others are struggling so much (and I can totally understand why) - I feel a little guilty because, on the whole, I’m ok!

My daughter has mental health issues - but as they were largely centred around issues at school - and as home learning seems to suit her (she can get up late and finish her work late - not exactly an early riser) - and she’s not in contact with people she had issues with she’s in a better place mentally than she’s been for ages. We also have an adorable puppy who’s doing wonders to help her anxiety and depression.

I miss loads of people, particularly friends and a few FB’s - but unlike many I get to see my kids and my mum - as I care for her!

Money’s tight as I’ve been furloughed - but as we can’t have a social life I’m managing.

Yeah - I can’t wait to see people and have a social life - but as I’m naturally very happy - I’m coping fine.

If others need a natter please feel free to drop me a pm. Xx"

Wow! Another one with so much going on... thanks for sharing this and I do hope you’re finding some time to focus on just you. Stay sane and happy lovely

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Thank you Incandescent

I’ve had my ups and downs, a little more down over the last couple of weeks but getting better everyday. I’ve stopped watching the local and national news as it seems to depress me even more. (I highly recommend both men and women do this)

I haven’t seen my mom since prior to lockdown but I know she’s in good hands and I speak to her nurse daily. This for me has been the most difficult life event.

I’m exercising more, eating better, reading more and it’s these baby steps that help me thru the daily grind.

A couple of months ago I met (virtually) a group of women I wouldn’t trade for a million dollars. A mini support group for lack of a better term. We help each other thru our lows and cheer and celebrate each other when good thing happen.

If anyone is feeling they need to talk, please reach out. We’re here for each other and no one should go thru this alone. We may not have all the answers but we’ll listen and be that support you need.

"Thank you Incandescent

I’ve had my ups and downs, a little more down over the last couple of weeks but getting better everyday. I’ve stopped watching the local and national news as it seems to depress me even more. (I highly recommend both men and women do this)

I haven’t seen my mom since prior to lockdown but I know she’s in good hands and I speak to her nurse daily. This for me has been the most difficult life event.

I’m exercising more, eating better, reading more and it’s these baby steps that help me thru the daily grind.

A couple of months ago I met (virtually) a group of women I wouldn’t trade for a million dollars. A mini support group for lack of a better term. We help each other thru our lows and cheer and celebrate each other when good thing happen.

If anyone is feeling they need to talk, please reach out. We’re here for each other and no one should go thru this alone. We may not have all the answers but we’ll listen and be that support you need.

"

Couldn’t have said it better Lor

Den of Iniquity

"Big love to you all.

Much love x"

You are lovely xx

Yorkshire

"Big love to you all.

Much love x

You are lovely xx"

Can’t wait for our hug and drinks xx

"Big love to you all.

Much love x

You are lovely xx"

What you doing here?

Manchester (she/her)

I'm seeing a doctor today. Chest pain getting worse.

Somewhere

"Big love to you all.

Much love x

You are lovely xx

Can’t wait for our hug and drinks xx"

I’m looking forward to seeing you again. Xx

Somewhere

"I'm seeing a doctor today. Chest pain getting worse."

Please keep me posted.

"

Ooooh please share. That’s something I always forget about

I use Spotify

Unlocking us brene brown

Mastering your wellness

Oprah - don't listen to all of them but usually read the description of the podcast and pick from there.

"

Oooooh, checking them now. Many thanks

honestly? copious amounts of alcohol, is the only thing getting me through this shite.

on top of 10 weeks in isolation, an extended and very traumatic hospital stay, and now dealing with infuriating idiots as im trying to get back to normal!

Like is there ever an end in sight?

Here's hoping everyone on this thread is doing better than I.. including you gorgeous OP

Den of Iniquity

"Big love to you all.

Much love x

You are lovely xx

Can’t wait for our hug and drinks xx"

Absolutely xx Me too x

It's enough to cause hurt and upset to me and my family but not enough in the eyes of the law for him to prosecuted for what he's doing.

Oh this is bad. Really bad . It must be eating away at you both physically and mentally. I get the police can’t do much but who can when this happens? I hope someone with more knowledge than me in this thread can offer you some advice. I can only say, you’re amazing for dealing with this and please try not to let that fuckwit ruin your life "

Thank you for replying...

I can get support from a local Domestic Violence charity but there's nothing anyone can really do at the moment, it's just a waiting game for him to do something the Police can actually get him for unfortunately.

By *evil-AngelWoman  over a year ago

Everyone on here is so inspirational. I know a lot of us are struggling, but we are still getting through each day and that's something to be proud of in these times. My inbox is open if anyone wants to chat xx

I've been having good and bad days. I over think and criticise myself non stop, I never feel like what I'm doing is good enough.

When I was furloughed I thought it would give me more time to get stuff done but I spiralled into a funk. Slept too much, ate too much and just generally felt crap.

This made the guilt worse because I felt I should have been doing so much more with my time. Doing more around the house, spending more time with my children, eating better, exercising more. The list goes on.

The last few days have been much better, I've been walking more and trying to be healthier in general.

Don't give up. If the death threats are via text, save them to show the police. Keep a diary of what he does, even such as when he makes stupid comments about you using Covid as an excuse. Emotional abuse is recognised, it doesn't 'just' have to be physical abuse. WomensAid website is helpful, or IDAS.

"

Thanks for replying...

I've had support from a local Domestic Violence charity and they've said to report everything, with the death threat, he couldn't be prosecuted because he didn't directly aim it at anyone

It's just a waiting game until he does do something the Police can prosecute for.

"honestly? copious amounts of alcohol, is the only thing getting me through this shite.

on top of 10 weeks in isolation, an extended and very traumatic hospital stay, and now dealing with infuriating idiots as im trying to get back to normal!

Like is there ever an end in sight?

Here's hoping everyone on this thread is doing better than I.. including you gorgeous OP "

Your situation sounds really similar to mine. Only difference is I’m really trying to avoid the alcohol . Yes there’s an end in sight just don’t know when exactly. You can cope with the idiots, they just never go away do they...

Oh and your username always brings a smile to my face

"Everyone on here is so inspirational. I know a lot of us are struggling, but we are still getting through each day and that's something to be proud of in these times. My inbox is open if anyone wants to chat xx

I've been having good and bad days. I over think and criticise myself non stop, I never feel like what I'm doing is good enough.

When I was furloughed I thought it would give me more time to get stuff done but I spiralled into a funk. Slept too much, ate too much and just generally felt crap.

This made the guilt worse because I felt I should have been doing so much more with my time. Doing more around the house, spending more time with my children, eating better, exercising more. The list goes on.

The last few days have been much better, I've been walking more and trying to be healthier in general. "

Welcome to the club, as you can see from this thread you are definitely not the only one needing to do nothing for a few days/weeks. Good that your rollercoaster is moving upwards again though!

My bipolar has got really bad and after a period of mania, I plummeted down into a deep depression. My medication is not working and I have called my mental health team who have told me basically to suck it up as they have never worked in a pandemic before and cant help me. The psychosis has been bad, telling me to harm myself and just make everyone happy with me not being around.

My autistic son has been self harming as he has not seen me for 8 weeks not other than WhatsApp and he cant understand why I cant see him. This also triggers my bipolar which is another reason I just cant bring myself out of my depression.

On top of that I have moved house myself in 3 weeks and am stressed to high heaven about that too.

I sometimes wish that I could go to sleep and not wake up.

Op, I'm really grateful for you revisiting this; it was helpful for me to offload to 'strangers' last time. This is Day 67 of not leaving the house which is so hard and against every instinct. My daughter's mental health deteriorated badly and she took an overdose last week. She'll be OK, but it's shocked us. How can I help her heal when I can't leave home?

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I've been okay as a whole, just a couple of wobbles, one of which I really wanted a female perspective on - my female friends away from here don't really know about this part of my life so I couldn't talk to them, and I've struggled in the past to forge friendships with women on here (I just feel like I'm stonewalled and can't get past small talk, so I don't even bother to try any more). Luckily I have some wonderful male friends on here who are always around to listen and offer advice (or a virtual kick up the arse)

Yorkshire

"I've been okay as a whole, just a couple of wobbles, one of which I really wanted a female perspective on - my female friends away from here don't really know about this part of my life so I couldn't talk to them, and I've struggled in the past to forge friendships with women on here (I just feel like I'm stonewalled and can't get past small talk, so I don't even bother to try any more). Luckily I have some wonderful male friends on here who are always around to listen and offer advice (or a virtual kick up the arse) "

Message me anytime. You’re a joy to talk to xx

Oh Swing I hope they sort you out x

"My bipolar has got really bad and after a period of mania, I plummeted down into a deep depression. My medication is not working and I have called my mental health team who have told me basically to suck it up as they have never worked in a pandemic before and cant help me. The psychosis has been bad, telling me to harm myself and just make everyone happy with me not being around.

My autistic son has been self harming as he has not seen me for 8 weeks not other than WhatsApp and he cant understand why I cant see him. This also triggers my bipolar which is another reason I just cant bring myself out of my depression.

On top of that I have moved house myself in 3 weeks and am stressed to high heaven about that too.

"

Oh sweetheart! Not being taken seriously by the medics is really bad but it’s not just you. They’re overworked and are so focused on Covid it seems that any other illness isn’t real anymore, except they are for the people suffering from them. You know you are bipolar and that’s a start. You know the self destructive thoughts you are having are irrational, even as you’re having them. You know the medication isn’t working and as hard as that is, it’s always good to have an explanation for what’s going on. You are an intelligent woman who realises exactly why you are feeling this way and that the only thing to do is ride it out until you start feeling better again. Your son of course is important but you must be in a good place yourself first before you can help him. Please pm me if you want to chat...

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

"I've been okay as a whole, just a couple of wobbles, one of which I really wanted a female perspective on - my female friends away from here don't really know about this part of my life so I couldn't talk to them, and I've struggled in the past to forge friendships with women on here (I just feel like I'm stonewalled and can't get past small talk, so I don't even bother to try any more). Luckily I have some wonderful male friends on here who are always around to listen and offer advice (or a virtual kick up the arse)

Message me anytime. You’re a joy to talk to xx"

Thank you lovely, that's very much appreciated x

"Op, I'm really grateful for you revisiting this; it was helpful for me to offload to 'strangers' last time. This is Day 67 of not leaving the house which is so hard and against every instinct. My daughter's mental health deteriorated badly and she took an overdose last week. She'll be OK, but it's shocked us. How can I help her heal when I can't leave home? "

I was thinking about your situation so am really glad to hear from you again. Words fail me. So is your daughter getting help now from a professional team? There is nothing you can do except phone and WhatsApp her. I know that’s harsh but you really really have to focus on your own mental health so you are ready to help her when restrictions are removed. You will need every ounce of strength you have then so please accept that and look after your mental and emotional health. Sending you loads of energy and hugs.

"I've been okay as a whole, just a couple of wobbles, one of which I really wanted a female perspective on - my female friends away from here don't really know about this part of my life so I couldn't talk to them, and I've struggled in the past to forge friendships with women on here (I just feel like I'm stonewalled and can't get past small talk, so I don't even bother to try any more). Luckily I have some wonderful male friends on here who are always around to listen and offer advice (or a virtual kick up the arse) "

Wobbles are allowed. Wobbles belong to life. Pm me for a female perspective if you still need one. Sending you hugs lovely

"Op, I'm really grateful for you revisiting this; it was helpful for me to offload to 'strangers' last time. This is Day 67 of not leaving the house which is so hard and against every instinct. My daughter's mental health deteriorated badly and she took an overdose last week. She'll be OK, but it's shocked us. How can I help her heal when I can't leave home?

I was thinking about your situation so am really glad to hear from you again. Words fail me. So is your daughter getting help now from a professional team? There is nothing you can do except phone and WhatsApp her. I know that’s harsh but you really really have to focus on your own mental health so you are ready to help her when restrictions are removed. You will need every ounce of strength you have then so please accept that and look after your mental and emotional health. Sending you loads of energy and hugs. "

Thank you. Yes, she's getting professional help. She's at home with me; finding she'd done it, and trying to help her through it is so hard. This isn't something I ever thought I'd have to deal with, nor to help my other child who of course is affected, too. We're taking baby steps.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"Everyone on here is so inspirational. I know a lot of us are struggling, but we are still getting through each day and that's something to be proud of in these times. My inbox is open if anyone wants to chat xx

The last few days have been much better, I've been walking more and trying to be healthier in general. "

You’re not the only one who expected yourself to become some kind of lockdown Wonder Woman and didn’t quite make it!

The pup gets me out walking every day (barely left the house before we got him) but I’m definitely no domestic goddess, Percy Thrower or Delia Smith.

When I see everyone else posting pics of sparkling houses, perfect cakes and well manicured gardens I look at my growing lockdown belly and feel like a total slob!

I reckon for every ‘perfect lockdown mum/lady’ out there there are half a dozen of us who are winging it every day - and just focussing on keeping our heads and families together rather than being superwoman!

If you’ll excuse me - the pup’s just farted again! For such a gorgeous pup his farts smell truly evil!

I’m off to fumigate the lounge and burn the pj’s I’m still wearing!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Love to all those struggling and having a tough time of it x

Personally i’m doing ok, i’m kept busy with my kids and looking after my mum. I’ve enjoyed the time spent with my children and my eldest said to me yesterday that he loves me helping him With his schoolwork which gave me the boost i needed.

This week has been tough on my kids and i find when they are struggling i struggle too, because i just want them to be ok. My youngest (who has ASD) took something he overheard on the radio regarding the Virus literally, and he just sobbed his heart out. After much talking he felt reassured, but it was a reminder that beneath the calm surface, they are frantically swimming trying to stay afloat to.

I’m quite glad that i’m currently single as i know i’d be a lot worse mentally if i had someone i couldn’t see.

I’m not missing work at all although i’m lucky to have a job to go back to.

I’m just counting my blessings right now. I’m with the ones i love and they’re ok. Others have it much tougher than me.

"Love to all those struggling and having a tough time of it x

Personally i’m doing ok, i’m kept busy with my kids and looking after my mum. I’ve enjoyed the time spent with my children and my eldest said to me yesterday that he loves me helping him With his schoolwork which gave me the boost i needed.

This week has been tough on my kids and i find when they are struggling i struggle too, because i just want them to be ok. My youngest (who has ASD) took something he overheard on the radio regarding the Virus literally, and he just sobbed his heart out. After much talking he felt reassured, but it was a reminder that beneath the calm surface, they are frantically swimming trying to stay afloat to.

I’m quite glad that i’m currently single as i know i’d be a lot worse mentally if i had someone i couldn’t see.

I’m not missing work at all although i’m lucky to have a job to go back to.

I’m just counting my blessings right now. I’m with the ones i love and they’re ok. Others have it much tougher than me."

Really happy to hear you’re doing well and tbh I’ve heard stuff in the radio that’s made me want to cry my eyes out too. I don’t know how kids are coping with all this, it must be truly baffling g for them. One thing I advise is don’t compare yourself to anyone else. ‘There are plenty out there doing worse than me’ is a phrase that is very damaging as somehow it doesn’t let you accept that your own fears and concerns aren’t important. They are. This thread shows the variety of things we’re each having to deal with. Doesn’t make the feelings we’re personally experiencing any more or less real when we read about what is going on in each other’s lives. Hmmm. Does that even make sense?

Off we go then...

But I’m still struggling as I don’t live with my partner and I’m missing him so much. I need physical contact, he’s going to get hugged to death. But I will keep going x

Oh Angie! I really don’t know where you get the strength from but be proud of yourself, you’re an inspiration to me and your boys- even if they don’t show you that atm. Your partner is the lucky one, I’ve seen the size of your boobs and if you’re going to be hugging him close, that’s a serious lack of oxygen... "

Thank you lovely x

Manchester (she/her)

Been seen. Bit up in the air. They think/ hope things are minor, but they can't really know, and there's a chance I could deteriorate rapidly. But my vitals are good at the moment. And they think I'm recovering from Covid.

"My BPD has been in over drive lately. First I stop exercising and put a stone on in weight over lockdown. Ive body dismorphia so its now made worse.

Im just feeling sorry for myself and know theres people far worse then me. A swift kick up the arse is needed here xx

Welcome to the rollercoasting life style. What can I say? You know what you need to do and are taking steps to do it- well done you. I don’t know why we’re so hard on ourselves emotionally and mentally, guess we’ve never been told that it’s ok to have bad days and negative thoughts... AND being 50 is great. Welcome to the club, the celebration can wait, I mean it’s taken 59 years to yet there so waiting a few more months is ok "

Thankyou lovely, Its been a bad few weeks but your right, im taking steps and I can get myself out of this downside. The weight gain will come off and ive exercised 3 days on the trot now. I love feeling fit and theres alot of healthy eating and exercise involved but I will get there

"Been seen. Bit up in the air. They think/ hope things are minor, but they can't really know, and there's a chance I could deteriorate rapidly. But my vitals are good at the moment. And they think I'm recovering from Covid."

So you’re feeling positive?

Manchester (she/her)

"Been seen. Bit up in the air. They think/ hope things are minor, but they can't really know, and there's a chance I could deteriorate rapidly. But my vitals are good at the moment. And they think I'm recovering from Covid.

So you’re feeling positive?"

More or less. I'm not dying at least. And I'm being taken seriously.

If this has been Covid... It's not at all fun, but I've been very fortunate.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"Been seen. Bit up in the air. They think/ hope things are minor, but they can't really know, and there's a chance I could deteriorate rapidly. But my vitals are good at the moment. And they think I'm recovering from Covid.

If this has been Covid... It's not at all fun, but I've been very fortunate."

I hope that you're over the worst of it and you get better soon x

I hope that you're over the worst of it and you get better soon x "

Seconding this

Manchester (she/her)

I hope that you're over the worst of it and you get better soon x "

Thank you x

If this has been Covid... It's not at all fun, but I've been very fortunate."

Be kind to yourself while you recover, don't rush into anything taxing or stressful. x

Manchester (she/her)

Be kind to yourself while you recover, don't rush into anything taxing or stressful. x"

At the moment taxing is going to the loo

"My bipolar has got really bad and after a period of mania, I plummeted down into a deep depression. My medication is not working and I have called my mental health team who have told me basically to suck it up as they have never worked in a pandemic before and cant help me. The psychosis has been bad, telling me to harm myself and just make everyone happy with me not being around.

Oh sweetheart! Not being taken seriously by the medics is really bad but it’s not just you. They’re overworked and are so focused on Covid it seems that any other illness isn’t real anymore, except they are for the people suffering from them. You know you are bipolar and that’s a start. You know the self destructive thoughts you are having are irrational, even as you’re having them. You know the medication isn’t working and as hard as that is, it’s always good to have an explanation for what’s going on. You are an intelligent woman who realises exactly why you are feeling this way and that the only thing to do is ride it out until you start feeling better again. Your son of course is important but you must be in a good place yourself first before you can help him. Please pm me if you want to chat... "

Thank you so much that means a lot. I am sure that in time I will level put again. Seems that we are all struggling right now and if anyone needs help, please get in touch x

Sending hugs and love x

On the whole we’ve both been ok ish , both working so occupied a majority of the time ! Had a couple of minor meltdowns but nothing that didn’t resolve itself, my eldest works in a SEN school and is going back to work soon after being off and my youngest works in a local shop so like all mums I’m constantly worried about them ! This is a lovely thread and it’s so amazing to know everyone can come on here for support

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Lovely idea OP.

I'm very fortunate. Everyone in my household is still working so money isn't problem. My job is very busy and more mentally challenging than normal, but I have robust mental health, so am coping well.

I really feel for those who are struggling. Many are finding the change in finances and life in general, difficult to manage.

Sending virtual hugs to everyone.

Such a lovely thread OP. It's great to have a safe space. Some of you are going through so much that it really makes my feelings seem quite insignificant.

For me the reality is I don't know how I feel at the moment. There's a lot going on for me and I'm trying to figure it all out.

I'm feeling like a pretty rubbish mum which I know isn't the case but feels like it when I see other folk doing so much better with school stuff and baking and shit. I'm still going out to work full time and my sons are at ages (14 & 12) where they are self sufficient really but we are all anxious over the transition to high school for my youngest.

I'm sad they are both missing so much.

I'm lonely, I'm pretty heart broken still.

It was my mums birthday last week, just over a year since she died. Felt odd ever since

12th anniversary of my grans death is looming. She was my world.

Next week would have been my 20th wedding anniversary. Happily divorced for 12 years now but he just decided he didn't want anything to do with our sons which makes me carry a lot of guilt.

I miss my friends.

I have a lot of financial worries and my job is new and just feels uncertain.

I'm sick of and saddened by all hate and condemnation I'm seeing everywhere.

I think I'm just a bit overwhelmed.

I need a hug and my boys are great at them but I want one that makes me feel safe and tells me all will be OK. I've been looking for one of those for approximately 17 years if I'm truly honest. It feels like me against the world and its exhausting.

However, I plod on because I have to.

I hope that anyone struggling right now feels better soon and gets any support they need. Always happy to listen if anyone needs a chat xx

Be kind to yourself while you recover, don't rush into anything taxing or stressful. x

At the moment taxing is going to the loo "

If it was allowed I would come and carry you I have everything crossed for you x

As many of you know I really struggled at the beginning of all of this.

Things are still tricky but better then they were.

We are going back to London on Thursday for at least 6 weeks for essential medical treatment.

I'm very anxious about it as I'd finally got into a routine.

Iv also been told I won't be going back to work until at least September but thankfully on full pay.

I just feel so guilty that I'm not able to work and colleagues still have to.

"Such a lovely thread OP. It's great to have a safe space. Some of you are going through so much that it really makes my feelings seem quite insignificant.

For me the reality is I don't know how I feel at the moment. There's a lot going on for me and I'm trying to figure it all out.

I'm feeling like a pretty rubbish mum which I know isn't the case but feels like it when I see other folk doing so much better with school stuff and baking and shit. I'm still going out to work full time and my sons are at ages (14 & 12) where they are self sufficient really but we are all anxious over the transition to high school for my youngest.

It was my mums birthday last week, just over a year since she died. Felt odd ever since

Next week would have been my 20th wedding anniversary. Happily divorced for 12 years now but he just decided he didn't want anything to do with our sons which makes me carry a lot of guilt.

I miss my friends.

I need a hug and my boys are great at them but I want one that makes me feel safe and tells me all will be OK. I've been looking for one of those for approximately 17 years if I'm truly honest. It feels like me against the world and its exhausting.

I hope that anyone struggling right now feels better soon and gets any support they need. Always happy to listen if anyone needs a chat xx"

How you are feeling is not insignificant at all.

Yes we all face very different situations and challenges but how you feel is very valid.

Keep reminding yourself that you are doing the best you can. Xx

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

[Removed by poster at 22/05/20 19:20:21]

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I work as a nurse in a GP surgery.

I am doing ok at the moment but find some days better than others.

I find I dwell on patients problems when I get home.

My skin looks like crap thanks to wearing of masks all day I'm tired and drained but thankful I still have a wage coming in.

There as so many worse off than me and reading all your posts I realise that more than ever.

To those who are struggling please find someone to talk to. I don't mind if anyone want to message me for a rant, a chat or to get something off their chest please feel free. We are all stronger than we realise and we can do this.

We know this is completely random and we're complete strangers, but if anyone ever wants to message we will always reply, be it you want a recipe or too rant, we don't judge, we all have our demons, it's just ours are under control at the moment xx

"On the whole we’ve both been ok ish , both working so occupied a majority of the time ! Had a couple of minor meltdowns but nothing that didn’t resolve itself, my eldest works in a SEN school and is going back to work soon after being off and my youngest works in a local shop so like all mums I’m constantly worried about them ! This is a lovely thread and it’s so amazing to know everyone can come on here for support "

Yes. I’m more scared whenever my daughter goes out than I care to admit. Now she’s working in Subway again and the fear is real. Take care...

"We know this is completely random and we're complete strangers, but if anyone ever wants to message we will always reply, be it you want a recipe or too rant, we don't judge, we all have our demons, it's just ours are under control at the moment xx"

Thats not random, thats lovely. X

"Lovely idea OP.

I'm very fortunate. Everyone in my household is still working so money isn't problem. My job is very busy and more mentally challenging than normal, but I have robust mental health, so am coping well.

I really feel for those who are struggling. Many are finding the change in finances and life in general, difficult to manage.

Sending virtual hugs to everyone."

That’s lovely and I suspect very welcome

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Lovely thread OP,

Just one day at a time, one foot in front of the other, ride that rollercoaster is all you can do

By *ustalookCouple  over a year ago

North west

"This is a great idea, im struggling with lockdown at the moment, been furloughed now for about 9 weeks was hoping to be back in work soon but just recieved news im been furloughed into june too. My mood is all over the place too, i dont know how he coped with me at moment lol. I been trying to keep myself busy with decorating.

Yep. This one I can relate too as well. Good friends have told me I need a routine but atm all I want to do is sit in the sofa and eat. I’m trying to be kinder to myself but am going to set some goals. Maybe you could try it too? "

That sounds like a good idea, i might try that and see if that helps, hard to get routine

By *adeiteWoman  over a year ago

Poole, but up in lincs for a bit

I'm seriously struggling.

Mental health is in the shitter. Meds haven't helped, were on 1 wage so I can't afford to keep shelling out for prescriptions when one doesn't work. So given up on them. Cba.

We (me and hubs) got some good news we were moving only for it to be taken away from us the same day. I had a meltdown. It was our out away from this place. So were now trying other routes.

I'm high risk. I walk my dog once a day, and I see my garden with an occasional over the fence chat with my neighbour.

My husband goes away for work for a few weeks soon ans they've not given him anywhere to isolate after. Im scared, annoyed and so close to another breakdown. I can feel it coming.

Thank you for letting me vent.

"Such a lovely thread OP. It's great to have a safe space. Some of you are going through so much that it really makes my feelings seem quite insignificant.

I miss my friends.

I hope that anyone struggling right now feels better soon and gets any support they need. Always happy to listen if anyone needs a chat xx"

Oh sweetheart! You have so much going on and yet you’re still coping- full respect! One thing I’ve learnt is never compare your lot with other people’s, we don’t know what’s really going on with them but their life always looks better. Kids are robust, they’ll cope with this change. What they won’t cope with is you not being more forgiving to yourself and taking some timeout for your own wellbeing.... And my advice about finding Mr Right? He is out there but destiny has a way of hiding him if you try too hard to look... sending hugs and energy your way

"As many of you know I really struggled at the beginning of all of this.

Things are still tricky but better then they were.

We are going back to London on Thursday for at least 6 weeks for essential medical treatment.

I'm very anxious about it as I'd finally got into a routine.

Iv also been told I won't be going back to work until at least September but thankfully on full pay.

I just feel so guilty that I'm not able to work and colleagues still have to. "

Hey you, best of luck for the surgery and stop with the guilt. What’s the point if feeling guilty about something you have no control over? Count your blessings, stay positive and I’m really happy that your rollercoaster is now moving upwards

"I work as a nurse in a GP surgery.

I am doing ok at the moment but find some days better than others.

I find I dwell on patients problems when I get home.

My skin looks like crap thanks to wearing of masks all day I'm tired and drained but thankful I still have a wage coming in.

There as so many worse off than me and reading all your posts I realise that more than ever.

To those who are struggling please find someone to talk to. I don't mind if anyone want to message me for a rant, a chat or to get something off their chest please feel free. We are all stronger than we realise and we can do this. "

No! Your job is stressful enough without taking the problems of others home with you. I really think you need to work on this for your own emotional and mental health. What’s the point if feeling guilty for something you have no control over? That’s not healthy.... talking is the way to go and exchanging life stories. I’m getting so much inspiration from this thread and also a string feeling that we are all coping even if we don’t think we are...

Great thread.

Women are wonderful xx

"We know this is completely random and we're complete strangers, but if anyone ever wants to message we will always reply, be it you want a recipe or too rant, we don't judge, we all have our demons, it's just ours are under control at the moment xx"

Beautifully put and a point well made about all of ours having demons...

"Lovely thread OP,

Just one day at a time, one foot in front of the other, ride that rollercoaster is all you can do "

"This is a great idea, im struggling with lockdown at the moment, been furloughed now for about 9 weeks was hoping to be back in work soon but just recieved news im been furloughed into june too. My mood is all over the place too, i dont know how he coped with me at moment lol. I been trying to keep myself busy with decorating.

Yep. This one I can relate too as well. Good friends have told me I need a routine but atm all I want to do is sit in the sofa and eat. I’m trying to be kinder to myself but am going to set some goals. Maybe you could try it too?

That sounds like a good idea, i might try that and see if that helps, hard to get routine "

Hard yes but not impossible if you can get motivated. That’s what I’m struggling with but I will get there

"I'm seriously struggling.

Mental health is in the shitter. Meds haven't helped, were on 1 wage so I can't afford to keep shelling out for prescriptions when one doesn't work. So given up on them. Cba.

We (me and hubs) got some good news we were moving only for it to be taken away from us the same day. I had a meltdown. It was our out away from this place. So were now trying other routes.

I'm high risk. I walk my dog once a day, and I see my garden with an occasional over the fence chat with my neighbour.

My husband goes away for work for a few weeks soon ans they've not given him anywhere to isolate after. Im scared, annoyed and so close to another breakdown. I can feel it coming.

Thank you for letting me vent. "

Venting? This isn’t venting, this is you expressing very valid and worrying things that you have to deal with. . However, stop and think. Your mental health is not good as you haven’t got your meds. You know this. You also know you’re in a dark place because of a series of events happening in rapid succession that you have no control over. Your rollercoaster is diving at a tremendous speed but it’s time to put the brakes on. Ok. Now isn’t a good time to move, so that can wait. You have a dog that gets you out of the house, that’s good, please keep that up- as if s/he will give you a choice ha! You have a neighbour you can chat to. Good. Your hubby has to go away for a few weeks. You know it’s only a few weeks so you can also cope with this and why worry about a place to isolate yet? There is no point so please force this out of your head. It will happen if and when necessary... So many lovely people in this thread are willing to chat. Take us up on our offers and let’s help each other get through this

"Great thread.

Women are wonderful xx "

Aren’t we just? Just don’t understand why we think we have to be Superwoman 24/7

I think I’ve gone through the full range of emotions over and again.....

I came to a realisation last night though; I rather like living alone.

I think I may stop looking for a life partner I can live with and just find someone I can spend time with when i/we want to.

Truthfully?

Absolute fucking shit....And I'm incredibly lucky to have been with friends throughout lockdown. I dread to think where I'd be if I'd stayed at home alone, in fact there's every chance I wouldn't have made it this far.

I don't want sympathy, I'm a big girl.

The one thing that could make it ok is the one thing that's making it not ok. My head is spinning and my heart is hurting.

I ain't giving up on me though, I might have a sensitive soul but I'm a tough little cunt, the crying is just about over and the fight is coming back.

I can feel it brewing in my gut, so will be a case of watch out world, she's back and she's a mental motherfucker with spikey armour, an abundant lack of fucks to give and the devil in her eyes before too long.

P

"I think I’ve gone through the full range of emotions over and again.....

I think I may stop looking for a life partner I can live with and just find someone I can spend time with when i/we want to. "

So you’ve learnt something important, great to hear and good luck to you

"Truthfully?

Absolute fucking shit....And I'm incredibly lucky to have been with friends throughout lockdown. I dread to think where I'd be if I'd stayed at home alone, in fact there's every chance I wouldn't have made it this far.

I don't want sympathy, I'm a big girl.

The one thing that could make it ok is the one thing that's making it not ok. My head is spinning and my heart is hurting.

I ain't giving up on me though, I might have a sensitive soul but I'm a tough little cunt, the crying is just about over and the fight is coming back.

I can feel it brewing in my gut, so will be a case of watch out world, she's back and she's a mental motherfucker with spikey armour, an abundant lack of fucks to give and the devil in her eyes before too long.

P"

This thread isn’t about sympathy. It’s about sharing and trying to get on with life. However knowing what I do, the only thing I’ll add is that I look forward to your metamorphosis...

"I think I’ve gone through the full range of emotions over and again.....

I think I may stop looking for a life partner I can live with and just find someone I can spend time with when i/we want to.

So you’ve learnt something important, great to hear and good luck to you "

It’s just a theory atm.

My depression has lifted enough for me to be getting on with things again at the moment. I know it will descend again soon enough so I’m trying to get crucial things done.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'm going through different phases right now. Sometimes I feel incredibly happy, the sort of irritating bubbly that I am most of the time. That's a genuine feeling and it's so wonderful.

Other days like now I feel a bit like Mrs Dalloway. It's difficult because I do have friends and I'm really rather privileged but fuck it's tough. I miss my dad and my close friend a lot right now. I miss my freedom. I miss the actual act of going to work - wfh isn't the same. I feel lonely and my anxiety comes and it's awful but I can't say about it to anyone at the time so I just try and remind myself it'll pass.

I don't want to burden people with my troubles and I also feel like people expect me to be together and just "be Meli" so I find myself talking about the mundane or the daft, silly stuff and becoming almost a caricature of my positive self in the process.

Sending love to everyone who has contributed to this thread, you're not alone in how you're feeling and I hope that things are better for us all soon. x

"I'm going through different phases right now. Sometimes I feel incredibly happy, the sort of irritating bubbly that I am most of the time. That's a genuine feeling and it's so wonderful.

Other days like now I feel a bit like Mrs Dalloway. It's difficult because I do have friends and I'm really rather privileged but fuck it's tough. I miss my dad and my close friend a lot right now. I miss my freedom. I miss the actual act of going to work - wfh isn't the same. I feel lonely and my anxiety comes and it's awful but I can't say about it to anyone at the time so I just try and remind myself it'll pass.

I don't want to burden people with my troubles and I also feel like people expect me to be together and just "be Meli" so I find myself talking about the mundane or the daft, silly stuff and becoming almost a caricature of my positive self in the process.

Sending love to everyone who has contributed to this thread, you're not alone in how you're feeling and I hope that things are better for us all soon. x"

You will never be Mrs Dalloway!

I once told a manager at work that I couldn't be Coco the Clown for everyone all the time as sometimes I needed a break from it.

If you don't want to be Meli be someone else but I need to think of someone better than Mrs Dalloway. I did think of the first Mrs Rochester for a moment as at least she had a passion in her belly still but then poor thing she was completely out of it. I will think some more on that one.

I think in all of this we need to recognise that we are not a burden at all. That one day you might need me and then the next I might need you.

I miss going to work. It is the only time I used to interact with people in the week. And whilst the 13 step down the stairs commute is great for the time and pennies it frees up it is lonely.

So I guess I just want to say my inbox is there for you Meli firstface if you want to talk. Also for anyone else on here. I might not have the answers or sage advice but I can always send a or a x

"I'm going through different phases right now. Sometimes I feel incredibly happy, the sort of irritating bubbly that I am most of the time. That's a genuine feeling and it's so wonderful.

Sending love to everyone who has contributed to this thread, you're not alone in how you're feeling and I hope that things are better for us all soon. x"

Ms Dallaway is just not you. Even you, well, especially you, are allowed to go through the whole spectrum of emotions and absolutely not feel guilty about how they affect you. I’m happy that you’re realising that the phases are just that and that you have taken the difficult steps of talking about it. I really do believe that sharing our stories does help.

Good morning all you beautiful strong women. Happy Saturday xx

"

I think in all of this we need to recognise that we are not a burden at all. That one day you might need me and then the next I might need you.

"

Beautifully put! If we can all just get this into our brains and really believe it, then we can reach out to each other when needed without guilt and help each other without blame

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

"

Tried to message you. I have bipolar too. If you want to chat message me.

Take care

You can get through this

Jo x

Just sending out positive hugs and vibes to all you amazing women. Here's to a new week and as lots have said on this thread if anyone wants to chat/rant just reach out.

"Just sending out positive hugs and vibes to all you amazing women. Here's to a new week and as lots have said on this thread if anyone wants to chat/rant just reach out. "

Ok that’s lovely, lovely

Im generally doing OK, however I have a 16 yr old, 12 yr old, 11 yr old, a 5 month old whos just started teething and a 5 month old puppy......I'm EXHAUSTED and choking for a day off.....an hour off....christ 5 minutes off would even do! Someone somewhere always needs me for something and I'm spent! Hubby offered me oral earlier when i was lagging heavy....but theres about 40 things above orgasms in my list of shit i need/want lol

I'd love to sleep longer than 4 hours in a row, my neck & back have been in agony since I hit 28 weeks pregnant so a few massages wouldnt go a miss! I want to shop for clothes that FIT (all my normal clothes are size 6-8, im currently a 10 so cutting about in bloody maternity clothes still) but we're self employed & getting hit hard by lockdown so clothes need to wait - or i need to do some sit ups in my shattered sore state lol

I'm actually holding it together rather well though

» Add a new message to this topic