FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Advice Please (Fitness / Exercise)

Advice Please (Fitness / Exercise)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’ve struggled with my weight since childhood however I managed to control it and lost weight at age 15 due to my height as I grew a little taller however, I’ve always felt that I am still overweight or a little fat because of my little belly and legs. I’m trying to exercise during quarantine and wanting to lose some weight. My belly fat, leg fat and tone my body up, what shall I do, I’m clueless I don’t go gym and looking for serious advice I’m 11 stones at the moment x.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In my experience, and yes I am no longer a gym fit guy but as a has been gym rat I feel like I can answer you , the main thing is your nutrition and following that the exercise that you do. There is such a variety of exercises from simple walking, home HIIT workouts (like Joe Wick) to compound body weight exercise. I’d recommend looking on youtube. Athlean-X and Scooby have good content and explain both the nutrition and exercise side of things. If you can afford a PT i think it’s good to learn a base of information (it honestly is all the same) and when you know what needs improving on THEN go to a PT. But can all definitely done on your own. I really love joe wick recently because unliked other “home beginner” workouts he doesn’t expect you to do a handstand for half an hour or 50 pull ups as a beginner

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

There are a couple of things to try , skipping ,or cycling , as swimming is out for the moment , if your not used to taking strenuous exercise , you could start with a nintendo wii, buy one with a balance board and the wii fit and sports resort , there are gentle exercises , and a log so you can record your present weight bmi , and core strength and centre of gravity , and there are specific recommended exercises , lasting only a minute or twob, and after each one the assistant will tell you how long yoy have exercised for , and how many calories you have used . There yoga techinques requiring different levels of core strength , there are balance exercises, there are aerobic exercises , and there are toning exercises . Some require a little more concentration than others , you are continually learning, and you dont really think of it as work, because its a game , its fun, if you are unsure, dm me and wellbsort out a way to get the one i have over to you, you can try it for a a month, and if you havent list weight or improved your bmi closer to what is recommended , for your height and weight , you can try something else and you havent wasted your money, , a nine foot slipping rope with handles costs under a fiver on ebay, swimming is the most effective but cycling is next , both of those , involve cost however, so if that is an issue, try the game first , then once you have had a bit of success , you can move on, Im at home all day today if you fancy a chat , best wishes , A

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thank you I will look into his vids on YouTube

» Add a new message to this topic