FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are you brave enough?....

Are you brave enough?....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adame 2Swords OP   Woman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

So I seem to be on permanent nights volunteering for Samaritans, and my little team are desperately trying to keep our desks open. But that's why I get bad tempered with forums, because sometimes some stupid shite comes out of here.

Anyway, I had a guy last night, somewhere up north, ready to jump off a motorway bridge. Motorway closed, police near by, but talking to me. Anyway he asked me if he was doing the right thing. I couldn't say either way, but I was sure there were alternatives, and that tomorrow he could press the reset button, and find a better solution. He asked me if I could commit suicide? Unfortunately head didn't engage with mouth and I replied, that I was a couldn't rip off a plaster, I could hardly jump! Anyway, it seemed to defuse the situation, or enough, that he decided to climb to the right side of the railings and I guess the police took over.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovespudsMan  over a year ago

Swindon

YOU are a hero ! I'm a retired train driver & suicidal persons were a daily possiblity. In my forty years I managed to save five people from suicide but had the misfortune to cut a twenty eight yo male in half. Can still see & feel it now.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So I seem to be on permanent nights volunteering for Samaritans, and my little team are desperately trying to keep our desks open. But that's why I get bad tempered with forums, because sometimes some stupid shite comes out of here.

Anyway, I had a guy last night, somewhere up north, ready to jump off a motorway bridge. Motorway closed, police near by, but talking to me. Anyway he asked me if he was doing the right thing. I couldn't say either way, but I was sure there were alternatives, and that tomorrow he could press the reset button, and find a better solution. He asked me if I could commit suicide? Unfortunately head didn't engage with mouth and I replied, that I was a couldn't rip off a plaster, I could hardly jump! Anyway, it seemed to defuse the situation, or enough, that he decided to climb to the right side of the railings and I guess the police took over.

"

Kudos to you and all who do such work.

I’ve always thought I’m the type who someone can confide in, but I doubt I’ve got the words to deal with some of the things you must hear.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well done slow cum calls like that one must make your job feel like a great job to do.

In answer to your question yes I could as I’m a cool head and a great listener.

T

» Add a new message to this topic