FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Travel memories

Travel memories

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *naswingdress OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What memories do you have from your travels? Monuments, experiences, people? Things that stay with you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The view from the top of Ben Nevis when myself & the youngest daughter climbed it about 6 years ago

"What memories do you have from your travels? Monuments, experiences, people? Things that stay with you?"

Most of my life. I met the father of my children on holiday and spent 12 years with him.

Manchester (she/her)

I mentioned in another thread seeing the Parthenon Marbles in the British Museum. Such things were inaccessible to me for a very long time, and do have to be seen in person.

I have a near lifelong passion for the ancient world, and seeing pieces of the Parthenon in person moved me to tears.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Walking up Snowden, April 7th 2012. "Don't go up" was the official advice due to snow. The snow on the top half was horrendous, there were still hundreds of people up there.

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Last September Myself and a friend took a train to York.

I’d never had the opportunity to ride a train so I felt like a kid at Christmas. We spent the day site seeing, having afternoon tea and our final stop the York Minster. It was breathtakingly beautiful and something I’ll never forget.

By *latinumkittenWoman  over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

Dawn swims in oceans,

Catching fireflies as the sun sets,

Stowing away on a ship and watching land disappear off the horizon,

Perching on the very edge of a yacht at full sail,

Travelling in the jump seat of a commercial aircraft,

Unexpectedly riding a racehorse at full speed,

Fish tickling my feet in the sea,

Ballooning at 4,000 feet over glorious countryside,

Having a wild lioness sniff my leg...

What a fantastic thread OP. You're bringing to mind so may glorious moments

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

My first ever holiday abroad was with some females I met via this. It's a holiday I won't forget, no frolics just sun, sea and relaxation!

Manchester (she/her)

"Last September Myself and a friend took a train to York.

I’d never had the opportunity to ride a train so I felt like a kid at Christmas. We spent the day site seeing, having afternoon tea and our final stop the York Minster. It was breathtakingly beautiful and something I’ll never forget."

I had a friend visit from the US a few years ago. I took her to Chester. She found trains (which are for stuff, not people) baffling and confusing, which was amusing. She cried in Chester Cathedral. The oldest church she'd been in before that was mid 20th century.

By *ovissime acutamMan  over a year ago

Oxford

In Rome at Pentecost, watching as thousands of rose petals were poured through the eye of the pantheon. Seeing them fall through the eye like raining fire and then land all around me.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Eating in a Mall in Bangkok, well away from the Tourist areas. As I was the only European in the place, nobody spoke or any of the signs were in English I suddenly felt like an alien in a different world. Occasionally getting weird looks from the locals, trying to communicate when nobody speaks your language,I loved it as I realised how far away from home I was.

Manchester (she/her)

Had a hilarious moment in the wrong part of San Francisco when I was eighteen. Got lost. A homeless man jumped out, told me how to spell something, then ran away. Scared the shit out of me in the moment.

Not that many really as most of my holidays were when I was young. I vaguely remember going to a cave in Spain.

There was a medieval knights thing we went to and the good knight gave me a rose.

Having the shits and not leaving the room for a few days.

My most recent holiday was Turkey in 2004, the hotel was beautiful but the market was quite frightening.

There was a man who won a holiday at the hotel with his family, he scared me so bad I had to report him to staff. I had gone for a cigarette and wander round the grounds, he kept blocking my way and followed me back to my room.

P

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Mexico I have such fond memories of that country. The smell the feel the atmosphere. Watching storms out at sea while canoodling on the beach at Temptations to going into the jungle and swimming in Cenotes.

My passion now is for the Middle East and the Maghreb. You really feel you are in a different world.

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Christmas in Copenhagen.

Dia de los Muertos in Mexico.

Getting lost in Sweden.

Jim Morrison's grave on Christmas morning in Paris.

Breakfast in Vegas, supper in San Fran.

Barcelona Hells Angels dressed as Santa for the kids.

Making friends in Havana.

...I really miss the world.

Manchester (she/her)

Rolling down Australian Federal Parliament House is fun.

Fuckers tried to ban it

Far too many to mention, my job involves travel and been doing it many years and everyone is an adventure

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Many many for me... the ones that spring to mind was the huge smile and wow face and tears my then 12 year old daughter had.. when she first saw the Colosseum... she was so busy looking at the ice cream as we came out of the metro she wasnt looking ...

She actually was so emotional about it she got a free ice cream as the guy selling them was so moved by her genuine reaction to it.

The other for was flying into Naples and seeing Mt vesuvius.... and actually the smell of Jasmine in Pompeii. I could mention so much from Pompeii or herculaneum as the whole experience was just wow.

Another for me was when I braved my fear of heights and went to the roof of Milans cathedral.. I had to ring a friend before I dared climb down though

Flying away from Mt etna was another highlight. It took my breath away

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Many many for me... the ones that spring to mind was the huge smile and wow face and tears my then 12 year old daughter had.. when she first saw the Colosseum... she was so busy looking at the ice cream as we came out of the metro she wasnt looking ...

She actually was so emotional about it she got a free ice cream as the guy selling them was so moved by her genuine reaction to it.

The other for was flying into Naples and seeing Mt vesuvius.... and actually the smell of Jasmine in Pompeii. I could mention so much from Pompeii or herculaneum as the whole experience was just wow.

Another for me was when I braved my fear of heights and went to the roof of Milans cathedral.. I had to ring a friend before I dared climb down though

Flying away from Mt etna was another highlight. It took my breath away "

I was meant to be going to Sorrento this year. I’m sad that I may have to wait til next summer.

When I was working in Kent I had some time off and I decided to drive over to France to see what it was like on the other side.

I went to Calais and had a drink there, then the next day I moved on but my sat nav stopped working and I ended up lost in the countryside.

I rememeber coming across a cafe/bar in the middle of nowhere and when I tried to chat with the locals they laughed at me trying to communicate with them.

I moved on and ended up sleeping in the back of my van. The next day I had a call to say there was no more work to be done in kent for a few days, so I thought I'm never going to come here again and I moved on and up to Amsterdam.

Il never forget how hard it was to drive through the town with all the cyclists. I couldn't find anywhere to stay or park, so I just had a quick look around then drove halfway back to the boat and slept in the van and got the first ferry back in the morning.

st bees head, in a caravan with my nan, great aunt and great gran. I befriended two brothers also there, and spent the entire holiday with them. They didnt live far from the caravan park.and i got invited to their home one day.they had a big conservatory.i remember going to whitehaven while up there.my nan bought me some shoes and after we left the shop the assistent came after us because i had left a toy bird i had on a stick.happy times. I was 5.

I went to see the Amish community in Pennsylvania. Lovely people. I've always wanted to go after seeing Witness when I was younger.

A few things stand out to me as I do a lot of traveling throughout the UK for work. Years ago I was in central London and a charming old man was trying to tempt me into a club.

He pointed at a door and recommended it. I thought sure il have a look and when I went in I was greated by an angry looking women who ordered me to sit down in the corner. She was a proper bitch to me.

I could see two guys up against the wall and the staff were repeatedly shouting at them "PAY UP"

I asked what was going on and I was told that "the guys touched one of the girls" after hearing this I got out asap before I was accused of anything.

I later did some research about the place and it was a proper dodgy illegal place where guys had been blackm#iled into handing over cash and there was even a report of someone getting murdered after being forcefully taken to a cash point.

When I got out I approached the man who told me to go in there and he legged it. Il never forget that one.

» Add a new message to this topic