FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Buying a house

Buying a house

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are there any estate agents here that can give insider tips?

As a buyer I know the agent you go through is ultimately working on behalf of the seller, so...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The true value of a house is the price a willing purchaser is prepared to pay for it. I'm no agent but remember they will secure the highest price they can get, that's their job and in many instances, their fee is based on the sale price.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Don’t be afraid to make offers.

Unless you’re getting a proper detailed report. The standard home buyers report isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

A survey that takes 30mins and involves someone sticking a damp meter in a few walls and looking at the consumer unit for 0.3 seconds is utterly worthless.

And also remember that common sense and solicitors aren’t usually mixed together, expect any enquires raised by your own solicitor to be swatted away like a fly because they’re meaningless.

Just sold a house last winter and some of the buyers solicitors enquires were laughable and some were actually totally irrelevant. So don’t be alarmed by some of them.

And finally read everything thoroughly they send you. I found several mistakes on the legal documents detailing the house I was buying.

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Just involve Phil and Kirstie

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Speak to a mortgage advisor, not one linked to the estate agent, get a Decision in Principle it will show Estate Agents you have the required funds in place to proceed and they will take you far more seriously.

Don't use a solicitor based on cheapest cost, ask for recommendations

Jo x

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I sold my last house on Gumtree. I still had to pay for a surveyor and for an EPC, but as there were a lot of similar houses for sale where I lived, I could afford to ask a lower price as there were no agent fees to pay. I had an offer within 7 days and was all done and dusted within a month, and that was how how long it took for our solicitors to draw up and exchange the contracts.

"Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Don’t be afraid to make offers.

"

Excellent advice. The seller has to provide truthful answers as this can lead to legal action after the sale if they deliberately lie about things. Even things such as neighbour disputes.

Also ask if they’ve had offers and if the other buyers were stuck in a chain.

"Are there any estate agents here that can give insider tips?

As a buyer I know the agent you go through is ultimately working on behalf of the seller, so..."

New idea for a buisness opportunity fab estates

As a buyer I know the agent you go through is ultimately working on behalf of the seller, so..."

Asking price is almost always way ott, always go in low, even if you love it and don’t be afraid to make them sweat it out.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks all. Appreciated.

I’m a buying agent but prior to that I was an estate agent for 15 years so know most of the tricks, feel free to message me any questions you have.

Make sure you pump all your liquid assets to the real estate property!

Not necessarily true. A good estate agent works for both parties. Happy purchaser is just as important as a happy vendor.

Dont be a pain in the arse and try to play silly games. Ultimately you'll miss out and agents will share details of customers they believe to be time wasters.

Good luck, I hope you find the home of your dreams

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

lol I've 7 viewings today at mine. The purchaser hasn't seen it, so I've basically got to do all the work. Hopefully I'll get a bite, want to move.

By *itofamouthfullMan  over a year ago

here and there

As a buyer I know the agent you go through is ultimately working on behalf of the seller, so...

Not necessarily true. A good estate agent works for both parties. Happy purchaser is just as important as a happy vendor.

Dont be a pain in the arse and try to play silly games. Ultimately you'll miss out and agents will share details of customers they believe to be time wasters.

Good luck, I hope you find the home of your dreams "

Yep agree with this

» Add a new message to this topic