FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > right kind of profile bio.

right kind of profile bio.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hey you lovely lot. I'm looking for some opinions. We had a very simple profile bio and received tons of messages from people who were not to our liking, we have since made a longer more in depth profile. We don't want to waste anyone's time or ourselves. I was finding that even politely declining, people got extremely rude and got offended when we said, sorry but you are not who we are looking for. What is your opinion of our new profile and would you be turned off reading it. I told my partner that the people who are genuinely interested would read the profile. Is that a correct assumption.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s very long.

If someone messages you that you aren’t interested in, delete the message. If they message again, block them.

No reply = no interest.

Went to have a look but TL;DR!

If I was a guy and I spent 5 minutes or longer reading your entire profile and then sending a well thought out message only for it to be deleted I’d feel a bit miffed.

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

It’s well written but I think to be honest the people that you are trying to discourage will probably go no further than your pics, which are very nice by the way.

Like you say, the people you want to meet are the types that can be interested enough to read it and understand you.

Leave it be I say.

It could be a lot of nonsense like mine.

Wow I agree it is very long. I always look at pictures first the go and read profile if I’m attracted. If I saw a profile like that I would skim read and pick out key points and then maybe if I was really interested I would read all but I think personally it is far too long of a read to introduce yourselves and your wants and likes. But you do you!!

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

I like it.

Exactly what you want and the tone isn't pushy or negative.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

There's no right profile. The best thing to do is write what you want, if people contact you who haven't read it either don't respond or just briefly but politely reject then block if they persist. Don't get involved in explanations or justifying your decision.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

The profile length is fine, and it says what you want it to say. It’s very clear. If people aren’t interested in reading about you, they won’t be right for you.

You may want to break it up with shorter paragraphs to make it a little more digestible.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Way too long OP. I didn't get to the end, sorry.

My profile text says I want to use the skin of a mans penis to make a dressing gown. I don’t think people read profiles regardless of the length.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"My profile text says I want to use the skin of a mans penis to make a dressing gown. I don’t think people read profiles regardless of the length. "

My profile text says I want to use the skin of a mans penis to make a dressing gown. I don’t think people read profiles regardless of the length.

Surely that limits the fan base because vegans and vegetarians would be scared off

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"My profile text says I want to use the skin of a mans penis to make a dressing gown. I don’t think people read profiles regardless of the length. "

Some people do, some people don’t. Whether it’s important they do or don’t, and whether it bothers you if they do or don’t, is naturally subjective.

"Went to have a look but TL;DR!

If I was a guy and I spent 5 minutes or longer reading your entire profile and then sending a well thought out message only for it to be deleted I’d feel a bit miffed.

"

Very true, we do tend to reply to those who do send us well thought out messages.

"It’s well written but I think to be honest the people that you are trying to discourage will probably go no further than your pics, which are very nice by the way.

Like you say, the people you want to meet are the types that can be interested enough to read it and understand you.

Leave it be I say.

It could be a lot of nonsense like mine. "

Thank you, exactly why we did this. I am very soft and don't like to disappoint people so was hoping this would help. I feel bad for saying no

"The profile length is fine, and it says what you want it to say. It’s very clear. If people aren’t interested in reading about you, they won’t be right for you.

You may want to break it up with shorter paragraphs to make it a little more digestible."

Thank you, I shall break it up a bit x

I'm the same - I hate saying no. J doesn't have that issue though so I tend to leave it to him. I think your profile is long but it covers everything. However, I'd argue that the messages you don't want to receive will still come through as 90% of people seem to skip profiles and just go on images alone. Frustrating!

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

It's a difficult balance between making your profile appealing for your target group while keeping it interesting and not to long winded.

I went through numerous profile re writes before I hit the balance I was aiming for.

My advice is to start creatively drafting

Brilliant, yes I totally agree

"I'm the same - I hate saying no. J doesn't have that issue though so I tend to leave it to him. I think your profile is long but it covers everything. However, I'd argue that the messages you don't want to receive will still come through as 90% of people seem to skip profiles and just go on images alone. Frustrating!"

True, but least I do warn that we will block so hopefully no offence gets caused

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

"It’s well written but I think to be honest the people that you are trying to discourage will probably go no further than your pics, which are very nice by the way.

Leave it be I say.

Thank you, exactly why we did this. I am very soft and don't like to disappoint people so was hoping this would help. I feel bad for saying no "

Nobody should ever feel bad for saying no and nobody should make somebody feel bad for them having said no.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Leave it be I say.

Thank you, exactly why we did this. I am very soft and don't like to disappoint people so was hoping this would help. I feel bad for saying no

Nobody should ever feel bad for saying no and nobody should make somebody feel bad for them having said no. "

This.

» Add a new message to this topic