FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone had to kill an animal out of kindness

Anyone had to kill an animal out of kindness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ob Carpe Diem OP   Man  over a year ago

Torquay

I had a very unfortunate experience when I had to drown a kitten, so young it's eyes were still shut. Sadly it was born in cat paradise Aitutaki in the Cook Islands, no dogs in that place but it was abandoned and a dead sibling nearby, still troubles me from time to time but there really was no option

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Torquay

I guess vets need not respond

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've necked a hen and a pigeon before. Euthanized a few fish. Needs must sometimes

I can think of a few humans I'd be generous with.....

Torquay

"I've necked a hen and a pigeon before. Euthanized a few fish. Needs must sometimes "

Yes I killed an injured pigeon once, much easier than a kitten though, I think it was just because it was such a fantastic place and the poor mite was never going to see it.

I've killed a rat that was already dying... or maybe in labour I dunno. It was a roasting hot day and it was all fucked up in the bushes.

It might have been vermin, but I still cried a little.

P

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"I've killed a rat that was already dying... or maybe in labour I dunno. It was a roasting hot day and it was all fucked up in the bushes.

P"

Probably poisoned.

Found a pigeon with half a wing shot off/missing somehow. Thought I'd wrung its neck but it was still moving so I tried again and it's head came right off . Took a while to get that out of my mind

Mr

Torquay

"I've killed a rat that was already dying... or maybe in labour I dunno. It was a roasting hot day and it was all fucked up in the bushes.

P

Probably poisoned. "

Yes I think probably poison, people will kill rats inhumanely but they do breed so quickly there's probably little choice.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

A rabbit with myxomatosis - poor things eyes were completely scabbed over and it was just turning in circles in the middle of the road, completely disorientated.

And a squirrel that the car in front of me ran over but didn't kill outright.

Im not entirely sure I could to be honest I would have to bundle it up and take it to someone who would.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

on my way to a school to deliver a parcel cat runs under the van bang look in mirror poor thing is trying to get up with a clearly broken spine .walk back and break its neck to put it out of its misery here a whimper turn around and the whole playground are watching at that point a small girl shouts "you killed " before mass hysterical wailing breaks out . needless to say I made the delivery a few days after to dark looks of the re receptionist

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I have to open windows to let files out.

The time bambi jumped a wall onto the bonnet of my car, I stopped lifed it up and carried it, put it in the back of my landy and drove it to a vets offering to pay the medical Bill's...

I found a deer that had been hit by a car.

It had bones poking out both front legs, I will never forget the sound of bone on tarmac.

Had to cut its throat. Not one of my better memories.

Quite a few rabbits over the years. Some fish.

"I found a deer that had been hit by a car.

It had bones poking out both front legs, I will never forget the sound of bone on tarmac.

Had to cut its throat. Not one of my better memories."

God I would if been no good. I had to kill a mouse the cat had sentenced to a slow death once and I felt like shit for it go ages. I'm soft as when it comes to animals.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Yes. Many wildlife that my cats bring me half done. I always see if they can be helped first.

Mice. We had an infestation of mice. We refused to use poison and sticky traps so opted for live capture and blocking any entrances they could use.

The issue of live mice only occured to us after we caught a few.

My brother is a pussy and mum, bless her, didnt want to take a life.

So leaving me to come up with a solution...wrapping them loosely in a plastic bag and dropping a paint can on them from height. Instant humane death and easy cleanup.

How objective of me

Quite a lot at one time. I had a roof rack that pigeons could not judge on take off. Many got battered and i had to do a head wringing.

Not that I can think of off the top of my head, but I must of at some point.

This thread just reminded me of my cousin who recently took his Jack Russel to the vets and he had to pay £300! for it to get put to sleep.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

"I found a deer that had been hit by a car.

Had to cut its throat. Not one of my better memories.

God I would if been no good. I had to kill a mouse the cat had sentenced to a slow death once and I felt like shit for it go ages. I'm soft as when it comes to animals. "

I can’t cope

» Add a new message to this topic