FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Where do you find joy?

Where do you find joy?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *zreal_rdg OP   Man  over a year ago

Reading

The lock down has made life very hard for most of us and left many feeling isolated.

There are many simple pleasures that I think when totally free, I took for granted.

These things that bring me pleasure have been keeping me sane. I have a new respect for these simple things.

As I write this I am sat in a public park in the town centre. There are a few other people dotted around. Some parents playing with their kids.

There’s a fountain in the background, the sound of the water is calming. I can hear birds and some of them occasionally land next to me. I am laying under a war memorial. The sun is out but I’m laying in the shade. With my feet in the sun.

I’ve taken my shoes and socks off and exposing my piggy trotters to the rest of the people in the park.

I’m breathing slowly and remembering that I’m ok. That, right now, everything is ok. I’m lucky that I can do this.

What little things bring you joy?

How are you keeping yourself sane, in this time?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Learning, experimenting, connecting with others.

Helping people.

By *uicy jonesMan  over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

If I'm honest partly coming on the forums and having a little light hearted banter , but lately that's not happening . Feel ignored , but that's probably part of my mental state ATM to ,,, but do feel it ,,,

Otherwise I blast out my music full volume ,,, usually 80s , but others to including Faithless , tiesto , ,,,

Or had been going walking for a few hours and just loosing myself , but had to stop that due to back issues ,,,

I fully I live in a beautiful part of the world and looking out my window I have a magnificent views or in my garden ,

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your OP brought me joy.

I'm not sane, I'm fucked up and totally broken but alive.

The sun, the clouds, the birds tweeting at me annoyed that I didn't fill the feeder, Wotsits, walking outdoors, waking up not dead, kid's rainbow pictures in windows, the stairs after I vac'd them, my boobs, people smiling when we pass and move 2m apart, the supermarket being easier to navigate and queue for tills, achieving 2 things every day, finding the next tattoo I want.

By *zreal_rdg OP   Man  over a year ago

Reading

"Your OP brought me joy.

The sun, the clouds, the birds tweeting at me annoyed that I didn't fill the feeder, Wotsits, walking outdoors, waking up not dead, kid's rainbow pictures in windows, the stairs after I vac'd them, my boobs, people smiling when we pass and move 2m apart, the supermarket being easier to navigate and queue for tills, achieving 2 things every day, finding the next tattoo I want.

"

I just looked round because I am eating wotsits. Freaked me out a little lol

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

"If I'm honest partly coming on the forums and having a little light hearted banter , but lately that's not happening . Feel ignored , but that's probably part of my mental state ATM to ,,, but do feel it ,,,

Otherwise I blast out my music full volume ,,, usually 80s , but others to including Faithless , tiesto , ,,,

Or had been going walking for a few hours and just loosing myself , but had to stop that due to back issues ,,,

I fully I live in a beautiful part of the world and looking out my window I have a magnificent views or in my garden , "

Laughing at your joke xx

"Your OP brought me joy.

I just looked round because I am eating wotsits. Freaked me out a little lol"

My Kindle. I'm doing a hell of a lot of reading right now - I'm currently reading my fifth book in eight days - and I'm grateful that I can afford to have such a nifty gadget that's full of new books to read.

Chats with my friends family and colleagues.

Time with my pets.

Ticks on my To-do list...

I've still chatted to people and gone out walking on beach and along the coast, i sat today on the promenade and listened to a woman sing and play acoustic guitar ..... gorgeous voice and right into it oblivious almost to the 100s of cyclists going far too fast on the pavement weaving in and out of the many people out today

I'm a simple man so i can find it in the simplest of things.

By *rad_ell12Man  over a year ago

Brighouse

My pets, keep 2 snakss and they bring me a hell of a lot of happiness! And simple chats with people are where I find a lot of my happiness

To eat rice if you see what I mean

Fabulousandbearded penis

"Fabulousandbearded penis which I have never had the chance to caress"

One day

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

A long walk at the coast, some times with music or a podcast or just listening to the waves. A pint outside in the sun, an ice cream and maybe chippy chips as well. Alone or with a partner, I miss those days and truly hope I get in at least another before the end of summer.

"Fabulousandbearded penis which I have never had the chance to caress

One day "

I can dream

» Add a new message to this topic