FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mental health awareness

Mental health awareness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rad_ell12 OP   Man  over a year ago

Brighouse

So could turn into a rant on my end, but with the current climate, there is a lot of talk in regards too mental health, which is great and I fully advocate suffering with depression and anxiety myself! But what is starting to wind me up is seeing so many people that want to be seen to care but in reality don't, I see a lot of people pick and chose when they care about this, for me, a simple conversation with someone helps, but the amount of people I see when I do reach out that will on the face of it offer support, comment on things etc, but will not reply to a message or even blatently ignore conversations is amazing to me, I'm not talking about this site in perticular this is just in general also!

I'm aware the internet isnt the best place for this but hey ho, and I'm also aware people have there own shit going on, but in my humble opinion why would you publicly offer support just to then not bother, seems very weird to me!

Anyway, just a little rant for today, not expecting sympathy or even any comments but just needed to let that out as smashing my head against a wall wouldn't go down well

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think social media in general is very fickle, with many changing profile pictures to show support for popular topics.

But I also think it's easy to forget how many people ARE caring and doing the right thing? Focus on those people...I genuinely believe they are the majority. Theres an amazing amount of good work ongoing at the moment.

" I think social media in general is very fickle, with many changing profile pictures to show support for popular topics.

But I also think it's easy to forget how many people ARE caring and doing the right thing? Focus on those people...I genuinely believe they are the majority. Theres an amazing amount of good work ongoing at the moment. "

True dat

Brighouse

" I think social media in general is very fickle, with many changing profile pictures to show support for popular topics.

But I also think it's easy to forget how many people ARE caring and doing the right thing? Focus on those people...I genuinely believe they are the majority. Theres an amazing amount of good work ongoing at the moment. "

That I do try to do, even had a someone message me and have a conversation, fairly deeply about life on here which was very un expected, but I do get very frustrated with the falseness of what seems to be the majority of people, whether that be social media or other wise in regards to this, being on both sides with an ex partner suffering through it as well, I know how important the support can be, so to offer it falsely can be a bigger detroment to someone than not at all

But I also think it's easy to forget how many people ARE caring and doing the right thing? Focus on those people...I genuinely believe they are the majority. Theres an amazing amount of good work ongoing at the moment.

That I do try to do, even had a someone message me and have a conversation, fairly deeply about life on here which was very un expected, but I do get very frustrated with the falseness of what seems to be the majority of people, whether that be social media or other wise in regards to this, being on both sides with an ex partner suffering through it as well, I know how important the support can be,

***so to offer it falsely can be a bigger detroment to someone than not at all ***"

You don't need them. I think all this covid shit has proved it. People are more trouble than they're worth.

I've had enough of the fake and false "I'm there for you" bullshit and alienated all my 'friends', and I feel much better for it.

Brighouse

That I do try to do, even had a someone message me and have a conversation, fairly deeply about life on here which was very un expected, but I do get very frustrated with the falseness of what seems to be the majority of people, whether that be social media or other wise in regards to this, being on both sides with an ex partner suffering through it as well, I know how important the support can be,

***so to offer it falsely can be a bigger detroment to someone than not at all ***

You don't need them. I think all this covid shit has proved it. People are more trouble than they're worth.

I've had enough of the fake and false "I'm there for you" bullshit and alienated all my 'friends', and I feel much better for it. "

Its probably the best thing to do! Im starting to take steps to put my own self worth back into myself, rather than relying hesvily on outside sources, but I do still enjoy chatting and getting to know people but falseness is the biggest thing that turns me away now, it's amazing really how many people do things just to be seen to be doing them

***so to offer it falsely can be a bigger detroment to someone than not at all ***

I've had enough of the fake and false "I'm there for you" bullshit and alienated all my 'friends', and I feel much better for it.

Its probably the best thing to do! Im starting to take steps to put my own self worth back into myself, rather than relying hesvily on outside sources, but I do still enjoy chatting and getting to know people but falseness is the biggest thing that turns me away now, it's amazing really how many people do things just to be seen to be doing them"

Falseness is annoying but think of it as their problem not yours.

They may also really want to help, but then lockdown issues hit them and they can't cope for that minute/ hour/ day and pull away. Got to remember that they too may struggling. It's not necessarily that they are false.

One day I'm chatty and the next I want everyone to fuck off. Maybe you are the same. You are unique and special. Appreciate yourself.

Brighouse

Its probably the best thing to do! Im starting to take steps to put my own self worth back into myself, rather than relying hesvily on outside sources, but I do still enjoy chatting and getting to know people but falseness is the biggest thing that turns me away now, it's amazing really how many people do things just to be seen to be doing them

Falseness is annoying but think of it as their problem not yours.

They may also really want to help, but then lockdown issues hit them and they can't cope for that minute/ hour/ day and pull away. Got to remember that they too may struggling. It's not necessarily that they are false.

One day I'm chatty and the next I want everyone to fuck off. Maybe you are the same. You are unique and special. Appreciate yourself. "

That I fully appreciate, if.people have there own stuff going on, thats understandble, but I've seen it happen to much for that to be reasonable for everyone if that makes sence, but yeah, I'm slowly learning the ways to do that now! As I say just see it on too many occasions and it's starting to grind my gears now, not even too me but too others as well, its not impressive to look like your trying to help and not follow through, even less to do it so publicly that its clear its for attention

» Add a new message to this topic