FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Motivation drug

Motivation drug

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone got any advice on getting motivation to do exercise? Heaviest Iv ever been and feel bleugh.

I have a gym at work and I’m working but just can’t find any motivation

Getting to the stage where I’m going to have to update my profile from ample lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Amphetamine sulphate works a treat...

Honestly? Start small. Go for walks. Up the distance.

Competitive team sports work. You'll feel you must attend and give your best so as not to let the team down. You can't beat that kind of pressure.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Start little at a time and build up. Or find an accountability partner. Do things you enjoy. Give it at least a few days to feel a reward from it.

Woman on a bicycle at the gym is usually a good motivation. I planned to do a 10 min warm up on the treadmill and ended up doing 47 minutes.

Don't think about it, just do it.

If I think about it I find ways not to bother. I really don't want to exercise, I want to sit on my arse. But I get up and do it and feel better afterwards.

This also works with ironing.

Thanks for the replies. I’m lucky to have access to a gym but still just kind find myself to get there. Iv really no excuse. Think the lockdown snacking has had its toll on me

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"Amphetamine sulphate works a treat..."

*sniffers*......damn auto correct I mean *sniggers*

Walking.

By *aul DeUther-OneMan  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

"Anyone got any advice on getting motivation to do exercise? Heaviest Iv ever been and feel bleugh.

Getting to the stage where I’m going to have to update my profile from ample lol"

Rather than pushing yourself to do exercise try below...

Look for a route that will take you past scenery which changes during the day and through the year eg country lane with some trees and watercourses. Make mental notes on how the scenes change depending on what time of day or season you see them. Pretty soon you will be keen to get back and see whether.... the birds have flown their nest yet.... if you meet someone along the way again or what colour the blossom or leaves are on that tree etc etc.

Take some time to smell the flowers.. let us know how you're getting on

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Anyone got any advice on getting motivation to do exercise? Heaviest Iv ever been and feel bleugh.

Getting to the stage where I’m going to have to update my profile from ample lol"

Get a hotty to say she'll fuck you if you reach X weight

That would certainly be motivating lol but realistically ain’t going to happen lol

Getting to the stage where I’m going to have to update my profile from ample lol

Rather than pushing yourself to do exercise try below...

Look for a route that will take you past scenery which changes during the day and through the year eg country lane with some trees and watercourses. Make mental notes on how the scenes change depending on what time of day or season you see them. Pretty soon you will be keen to get back and see whether.... the birds have flown their nest yet.... if you meet someone along the way again or what colour the blossom or leaves are on that tree etc etc.

Take some time to smell the flowers.. let us know how you're getting on"

That’s really interesting! I never thought about that, I guess I just take everything around me for granted. Thanks, I’m definitely going to try and walk a bit more. Lockdown in Scotland is still quite restrictive

[Removed by poster at 16/05/20 14:20:32]

Coming from someone who always thought exercise was meant to be in a gym or with a home workout dvd I'd say get yourself outside, especially now the weather is nice. This lockdown has been the longest I've ever stuck to an exercise plan and I'm convinced it's the fresh air that's making a difference and making me enjoy it for the first time in my life

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

There's no drug, you've just got to suck it up and do it. And then keep on doing it.

Not that I follow my own advice hahah.

I agree with walking, but no ambling along, stride out until you're puffing and sweaty (yes, I am very attractive when I'm out walking )

An hours walk like this will burn 400/500 calories and time you up, plus, fresh air, countryside and all that

Just commit yourself to do something and do it. However small...

You can get the Pelton app and workout with a virtual group of people across the world.

"Start little at a time and build up. Or find an accountability partner. Do things you enjoy. Give it at least a few days to feel a reward from it."

This!

I was thinking of trying the Couch to 5k running programme but was too scared until I found a lovely lady in the forums who also wanted to give it a go. We are now going running (separately) 3/4 times per week (plus I do YouTube dance workouts inbetween) and checking in with each other every time/egging each other on when we are struggling. I am further behind than her as I couldn't run 8 sets of one minute on the first day like you're supposed to but I started very very small and adjusted the times you're meant to run/walk for. At first I struggled to run 10 seconds at a time but am now up to 30 seconds running/2 minutes walking x 8 in just under 2 weeks. Since the start of lockdown I have officially lost a stone

Honestly the hardest part is getting out the door, but once you've done it you'll feel amazing

A stone!! Well done you! I think I have about 4 Of them to loose lol. That’s really good going though.

Yeah getting off the sofa or when at work where there is a running machine I sit on the computer avoiding it.

I used to go, was never a weightlifter but was toned. Now well ample is probably slipping away

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"That would certainly be motivating lol but realistically ain’t going to happen lol"

You're probably right but it's a nice thought

"Start little at a time and build up. Or find an accountability partner. Do things you enjoy. Give it at least a few days to feel a reward from it.

This!

I was thinking of trying the Couch to 5k running programme but was too scared until I found a lovely lady in the forums who also wanted to give it a go. We are now going running (separately) 3/4 times per week (plus I do YouTube dance workouts inbetween) and checking in with each other every time/egging each other on when we are struggling. I am further behind than her as I couldn't run 8 sets of one minute on the first day like you're supposed to but I started very very small and adjusted the times you're meant to run/walk for. At first I struggled to run 10 seconds at a time but am now up to 30 seconds running/2 minutes walking x 8 in just under 2 weeks. Since the start of lockdown I have officially lost a stone

Honestly the hardest part is getting out the door, but once you've done it you'll feel amazing "

That's brilliant!!

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"Start little at a time and build up. Or find an accountability partner. Do things you enjoy. Give it at least a few days to feel a reward from it.

This!

Honestly the hardest part is getting out the door, but once you've done it you'll feel amazing "

Thats quite an achievement ..In fact you have given me a bit of hope x

By *Xtriple7Couple  over a year ago

I find consistency is the hardest thing. Can do 20/25km on the rowing machine then nothing for weeks

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I put on a stone over lock down and standing naked In front of the mirror is my motivation to lose it, 1 week down and I've lost 1/4 of it and my waist is defining again

"A stone!! Well done you! I think I have about 4 Of them to loose lol. That’s really good going though.

Yeah getting off the sofa or when at work where there is a running machine I sit on the computer avoiding it.

I used to go, was never a weightlifter but was toned. Now well ample is probably slipping away "

Haha 4 stone is not that much in the grand scheme of things if you just take it one lb at a time. It's not really about the weight loss anyway but just about getting fit and healthy again.

Are you sure it's not the actual running machine that's putting you off? I always used to try walking/jogging on treadmills and gave up very quickly as it was so monotonous. Do you have any nice parks or walking trails near you? Even the feeling of ground on your feet is so much nicer than a treadmill in my opinion I have a friend who is crazy into running, does triathlons every other weekend and runs for miles and miles like it's nothing but can't last 10 minutes on a treadmill!

This!

Honestly the hardest part is getting out the door, but once you've done it you'll feel amazing

That's brilliant!! "

This!

Thats quite an achievement ..In fact you have given me a bit of hope x"

That's great to hear, go for it!

Iv tried the x trainer and that just felt weird, rowing was like hard work and cycling machine hurt my bum lol. So running it is!

Il get on it, going to think il get more messages if I have a photo on my profile and therefore need to loose weight

Get yourself into a routine and make sure its enjoyable exercise.

I've just started watching YouTube workouts.

I hate exercise but the routine of it has helped to keep me motivated

This!

That's amazing. Well done

Use social facilitation theory to boost your performance

Do you like music. Put an upbeat playlist on that really makes you want to get up and move. X

Thanks everyone for replying and messaging.

This morning ran on the treadmill for the first time in ages, legs hurt a bit now but i know it will pay off.

Started the couch to 5k challenge although started a couple of days into it.

Thanks again folks, the motivation from fab most definitely helped.

» Add a new message to this topic