FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > clap for carers

clap for carers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heffm OP   Man  over a year ago

sheffield

the bbc was a disgrace tonight,conducting interviews during the appreciation of our carers, they wouldnt do it on remembrance day!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is this a troll post or serious?

sheffield

serious!

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

Perhaps the interview's were pre recorded, so they could all go out and clap?

[Removed by poster at 14/05/20 20:23:06]

I think the clapping is getting a bit much. It feels like everyone is trying to outdo each other to prove they care the most.

It was a beautiful gesture at first but now I feel its less about showing appreciation and more about showing off

"serious!"

Oh dear.....

sheffield

"Perhaps the interview's were pre recorded, so they could all go out and clap? "
pre recorded live? is that some new thing!

"[Silenced by poster at 14/05/20 20:23:06]"

I'll start clapping carers ( I am one) when cancer patients start getting chemo again and are not pushed to one side

"the bbc was a disgrace tonight,conducting interviews during the appreciation of our carers, they wouldnt do it on remembrance day! "

I always clap silently on Remembrance Sunday.

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

"Perhaps the interview's were pre recorded, so they could all go out and clap? pre recorded live? is that some new thing! "

Not new, live is always delayed for many reasons

It's all a load if bollocks anyway. At this point they're martyrs, not heroes.

Give them proper equipment and wages.

Clapping the NHS is something you do to impress your neighbours, like strapping on your poppy you've had for 10 years.

If you vote Tory and clap the NHS you're a mug.

"It's all a load if bollocks anyway. At this point they're martyrs, not heroes.

Clapping the NHS is something you do to impress your neighbours, like strapping on your poppy you've had for 10 years.

If you vote Tory and clap the NHS you're a mug."

Getting right on my nerves now, just people banging on pots and pans trying to out do two doors down.. I'd rather the clappers pissed off and petition the government to give all NHS staff a tax break for a year and a payrise

"Getting right on my nerves now, just people banging on pots and pans trying to out do two doors down.. I'd rather the clappers pissed off and petition the government to give all NHS staff a tax break for a year and a payrise"

Far easier to show off to your neighbours about how great a person you are than petition your MP.

It's disgraceful tbh.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I think the clapping is getting a bit much. It feels like everyone is trying to outdo each other to prove they care the most.

It was a beautiful gesture at first but now I feel its less about showing appreciation and more about showing off "

Agreed. We've got fireworks. One, where are they getting them, two, the sun's not down, three, I know damn well many NHS workers loathe fireworks because of the injury potential.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I think the clapping is getting a bit much. It feels like everyone is trying to outdo each other to prove they care the most.

It was a beautiful gesture at first but now I feel its less about showing appreciation and more about showing off

Agreed. We've got fireworks. One, where are they getting them, two, the sun's not down, three, I know damn well many NHS workers loathe fireworks because of the injury potential."

Agreed. We've got fireworks. One, where are they getting them, two, the sun's not down, three, I know damn well many NHS workers loathe fireworks because of the injury potential."

We've got fireworks on our road too, and a couple of houses seem to have massive outdoor speakers. Quite literally just about who can make the most noise now.

Preach!

Manchester (she/her)

Agreed. We've got fireworks. One, where are they getting them, two, the sun's not down, three, I know damn well many NHS workers loathe fireworks because of the injury potential.

We've got fireworks on our road too, and a couple of houses seem to have massive outdoor speakers. Quite literally just about who can make the most noise now. "

I'm sure the shift working carers really appreciate it

Manchester (she/her)

I don't object to showing appreciation, and as Jamie said it was/ still can be a beautiful gesture. But some of this stuff is just ridiculous.

It was a beautiful gesture at first but now I feel its less about showing appreciation and more about showing off "

THIS!!!!

By *uicy jonesMan  over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

I for one will continue to go out and clap every Thursday Evening , and only clap , not banging of anything else

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

THIS!!!! "

Its pious!

I clap. And I'll keep clapping. Some people are dicks. My not clapping wont stop them being dicks. I'm not sure why I wouldn't show appreciation for NHS staff and carers just cos Johnny bigballs down the road uses it to remind the neighbours he's a massive knob

Manchester (she/her)

"I clap. And I'll keep clapping. Some people are dicks. My not clapping wont stop them being dicks. I'm not sure why I wouldn't show appreciation for NHS staff and carers just cos Johnny bigballs down the road uses it to remind the neighbours he's a massive knob "

I'm definitely not condemning anyone clapping.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

We think the first week the clap was done was a lovely heartfelt gesture, now it has become too much and is just expected, and has lost it's original meaning/value.

It's like if someone bought you flowers out of the blue it would be a lovely surprise, but if they then bought you flowers every week at the same day/time it would loose it's appeal/special-ness.

How did you know they were doing interviews at 8pm? Shouldn’t you have been outside clapping?.....

Let's clap for cancer patients that have had their treatment stopped.. In the hope they survive long enough to have started again

By *aidForSharingWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

'We are now stopping broadcasting so you can go out and clap for carers'. A sinister Orwellian ring to this

By *rettyGreenWoman  over a year ago

watton

As someone working with positive covid patients, i dont clap. Nor do i appreciate my neighbours doing so when i am off on a Thursday. What i would appreciate? Campaigns so care workers get a LIVING wage, not minimum wage. To be able to report and have consequences to those that physically and verbally abuse care workers.

» Add a new message to this topic