FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Clap for NHS

Clap for NHS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Don't forget guys and girls give our NHS the round of applause that they deserve tonight with I know a lot of people now are not doing it anymore but hopefully some of you will keep the vibe going

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we will be.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I think they'd much rather appreciate PPE in sufficient quantities and better pay for what they do instead of virtue signaling gestures.

"Don't forget guys and girls give our NHS the round of applause that they deserve tonight with I know a lot of people now are not doing it anymore but hopefully some of you will keep the vibe going "

I never have.

"I think they'd much rather appreciate PPE in sufficient quantities and better pay for what they do instead of virtue signaling gestures."

"I think they'd much rather appreciate PPE in sufficient quantities and better pay for what they do instead of virtue signaling gestures."

Maybe so but i cant give them those things .What i can do is continue to show my appreciation and will do so for as long as is necessary.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

This has been my stance since week one.

I won’t be sorry I’m not in from work till quarter to 8 and I’ll be cooking my dinner

As an NHS worker we appreciate the clap every Thursday so thank you all

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

"I think they'd much rather appreciate PPE in sufficient quantities and better pay for what they do instead of virtue signaling gestures.

Maybe so but i cant give them those things .What i can do is continue to show my appreciation and will do so for as long as is necessary. "

And when this pandemic is over, the resurgence of abuse will occur due to the long waiting times... No one will be clapping then.

Yes I'm sure they would but as most of us can't provide them with PPE or better pay its a way of saying thank you.

This is a good think and I'm sure its appreciated.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I will be at work wearing the cheapest of PPE.

"Don't forget guys and girls give our NHS the round of applause that they deserve tonight with I know a lot of people now are not doing it anymore but hopefully some of you will keep the vibe going

I never have.

"

Same here.

Absolutely this and for people to adhere to the rules.

Same people clapping are the same people who stand about chatting long after as well as being in and out of each others houses other days.

A bit hypocritical

As nice a gesture as it is how is it helping anyone on the frontline? They need more than 'our support'

"I think they'd much rather appreciate PPE in sufficient quantities and better pay for what they do instead of virtue signaling gestures.

Maybe so but i cant give them those things .What i can do is continue to show my appreciation and will do so for as long as is necessary. "

It's funny how people will clap to show appreciation then hurl abuse if they see someone with a hospital badge not having to queue at a supermarket.

Healthcare professionals are doing their job and the current risks they're experiencing come with the territory and are part of what they've signed up for. Many other professions are taking risks and yet they're not being applauded in a scripted, weekly fashion.

"Don't forget guys and girls give our NHS the round of applause that they deserve tonight with I know a lot of people now are not doing it anymore but hopefully some of you will keep the vibe going

I never have.

"

People who care about our doctors and nurses will clap im sure .

As a NHS worker I will be out there with the rest...

Maybe so but i cant give them those things .What i can do is continue to show my appreciation and will do so for as long as is necessary.

It's funny how people will clap to show appreciation then hurl abuse if they see someone with a hospital badge not having to queue at a supermarket.

Healthcare professionals are doing their job and the current risks they're experiencing come with the territory and are part of what they've signed up for. Many other professions are taking risks and yet they're not being applauded in a scripted, weekly fashion. "

I'm happy to let them take my place in the supermarket queue.

"As a NHS worker I will be out there with the rest... "

I applaud you all

Why do people always feel the need to negative about something that people do with very good intentions.

If you don't to do it fine but don't Criticise those that do.

I never have.

People who care about our doctors and nurses will clap im sure ."

Bollocks

Healthcare professionals are doing their job and the current risks they're experiencing come with the territory and are part of what they've signed up for. Many other professions are taking risks and yet they're not being applauded in a scripted, weekly fashion. "

Same people clapping are the same people who stand about chatting long after as well as being in and out of each others houses other days.

A bit hypocritical

As nice a gesture as it is how is it helping anyone on the frontline? They need more than 'our support'

"

I dont do the things you mention... dont assume.

I have been in my house for 8 weeks caring for my mother only going out once a week for an hour to get shopping!

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

"Why do people always feel the need to negative about something that people do with very good intentions.

If you don't to do it fine but don't Criticise those that do. "

Should we clap for supermarket workers, and non-healthcare emergency workers too? They're still working, having to deal with irresponsible members of the public.

We will be on our doorstep tonight showing our support for NHS staff and all other frontline and essential workers.

I never have.

People who care should be writing to their MP's demanding better working conditions for these professionals. It's much easier to clap and look good rather than do something productive.

I never have.

Bollocks "

Classy! Not

"Why do people always feel the need to negative about something that people do with very good intentions.

Should we clap for supermarket workers, and non-healthcare emergency workers too? They're still working, having to deal with irresponsible members of the public."

We do.

I really don't understand the issue.

I never have.

People who care should be writing to their MP's demanding better working conditions for these professionals. It's much easier to clap and look good rather than do something productive."

And who said people aren't doing both?

I never have.

People who care should be writing to their MP's demanding better working conditions for these professionals. It's much easier to clap and look good rather than do something productive."

I dont clap to look good!

I never have.

People who care should be writing to their MP's demanding better working conditions for these professionals. It's much easier to clap and look good rather than do something productive.

And who said people aren't doing both?"

I'm sure they are....

I never have.

I dont clap to look good! "

Did anyone mention you?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I find it a bit emotionally confronting, the symbolism without seeming substance behind it. But I can only do what I can do (which I'm not making a subject of discussion here).

I never have.

Just because people don't clap doesn't mean to say they don't care, some show it in different ways

I don't clap;

However I set up a standing order to donate money to our local takeaway as every tuesday they take fresh cooked meals to the Dr's and Nurses at my local hospital, they were doing this for free, I contacted them and said I'd like to help, other people do it too now I believe.

I have also donated to local groups who have made PPE and face masks for NHS

Before the lockdown I supported the NHS, by donations to the childrens wards.

Raised funds for them after my Dad died

And also when my Mum passed away

I am currently thinking of what I can do for the cardiology department of the hospital who treats my condition.

I'd rather a pro active, practical approach

I never have.

Did anyone mention you?"

I wasn't replying to a quote from YOU !

I never have.

Just because people don't clap doesn't mean to say they don't care, some show it in different ways

I don't clap;

However I set up a standing order to donate money to our local takeaway as every tuesday they take fresh cooked meals to the Dr's and Nurses at my local hospital, they were doing this for free, I contacted them and said I'd like to help, other people do it too now I believe.

I have also donated to local groups who have made PPE and face masks for NHS

Before the lockdown I supported the NHS, by donations to the childrens wards.

Raised funds for them after my Dad died

And also when my Mum passed away

I am currently thinking of what I can do for the cardiology department of the hospital who treats my condition.

I'd rather a pro active, practical approach

"

I never have.

Did anyone mention you?

I wasn't replying to a quote from YOU !"

whatever. Carry on.

A bit hypocritical

I have been in my house for 8 weeks caring for my mother only going out once a week for an hour to get shopping! "

I never said you did?

That is an observation of what happens in my street

I never have.

Did anyone mention you?

I wasn't replying to a quote from YOU !

whatever. Carry on."

I will !

A bit hypocritical

I have been in my house for 8 weeks caring for my mother only going out once a week for an hour to get shopping!

I never said you did?

That is an observation of what happens in my street"

Thankyou for clarifying

I agree..

My many employed by NHS friends appreciate it. Yes it's not enough, but if it makes them feel a little bit better about bit hopeless situation, I will do it... also my kids like the feeling of the whole street standing together for something. I like that too.

My local MP gave opportunity to ask questions live on a certain platform. Many have asked about PPE issue. Maybe less are talking about what they do behind the curtains.

Our window has a poster Thank You Key workers, before anyone jumps me for singling out NHS.

As a support worker I will be taking off my hot sweaty ppe at 8 after I’ve finished my 12 hour shift , so won’t be clapping as I will be driving home but it’s nice to know people are still think of those of us who are not NHS

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

I will be clapping. People who go to work to help others, risking their lives and families should be seen as heroes.Whether it offers useful support or not, I clap out of respect. A nurses job atm, is no different to any other soldier, just as scary and lonely. I've signed up for the drug trials to try and help, as I feel it's a tiny way for me to help. Love to all NHS staff.

Remember to shit in your hands before you clap if you voted for Boris though

Manchester (she/her)

"Remember to shit in your hands before you clap if you voted for Boris though "

I never have.

Bollocks

Classy! Not"

I'm suicidal and the clapping triggers me.

Or I have young kids and I'm putting them to bed at that time.

Or my family are in China and it's unlikely I will ever see them alive again.

Or I work on a covid ward and collapse exhausted on the sofa at 7.30pm.

Or many other reasons why I and others may not clap. But thank you for saying that people who don't clap don't care.

Manchester (she/her)

I feel solidarity and support matters. It isn't enough, but it matters.

I agree

"Don't forget guys and girls give our NHS the round of applause that they deserve tonight with I know a lot of people now are not doing it anymore but hopefully some of you will keep the vibe going "

Nice one

In this for the long haul so those that can and want to will keep the vibe going.

#Respect

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

I never have.

Bollocks

Classy! Not

I'm suicidal and the clapping triggers me.

Or I have young kids and I'm putting them to bed at that time.

Or my family are in China and it's unlikely I will ever see them alive again.

Or I work on a covid ward and collapse exhausted on the sofa at 7.30pm.

Or many other reasons why I and others may not clap. But thank you for saying that people who don't clap don't care. "

Wow, every single point you raised, started with I, isn't that a little selfish?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

This..

Whilst the points are valid, this gesture of appreciation is just that..

It won't change how the ppe issue has been handled nor address some of the fundamental issues..

Nor will it bring back any of the NHS staff whose lives have been tragically lost..

But if it brings a smile to some NHS and care staff then yes that'll do..

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Remember to shit in your hands before you clap if you voted for Boris though "

Classy!

Should we clap for supermarket workers, and non-healthcare emergency workers too? They're still working, having to deal with irresponsible members of the public."

Our eldest daughter works in a supermarket is heavily pregnant she’s doing her bit to keep people supplied with shopping but gets lots of abuse from arseholes who can’t see why filling a trolley with toilet paper and pasta is wrong. It’s not only NHS staff who need appreciation in this crisis

Manchester (she/her)

Should we clap for supermarket workers, and non-healthcare emergency workers too? They're still working, having to deal with irresponsible members of the public.

Our eldest daughter works in a supermarket is heavily pregnant she’s doing her bit to keep people supplied with shopping but gets lots of abuse from arseholes who can’t see why filling a trolley with toilet paper and pasta is wrong. It’s not only NHS staff who need appreciation in this crisis "

I really, really feel for supermarket workers at the moment.

About a month ago I called over to someone emptying a bin at a tram station to say thank you. He looked at me like I had three heads

I clap as it gives my daughter a chance to thank the NHS and front line workers for their support and there is no way she will sleep through the fireworks and banging in my area.

I do not agree it is a positive thing when 100s of people gather outside of a hospital every week including police and other services. The public turn up with their cameras, we even had a carnival atmosphere last 2 weeks with busses and lorry drivers. I think it is extremely disrespectful to the people that have “stayed home to protect the NHS” as well as feeling extremely sorry for the poor people that are stuck in a hospital bed. But if clapping makes you feel like you are making a difference then fair play. I’m sure it’s lovely to hear when you have worked hard, but realistically I’m sure better wages or even a decent staff room or even a free drink would be more of a thank you. If everyone that clapped even just put a £1 in each week or instead put energy in to helping those that are struggling then we would live in a better world.

Wow.

Yes I will be outside clapping those heroes tonight with my children as I do and will continue to do every week.

Clapping is very condescending, plus clapping won't pay their mortgage

[Removed by poster at 14/05/20 11:25:37]

"Wow.

Yes I will be outside clapping those heroes tonight with my children as I do and will continue to do every week. "

Us too xx

I've never clapped & won't.

Well done for doing your job & all that but I'd look & feel a bit of a twat as I live in a secluded place where there is just me

By *verage JosephMan  over a year ago

Grays & London

100% as always.

Hope people continue to support them & fight for them after this is all over!

But let’s be honest most people will just forget about them & all the other emergency services when the government starts making its cuts & refuses their deserved pay rises again as per usual

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

How can u wish the clap on the nhs..

I applaud the nhs

I never have.

Just because some people choose not to clap doesn't mean they don't appreciate the NHS. I'm so grateful and thankful for our key workers but I don't clap every Thursday. It's a lovely sentiment but it doesn't make one person better than another because they clapped.

Manchester (she/her)

I never have.

Just because some people choose not to clap doesn't mean they don't appreciate the NHS. I'm so grateful and thankful for our key workers but I don't clap every Thursday. It's a lovely sentiment but it doesn't make one person better than another because they clapped. "

Agreed. I think what we need to do for the NHS now is stick together, look after ourselves and each other. Rather than fighting over a gesture.

Let's not criticise Whether people clap or not.

We will be and thats our personal choice.

"Remember to shit in your hands before you clap if you voted for Boris though

Classy! "

Is it classy to give mps a ten grand bonus for their efforts at lockdown? Yet that’s what he did. I wonder if he will give the NHS staff the pay they so clearly deserve and not just now but in general! What nurses and police get is disgusting! Give them the decent pay they well deserve! Then I’ll get some respect for him!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Or criticise those that don't

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Can people remember it is against rules to attack others when replying to a post

( posts removed )

By *jl1972Man  over a year ago

Bournemouth

There are many ways to show appreciation , I usually go out and clap but don't expect everyone else to. No doubt many will have their own way of paying tribute in private.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

When it first started it was a really emotional clap, knowing what they were battling in hospitals and we did it.

Then it became like a party and lets see how much bigger we can make it to post online so I think it lost it's sentiment.

So I don't open the door to do it now, as I don't like the drum banging/ cars horns / playing happy songs on a guitar /whoop whooping that is going on so we just think of all the people working on the frontline inside.

By *ddictedToLoveMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I don’t see the point. Best thing you can do to support them is stay at home and social distance

"When it first started it was a really emotional clap, knowing what they were battling in hospitals and we did it.

Then it became like a party and lets see how much bigger we can make it to post online so I think it lost it's sentiment.

So I don't open the door to do it now, as I don't like the drum banging/ cars horns / playing happy songs on a guitar /whoop whooping that is going on so we just think of all the people working on the frontline inside."

Same. The first week or two we kept up baba past his bedtime so we could do it. Haven’t done it since

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple  over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

We hope there's something more permanent after this, a day in their honour when we can show appreciation every year and people try and be kinder and more patient with all the NHS and other key workers going forward.

And long shot these Tory c**ts give them something more solid now and going forward too.

"When it first started it was a really emotional clap, knowing what they were battling in hospitals and we did it.

So I don't open the door to do it now, as I don't like the drum banging/ cars horns / playing happy songs on a guitar /whoop whooping that is going on so we just think of all the people working on the frontline inside."

Very much agree, the first week or two of folk just clapping away was fine but last week we had 20 minutes of dance classics blaring down the street and people were leaving their houses to gather and watch what was going on, that just completely works against what it was meant to stand for in my opinion, then to have neighbours staring into your kitchen window gesturing for you come out and join them is a bit of an invasion

Same.

By *entle giraffeMan  over a year ago

Minehead

I never have.

And many who don't clap also care about doctors and nurses (and many others) I'm sure.

My local hospital charity is asking for various donations if someone is able to help financially. Donate meals, snacks, hand creams etc but let's also remembered not everyone is in the position to make donations now. Maybe that small gesture makes them feel they are at least saying thank you?

"My local hospital charity is asking for various donations if someone is able to help financially. Donate meals, snacks, hand creams etc but let's also remembered not everyone is in the position to make donations now. Maybe that small gesture makes them feel they are at least saying thank you? "

We have the same here. They appreciate it.

By *ooking4othersMan  over a year ago

Here ...

I asked my neighbours to stop clapping as i have a standing meeting with my team and the NHS at that time ... so now my street does it at 7pm instead

» Add a new message to this topic