FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Loneliness

Loneliness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else really lonely at the moment?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Anyone else really lonely at the moment?"

I'm alone but not lonely. The only reason I am not lonely is due to technology that keeps me in touch with family , friends, colleagues and neighbours. I see 'humans' a the shops and have brief exchanges. I read and watch films and I know I will be back in work very soon.

I do know that I have begun to miss being surrounded by people every day.

I do know that without technology I'd have been stymied in every sense of the word.

Even the telly keeps us informed of what is going on.

If this had happened 50 years ago. None of us had t.v. or phones.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No. But the grass isn’t always greener op. I see lots of lonely posts and I think I’d give my right arm to just have an hour on my own at the moment! It’s just as tough for all of us, whether alone or with a house full.

Sending hugs x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"No. But the grass isn’t always greener op. I see lots of lonely posts and I think I’d give my right arm to just have an hour on my own at the moment! It’s just as tough for all of us, whether alone or with a house full.

Sending hugs x"

My daughter calls me because i'm on my own and she feels for me ...... I laugh like a drain... she has a four year old and i'll spoon my eyes out if we had to change places...... :-0

You're right. It's different strokes innit.

"No. But the grass isn’t always greener op. I see lots of lonely posts and I think I’d give my right arm to just have an hour on my own at the moment! It’s just as tough for all of us, whether alone or with a house full.

Sending hugs x

My daughter calls me because i'm on my own and she feels for me ...... I laugh like a drain... she has a four year old and i'll spoon my eyes out if we had to change places...... :-0

You're right. It's different strokes innit."

Definitely! I keep saying to my mum when she moans. I’ll swap with you mum!

By *urvelover39Man  over a year ago

Somewhere

Sending hugs x"

I second this, i would love just an hour of peace and quiet

I am alone and yes sometimes I feel lonely but also have tech to keep in touch with family and friends.

I have found ways of kepping occupied so far and have olenty of projects planed to keep me going untill I can get back to work (Been informed this will probably be July). I do think the key is to keep busy and set goals which is nit always easy but at least from tomorrow we can all sit in parks etc and watch the world go by.

Big virtual hugs untill we can hug for real.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I am adult lonely, missing face to face conversations with my friends so I've withdrawn into full mummy mode now as being lonely whilst having constant company was too depressing, I needed a new project so now focused on lockdown weight loss and cardio exercises

Could you find a project to distract yourself, if even for a short while?

» Add a new message to this topic